Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Chapter 2. Beautiful Nightmares [Colty] WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» reminiscent: personified spirit panfandom
by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:40 am

» Lusamine
by Lusamine Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:09 pm

» A Dangerous Game {Closed/Tag: Kiigan}
by Kiigan Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:42 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Kiigan Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 am

» A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]
by Katsumi Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
No user

Donations

Chapter 2. Beautiful Nightmares [Colty]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chapter 2. Beautiful Nightmares [Colty] Empty Chapter 2. Beautiful Nightmares [Colty]

Post by Daphne Mon May 31, 2021 11:41 am

Daphne

Baby long as you're here, I'll be floating on air cause you're my... you can be a sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare, either way I, don't want to wake up from you...
Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Stepping through the doors of her new dorm room, Daphne kicked off her shoes, using her foot to nudge them neatly to the side as she stepped further inside. Leaving the process of shutting the door to Colty, she would hurry over to the sofa.  “Hoooooney, I’m home.”  She would call out to her new place jokingly, snickering to herself as she reached the centre of her living room.

It had been quite the productive little adventure today, they had managed to find a vault for her, one ideal for the storage of magical items and artefacts. Following which the pair had headed to the library and picked up plenty of reading material. There were also some other various activities, a further exploration of Avalons streets that would help Daphne grasp a rough idea on where to go to fulfil certain needs; groceries, exercise, beauty treatments etc. As well as grabbing a bite to eat before they returned home, meaning they wouldn’t get back to hers until the late afternoon.

Planting herself down on the sofa, she would reach into her satchel and begin to unload the books she had rented from the library. Titles such as Velvet Reign: The by-laws, An extensive history of Avalon Islands, and Avalon Eco now spread across her coffee table. She would lay them out flat, looking up and taking in a view of the room around her. She would need to get a bookshelf in here, one worthy of the collection of texts she kept back at Rivengate. Standing up once more, she would move around the sofa, moving through the archway that led toward the kitchen. “Do you want a drink?”  She called out to Colter as she pulled herself a glass from the cupboard and poured herself a glass of water.

Daphne noticed she had to remind herself to drink more water here, the heat dehydrated her faster than she was accustomed to. Normally when she visited Avalon it was brief and sporadic, but as her time here would undoubtedly increase she would have to figure out how best to manage her physical needs. Normally back home she would have gone for a jog around the block, but the past few days she hadn’t had a chance to do anything of the sort. At the very least she was working out in other ways.

WC: 393 Total WC: 393 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

VylderGold : 127848

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2. Beautiful Nightmares [Colty] Empty Re: Chapter 2. Beautiful Nightmares [Colty]

Post by Colter Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:51 am

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

"I believe that i've had more than enough to drink thus far." Colter stated casually after making himself comfortable upon Daphne's couch. A couch that held a great memory upon it from Colter's personal perspective. He had enjoyed the day out on the town with Daphne and for some reason it made him ponder a question that he hadn't ever paid any attention to prior. What was it like to be in a relationship? Rather what kind of relationship labeled itself in the way that these two had, but they spent the day frolicking about the island. Such thoughts brought a tinge of confusion to the man. What was all of this emotion and where was all of it headed?

He'd have to educate himself on relationships further at the first opportunity that he got. He'd need to keep his eyes peeled. Perhaps if he surrounded himself with people in a similar situation as himself, people who were single, then he’d find the answers that he so desperately sought. Whatever the case he was just happy to be here with such a dynamic woman. Who brought his soul to feel warmth instead of just the cold unfeeling, all encroaching, cold dark sea. He wondered what was on her mind, what she was going to do for their little experiments. He wasn’t going to rush her into it. She made it seem like this was such a big deal after-all.

So he did his best to respect her, by giving her the time and space to think about what it was she was wanting to do here and now.  “So then, Daphne. What was your favorite part about today? Anything you’re really curious about or interested in in regards to the Islands? You were beaming a lot today. That’s good.” He found her natural adorable nature to spill out of her whenever she wasn’t putting up some guard. It came out when she was genuinely happy, it appeared as she was genuinely upset. No matter the case, he just wanted to hold her at all times. Like she was some sort of precious soft pillow that he had in childhood. But with legs.

He wanted to kiss her, hold her, cuddle with her and just see the world at her side. But he couldn’t for the life of him figure out why. She was not his first, she wasn’t the only person he had ever done these things with. But it had always felt so impersonal. A means to an end to control his ravenous fairy libido and to sate his gluttonous fairy surprise. And what an impressive situation that happened to be. Regardless, he’d pat the space beside him on the sofa. His arm slung across the back of it, creating a small pocket for the woman to cuddle up with him if she so chooses. He figured given the current high spirits. Such a reality would have been alright.

{ @Daphne | 490 | 883}

Colter
Colter

VylderGold : 10312

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2. Beautiful Nightmares [Colty] Empty Re: Chapter 2. Beautiful Nightmares [Colty]

Post by Daphne Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:00 am

Daphne

Baby long as you're here, I'll be floating on air cause you're my... you can be a sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare, either way I, don't want to wake up from you...
Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Returning from the kitchen, she would take a hearty gulp of her water, shifting around the couch, to lower herself down next to him. Leaning forward and placing her glass on a coast before turning her attention to the handsome specimen currently seated next to her. She cocked her head, considering his questions, “Well, that’s because it was a lot of fun. If I had to pick the thing I enjoyed most it would definitely be visiting the library. As for what I’m curious about… I guess all of it, the more I’m here the more I’ll explore the Island though, figure out my favourite spots and whatnot.” She offered with a shrug. She had beamed a lot today, it was hard not to when the island was just so interesting. Not to mention that, she was kind of getting used to Colty’s company.

Granted they had only known each other for three weeks, during that time the actual amount of time they have spent in one another’s presence was approximately four days in total. It wasn’t a whole lot of time to get to know another person, and yet she found that his company was arguably preferable to some of the friends she had known in Rivengate for years. Whilst they weren’t alway so, there were times that they were incredibly boring to be around, their vapid expressions and shallow remarks left a lot to be desired in the nature of company. Colter was a lot more entertaining, even beyond the confines of intertwined limbs behind closed doors.

She thought about their plans for the day, recollecting the next part of their ‘plan’. Not that she had been able to forget it, like a dark cloud it had hovered in her thoughts all day. The beast known as anxiety breathing in her ear at every moment of distraction, a cruel reminder of what lay ahead. Refusing to let her forget.

“Thanks for coming with me today, I feel… settled. Much more than I expected to be.” Her gratitude was genuine, she wanted to scoot toward him but she didn’t. Instead of staying on her side of the sofa, looking down at the seat cushion and running her finger along the fabric. “Colter.” She would use his full name, a means to communicate her needs with him as per their discussion last night. “You’re a really amazing guy, like… I haven’t had so much fun with anyone like this in a long time. But,” She paused, forcing her gaze to meet his, her expression completely serious for once. “The last time I used my magic on a friend ended very badly…” It was like acid in her throat, every fibre in her being would fight her. Such honesty. It set her ablaze with discomfort. “I’d rather we didn’t, only because... I don’t want to hurt you.”

WC: 476 Total WC: 1,359 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:43 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

Colter had begun to get comfortable in his seat by the time that Daphne swooped on in. “Do I smell bad? I thought that shower earlier handled it well. My bad.”  He raised an eyebrow as she kept her distance. It wasn’t as bad as it could have been, but damn he had thought he smelt pretty damn fly. Oh well, it couldn’t be helped. He’d cross his arms and pout a bit but he listened to her regardless. “Okay well… you’re an amazing woman so if we’re done stating obvious facts, we can go ahead and get to using the magic. We are allowed to do something nice for the other person, right? So then let me do this for you.”

“I mean, I used my magic on you and that definitely could have hurt you. So... it’s only fair.”  It was perhaps the childish  thing that Colter had ever had escaped his lips. But how could he think straight when he was smelling like an actual sewer. Still he’d sigh aloud before looking over towards Daph. The tone of his voice was a hell of a lot more serious now. “Seriously, though. You wouldn’t hurt me on purpose, and that is what matters to me the most. If something happens, I know a guy who is so good at healing it is said to be able to mend souls. So… don’t worry too much. Show me your magic. Show me your trust.”

He didn’t know what else to say at this moment. She was uncomfortable and he was self conscious. “If you really do not wish to do it, I will not force you. How you feel is most important to me. So, I want to respect your wishes. But, I figure that we are good enough friends to where you’d trust me.”  He looked at her and it was sassy. He wanted her to do as he wanted but at the same time he wanted her to be comfortable. It was fucking annoying. She was being fucking annoying. Because he smelled bad. But that was fine, cause he could just shower.

{ @Daphne | 354 | 1,713}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:00 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

What? Smells bad? Where did he get that from? She scowled in bafflement. “What? What made you- huh?” She rambled in confusion, watching him with a suspicious stare. Just how the fuck did he jump to that conclusion? She would wonder, not realising that the manner in which she had seated herself was the cause of such a misunderstanding.

Still her confusion would quickly fade as they got into the subject of her magic, although there was a particularly ‘odd’ notion in which Colter was responding to her. Almost petty in nature. She looked down at herself, and then back up at him. Huh?
The content of his words would take a more serious note, offering reassurance and the promise that he would be able to heal. She exhaled, it was more complicated than that. The kind of damage her magic didn’t wasn’t one that could be healed with a simple magic spell, the trauma she could inflict on a person was lasting. Psychological. Difficult to undo.

Even if he was offering an out, it didn’t really feel like she could take it. He always worded things so eloquently, it was hard to fight him on any point. More often than not, he made a lot of sense. Everything down to the layering of his arguments, right down to the silky nodes of his accent. The melodious sound of his deep voice alone was enough to rattle her, making it hard to resist him, even on a matter such as this.

Scooting herself along the sofa, she would reach out, grabbing his hands and taking them into hers. “Okay,” She began softly, squeezing his palms, “Before we do this, please know that you smell fine. Delicious actually. Like where you got that from I don’t know.”

Now that she had cleared that up, she would shift onto her knees, reaching up and pecking him on the lips. A tender kiss. Apologetic. “Lie on my lap,” She whispered to him, guiding him down to rest his head onto her lap. She would steady her breath, focusing on tapping into her magic. She would run her fingers through his hair, stroking his white locks with a delicate caress. Daphne would begin to hum a melody, quietly at first, but growing louder after a moment. It was a sweet tune, reminiscent of a lullaby mothers sing to lull their little ones into a gentle slumber.

After several moments, he would feel a drowsiness wash over him, pulling him tentatively into the depths of sleep. Black sand would begin to pour out underneath the pair, coating the sofa in dark particles. Sensing the presence of the dreams awakening within the fae, Daphne would close her eyes. Her magical essence coating his skin, the energy lathering the particles pressing inward, opening a gateway for her into his mind. There was a moment’s hesitation, one last moment of uncertainty before she took the leap.

And when her amber eyes opened a moment later, she would no longer be seated on the sofa but instead would be standing. Nor would she look the same as she had moments ago, instead she would be sporting a long black dress, one that flowed all the way to her feet. A set of lacy black lingerie hidden underneath the layers of dark fabric. Her hair tied into her high pigtails, twisted into horn-like bobs, from which her lengthy pink locks would dangle along her back. A familiar bejewelled collar around her throat. She looked around, taking in the scene around her.

In Colter’s Dreamscape.

WC: 594 Total WC: 2,307 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:01 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

Within the Dreamscape of Colter Gage, things would appear to be as ethereal as his magic. Rampant waves would course overhead, and beams of sunlight in the distant above would seem to illuminate the murky, briny depths that now surrounded Daphne. It was as though she was submerged at the bottom of the sea, though her immediate surroundings showcased a large and well constructed series of buildings, walkways, aqueducts and other sophisticated displays of architecture. Ranging from sculptures to gardens and everything in between. The sounds of a bustling marketplace could be heard, and chatter most recognizable seemed to slip around every corner of this sunken, derelict city. But there was something very wrong here.

The streets were abandoned. Not a solitary soul seen for miles upon miles in any direction. Stalls laid abandoned and toppled over, children’s toys stern about, roses trampled, and upon closer inspection it appeared as though nothing had been touched by the sea itself. As if all of this damage was caused by idle hands without rhyme or reason. In the distance, the largest construct for miles could be seen… an arena of impressive scale and size. It seemed a monolith of impressive shape and size the likes of which almost gave it a phallic appearance. But this was not the case. Upon close inspection.

To her back, in the opposite direction lay something less…appealing.

A large pit of darkness lay at her feet if she went in the opposite direction of the colosseum.. Denoting that something large must have dwelt within its furthest reaches. It would appear that not even the sun’s rays overhead would be capable of reaching into the unfathomable depths of the pit. And given it’s curvature, it would be revealed that it was not a pit at all, but the entire cliffside of whatever this city happened to be a part of in the past. It appeared as though it was a port of some kind, but it was lost to the seas. Sunken below water that was brimming with magical intensity.  

If she'd take her chances to head towards the cliff, a fog would roll in and resubmit the woman to her starting position. All roads lead towards the colosseum. It was where the strongest concentration of Colter’s subconscious dwelt. Within the arena, a myriad of souls lost to both time and consciousness seemed to fill the seats from row to row. And in the center of the arena there didn’t seem to be much going on for now. Though someone that looked an awful lot like Colter had been seated in a skybox overlooking the arena itself. Though something about him would feel off. And it would also seem as though he was watching Daphne, very intently.

{ @Daphne | 459 | 2,766}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:07 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

The one thing that Daphne could prepare herself for when entering a new Dreamscape, was that she would be stepping into an entirely new world. No two were the same, moulded and influenced by the mind she was invading. There was no real way to anticipate what she would see, because the subconscious thought was a creative and curious creature, and the worlds it painted for her were beyond mortal comprehension.

She stood quietly for a moment, waiting for something, anything. Her amber gaze roamed the scene around her, like stepping into an abandoned underwater city. It reminded her almost of that Otherworldian fairy tale -  about an island that was pulled into the sea.

Nothing happened. The dreamscape made no effort to interact with her, nor was there any movement in the area than she could see. Taking this as an indication that it was safe for her to move, she would begin to wander forth, examining the domain around her. It was haunting really, the stillness. It set her on edge, she had never ventured into a mind this ‘empty of life’, she could hear echoes of activity but she could not see it. In addition to this, there was the scene itself, it wasn’t just a city underwater, there were other important details.The chaotic remnants of something terrible depicted by the destruction of its streets, ruined flowers, broken objects, destroyed stalls.

She would crouch down, lowering her eyes to the trampled roses at her feet. She reached out as though to touch it, stopping herself short of it’s petal. Reminding herself that she needed to take care when interacting with this world, she needed to get a better assessment of it before attempting to manipulate it. She was weak here - vulnerable. With a sad gaze, she would straighten up, sighing softly. She closed her eyes for a moment, composing herself. Years of practice had helped her learn to stomach the things she would discover in the minds of others, she had seen such terrible things and grown accustomed to it. But it was easier when she held a sense of distance to that person. This was one of the many reasons for her guard, because seeing the heart of someone she cared for - it affected her.

It was affecting her now.

She would wrap her arms around herself, taking a step forward toward the Colosseum in the distance. Only to stop a moment later, she pushed, feeling the sense that she should move forward. And yet, turning regardless to look behind her.

Don’t. Don’t go there.

She couldn’t tell what it was but she knew it was dangerous. A dreamscape could only bring you to the forefront of one’s mind, but to really gain control over one’s being you had to explore. The darkest depths of one’s mind, she sensed it every time. Like a shudder, telling her not to open the door, not to see what lay beyond. A sinister secret. Private, not for her eyes. But there was nothing that sang a greater ballad than peering into their secrets. A part of her wanted hungrily to know the man she had entrusted herself to so quickly. Whilst the other half screamed at her not to be a fool.

Yet, bested by her own greedy curiosity. She would turn, moving toward the desolate port, met with a wave of fog and found herself returned to the place she had begun. She stared after it for a moment, before nodding to no one in particular. So she couldn’t go there, she could only assume that either she did have the strength to pursue this part of him or subconsciously he was preventing her from doing so. Perhaps to protect himself, perhaps to protect her.

And so, she would turn and make her way toward the Colosseum once more. As she reached the arena, she would wander toward its centre. Having not yet noticed Colter’s form above her, she would pause, pondering what to do in this moment. Normally in a dreamscape she could influence it, bend it to her will. But here it was taking most of her strength just to move through it. It was draining her strength quickly. But she was here now, she had gotten this far. Reviewing what she had seen so far, an idea would form in her mind.

Finally she would kneel, having decided the manner in which she would allow her magic to influence Colter’s dreamscape. A small gesture. A sweet dream in this dark and beautiful nightmare. Taking a deep breath, she would concentrate, black sand pooling under her fingertips, moulding and re-shaping itself. Pain surged through her fingers, like her muscles were being exerted beyond their normal capacity. The pace of her breathing grew faster, and fatigue washed over the girl.

It had never been this hard before. To do something so small, so elementary in the field of her magical capabilities. But the fight she faced against Avalon’s energy was relentless, like it was actively blocking the ducts of her soul which allowed her magic to pour from. Through gritted teeth she would murmur, “Heknys, lend me your strength…” A soft plea to the avatar of void, willing her to provide aid in this moment.

An even greater pain would surge through Daphne, causing her eyes to water, she trembled under the exertion. But with penance, came reward. The magic flowed easier now, if only fractionally. And after several moments she would throw her head back, gasping for air, her hands falling to her side. In the centre of the arena floor, her creation lay -  a single pink rose. It glistened with colour, a vibrant contrast to its surroundings, in partial bloom but not fully open.

WC: 962 Total WC: 3,728 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:08 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

Curious eyes peered across the dreamscape, sensing the rose offering from the distance. This… gesture was familiar and yet.. Abominable. Invasive. At least it had been in the eyes of the other Colter. For there was something far less friendly about the eyes that looked upon her now. And the man, dressed in long cerulean robes that flooded off his body as if it were wispy curtains, seemingly leapt down into the center of the arena. Floating as though he was moving through water itself. The man would land on both of his feet, looking with disinterest towards his guest. “Intruder, you were the Queen’s face. Explain yourself.”  

He’d look down at the rose, “Unless. You’re the one from before. From the outside. And you’re the reason this place has returned. A memory within a memory. Wrapped in a dream.” He’d look down at the rose before he’d look back over towards Daphne. Seemingly weary of her presence here. There was.. Something about this version of Colter that was starkly different. Aware of her. It was an intense feeling that seemed to pour out of this man. Seemingly causing a great deal of pressure within the water around them. He was defensive, on alert but it subsided the moment that he met her eyes. She seemed… different now. Complete.

“All that time you spend together, and I bet you didn’t know he never sleeps? It looks like sleep, but it’s more of a… exchange. First time I ever saw him feel at peace enough to sleep was when you were… doing your thing to him. He didn’t even bat an eyelash.”   He was being rather polite, in fact. Not aware of what was going on here, but completely amused that he had someone else to talk too. His current company has often been so difficult to deal with. But that was all fine and dandy, there were many things about this individual that were starting to appear very different from Colter. His eyes were different for one. Being crimson opposed to cerulean.

“No one should willingly want to be trapped in this man’s head though. It’s terrifying to be here. I don’t even want to be here either.”   The man with Colter’s face leaned down, touching the rose. He’d close his eyes and smile as he recoiled. Standing up and looking her over. “Tell me, what are your intentions with my other half? Apologies, let me introduce myself. My name is Remy, Remington Gage. Just here until ole Coltboy wants a.. corpse to manipulate.”  He shrugged. There wasn’t anything alarming about him, but there was still something off about him. Something wrong and unnatural. As though he was an abomination.

“Don’t be alarmed, we are different. I didn’t spy on you, it merely came up the last time you both.. Merged. See, I am just a passenger here. I’m not… what you should be worried about. My soul is trapped in that ring he wears. It uh… well don’t tell anyone I said this but uh. It kind of keeps his bad traits all wrapped up in a neat little package. Me. So I get to poke around here. Hang out. All that fun stuff. Enough about me though. Are you here for Colter? I can take you to him.”   The clothed figure waved his hands, and the crowd of spectators seemingly dispersed into fragments, fluttering off as though they were fragmentations.

“You can trust me. Scary magic you have here. I’d be fucked if you tried to fight me. We just have to go the palace.”   He began to swim upwards, motioning for her to do the same. The trust between the creature and Daphne had been enough for him to allow her more sway over this realm. So that she didn’t struggle as much and wasn’t recognized as an intruder. Her magic being infused into the dream makes that access even greater. It’d be more akin to flying than swimming in that regard. But there was a palace in the distance and it wasn’t too far away. So the creature led her there. Whistling all the while. Sound traveling well beneath the waves.

Arriving at the gates, the creature would push them open and head inside of the underwater building. Up the stairs and into the throne room. Where sitting upon the throne, was a familiar face all her own. For it was Daphne.

{ @Daphne | 736 | 4,464}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:15 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

For a moment she would remain, kneeling on the arena floor, the physical strain of what she had just achieved taking its toll on her. She would need to leave soon, if she succumbed to a completely weakened state then leaving would be all the much more difficult for. She would forever be trapped in his subconscious, a slave to his mind until death. As much of an inspiration she had been, Daphne had no intention of walking in the footsteps of the late Rose Everwood, her grandmother.

The sound of his voice would call out to her, drawing her sights upwards. She stared up at him, Colter, in those elegant blue robes airily. It didn’t surprise her that he would appear before her, most of those who owned the dreams she entered would. But there was something strange about this apparition. Different. Jarring.

He mentioned a Queen, something she would assume was part of some kind of perception formed from Colty’s dream. That was the thing about dreams, it was hard to distinguish memory from fantasy. Although the statement would be followed by a recognition as someone he’d met before. It was hard to follow, but Daphne would stay silent. Watching carefully as he approached her. Normally, she knew Colter would never hurt her physically, but people were different in dreams. They reacted differently, and did things out of character even for themselves.

As he went on, she would wonder who he was talking about, she had a theory but that didn’t make sense to her. If he was describing Colter to her, then why do so in third person? It didn’t add up, she needed more context. Or perhaps… this wasn’t Colter. He looked like him, sounded like him, but his words, mannerism, the sheer energy that radiated from him. It was strange to her. Crimson eyes observing her with a gaze so different from the white-haired fae she had come to know. She noticed the way he recoiled from her gift, eyes narrowing distrustfully, and taking a step back.

Remington Gage.

He spoke as though he was a separate entity to Colter, the memory of a relative perhaps, or a fictional manifestation given name. Daphne would listen as he continued to explain, describing himself as a passenger in Colty’s mind, trapped by his ring. Her cold glare would grow more suspicious as we described himself as her Master’s bad traits in a neat little package.

“You can trust me.” he would say, yeah, fucking doubt, she thought but choosing not to voice this out loud.

She watched as the crowd vanished, looking back to him as he began to move upwards. Indicating for her to join him, again she hesitated. Leave, Daphne, get the fuck out already. Her own conscience screamed in protest, thudding on the walls of her heart, pulling her back. But Daphne was curious and soon she found herself following him. Moving upward through the water, after the one named Remy. Together they would soar through Colter’s dreamscape, moving closer and closer to what appeared to be a castle. Arriving at the gates, and making their way inside. Daphne’s eyes roamed the building, trying to work out a way out of the dream if things went wrong here.

And as she ascended the stairs into the throne room of this underwater palace, Daphne would freeze mid-step. As her gaze would meet with a face identical to her own. Sitting on a throne with all the superiority of an empress, a cool gaze watching the intruder with discontent, nose tilted upward. She would roam her eyes over Daphne, sneering in disgust at the mere sight of the girl.

She was dressed in the most provocative lingerie. Leather straps binding the voluptuous curves of her bosom, a small diamond shaped cut of fabric covering the single areas of decency required not to consider her entirely exposed. However with little effectiveness due to the sheer translucence of the black fabric. Under her breasts, covering her waist was a corset that would squeeze her tightly, embroidered with black stitch patterns, and tied together with small rope cords. On her bottom half, she wore a g-string made of the same sheer material as her ‘bra’, and black boots that lace all the way up to her mid-thighs. Her entire stature would exude the essence of sex and hatred, the coolness of her gaze conflicting with the sheer chaos that existed within them. Her familiar pink hair tied above her head in a high ponytail, the length of which draped along the sides of her slender body, all the way down to her hips.

“Pathetic.”  She snarled, getting to her feet. Daphne stood her ground, watching the woman carefully. Running into oneself in someone else’s dream was not unheard of, and yet again this woman felt different. Like Remy, she didn’t give off the essence of a dream, but something more complex. More Sinister. The mere manner in which she stalked around the room, like a serpent would a mouse. The closer she got, the greater Daphne would feel a sense of fear wash over her. Like looking in a mirror, and seeing the worst parts of yourself. Somehow both beautiful and hideous at the same time, her hands trembled as she raised them.  “I just want to see Colter.”  She said warily, palms facing the woman defensively, as the dream dwelling version of herself made her way over to her. She would notice the manner in which her remark had only increased the heat in the woman’s gaze,  “Is that it, is that all you want?”  She hissed, reaching forward, she would snatch Daphne’s right pigtail, twisting the strands around her fingers to grasp it more firmly and yanking her roughly toward her. “What gives you the right, you’re nothing more than a disgusting insect, a filthy parasite who wormed its way in here.”  Her words were laced with venom and spite, something she found unfamiliar. Yet anger would not rise within Daphne, only more fear. As though deep down she knew of the horror this woman was capable of - her horrors. And so Daphne had no will to fight her, giving in as the queen dragged her onto the ground, forcing her to kneel before her.

"Well, Worm, what makes you think you can come here and play with MY things?”  She pulled harder, causing Daphne to grunt with pain. All the while the queen would stare down at the dream witch with a hateful glare, eyes burning with an intensely possessive jealousy.

WC: 1096 Total WC: 5,560 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:17 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

“We shouldn’t allow this opportunity to pass us by.”

Remington decided to play the role of mediator, bowing his head towards his Queen momentarily as he looked upon poor Daphne. “My righteous and beautiful Queen, this woman is an invalid, a false memory who has somehow wormed her way here. But I think it might be good if you were to show her our beloved King. So that she has closure once and for all on the subject. Then, we can punish her accordingly.” Remington had to play the role of the wicked vizier of course and though he hld no loyalties to either Colter or Daphne in general, he didn’t want to have that thing break out of its cage. Especially considering what happened the last time they couldn’t put it away. So he cleared his mind and spoke with a respectful tone. “Perhaps we can have her reject the good King, and be honest with her emotions. Then our King will be more inclined to serve your needs exclusively, my Queen.”

It was a plan to get out of this situation. Remington was well aware there would be no other chance to escape this infernal prison other than to make sure that Colter was… emotionally spent. Besides, it would do everyone some good if they could move on. Which was the biggest thing that needed to be addressed here. Why force pieces together if they aren’t shaped in a complementary manner. It was just good logic. And so the sneaky spirit from within the ring decided that he’d do as he needed in order to get this over with. “Truly, she ought to have some respect for the man. For your man, my Queen. I believe that the King is currently locked away, so if you’d like we can head over there. Finally break him.”

The throne room seemed to be pristine and the dozens of slaves that were moving about the area, cleaning and otherwise servicing the Queen via fanning her, were all similar looking to Colty. But each of their faces were disfigured in one way or another. As if to indicate that they weren’t allowed to be their true self. As if they were wearing masks. Remington fell to a single knee, bowing his head as he gazed over towards Daphne herself. “Leave now, and the Queen will be able to do as she wishes. So I suggest you come up with a plan to get out of this.” His lips never moved, but like an aquatic creature he was able to send her echoes that contained his intention. It was clear now, she had gone deep.

{ @Daphne | 442 | 6,002}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:19 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

The Queen continued to glare down at Daphne, the vile intent clear behind those raging orbs. She embodied every vile urge, feeling or thought Daphne had ever played host to, which was why Daphne knew just how much she wanted to hurt her. In her worst moments, she wasn’t so different. How could she be - this was who she was.

It would seem however that the Queen had heard Remington’s suggestion, head tilting ever so slightly to the side closest to him. As though to heed his words and ponder them, she would remain quiet, her hold on Daphne’s locks twisting further, pulling at her scalp with zero remorse, even as some strands of hairs began to tear under the force of his grip. After a moment of pondering, finally the quiet would be broken,  “You think she can break him?” She enquired, pulling Daphne’s face toward her, she would spit suddenly, causing the girl to flinch as the woman's saliva coated her face. Following which the queen would release her, turning away gracefully and gliding back to her throne.

She would perch herself down onto the chair, the Colter-like slaves moving toward her to cater to her needs. Reaching out for the closest slave, she would guide him to her body. Eyes still locked hatefully on the girl as she forced the disfigured clone to perform for her. Daphne’s gaze lowered, unable to bear the sight. She would hear Remington’s words in her head, advising her on how to proceed. What did that mean? What was it she was supposed to do? Thoughts raced through her head, trying to figure out how to escape Colty's mind, she had come here because her curiosity had lured her. But full of regret, she wanted nothing more than to leave. But as she tried and tried to force her body out of this, she couldn’t. She had no control - she was trapped.

The only way out would be through Colty.

They wanted to break him. This she had understood, although the parameters for her doing so were unclear, rejection had been the only suggestion. Was she supposed to turn Colter away? To reject his advances, was this a means to injure his ego. No, that wasn’t it. It went deeper than that. Much deeper. The only way she would truly understand their intention was to play along and see where this path took her. “I’ll do it.” She began, keeping her head bowed as though to maintain a respectful stance toward the Queen as she spoke. “Whatever it is you desire… I will do so.”

She finally looked up, meeting the Queen’s cold gaze, her own hatred festering as the woman stared down with her, a smirk stretched across as lips as her needs were seen to by the slave. A lie leaving Daphne’s lips, but one with the conviction of a woman desperate; “I’ll break him for you.”

WC: 489 Total WC: 6,491 Tag: @Colter

Last edited by Daphne on Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:35 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

Remington would applaud Daphne’s sacrifice, thinking to himself just how weak she had to have been in order to give into her own demands so easily. But he didn’t care much about that. The taste of freedom was on his lips. He knew that he would have to see to it at once. “My majesty, I shall personally take her to his chamber. Please enjoy yourself. I will return shortly.”   Remington rose to his feet and allowed for his hands to slip behind his back. His eyes began to glow a malicious red hue, and in an instant he’d shape the world around them. Or so it would appear. It was nothing more than a simple teleportation spell. The kind that moved you through ethereal plans.

Regardless, he found himself standing in a large open field underneath the water. With a large imposing black gate to his back. He’d look down at the poor girl, smiling all the while. “I am so glad that you have decided to do as needed. Now, merely tell our beloved Colter your true feelings. Just right through this gate. Don’t pass it now. Just speak. Tell him how you feel. I shall summon him for you.”   He’d turn to face the gate, pulling out an elegant trident that seemed both ornate and completely made of some unknown glimmering material. He’d strike against the cage softly and a familiar presence would approach. Though.. Perhaps not what she had hoped to see.

Behind the cage there was no monster, no beast. But instead Colter himself, floating in the water. Looking both withered and emaciated. The near mummified sight of Colter was enough to cause Rimington to recoil in disgust at his master. Seemingly more disturbed by this than a creature that was duplicitous might have expected. “It is simple, all we need you to do is reinforce the parameters of your relationship to him. Do that and you can escape this nightmarish hell. Just… help him understand. The resistance is… ridiculous. Assuredly not enough time has passed for him to care so much about you. We need him to… give into his more base desires. That way… pleasure and pleasure alone will be left.”  

He’d look down at her with a smile on his face. Showing her a hint of the compassion that he was presenting.The colter that floated in the distance seemed to open iit’s eyes and out of all the Colters that were within this mindspace, his was the only one whose eyes were correct. Colter would look over towards Remington and then down at Daphne, scoffing and wheezing in equal measure. “Finally decided to let me treat you like more than a fucktoy, eh Queen? I knew you’d come around. I’m a patient guy. I can wait for ages, made of sturdy stuff.”   He’d laugh, but the wheezing caused this Colter to cringe in pain. Looking over towards Remington.

“Look, like I said. I’m so buried deep in here, you can just forget about me. I won’t break out. I promise. So both of you can just get the fuck outta here.”   He was far more crass now than he had been on the outside. Not as restrained, not as gilded. Yet, Remington looked over towards Colter with narrowed eyes. His voice now different than it had been up till now. “Excuse me, Daphne. This is a private conversation.”   He’d snap his fingers, attempting to bend the dream to his will. Though he lacked as much control over it as Daphne now that she was in the presence of Colter.

“It doesn’t matter anymore. You knew the rules when you put the ring on. No attachments to earthly possessions. Meaning and including people. You can horde relics, but you can not be attached. You can have lovers, but you can not be attached. You broke the rules. Now you have to go… to sleep. For a bit. Sleep is nice. Ask Daphne.”  

“Oh it’s so impolite to be this deep into someone’s mind. Daphne. Don’t tell me you’re looking for another excuse to distance yourself from me. So obnoxious. No matter what I do… eh. It’s fine. Look, we can be friends. I told-”  

“Do not waste your breath, master. This is no mere illusion. This is the real deal. You let her in, remember?”  

“Huh? Wait, why would she come here...”  

“So that she could see you. So that she could pity you. Now she will stomp you out. Like she told our beloved Queen.”  

“Wait so you… tricked me? Damn that’s good.”  

“I did learn from the best.”  

“So then what happens next?”  

“Freedom. She is free from you, I am free from you. You are free… to… do whatever.”  

“So be it. I… will not hurt her. I lo♡e that bitch queen and her dumb ass idiotic stupid fucking-”  

“STOP IT.”  

“What? You didn’t want me to lock you up here again? Was worth a shot.”  

“My thoughts are my own. Cease your nonsensical games.”  

“Whatever, alright. Let me see.”  

The waves crashed and swirled and moved back and Remington looked over to Daphne with a smug expression on his face. “Alright, he is ready.”  

“Yeah, lets get this over with.”  

{ @Daphne | 877 | 7,368}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:41 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

The moment they left the Queen’s presence, Daphne felt as though she had stepped outside of a stuffy room. Gulping down air hungrily, almost overwhelmed by the sensation of relief she felt. Like being chased by a terrifying beast only to finally escape out of its sights. She would turn as Remington praised her for complying to their wishes, following his gaze to the gate situated behind them. She would stare into the distance, eyes exploring the horizon of the dreamscape. Remington would talk her through what to do, during which she had no reaction. Keeping her face blank and unreadable as she processed what it was he was telling her to do.

It began to make sense in her head. Daphne and Colter had established a relationship of benefits, but there was more to it. A layering of closeness, of trust and friendship. Something that went beyond the dynamic of a sexual agreement between two people. Remy wanted to cement the rules behind their relationship, to reaffirm the rigidness of how she felt. To convince him not to expect more from her than what they already had. In theory, it didn’t sound so bad. But there was something strange about this circumstance, the eeriness of the dream she was trapped in. It went beyond the need to provide reassurance to subconscious thought.

She would inhale sharply at the sight of him, of the real Colter. The sight of his withered form, the hollowed frame he took in this realm rocking her to her core. She would cover her mouth, her pitiful sadness glistening in her honey-hued eyes. He would open his eyes to look at her, those familiar cerulean blues piercing her, shaking her further. His words to her were bitter, laced with a tone that Daphne had never heard Colter use. All the while she remained speechless, unable to comment even as Remington put up a wall between them, blocking her out of the conversation.

Panic whirled through Daphne’s body, trying desperately to figure out the circumstance she was in - that Colty was in. This felt like more than your standard dream, not only was she in his head, deep in his subconscious. She had invaded his mind so far that she was seeing truths that she wasn’t prepared for. Remy wanted her to break him, when he already looked so broken. She knew this was a mistake, she shouldn’t have done this. She couldn’t unsee this. Now that she knew what lurked deep with his mind, she didn’t know how to feel. Like a hammer, smashing against a wall, bricks would tumble down. This knowledge taking a form not dissimilar to his ethereal tentacles, it would seep through the gaps - clutching her. Taking hold.

The wall would come down, reuniting her with his image. Upon their confirmation, she would move closer to the gate, bringing her hands up to the bars. “Colty…”  She would call to him softly, her voice laced with melancholy. “Colty… What happened to you?”

WC: 503 Total WC: 7,871 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:45 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

“Not much, decided to try out a new diet. Things didn’t work out too well.”   Colter chuckled under his breath before coughing a bit and looking over towards Daphne.He’d give her a thumbs up before his thumb seemed to recoil back into his closed fist. He’d drift over towards her as though he was smelling a delicious pie on a windowsill. Smiling at her and flashing his somehow perfect white teeth at her. Seemed as though no matter the circumstances, he loved to have his pearly whites. He’d look her over. “Really nice to see you here though, my rose. I didn’t think you’d come here. You were only supposed to stay in the city. Always so curious.”  

He’d crossed his arms as he looked upon her. Remington waited to see what would unfold. Liking that it seemed like she was building up to the ultimate rejection. There was something that he wanted but there was something that Colter wanted a great deal more. But it was going to be up to Daphne to figure out what that was. He’d take the time to til his head to the side, wondering what exactly was going to happen now. This was a situation that he had never been in before.  “Are you thinking of getting protein blasted? Stop wasting time and get on with it.”  

{ @Daphne | 224 | 8,095}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:46 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Despite his attempt at humour, Daphne couldn’t help but look him over sadly. It was him. Definitely him but so withered and fragile. She hated the gate between them, she wanted to move closer, to find a way to reach him. Her eyes softened at his nickname for her, noticing that he hadn’t answered her question.

As Remington spoke, her eyes darted over to him, shooting him a venomous glare. She may not entirely understand this situation, but somehow her mind was filling in the gaps. A sense of blame was formulating, taking the shape of Remington in her mind. She returned her gaze to Colty, her gaze relaxing. “Why are you trapped here? Won’t you tell me please?”  She would pry further, wanting to know. She needed to understand, because without knowing more she couldn’t help him. She didn’t want to give away her card too soon, she really wanted to talk to him in private. But Remington was standing right there, watching and listening. It was clear that his patience was running thin, and she didn’t know how long she had before he realised that she had no intention of complying with his wishes.

“Please…”  She pleaded, pushing herself against the bars, her words sincere. Again, using his words against him in hopes that they would cement some meaning. To get him to open up and give her what she needed to act. “Show me your trust.”

WC: 239 Total WC: 8,334 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:53 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

Colter was a bit confused, though it wasn’t for the normal reasons that he would be. It was strange that she was asking him questions at all. Especially given the fact that she seemed like she came this deep. Did she feel as though she wasn’t about to learn something upsetting. Because this was the easiest way for her to figure out things that… she didn’t want nor need to know. But if she wanted to be this deep, if she wanted to explore this far, then he had to be the kind of guy to oblige her. Of course, this would come with a set of consequences that he wasn’t exactly ready to deal with. Which would prove to be things he had to deal with whenever the moment came to pass.

“Why am I trapped? Heh.” He didn’t know where to begin with this. But sure, he had to make sure that he worded this correctly. Last thing he needed was for Remington to steal his body in a moment of weakness. “I’m here for your sake. Because if I were to treat you in the manner of how I actually feel, I’d scare you away. I don’t want to be abandoned. So they locked me up here to get me to… not say certain things. Real simple, everything that I bury deep goes beyond this gate. But it’s not during the holidays. We have some really good massagers and the food is to die for.” He’d then hear her words about showing his trust and he shrugged, reaching out and touching her arm, to give her his power.

{ @Daphne | 271 | 8,605}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:54 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

He was trapped because of her? She leaned back somewhat, allowing his answer to percolate. He was trying to glaze over this with humour, but she was insistent. She gritted her teeth in frustration, “So… you’re suffering because of me. Because you can’t be honest with me?”

She understood, nodding she would pull back some more. Her demeanour changed, she would take a breath, things were finally pulling into perspective. She understood fully what Remington wanted, not the why but that didn’t matter anyway. It wasn’t important to her. She would smile, forcing all of the fear that had welled up inside her down. She spun on the spot, leaning back against the bars and shifting her attention to Remington.

“So… just to clarify,” She began, her hands were tucked behind her back, fingers intertwined. She would pull on her magic once more, instantly feeling the toll on her body, but doing her best not to let it show. “If I do this, I’d just be able to leave? How can I guarantee that you’ll let me go, you did mention to that queen earlier that you would punish me after. How do I know that’s not your intention. I’ll admit I was pretty reckless coming this far, but if I have the opportunity to get out, then I want to make sure that I’m not being tricked.” She rambled, all the while black sand would begin to spread over her hand. Travelling along her skin and under her clothes, covering the areas of her body that Remington couldn’t see. She would press back into the bars, trying to get an idea of where they were. She had an idea of what to do, but it was going to be excruciating, the most painful thing she’d ever attempted to do.

“Because, like, let’s be real, that’s ol’ Queen bitch version of me, she ain’t fucking around. Like how is she going to react when you come back without me. She was pretty mad about me being here in the first place right? Like, she even called me a worm. A worm. I’ve been called a lot of things in my life but never a worm. And… how did I even get here, because she’s more than just a part of Colty’s dream right?” The rambling continued, her body screamed in agony, trying to resist what she planned to do. In other dreams this would have been a cakewalk, being able to control the dreamscape meant she could influence how she appeared. But she didn’t control anything, which meant that to do this, she would have to tear herself apart - mind, body and soul. Silently, she would make an offer to the void, a series of prayers and promises that she would give in exchange. That was the thing about her power, you could always get more of it, you just had to be willing to give something up in exchange.

“You know what… actually. I don’t think I’m up to it, like you haven’t even said please? Ugh, the sheer disrespect, don’t you agree handsome?” She called over her shoulder at him, her sand would travel up her neck now, she could feel the power welling within her. The internal promises to Heknyes induce a swell of magical energy within the woman. She could do it, it was enough. “So here’s what I’m thinking, how about I’m going to find my own way out, and you, Remy, you can go fuck yourself with a cactus for all I care.”

And then, she shattered.

The entire avatar that she had manifested into would dissolve into black sand, slipping through the gates and away from the red-eyed Colter look-alike. She would re-materialise on the other side, slowly re-taking the shape she had. Only now her dress was torn to shreds, as though she had just been mauled by a wild animal. Blood dripped from her arms and legs as lacerations and claw marks covered her entire body. She stood there, panting, wincing from pain, with a shit-eating smirk across her face. Turning she would face Colter, the real one.  

“Wow, that hurt like a bitch.” She commented with a soft laugh, before stepping toward him, buckling from the strain that it had put on her body. Forcing herself to stand up straight, “So… you care about me huh, and because of that you wound up here and can’t get out because then you might scare me away.” It was weird, saying it out loud, it felt taboo. Already she could feel a part of her fighting it, but for once, she would find the will to silence the whiny bitch that lingered inside of her. Remington had wanted her to break him, but Daphne wasn’t about to listen to him tell her what to do. She got to decide, just how the fuck she would handle Colty’s feelings, not anyone else. “Well…” She would look down pointedly before returning her gaze back at him. “I’ll only be able to run away if you stop chasing me.”

WC: 845 Total WC: 9,450 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:46 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

Colter watched the entire display and found himself stifling a laugh. He didn’t know how to approach the situation. He crossed his arms and found himself surprised as she seemed to dissolve and turn into black sand and by the time that she returned he peered upon her with an interested gaze. He looked with a smile on his face as she seemed to say things about his being locked away and him being able to keep her so long as he didn’t stop running away. However, he found this all to be a little humorous. Taking a moment to place his hand on her shoulder and looking her over with the most intense gaze that he could possibly produce.

“Try this again when you can be honest with your emotions. I won’t give up on you. But you saw the Queen. So long as she is like that… then I know how you feel. It’s my ability, remember? I can see your soul.” He’d move his hand through her hair and even though he was decrepit, his hand felt normal. There was nothing wrong with his body beyond the perception of himself. That being a drained and withered existence. It seemed as though there was a shift in tone. This version of Colter seemed to have more control over his emotional spectrum, due to the fact that he could be funny, he seemed more like the Colter she knew now.

A moment later the gate to her back would rattle intensely. “Hey… bitch. Did you really think you could do whatever you wanted? I’ll fucking get you back for that little… game of yours. You’re good. I’ll give you that.” He looked nothing like he did before, being more muscular, more wild looking. Oddly enough his white hair was now the exact same shade as Daphne’s as though she had an influence on his appearance in some way. He’d start to chuckle, thinking about how she seemingly outsmarted him. Seemed his abilities weren’t up to snuff quite yet. But he’d find his freedom sooner rather than later. ”Makes ya wonder if you’re as good tasting as Colty says!”

His eyes opened on his cheeks, revealing a more monstrous humanoid form in his anger, before charging the fence and chomping at the gate, causing it to dent, but not falter. He’d watch closely with a smile, laughing all the while as his body seemed to grow and become like a great leviathan. In the meantime, Colter would grasp the woman by the shoulder and turn her back towards him. “Don’t come back until you’re sure of yourself, rose. Next time you’ll die. I appreciate you.” He’d lean forward, placing his lips upon her own and sending a surge of powerful magic through her body. Knocking her out of the dream. Despite the fact that Colter himself, still appeared to be out of reality.

Colter’s body would be snoring heavily, though something distinct upon his face would be that his cheeks were moistened, as though he had a nightmare. As though he had been weeping in his sleep. Whatever had occurred, that time was now long gone. His crying had long since passed. All there was now was his resting body upon her lap. Though at times the ring would glow and shimmer, it would recoil. And a very specific part of the ring was showcased before Daphne. The Rose Quartz that she had given him was inlayed into the ring, and it seemed that there was one more slot on the ring to hold a sliver of a jewel.

{ @Daphne | 599 | 10,049}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:48 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne would reach up, touching the hand that stroked her hand. This had been one hell of an experience, not something she had anticipated in the slightest. She had learned a great deal about Colter, and she wasn’t entirely sure how to feel about them. But what she did know was that she was invested at the very least, in his well being. This circumstance he was in, she didn’t like it. She wanted to find a way out for him. To end his suffering.

At Remington’s words, Daphne would drag her gaze back to him, scowling at the bastard with venomous heat. He looked different, his hair was pink like her own, he no longer bore the image of Colter but someone else entirely. So this was Remington. Whilst he appeared mostly human, there were markings on his skin, and an extra set of eyes on his cheek. It was not a face she would soon forget. There were a series of things she could have said, but instead, she would roll her eyes, raising her hand and flipping him the bird. Now that she was on the other side of the gate, closer to Colty she felt more like herself.

She would feel her shoulders grasped by Colter, pulling her attention back toward him. Heeding his warning, with little time to ponder it before his lips met hers. From his kiss, she would feel the sudden surge of power, forcing her from where she was. Her entire being was yanked out of the dream realm and catapulted back into her resting back. She would gasp loudly, eyes opening suddenly, blinking profusely as she refocused on the room. She would look down, taking in the sight of him lying peacefully on her lap. His features are full, and healthy, the visible wetness on his cheeks. Daphne would take several breaths, composing herself as she slowly became accustomed to reality.

Surrounding them on the sofa was layers upon layers of black sand, having spilt out over the sofa and floor. Her clothes felt damp, as the same lacerations that carved their way into her skin, causing her to bleed over herself and him. She needed to heal, but she didn’t have the strength to. She felt completely drained, emotionally exhausted, and her body was racked with pain. She would bring a hand to her face, pressing her fingers against her eyes. The sting of tears springing forward and she tried so incredibly hard not to cry. Her shoulders shook as she resisted her natural urges, a single tear breaking free and glistening down her cheek.

WC: 433 Total WC: 10,482 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:54 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

A sniff would rip through the air as if a bloodhound was doing their best to locate something specific. Raising his head up, the strong waft of an iron and metallic scent piercing through his nostrils and coiling around his brainstem. Allowing the man to salivate and grin expectedly. As though he was some sort of predatory creature that lay in wait for its prey. But as soon as the emotion washed over him it’d subside. Gasping for air and leaning up, Colter would spit up a great deal of water from his lungs all over the opposite side of the couch. Cursing under his breath. It was as though he had been drowning even outside of the dream. His gasps seemed to coincide with his cursing under his breath. Before turning around to face Daphne.

He panted heavily still, looking over her blood soaked figure, narrowing his eyes at her as he leaned forward and touched her cheek. Powerful mending magics would rip and tear through the fabric of her soul, grasping at the strands that made up the tapestry of her physical form and washing over her with a great deal of coolness. Similar to being bathed by rolling waves while laying upon a beach. There was a gentleness in Colter’s touch that seemed to impede all other ends. Especially given the fact that there was something overwhelming when it came to his healing magic. As if it was as potent or close enough to that of a Healing potion. So the gentleness of his touch was to offset how quickly his magic sprang into effect.

“Dammit, Daph. Why are you so bloody?” He actually didn’t know why she was bleeding, but he did remember his dream. Quite vividly in fact. The fact that Remington had so much control over his dreamscape was the primary reason that he never allowed himself to fall asleep. Choosing instead to just leave his body as a spirit so that it was tricked into thinking he was resting. There’d be a great deal of pressure that swelled into Colter’s head, indicated by the vein that formed, as he did his best to heal all of her wounds as quickly as possible. Which meant that he used a hell of a lot more potency than he needed in order to achieve the feat. He was scared for her safety, after-all. It was important to him to keep her safe… not that he knew that.

He’d move to stand, wobbling for a moment before turning on his heel and reaching down with both of his hands, yanking Daphne up off the couch and slowly making his way over towards hre bathroom. She’d definitely need a shower to get all of the blood off her body. He didn’t bother to listen to any protests, nor did he give her any chance to combat against his now aggressive helpfulness. Not until that water was already on and he had been in the shower with her, helping to clean her off. By the time that the shower finished, her clothes would be tossed into the wash, she’d be tucked into her bed, and he’d have called in the cleaning staff to aid in the cleaning process of her room. Colter took charge, and he didn’t display any signs of not doing so.

After some time he’d make his way back to the room, sitting on the edge of the bed near her feet. Reaching out to hold onto her leg. He’d wait until she was able to speak again. This was a chaotic situation, but he didn’t think that she was going to be the one that needed to follow her one warning. Not a damn thing seemed to have happened to Colter beyond the actual drowning and shit. Must have been the fact that he was connected to her soul and she did something reckless. Not that he drew this conclusion at all. The only thing on Colter’s mind was keeping his rose intact. In that way, he was very much so like the cursed beastly prince from those tables.

{ @Daphne | 684 | 11,166}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:08 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

He would move from beneath her, an action that would inform Daphne that he was awake. Not that she could look at him, she still had a hand over her eyes, teeth gritted in desperation. Internally she was clawing back every emotion, hopelessly attempting to force them back into the box that they had come from. As he touched her cheek, the warm caress of his fingers would elicit a choking sound from the woman, her body trembling.

She couldn’t bring herself to answer him, to speak right now at all. Between the pain, the fatigue and the overwhelming emotion that flooded her, it was taking all of her strength not to fall apart in front of him. Thumb and forefinger pressed firmly against her lids, the hiss of her slow inhalation and exhalation was all that could be heard from the girl.

The pain that emanated from the deep cuts across her body would begin to ease, as the softest wave of healing washed over her. Tears in her flesh coming together once more, leaving red welts and blood in its place. Soon the wounds would fade completely, leaving the red smears and damp fabric as the only evidence that she’d ever been injured. Her body would visibly relax, as though she had been holding herself stiffly the entire time, a means to endure the pain she had felt. Now all that was left was her fatigue and her feelings.

Daphne made no effort to stop him as he picked her up, transporting her limp form from the couch to the shower. The entire time she remained quiet, expression blank almost, like a doll. She had managed to pull back the tears for now, watching him silently as he catered to her. The sweet manner in which he was washing the blood from her body made the ache in her chest no easier to bear. It wasn’t long before she was tucked into her bed, staring meekly ahead as he left her to clean her front room. When he returned she had eased onto her side, slightly curled forward, as though having shifted halfway into a fetal position.

She would sense his presence in the room once more, although she would not bring her eyes to him. Taking slow and steady breaths, currently focused on maintaining her composure. Trying to relock those doors that had been pried open. As she felt his touch on her leg, she would curse under her breath softly, bringing her hands to her face.

“Fuck, fuck, fuck.” There was a deep note of frustration in her voice, diluting undertones of sadness. “I-I’m sorry.” She whispered meekly from the cover of her fingers, the sting was back. And so any fight began, she hated being like this. She felt disgusting. Weak. Pathetic. She wanted so much just to stay composed, but even with the sassy bravado she had displayed toward Remington in his dream, the entire thing had taken a toll on her. She hadn’t wanted to peer into his head for a reason, and here she was, doubts proved correct. She had warned him beforehand that he would be vulnerable to her, but in truth, it was actually the opposite. Because now she was the vulnerable one and as much as she tried so desperately to undo it. There were cracks now that no amount of plaster or cement could fix.

WC: 567 Total WC: 11,733 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:25 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

There was a moment in which Colter felt apprehensive. But he didn’t let that over take his mind. He knew what was going to happen now, but he... didn’t want to have that situation play out. Not here, not with Daphne. He'd move his body around, swinging his legs. This was a bad idea. But it didn’t matter to him. In this moment, here and now, he had to be with her. He had to give her comfort. Even if that was going to cause an issue that he’d not be able to come back from. He’d move up onto the bed, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her back to him. Cuddling her body against his own. He didn’t say anything yet, letting her feel the emotions rush out of her. But he wanted to show her that she wasn’t alone. No matter how much she tried to be.

He wasn’t the type to force open wounds. He was fine with living in abject ignorance. She wasn’t supposed to go that deep. She seemed as though she had the capacity to resist the urge. But Remington had always been so persuasive. Also so protective of Colter, despite how evil and malicious he appeared. It was why Colter didn’t just enforce his will over the passenger within his body. He accepted the literal soul of a great and powerful sea beast into his body and he accepted each and every one of its flaws. So why would he ever not accept the flaws that were presented by Daphne? She was a broken individual, but she wasn’t a lost one. She hadn’t succumbed to her worst traits. She hadn’t become the embodiment of all things wrong with her.

He’d finally respond after a short period of time. With a sigh. He’d have to feign ignorance for her sake. She was far too hurt right now… right? She couldn’t handle a serious conversation. Or at the very least. She didn’t seem interested in having one. Chase her… That was what she said to him. If that was what she wanted… then he had no choice. To end these things after becoming so close? How could he? They had been through more than most would have. Especially given the lengths in which they had… united their minds. She saw things he never showed anyone. “You weren’t being careful, you got hurt. I am not mad at you. I promise.”

He’d reach over and move the hair from her face. “You’re fine. It was just a bit of blood and sand. You did a great job. You brought your sand out.” She did actually do a great job. But he was just… not comfortable telling her the truth. Not while she was still so guarded. This was… not the way he wanted their friendship to end. So that fear, that image of the Queen, was just as strong as it had been before. But at least now he knew that there was something there. Something that he could bring to the forefront later.. If she ever felt like she actually genuinely cared for him… and could accept it. But he was fine with her feeling nothing. It was expected.

It was why he didn’t want her to dive so deep.

{ @Daphne | 550 | 12,283}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:30 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

The moment Colter’s warm front pressed into her, Daphne’s eyes would squeeze shut. It was like she’d been pressing down on a box that had been filled beyond the quantity it could contain, wrestling with it desperately to keep it closed. Only to have someone gently peel her fingers away, allowing the contents to spill over. Forcing her to stop fighting and just accept the mess that it made. Her body shuddered as soft sobs left her, streams of tears coating her hands and cheeks. It was too late to stop it now. All she could do was ride the wave of emotion as it flowed over her, hoping despairingly that it would be over soon.

She hadn’t cried in front of anyone in over a year, it was a rare sight, one usually reserved for her family. But there was no containing the sadness she felt; the shame, the guilt, the fear. All of it welled inside her like a whirlpool of anguish. She had been stupid, so fucking stupid. She had gone too deep and forced herself somewhere she had belonged. Why had she done that? Why hadn’t she just left well enough alone?

After several moments, the wave would settle somewhat. Feeling a little less overwhelming, her shaking settled a little, although droplets would still well but less profusely now. Finally Colty would take it upon himself to break the silence, her hands pulled away from her eyes, allowing air to hit her tear stained cheeks. Damp strands would be pulled back from her face as he guided them back, speaking soft words of reassurance. She would sniff audibly, using her palms to wipe her face, all the while taking a deep shuddering breath to collect herself. Colter had seemed so present in the dreamscape, but remembering dreams were very hit or miss. It was possible that the occurrence had already slipped from his mind, was that why he was so calm? Or was he perhaps playing it off to ease her sadness? At the moment she couldn’t entirely be sure what it was, she was too rattled to really focus on anything but her own wallowing.

There would be a long pause, she wasn’t sure what she wanted out of this moment. She already felt so fragile as it were, she didn’t trust herself in this state. But his comfort was like a soft blanket in an ice storm, she craved more of it. But she also didn’t want to continue going over the source of her anguish, all she wanted was to forget. To leave it in the dust and walk away. But how could she? After seeing what he endured for her, she couldn’t remember the last time anyone did anything of significance for her, not something that went beyond arbitrary social conventions. And why was he pushing himself to such a point anyway, was she really worth it?

“Can you stay here tonight… with me?” She asked softly. It was a silly question, he probably would have slept over anyway, but she didn’t know how else to express herself. To express what it was she wanted without asking him directly. The act of asking directly for comfort was like jumping out of the comfortable blanket and diving straight into the fire. She just wasn’t ready for that, to be so honest with him or herself for that matter.

WC: 565 Total WC: 12,848 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:18 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

He’d snuggle her body close to his own, leaning over and placing his lips right between the space just underneath her ear and on her jaw. Placing a soft kiss so that she’d feel comforted. He didn’t need her to speak too much. He didn’t need her to be in pain. They had spent so many nights by this point sharing a bed.. So he knew how to lay with her to keep her rested. But this was one of the few times that the pair had actively chosen to go to sleep together. The only other time was after their misunderstanding. As though each sought comfort in the other after such problematic ordeals. “I would do anything for you, Daphne. Haven’t you noticed?” He said this under his breath, but since he was so comfortable, he didn’t notice that he spoke just loud enough for her to be able to hear him.

He’d feel himself giving actual sleep a go for once, especially since he didn’t want to abandon her. He made sure that his warmth would be there to provide hre a feeling of protection and that he was very understanding. She was too distraught to likely even notice, but he didn’t care. He knew in his heart he wanted nothing more than to be here for her. Especially when it comes to these distressing situations. It was peaceful laying here with her… and as he started to feel himself be tugged into the realm of dreaming once again, he didn’t fight against the feeling. He just let himself be here with her. Letting the smell of her hair softly fill his nose and comfort him.

By the time that the sun would rise and the fifth day would begin, the home would have been put back in order, sand collected, and placed in jars. Colter was still asleep by this point. But it wasn’t as though he was sleeping hard. He wasn’t snoring like last night. At any moment he could awaken. But it was good that they got rest, for today they had more important things to do… but plans changed when circumstances did. So it was all going to hinge on what Daphne did. One thing was for certain, though. His clothing was gone and while he still had his hand around her, he didn’t seem to have done anything while sleeping. This just proved his clothing vanishing had nothing to do with his sleep.

{ @Daphne | 410 | 13,258}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:19 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

It would take Daphne a while to drift off, his words ringing her head for quite some time. His words lingered in her mind, adding the strangest feeling in the pit of her stomach. She could only acknowledge it as guilt, not willing to see it as anything else. She really was living up to the expectation her family had of her, being a total ‘fuck up’ as it were. She needed to get her head straight, there were possibilities that lie ahead, especially if she continued along the route that was Colty. Outcomes that she didn’t know if she was ready for.

There was just so much shit she had to wade through, just getting to this point in her life was hard enough. Grasping at straws just for a glimmer of happiness and freedom. It wasn’t that Colter wouldn’t have been an ideal prospect but… she hardly knew him. And he didn’t know her, not really, at least not how she saw it. Okay so, their souls had done some weird wiggly ethereal sex stuff right? But did that mean he knew who she truly was? Deep down? Like even with that dream dweller of a Queen, she couldn’t deny the eerie likeness but she couldn’t accept this was enough to give him the benefit of the doubt. The denial was relentless, for every contemplation, Daphne would find an excuse. A reason against. It was easier this way, easier than admittance. It was tiresome and eventually, her mind would be swept up in the exhaustion of today’s events. Causing her to slip into a deep, and fortunately peaceful slumber.

By the time morning came, Daphne would slowly stir. In the night she had turned, curling up against Colty’s body, her arms and legs draped over him in a loose embrace. She became slowly conscious, aware of the source of warmth she was pressed against. Not quite ready to drag herself away from his heat, she would shift closer to him. Eyes still closed as she buried her face in his neck, inhaling the sweet aroma of his skin. It was such a scrumptious scent, washing through her with revitalizing effects, awakening her body further.

WC: 366 Total WC: 13,624 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next