Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Chapter 1. Velvet Play Date [Colty] - Page 2 WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» reminiscent: personified spirit panfandom
by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:40 am

» Lusamine
by Lusamine Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:09 pm

» A Dangerous Game {Closed/Tag: Kiigan}
by Kiigan Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:42 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Kiigan Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 am

» A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]
by Katsumi Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
No user

Donations

Chapter 1. Velvet Play Date [Colty]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chapter 1. Velvet Play Date [Colty] - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter 1. Velvet Play Date [Colty]

Post by Daphne Fri May 28, 2021 8:52 pm

Daphne

Flashing lights of devotion, circling in slow motion, I kissed the lips of a potion, and now I'm out in the open, so follow me into the dark...
Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne was taken aback when she heard the door handle twist, the sound of him entering the room reaching her ears. Why was he coming in? Didn’t he see the childish manner in which she was handling the situation? She would continue in her refusal to look at him. The reason for which was a balance between still being mad and not wanting to get caught by his gaze. This was the first time she had ever gotten angry or upset with Colter, and his unpredictability was confusing to her.

She was toxic, and any form of relationship; friendship, sexual or otherwise was going to be affected by that. This was exactly when she kept to one offs and artificial friendship.Keeping everyone at arm's length was just so much easier, a lot less complicated than hanging out with people whose company you actually liked. Her eyes widened at his apology, her angry glower softening, however true to the child-like tantrum she was still caught up in. She would turn her head to the wall pointedly. Even when he chose to approach her.

She would feel him sitting beside her once more, reunited with both his warmth and his scent. She remained silent as he continued, even though internally the walls of anger were quickly crumbling. The icy coolness of her exterior melted. She didn’t hear apologies often, not genuine ones anyway. She was the girl who hated saying sorry, and never heard sorry in return, which was perhaps why the sincerity of his words affected her so much.

When he reached for her, she couldn't resist. She couldn’t. She wanted him to reach for her, to chase her, to find a way for them to escape this awkward situation that she had put them in. She just didn’t know how to go about it. She was no good at this.

When he spoke again, she would finally look up at him. By which point, the fiery heat had faded from her gaze, leaving her with a look of sad confusion as she awaited his question.

WC: 345 Total WC: 11,906 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

VylderGold : 127848

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1. Velvet Play Date [Colty] - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter 1. Velvet Play Date [Colty]

Post by Colter Fri May 28, 2021 9:01 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

“Daphne.”

He took a chance to look at her eyes, focusing and studying how she reacted to his actions. There was something about here that was so serene. Her attitude and childish nature was something that he hadn’t encountered before, but it was hardly the worst thing he had dealt with in his life. Trying having a mother who disowned you just because you decided to make  a decision that doesn’t directly align with her own ideals. Or having a father that treated you like a burden and often forced you to do tasks far from home so he didn’t have to remember you’re another man’s bastard. Those were the true children in Colter’s life. The true petty assholes.

“Would it make you happy to be able to do things that you really wish to do, to satisfy the other person? If so then I can agree with that. But it goes both ways. If you feel the urge to do something nice for me, then I will allow it. But in kind-”  He’d take her chin with his right index finger, raising her head up towards him as he leaned forward. Pressing his lips against her own with passion the likes of which was reserved for lovers. His tongue would force itself through the gates, to find it’s adversary and counterpart. The kiss itself showcasing a deep and fiery loyalty. There was no mistaking it now. He was far beyond the point of return. If she wanted to live up to what she had told him in the throes of their coitus, then so be it. He’d give her everything.

He’d wrap his arm around the small of her back as he’d shift closer to her, pulling her against him as close as he could whilst sustaining the intimate display of affection. His mind was a mess. She had told him that this was meant to be strictly casual, but had reacted as though she had genuine feelings for him. Perhaps this was a duplicitous ploy just like that of his supposed allies in the past. But he had made it clear in the past that he was the kind of guy that trusted easily. No matter how dangerous the situation proved to be. “Do you understand?”  He had pulled back from the kiss to speak to her. His emotions ran high..

“You’ve done nothing wrong. I just misunderstood. So please don’t be upset. My precious, rose.”

{ @Daphne | 408 | 12,314}

Last edited by Colter on Fri May 28, 2021 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Colter
Colter

VylderGold : 10312

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Fri May 28, 2021 9:06 pm

Daphne

Flashing lights of devotion, circling in slow motion, I kissed the lips of a potion, and now I'm out in the open, so follow me into the dark...
Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne tilted her head to the side, considering what he was saying. Did she want that? Yes, No, Maybe. She didn’t really know what she wanted to be honest. But what she did know was when he kissed her that all of the negative thoughts washed away. Eyes closing she would instinctively sink into her kiss, shifting herself closer to him. Parting her lips to allow him access, her own tongue meeting him in kind. Quickly becoming utterly consumed in the heat of the exchange, the wondrous movings of his lips and tongue against hers created a fog in her mind. Her hands snaked around his neck, one of which would slide upwards to his hair, running it’s pleasant softness through her fingers.

When he pulled back, her eyes would open to meet his. Frowning at him, How did he do that? Somehow, her temper tantrum had completely dissipated, those gnarly emotions that burned within threatening to destroy the entire situation faded. Granted, this had been fractional, a mere glimmer of the damaged persona that the witch played host to. Perhaps Colty was just a really patient person, but Daphne had a lot of issues, she wondered how long the patience would last as time went on. It would have been less cruel to end this early, Colter was so nice. He didn’t deserve this. But Daphne was a greedy bitch. Doing the right thing was not in her wheelhouse, especially not when it came to things she wanted.

“I… understand.”  She replied softly, she leaned in, stealing another chaste kiss from his lips.

WC: 264 Total WC: 12,578 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Fri May 28, 2021 9:19 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

She stole a chaste kiss and he had placed his hands against the side of her cheek looking upon her with a soft expression. She didn’t say master… so he wondered if she understood this beyond their master and slave, sub and dom relationship. There was a reason that he didn’t know how to feel about this entire ordeal. The experiences were a bit too personal. Especially given the fact that he fused their souls briefly during that stint. While he couldn’t glean any information out of her, he was able to completely comprehend how she was feeling in that moment. It was something that proved to be dangerous. He wondered if that might have influenced her actions.

“So… what is it that you wish to do, my rose. I give you free rein to act and choose.”

{ @Daphne | 138 | 12,716}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Fri May 28, 2021 9:21 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne sat before him, her mind rolling through the scenarios. She knew that the question pertained more to ‘in the now’, but there was something else that bothered her about it. Not entirely sure what it was that she wanted, on one hand, their current dynamic thrilled her. It fulfilled a need that she craved hungrily, it delighted her in ways one could only dream of. With this agreement, she could let him help her in the most depraved manner, opening a world of things that had remained exclusive to private sessions in her dreamscape. She would be able to experience those things in real life and so much more.

But there were also other things she enjoyed, would she have to sacrifice those just to indulge these desires? Or would it be a case of she wouldn’t be able to enjoy them with him but with others? Or when this circumstance eventually expired? Still unaware of the spiritual permanence of her ties to him, she could only assume that at some point this was going to come to an end. Either amicably or in a cataclysmic hellfire of disastrous proportions - knowing her usually the latter. She would trail a finger over his chest, eyes drawn downward as she traced patterns across through his ethereal shirt.

She thought about their situation, the agreement they had made. The enlightment riddled negotiations that they underwent to get here, there was a possibility, but she didn’t know if he’d be open to it. It was worth asking though, if she wasn’t ready to throw this away. She looked up to him, her expression calmer but still somewhat serious.

“Two nights. I want two nights per month. Like coming up for air when you’ve been diving.” A smile would stretch across her face, using his own phrase as the reasoning for her suggestion. She purposely wasn’t using his title, because this was about submission. She didn’t even know why she wanted this but the idea of having a small dose of control for a fraction of their time together excited her.

WC: 348 Total WC: 13,064 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Fri May 28, 2021 9:23 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

He found himself confused by her words. The fuck did she want for two nights? Coming up for air? He just told her that she had full permission to ask for whatever she wanted and her choice was to have some space. Well that was fucking rude. Colter did his best not to react to the words at first. He seemed overwhelmed by how his apology seemingly backfired. It was strange that he was so… fucked up. But it was fine. Part of being a good dom was knowing when and when not to enforce your laws. If you didn’t give a reprieve you could overwhelm those you were meant to be protecting.

“Two nights? Even though you will already have times where you go back to Rivengate and to the mainland? I would think that would give you enough space. Can you elaborate for me on what it is you’re wanting?”  He’d look at her for a moment, there was no indication on his face that he was upset or bothered by her words. But he was. And he would have to complete all of this at some later point in time. For now, there was little he could do beyond wait for his head to hit the chopping block.

{ @Daphne | 211 | 13,275}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Fri May 28, 2021 9:25 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Her brow would furrow, giving him a look that basically read as ‘what the fuck’, listening to him as he displayed how much he had misunderstood what she was saying. What was it about what she had said that he got ‘give me some space’ from. Although as she considered the way she phrased it, she hadn’t specified what she required those two nights for. Had he thought that she meant two nights away from him?  An amused expression would spread across her face, shaking her head at him. “No, you goose.”  She laughed, unable to suppress how entertained she was by the misunderstanding. It probably would have helped if they had talked more during their negotiations but considering what he had done to her body during that time - Talking wasn’t really on the table.

“So like, when I visit you. I want two nights with you where I get ‘free rein’ on what we do. Within reason obviously, I wouldn’t want to do anything you don’t enjoy but… I would like to get to decide what we did that evening.” She explained, hoping that this would give him a better understanding of where she was coming from.

She looked down, wondering how to say the next part. It was a troublesome thing, one of the shoulder witches beating at her skull with a mallet in outrage. Express feelings? This bitch? Unspeakable. But somehow she ended up doing it anyway.

“Don’t get me wrong, I… really, really, enjoy the sex as it is now. But… I want to try other things with you too, and … well, I like hanging out with you too. So, I don’t know…”  Ahh, this was icky. Icky, soppy, weird shit. But you know, maybe actually developing a friendship with him was possible, that was what she was gunning for. A little normality in the chaos. She pulled back, scooting away a bit, not for any particular reason other than the fact that this kind of talk made her uncomfortable. She would shrug, glancing away because it was easier than watching his expression right now.

WC: 351 Total WC: 13,626 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Fri May 28, 2021 9:32 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

He listened to her carefully, reaching out to grab her chin once more so that she was made to face him again. “Look at me.”  He spoke with authority as he gazed upon her. This was a better case scenario than he had originally anticipated. He didn’t quite know the lengths of her request. But in this current situation, this was the best that he could hope for. “So you want two nights where you get free rein on what we do? So do you want to pick the acts we do? Or are you asking me to let you decide the activities of that day as well. Since, we are meeting for more than just nights.”  He’d remove his hand from her chin, stroking through her hair to keep it out of her face.

He wanted her to make sure that what she wanted was made clear. Because what she was asking for was something that he had to be cautious about. Though he took a moment to place his forehead against her own. Another act of intimacy that he hadn’t actively tried to do, but it felt right given the vibe. Which was only growing the more that they talked and negotiated. Colter didn’t know if he was just some walking pogo-stick that she was using whenever she got bored. Or if there was something further. Only time would tell.

{ @Daphne | 232 | 13,858}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Fri May 28, 2021 9:33 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Upon his command, she would bring her face round to look at him once more. The directness of the order compelled her to obey him out of habit. Now that she could see his face, she would try to read his expression. Colter was exceptionally good at not giving anything away, arguably even better than she did. It seemed that he now understood what it was she was after, and considered he hadn’t flat out refused her. Then maybe that meant he didn’t entirely mind the idea. That was good. It pleased the Witch that he hadn’t immediately dismissed her, taking the time to listen to what she had to say and responding in a surprisingly respectable manner.

He would present her with a series of further questions, "I mean, the days too would be great. I just didn’t want to ask for too much,” She admitted honestly, she realised that there was the possibility that this might come across weird. The gentle touching of her face, the manner in which he pressed his forehead against hers made her feel strange. Not in a bad way, just strange. She didn’t pull away, remaining in this moment with him. Breaking the strangeness by continuing to explain things to him because she wasn’t sure what else she was supposed to do right now.

“Like I’m not trying to change the way you are or anything, I just want the possibility to mix it up you know. I think you'd find I’m pretty fun to be around, like trust me, I would know I hang with me all the time.” She would say the last part as a joke, layering her voice with a smugness that was only partially false. Truth be told, she did really rate herself. She was a delight, you know, when she wasn’t being a complete nutcase.

WC: 308 Total WC: 14,166 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Fri May 28, 2021 9:39 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

“I don’t see the need for this request. I think that so long as you show an interest in something, we can do it. If you want to show me things, show me. If you want to just spend time together, we can do that. I only wanted you to be my sub, because you’re fascinating. So I’m the last person you should be telling about how fun you are haha.”  He’d put his arm around her and hold her, squeezing her into a hug. He enjoyed her scent, especially since it was her natural fragrance compared to whenever she cleaned up. Her sweat was the most delectable scent that had ever crossed his nose. Well, there was one place that had an aroma he preferred.

“My authority over you is at its highest in the bedroom, but if you wish to have a chance to show me what you can do to come up with, then we just need a word. That word will be Colter. But since you’re talking about things beyond the bedroom. Hmm.”  He took a chance to shift himself, leaning back onto the bed and flipping over, crawling to the headboard. He made sure to put a pillow where his back would be. He’d then pull her so that she could lay with him on the bed. He could tell that she was feeling awkward so he dedicated to trying and helping her out by downplaying the situation.

“We are friends, so we still have time for that. We just happened to be… working out the finer points of our relationship. You know, get all of our strong chemistry put towards something productive.”  He didn’t truly believe in that, but he was capable of seeing strands of her soul and he knew the reason why was due to her Soulbinder. She seemed conflicted on this issue, so he wanted to make sure he didn’t drive her away and into the arms of another. Especially since he knew that she had the highest taste and was far too humble to be impressed by what he had to offer. Be it money or influence.

“We both need to be comfortable and happy in this re-, this partnership. So if that would make you happy, then let’s do it.”

{ @Daphne | 381 | 14,547}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Fri May 28, 2021 9:44 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

“Oh,” She would comment, taken aback by his words. She really hadn’t quite grasped the nature of their dynamic, she couldn’t tell if this was all business or otherwise. It probably hadn’t helped that the entire this was offset by his offer to pay for her room, giving it a transactional feel in her head. But regardless, hearing him agree to just spend time together pleased her greatly. Again she would allow him to pull her into a hug, he was so close and yet all they were doing was talking. It was such an intimate scenario. Alien to the pinkette. She didn’t know what to do, she couldn’t fight him right now. Perhaps it was the earlier wounding of her ego, but she wanted to be close to him. For him to validate that he wanted her, to provide both verbal and physical reassurance.

A safe word. An expression of blankness crossing the woman's face. Wait, Did they not cover one already? Her eyes widened in slight mortification, he went so far with her too. And … she let him. No safety nets. Well, shit. Considering the seriousness of their discussion, Daphne would hold back the desire to laugh at her own stupidity. She just let a man she’d only known for three weeks treated her body in the way that he had. It was so unbelievably reckless. Maybe her mother was right, maybe leaving home would be the ruin of her - Oh no, boo hoo.

Colter. That was the safe word. Really? She snorted derisively, well, it made sense, seeing as she always referred to him as Colty, or from now on, Master. As he moved further up the bed, she would happily move along with him. It was a lot of intimacy but seeing how long of a day they had endured, but at this point she was just tired of overthinking it. His definition of the relationship would feel like a weight lifting off her chest, she leaned into him, laying against his firm front. So he understood that they were just friends, and this partnership was purely for the benefit of great sex and enjoying each other’s company. No twisted emotional bullshit, she had been worried for nothing. She breathed deeply, inhaling the intoxicating scent of his aroma, relaxing completely against him.

“I’d like that.”

~

WC: 391 Total WC: 14,938 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Fri May 28, 2021 10:39 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

Colter was a liar. He knew that he had felt something deeper for this woman and it was going to be the death of him. Especially since he was somewhere trapped between a rock and a hard place. He had never felt this way about another breathing person. The only people that Colter had ever socialized with of his own accord were the spirits of the dead. Especially since living people seemed to lack a respect for their own lives. Taking them for granted and doing nothing to give back to the world that housed them. It was devastating to Colter. So he isolated himself. He was proven right at the bottom of that pit. But now he had met someone worthy of him.

She had a damaged heart, her entire being had been in some way. Despite how well she took care of herself, he knew that he was fighting a battle on two fronts. Which was something that was going to destroy him. For if he let her believe in the words that he said, then she’d never take him seriously. He’d never have a chance to explore a romantic interest with her. If he chose however to try and see if there was anything further between them, something real, then she would run away from him. What was the better route to take? To have her in your life and at least simulate something of importance? Or to break it off so that neither of you wasted time.

He was selfish, he had been for a long time. He’d take the false reality. It was far better than being alone. He didn’t want to be confined to the spirit realm again. Time was weird within the spirit realm. It might have been three days in actuality, but when their souls merged it was like an indescribable amount of time had passed. Which was something that he hadn’t felt before. But he was the only one who could perceive it… or perhaps he just didn’t have enough information to know that himself. That was the crux of the entire situation right? What did he know, what didn’t he know? Didn’t seem to matter really. Especially in this circumstance.

He’d turn his head, looking upon her and thinking about just how fucked he was. "Come, nap with me. Wake me up… however you like."

{ @Daphne | 395 | 15,333}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Fri May 28, 2021 11:05 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Spinning on her heel, Daphne would roll on her heel, twisting herself back in front of her kitchen stove, salt shaker in her hands. Twisting it over the pan in front of her, adding a little flavour to the scrambled eggs she was currently cooking. Music blaring from across the room, a radio blaring, the upbeat rhythms of Shake FM blasting around the room. It wasn’t easy to find a station that played the kinds of songs Daphne liked, luckily after a while of fiddling with the dial she managed to find one that played Rivengate artists.

Dressed in little more than a flannel shirt and black panties pulled dragged out of the depths of her satchel. Hips swaying from side to side in rhythm to the music, humming idly along she prepared breakfast for both of them. Putting the shaker down, she would scoop up her wooden spoon, moving over to another pan, and turning over the sausages. Luckily for her, Colter’s influence in the faction meant that she had been able to have all of her basic groceries sent to the room. They probably could have had something cooked made for them, but Daphne was in a good mood, and she quite enjoyed cooking. Even if it was just something as simple as a fry up. Between cooking for her family, and taking kitchen jobs in Rivengate, she knew her way around the kitchen.

WC: 236 Total WC: 15,569 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Fri May 28, 2021 11:58 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

He had never heard the radio before, perhaps he had without realizing it, but Colter wasn’t really spending all of his time using all of the latest tech from either Rivengate and the Avalon Islands. He was far more in tune with nature usually, but was recently getting into the gadgets and gizmos as time passed. He had awoken some time ago. There wasn’t any food in this room, so he had made a call to the room service to bring up ingredients needed to start the day off right. Including all of his equipment that he had needed to make some primo coffee.

He had already been well on his way, boiling the brew and making sure the ratios were all correct. He took things in a playful manner, having walked up behind her, taking his palm and slapping it against her backside quickly. Smiling as he went around to the coffee device and started fiddling with it again.  “So, while I know that you’ve come back for a bit to join up with the guild. What exactly are your plans for the rest of the time here? Actually, how long are you going to be here?” He didn’t know anything about her plans. But he wanted to see what was going on.

{ @Daphne | 214 | 15,783}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Sat May 29, 2021 12:26 am

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

The firm smack against her backside would elicit a grin from the pinkette, glancing over to her white-haired sous chef - currently handling the brews. It was around mid-morning, having enjoyed another peaceful night of sleep next to him, Daphne was incredibly refreshed. She wasn’t really used to getting more than six hours of sleep, being able to indulge in dreamless rest was definitely one of the greatest perks about Avalon; aside from the beaches, the heat and now, Colty.

Last night's tensions were forgotten, the atmosphere was pleasant, hanging out together in such a relaxed manner was nice for her. Whilst she wasn’t short of experience in the bedroom, it was exceptionally rare that she ever ‘slept’ next to her conquests. Usually leaving after the deed was done, making sure they were clear on the way things were. Yet, she had already broken that rule with him twice, mostly because by the time they were finished she was too exhausted to keep her eyes open -  let alone sneak out. But it didn’t matter, because they were friends.

He had said so himself.

The added benefit of not having to worry about invading his dreams helped, it was at least one of the things Daphne was most hesitant about. He had mentioned training her, but as far as she was concerned, she would prefer to put it off for as long as possible. The invasion of one’s dreams were an extremely personal endeavour, she could burrow her way into the darkest depths of his mind and learn every secret he held if she wanted to. But she didn’t want to, far from it. Invading a person’s subconscious was an utterly terrifying experience, the first time she had done it, she had taken weeks to recover. Not having great control over your own abilities in someone’s dream meant that the dreamer took control and being trapped in someone else’s nightmare without any means to fighting back was a horror Daphne would rather not relive.

For now, she was happy to just not mention it. Hope that he forgot and just take it easy. She would prefer to take some time to get accustomed to the faction first, to learn its rules and regulations more thoroughly before attempting to take on any missions. Although she wasn’t actually sure just how soon she would be expected to start, nor did she have a clue what the Heknys they would expect her to do. She would hope it might be something more along the lines of what Colty did, hunting relics seemed like something she would at least enjoy, work or not.

She would move away from the stove, grabbing the plates she had set aside in preparations, beginning to spoon the finished eggs onto each one. Looking over her shoulder at him as she answered his question, “I don’t really know. I think I need to familiarise myself with Avalon Island now that I’m going to be here more often. I wanna do a little reading on the faction to just make sure I really have an idea on how to proceed, so I’ll see if I can find some books to help me with that. I guess I could stay for about two weeks, three at most, I need to head back and show my face at Vylderide, see what amendments I can make to my contract with them. It’s a freelance role but I still gotta go things over with them.”

WC: 581 Total WC: 16,364 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Sat May 29, 2021 1:21 am

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

He listened to her and he had no fucking idea what the fuck she was talking about in the slightest. Like what in the hell was a Vylderide. What was freelance? Okay whatever, he was intelligent when it came to certain things. But he didn’t usually retain information that didn’t lead to his bottom line. Whatever the case he had found himself going towards the cabinet and taking out a pair of glasses. He’d then take the steps to make more than just a cup of coffee, he went full on making cappuccinos. It was something that he had done in his freetime, being one of his many hobbies that had never been brought up in conversation. But now she had an idea of it.

He thought about how to approach this, but he figured the best way to handle it was to be blunt.  “If you’d like any company on your trips to the library, then by all means. If you’re interested in learning further about the guild, I can aid you in some of it at the very least. I don’t pay attention to… a lot of stuff.” He shrugged as he took two of the coffee cups and headed over towards the dining table, putting one on either side of the table. He had created small images on the top of the drinks with the foam, which were both shaped in different ways. Daphne’s drink had a crescent moon drawn onto the top, while his seemed to have a fish. Which made him laugh.

“I don’t want to smother you, but I am available whenever you’re interested. You’ll find no better guide to the Avalon Islands than I. Of that you can be sure. We have an event slot coming up soon, I am going to go check out what it might be and then I’ll let you know what it is.” He made this point clear to her. Before he went on ahead and took a seat at the table. Normally he would have pulled her chair out for her, but he figured that given what happened last night, he was going to let her have the chance to feel normal. He just waited for her to bring him his meal.

“I will need you tonight. I want to live up to my promise of having you test your magic on me. So don’t back out on me now.” He smiled as he looked over towards her. It was nice to talk to her, especially since it felt like their sexual chemistry sometimes didn’t give them enough time to just do these normal things. It was good that she had brought it up. He genuinely enjoyed spending time with her. He didn’t have to be inside of her in order to enjoy her presence. But it didn’t matter, If she was happy, then he was willing to do whatever to sustain that. Even if it would ultimately lead to his ruin.

{ @Daphne | 495 | 16,859}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Sat May 29, 2021 2:03 am

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

As everything finished up on the pans, Daphne would continue to plate up the food, turning off the stove once she was done. She considered his offer to go to the library with her, it was very sweet of him, she could see that he was trying hard to make sure that she settled in at the faction. Undoubtedly because he was the one who had recruited her in the first place. “I mean if you want to, I’m pretty good at figuring things out on my own so don’t worry too much about easing me in.”  She replied, not really considering that the offer may have come from the desire to spend time with her, as far as she chose to see it, Colty was just being helpful.

Picking up the plates and carrying them over to the table, placing one in front of him and the other on the placemat in front of her seat. She would turn to head back to the kitchen, where she would gather a selection of condiments. She wasn’t really familiar enough with the fae to know what he liked with his eggs, so to avoid error she just grabbed it all. Returning to the table and setting the sauce bottles down neatly in a row before sliding into the seat across from him. “I’d appreciate that, do you know how long it’ll be before I’m given work? Or do I have to claim the contracts myself like with the Adventurer’s guild?”  Before she could make any real plans to tour the island with him, she needed to figure out just how much time she had. Daphne wasn’t an especially organised person, but she was willing to start off with a reasonable amount of effort at least.

An event? This sounded exciting, Daphne would go to all sorts of different events back home. She used to bust her ass working some shitty jobs to afford to but whenever she could experience something like a fashion show, the opening of a nightclub or a concert - then she was there. In her head, she would try to imagine what kind of occurrence would be arranged by a faction such as Velvet Reign -  something extravagant no doubt. As he wasn’t sure what the event was she wouldn’t pry, she would however make a mental note to ask about it later. Grabbing her fork, Daphne would begin to dig into her eggs, eyes rolling at the savoury flavours that coated her tongue. Damn, she was good.

Swallowing her bite, she would go in for another, only to pause at his words. Ah, there it was, he remembered. Fuck. So much for putting it off as long as possible, She would straighten up, rolling the eggs under the prongs of her utensil. “Oh, it’s okay, we don’t have to do that right away right. I’m sure you have more important things to do.”  She stated casually, trying to find a way to play off the importance of training her magic. She didn’t want to do it, but she also didn’t think she could deny him directly. Improving her magic skills was fundamental to her being here, but it was just so soon. There was a contentful bliss between them right now, and she wanted to prolong that for as long as possible. Before something, most likely her, ruined it all.

WC: 564 Total WC: 17,423 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Sat May 29, 2021 11:55 am

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

“Why wouldn’t I want to spend time with you? You’re silly when you wake up.” He stated in a fairly stoic manner, though he had a smile on his face all the while. He’d cut into his eggs and take the portion that he had dismembered, slipping it onto the prongs of his fork and tossing it into his mouth. She was a wizard with the seasoning and she seemingly knew what she was doing. It was impressive, something that he’d have to pry into later. But for now at least he was able to concentrate on her and the conversation. Pulling up his glass of cappuccino to his lips and sipping it. It was hot due to still being freshly brewed, but he enjoyed the subtle flavors.

“Velvet Reign is the type of faction that operates through exclusivity. We have a delicately curated selection of contracts that is handled by our acquisitions department, they take on direct requests from individual clients who have a reputation or have been proven to have a service, wealth or asset valuable to the faction.” Like a degenerate, he went ahead and mixed all of the elements of his plate together, so that he could scoop the various flavorful objects into his gullet. Enjoying the succulence of the meal. He knew that he’d have to somehow convince her to give him applause after making him breakfast one of these days. That was a bit more advanced, however.

“Individuals who do not have much to offer, but enough to garner our attention will have their requests posted with the Acquisitions Department, and you can find that in the entrance hall by talking to the Concierge. Based on our specialties, we will be given tasks directly. I believe that it’s a combination of locator magic, and ____. Unlike Rivengate we can’t rely on cell service to carry these messages. Any tasks sent to us are our VIP contracts. They are to be handled in order to ensure your continued employment here in Velvet Reign. We don’t really care about the individual so much as how that individual can help the collective whole. And that is by doing your fucking job.”

For a moment there he seemed as though he had gotten upset. As though something was digging away at him, eating him up about the job. In a way there was. A lot of the members of this faction had been… in his opinion… not doing their jobs. Leeching off the complex to get ahead and using the faction’s legacy to press their advantages in different industries. While normally that wouldn’t be a problem, he believed it was a symbiotic parking. You could do that if you put in the work. He just hadn’t seen many people putting in the work.  “Nice try, little lady. But we already decided yesterday that if we want to do something nice, we can just do it. So I’m going to help you train your magic.”

He’d stick his tongue out towards her before eating more of the morsels that he had divided on his plate.  “We also need to see about getting you a vault. I think it would be the most pertinent. You can keep all of your crafting materials in there for when you finally earn enough to get your Apothecary. But we don’t need to worry about that today. First we fix your magic, then we celebrate.” He spoke in such a nonchalant manner that it was almost comical. He didn’t seem to see any problem what-so-ever with what he had proposed. Butting into her personal business without a care. His existence had been, and always would be, that of an indiscriminate scientific sex junkie, who just happened to be organized and determined.

Social norms were for those beneath him and plenty of people were.

{ @Daphne | 639 | 18,062}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Sat May 29, 2021 1:44 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

The witch would smile at his comment, saying nothing but not making an effort to mask her agreement. Truthfully she enjoyed spending time with him too; he was funny, intelligent and gorgeous. Prolonging the length of time she got to enjoy his company was surely a plus in her book, before whatever this was finally hit its expiration date.

As he spoke, Daphne would balance the art of listening whilst making her way through her breakfast. The pangs of hunger easing the further in she got, making her feel a little more normal. Her body still ached somewhat from the things she had undergone the day before, but it was a nice pain. A reminder of pleasant things. She would reach forward, pulling over the beverage he had made her, only now noticing how pretty it was. The crescent moon drawn on the foam of the cappuccino made her smile, she stood up.

“Go on, I’m still listening…” She reassured him as she left the table, heading across the room toward the sofa and grabbing her phone from the coffee table. Returning to him a moment later, she would turn on her camera and take a photo of the drink he’d made her, saving it to her images folder before placing the phone down once more. Bringing the drink to her lips, taking a small sip, she would hum softly in appreciation, now this was good coffee. She had wondered what he was doing with that bizarre contraption, and now she understood. She could taste the effort that went into the drink, “Mmm, thank you for this,” She commented, taking another sip before licking the foam from her lips.

As he went into further detail about the manner in which Velvet Reign functioned, Daphne would take note of his tone. It was clearly a subject that irked him, were there a lot of lazy people in Velvet Reign? Daphne would wonder if her own standard of work would meet his expectations. Daphne was more of the type to work hard, but not often if she could help it. Not something she would admit vocally though, people could find out that little detail about her on their own.

Following her attempt to dismiss the idea of working on her magic, he would quickly counter her with his insistence. The decision would set down a bedding of anxiety in the pit of the girl’s stomach, not that it would show. She simply smiled and nodded, maybe it would be alright. Maybe his mind wouldn’t be that bad, some were worse than others, perhaps the depths of his mind would be pleasant or mild.

At the mention of the Apothecary, she would glance toward her food, focusing on slicing her sausage into smaller segments. She hadn’t meant to mention that, during the extensive tour of the guild her curiosity had caused it to slip. Another private detail that he’d managed to retain despite her desire to keep personal thoughts and feelings to herself. She really had to reforge them walls. “Is a vault expensive? I have some enchanted chests back in Rivengate that can’t be accessed by anyone but me. If need be I can bring those over and keep some stuff in those.” She was still wrapping her head around the fact that he was covering the cost of her dorm, and whilst she was plenty grateful, she had no intention of letting him spoil her easily. She was materialistic, that was undeniable, but she didn’t take from people she liked. She didn’t want to get into the habit of taking advantage of Colty’s kindness. Because becoming financially reliant on someone you were fucking was very dangerous territory.

WC: 616 Total WC: 18,678 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Sat May 29, 2021 3:07 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

Her attitude and hissyfit from last night was never going to be something to make him upset. What irked him about Daphne, more than anything else, was her insistence to not accept anything from him without a struggle. He wanted to do nice things for her, he didn’t see the issue with doing so. But the feeling was showcased for but a split second in his tone as he started his sentence. Though he managed to regain his composure as he continued onward.

Relax, the Vault’s fees can be paid by a portion of your guild contract payouts, so you will have complete agency over it. It’s not a handout from me or anything. Just giving you a tour of the best options we have here.” He’d look up at her and stick his tongue out. “Consider me a… vault real estate agent. I’m just making sure you get the best deal that fits the kind of materials you’re working with. Having chests is fine and all, but I know your business will boom. So. Best to make sure you have a good pipeline. Besides, you might want to keep your magical ingredients in a place that focuses more on magic.”  He knew some guys that could make the shipping of the materials easy as well, so it’d really just be a matter of her own personal invested interest.

“Recently got a vault myself in fact. Also moved. Don’t stay in that apartment anymore. Didn’t suit my current lifestyle. I live just outside of the city now. Lots of privacy, a great view of the beach, right off the beaten path to the pier. It’s fantastic.”  He spoke in a cheery tone about his relocation, but in truth he had moved due to his sheer disgust of the people of this city. It was something that festered in the pits of his heart. But he didn’t want to show that. Didn’t need her to see it at least. He had made himself far more isolated than he had ever been in the past. But that was understandable given the circumstances. This was the life he would lead now. Why cling to false hopes.

“So, you are aware of how my magic works, are you not? Do you realize that if you… nevermind. Actually we can go over this later tonight. For now, I was curious about learning a bit more about you. Nothing too personal, of course. I just want to know what was it that made you think it was a better plan to be a member of the Adventurer's Guild, when you could have easily become a model. I know they get paid quite a pretty penny.”  He’d bring his cup back to his mouth, sipping down his brew now that it was more cooled off. This was beneficial for his palette. Since he wanted to enjoy her food as much as he could before starting the day.

“Hell, we’ve recently started getting advertising here. I’m sure you could have had an easier time modelling for ads or just helping out as a barker for local businesses in Rivengate. You’d probably make a similar amount of money… and it's not like you need a guild contract to hunt slimes on your off time. Lots of people work outside of the guild. Was it like… curiosity that brought you to the guild ultimately?”  He just wanted a crumb of backstory, anything really. If he was going to feel conflicted over this mysterious woman then he wanted to be able to justify it in his mind. Not that he was actively seeking this knowledge out. It was a byproduct of his unrealized desires.

{ @Daphne | 613 | 19,291}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Sat May 29, 2021 3:59 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

The man made a convincing argument, she had to give him that. Knowing that it wasn’t something that he would be gifting to her but rather a benefit of her employment eased her concerns.  “Oh, in that case, sure, sounds good.” She agreed nonchalantly, there had been something initially off in his answer, but it seemed to fade away as he went on. Was her need for independence bothering him? She wasn’t trying to be difficult, but she also wasn’t going to just agree to every act of generosity he had to offer. She liked their arrangement, but she didn’t want to feel like she was fucking him for the monetary benefits. She knew girl’s like that, she was ‘friends’ with girls like that. It would be different if she hadn’t given in to her desire for him to have her in that way, if this was just a friendship imbued with light flirting then she would have offered less resistance. But even with a compass of morality as questionable as hers, there were lines she didn’t cross. The more she accepted from him, the more she felt like she was breaking another rule.

She was almost done with the food on her plate, getting more full as she went on. Fortunately, Daphne was quite the conscious eater. She wasn’t one to overindulge which meant her portion hadn’t been very large. Which meant that none of the food she had prepared would get wasted. She had given Colter a little more of course, not wanting to give him less than he needed. Upon the subject of his home, her brows would raise, depicting her interest. Remembering the short time it had taken to walk from his home to the beach, she would nod in understanding. It had to be nice, to be able to take a short stroll to the beach, lie on a warm bed of sand and soak in the rays of the Avalon sun. She swallowed her mouthful, running a tongue over her teeth before speaking up.  “Mmm, being close to that beach must be amazing. Although you’d probably hate my place in Rivengate. I’m right in the centre of the island, where all the action is.”  She told him with a wink, before continuing her fond chatter about the modernized free lands.  “There’s this diner across from my apartment, they do the best pancake breakfast you’ve ever had. Trust me, I’d eat there every day if I could.”

As Colty asked her if she understood his Magic, Daphne would frown, intrigued by the manner in which he began to tell her something but changed his mind. Although the frown quickly faded at the ‘modelling remark’, a smile breaking out across her face as she chuckled. “I mean… I have modelled before. A little. Nothing big just like small clothing ads. It paid alright but the atmosphere is so toxic, I’d rather serve coffee than endure the grief to be honest.”  She told him earnestly. When she first got to Rivengate she had gone to a few auditions, landed a few gigs, but for someone as arrogant as her, hearing frequent criticisms about yourself never went down well. Remarks about her weight, her height and her hair colour had pushed Daphne to stop bothering with it.

Daphne would sit back slightly, meeting Colty’s gaze with contemplation. She knew he wanted to know more about her, but it always gave her the unnerving sensation of vulnerability. Like she was pulling out bricks from her walls and handing them to him, exposing the gaps in her foundation. Still, she didn’t need to be completely inflexible, she knew this. It was just difficult not to be. She sighed, eyes drawn to her coffee, the moon was broken now. How ironic.  “It was an act of rebellion. I left The Shambles two years ago because I wanted to do something for myself. Joining the Adventurer’s Guild was a message to those who didn’t think I would make it outside of the Witch’s communion. A metaphorical ‘fuck you’.” There, she had opened up a bit, she reached up, rubbing her neck. Wincing at the memory of the consequence she had faced for it. It was why she always had that jar of sand with her now. Keeping it topped up on a regular basis so that she never went without her earthly protection.  “Like I said, the faith of my kind can be a bit restrictive. I come from a line of witches who are exceptionally devout to its practice.”

WC: 758 Total WC: 20,049 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Sat May 29, 2021 4:23 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

Colter looked upon Daphne with fascination as she spoke, hanging onto each of her words as though she was reading a lexicon of great esteem. He couldn’t bother with eating when she was giving him the information that he had sought for so long. The calm that was provided to him was astronomical, overwhelming at this end. Especially as she brought up her line of witches. He still had no idea what the fuck an Eldritch actually was, none of them ever seemed to look the same, but he could see their souls. To that end, he could at least make an educated guess about them.. Though if he had heard the rumors and relied on that source, perhaps he’d not have one consistently on their- No, no need to think about that now. It was time to reflect.

He didn’t say anything immediately after she had finished, choosing instead to look upon Daphne and smile wide, a smile of pure joy and bliss due to her finally surrendering something of value about herself. It quite literally made his heart jump. She did trust him, this had all but confirmed it now. He would inhale  heavily through his nostrils, exhaling with great gusto before he’d finally give her a reply. “Alright, that sounds good to me. Consider me correct. Modelling is a no go. As for your apartment though, it might not fit my personal choices but at least you have access to so many things. Location matters a great deal in real estate.”  He didn’t want to spend too much time talking about the things that seemed hard for her to say. But he did comment on it.

“Okay, so you’re from a line of witches that take their beliefs seriously. So long as you let me know if I accidentally violate them in front of you, then we’re good. I don’t want to cause problems for you and your faith.”  He’d smile warmly at her.

He realized that there had been something back home that had been oppressing her. He never forgot a single thing she talked about, so it was more than enough information for him to come to the conclusion that she was likely some princess from the Shambles, whatever the fuck that was. She certainly acted spoiled and she did seem to think highly of herself, but she also had talents and creativity. All hallmarks of the princesses that he had read up on from his studies. So that meant… he fucked someone who was of noble blood. He wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. But what he did know for sure was that so many things were clicking. Of course a princess who ran away from her castle wouldn’t want wealth showered upon her.

Colter was so glad he was this observant and not the kind of person to overthink these things.

He’d finish his meal, finish the coffee with two magnificent gulps and then he’d smack his lips showcasing how much he had enjoyed his drink. “Alright, go get dressed. Let’s go to the library here in the building and figure out all the things you’re curious about.”  He’d begin to dress himself at the table, yawning and stretching in his chair all the while. He’d rise to his feet and look down at her with expecting eyes. “On second thought… let’s wash the dishes.”  He wasn’t the kind of man to skimp out on an opportunity to quell the fire that built within him. Besides, they hadn’t done anything all morning and that was… weird. So he knew what he’d have to do now.

{ @Daphne | 608 | 20,657}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Sat May 29, 2021 5:00 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

It was clear that she had pleased him, the dazzling smile throwing her off guard. Disarming her for a moment. He had such a handsome face, so seeing it lit up this way gave her the most disgustingly sweet sense of gratification. She didn’t like it. Feeling good about opening up to him, scalding herself for enjoying it so much - Fuck sake Daph, get a grip.

He really did continue to baffle her, no amount of mental arithmetic in her head could calculate how on earth someone could be so kind, attractive, clever and good in bed. Did he have flaws? Perhaps he wasn’t actually a fae, but some test-tube experiment to formulate the perfect being. Then again, her perception may have been a little biased, on account of the orgasm tally.

She smiled softly at his comment about not wanting to offend her, “Don’t worry too much, the one thing about Witches is that we don’t expect other races to adhere to our customs. In fact, many would rather the opposite. In that regard, I’d only ever take offence if you were to insult Witches directly, which I highly doubt you’d ever do.”  She couldn’t imagine Colter saying anything especially offensive about her kind, he was too respectful. From the moment he’d quipped about their children being Eldritch, she could tell the politics of their difference in race mattered little to him.

Polishing off the remainder of her breakfast and coffee, Daphne too would slide out of her seat. Nodding at his words, she would reach around the table, stacking their plates and cutlery. Carrying them toward the kitchen, making her way over to the sink. The radio still playing in the background, she would set about placing the plates on the counter. Turning on the hot tap, she would grab the soap and set about preparing to wash up. Idly aware of Colter’s presence in the room, it had been quite the uneventful morning and now that she was feeling a little better. She certainly wouldn’t have minded a taste in the perks of their dynamic, but of course, she wanted to see whether he genuinely intended on helping her wash the dishes.

END OF THREAD

WC: 366 Total WC: 21,023 Tag: @Colter

[Handed in at 1x Master Rank Freeform (20,000 words)  
& 1x Novice Rank Freeform (1000 words), 23 words excess.]

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2