Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi] - Page 2 WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» reminiscent: personified spirit panfandom
by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:40 am

» Lusamine
by Lusamine Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:09 pm

» A Dangerous Game {Closed/Tag: Kiigan}
by Kiigan Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:42 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Kiigan Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 am

» A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]
by Katsumi Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
No user

Donations

A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]

Post by Katsumi Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:49 pm

Kat took a moment to take a deep breath, as she stared outside through the window of her balcony. She started moving her bag and placed her weapons in hand reach, at any location she could remember here. It was interesting to see how one could enjoy a day in this school, even if Kat was pretty bad at school-related stuff. All her knowledge comes from her learning under the teachings of her older boss or her adopted father and his son. Lockheart's... they were a great family, even if they weren't blood-related. Kat's official name was Katsumi Yuna, but as soon as she and her family got taken in she was treated as a member of the Lockheart Family. Looking at the past Kat started to daydream a bit, remembering her being jealous of the soldiers and agents of the Lockheart family because they got more attention from her father than others. But the love was always there, a Strong connection, one that would have never been broken.

Kat let out a sigh and started taking off her assassin's clothing. Slowly taking her time piece by piece she started taking off her armor. But before anything else, Kat heard a knock on the door and she went to alert mode right away even if she was standing in underwear. She took a dagger at her hip and walked over to the door. Opened it with a small look "Who's there?" she said as she opened the door showing Kupo standing there. Without much thought, she swung open the door and grabbed Kupo's arm, and pulled him into her room closing the door behind him quickly. Standing against the door with a dagger in hand and in underwear. Yet with no shame in her body, it was clear how elegant and smooth her body was now that it was light, while on the other side her body told a different story. Sixpack, biceps, and triceps, As well as a clear Scar on her stomach as well on her left arm and on her leg a pretty big one.

"Hallo Kupo!" Kat said very caringly and soft, with a smile of gold. "See you awake already, and let me guess you got us some food!" She smiled again looking at the food Kupo was holding. "I'll finish up putting on my clothes and stuff and we can see in eating the food," saying this she walked past Him toward the wardrobe opening it and taking out a short dress with black white, and red coloring in them. The sleeves looked long and big but they easily moved around. "I guess I'll go with this one right now," Kat said before walking behind a shutter wall and moving. You could see her silhouette moving a bit as her bra hung over the wall. Moving a bit she reappeared from behind the shutter wall wearing the dress, looking more elegant and lady-like than before. putting a pin in her hair and putting it into a ponytail she smiled at Kupo again, "Food?"  she said with a smile before grabbing a second stool for herself and pointing at the bed to sign that he could sit on the bed if he wanted.

"So Kupo, how well rude question, but how was the rest of your night and is everything alright?" she said sounding worried and concerned almost like a big sister. "I'm sorry I put you through that whole night, but I will make sure I repay you by making sure anyone trying to get to you gets to meet the end of my blades." Kat took a bite from the food Kupo had brought and she hummed a bit. "Also!" she said with a mouth full before swallowing, "Also! If it's just us two you can call me Kat, I would prefer it that way as well, Also you can just say Quin or Quincy if people are around us, No need to be too formal, not for someone whose cover is a daughter of a military captain and noble." She nodded a bit and looked at her wall where a bow was hanging from the wall, "Oh somewhere this week I'll be teaching you about the arts of combat, I know a place nearby that allows me to train you freely, Like Bow shooting sword fighting, hand to hand combat and I'll teach you how to use that one," Kat said pointing toward her herself could easily spot the dagger she had gifted him. She kind of had an eye for hidden weapons.

Word count: 761
Total word count: 17382
Katsumi
Katsumi

VylderGold : 848

Back to top Go down

A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]

Post by Kupo Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:44 pm

Kupo was caught by surprise by the speed at which he was pulled into the room, almost dropping the food he brought again. When he managed to re-balance it though, he looked up to see Kat once again in her underwear. Now that Kupo could see her body more clearly, there was a moment where he simply looked over all its details, admiring the muscle definition and curves. Kupo quickly came to his senses, though, and turned 180 degrees away, blushing and bowing his head. "Meniate, meniate, meniate! Sorry, sorry sorry!" He was speaking very quickly, conditioned to always apologise for even slight impropriety, lest he be punished. "Y'know, I knocked for a reason! I could've waited until you were dressed!" After this short outburst, Kat didn't seem at all angry and started talking to Kupo, so he listened. "Yeah, I'm normally up earlier. I tried to get you more food, but somebody bumped into me and I dropped it. I hope this is alright!" Kupo hadn't really caught on yet to the fact that being Kat's servant was only a cover and he was being too formal, as those instincts had been drilled into him for the majority of 12 years and reinforced over the past 5. As Kat went to finish getting dressed, going behind the screen, Kupo put the food down on the dorm's table, taking a moment to calm himself down. He looked around the room, noticing that a lot of compartments and drawers had been opened, but she didn't seem to have much stored there. Maybe she was hiding something?

Once Kat finished getting dressed, Kupo looked at her, eyes sparkling & tail wagging very quickly. "Woah, you look beautiful!" The dress and hairdo really tied together Kat's look, making it hard to believe this was a person who could kill him with very little effort, and almost had. With the invitation to eat, Kupo leapt at the chance and quickly took a seat (on the bed, as indicated) and started eating his breakfast. "Well, I had some nightmares, but other than that I slept fine! Thank you for staying in my room, I don't think I would've slept more than a couple hours otherwise." He sat and listened to Kat for the most part, occasionally chiming in. "Sorry for what? It's not like that was really your fault, it's your job, right? Soldiers and adventurers do much the same thing, but they use the excuse that the creatures they kill are 'monsters' or 'enemies'." He didn't say much to Kat's promise of protection/retribution, still eating. As she talked, Kupo started to catch on to the fact that Kat was less formal, and wanted him to be as well, so he smiled and agreed. "Alright, Kat and Quinn it is." Finally, at the promise of combat training, there was that excited glimmer in his eyes and a heart-melting smile once again. "Really?! I have my own ways of sword and unarmed fighting already, but I'm sure I'll learn a lot from you! I'll be looking forward to that." It was no surprise Kat saw where Kupo had hidden his knife, he'd be more surprised if the assassin hadn't, but that comment only made him more excited to potentially impress her with it.

As the two ate, Kupo eventually finished his bowl of porridge, sighing contentedly. He had brought the rest all for Kat, so he didn't take anything extra. Until she finished, he would play around with his magic, humming sweetly with pretty lights dancing around him. While he kept up the performance, it was almost (unintentionally) enthralling, making him seem to appear even cuter. As he came to the end of this little exercise, Kupo thought of a question. "You said you had a plan, right? That's why you wanted to meet me here? Also, what's the plan for today? I have a lecture, you probably do as well, I don't know if you've been given a schedule yet. Either way, I let both our tutors know the arrangements. I need to hand my final project work to my tutor at some point too, so I'll need to go back to my room for that." Kupo abruptly stopped after that, realising he was rambling. "Meniate..."
[711/??? Words, Total: 18093/????? Words]
Kupo
Kupo

VylderGold : 802

Back to top Go down

Post by Katsumi Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:16 am

Kupo had a fun reaction, just the one she wanted. It was pretty funny to see Kupo panic so much, it did show how he grew up and his age right away. Kat didn't hold in laughter either and it was clear she was enjoying the kids' company. When Kupo spoke a bit and responded to her request Kat noticed him saying a few different words unknown to her, but soon realized what it meant and Kat let out a sigh knowing well enough that he should not be the one apologizing here. What brought her joy was his reaction to her offering up some combat training. It seemed Kupo had done it on his own as well but Kat knew how she could help him even more with training, it would be fun to be the teacher once.

As Kupo started talking a bit Kat paid close attention. Indeed Kat had a plan but letting him in on the full plan would probably cause an extreme amount of fear, nobody likes to be bait, and Kupo was gonna be bait for sure. But it also meant that Kat was needing to attend classes and stuff. Maybe, JUST maybe she would learn something even she didn't know yet. Yesterday and this morning she had the whole plan already set and knew what to do, only now Kupo needed to know what was gonna happen. But as soon as Kupo stopped talking there it came again, that one word, by now it was clear it meant sorry. Sitting up straight and smiling a bit Kat leaned forward to Kupo, And then with one quick movement she karate chopped him on the head, which also sparked out a small shock from it. "stop being sorry Kupo, if anyone would be sorry it should be me. I broke into your life literally, so ..." she paused a bit taking in her head a bit "Men-iate" she tried to say with a broken accent trying to mimic Kupo's words from before.

Hoping she didn't butcher the word she continued talking a bit. "My plan well here is what I got, we just gonna do the things you normally do, and we go to the lectures given to us. I will request we hang around more people, yes rumor will start and this will be in our favor really. Knowing the contract more assassins will come and we want them on our terms and not theirs. Being around people avoids a swift entrance. I will be with you a lot of the time and make sure we follow your routine. If assassins get close, I'll make sure you don't look like the target for other people and make the surrounding people think I am the target. I'll put pressure on other assassins if they show up making it hard for them to even get close to you. I already placed a ward on to your door of the balcony so it can only be opened from the inside. Apart from this plan, you are stuck with me, and those who u trust most of your friends." As she explained it you could see how serious she was about this plan, and as well as a cold-hearted planner clearly showing Kupo was gonna be bait at some point.

"So Kupo! I got a lecture about the history of magic in about two hours. Why don't we get that final project of yours and let us meet some of your friends? I'm curious about this place if I'm honest." She said with her mouth full showing yet again her true nature as someone from the lower levels of society. She was clearly not used to being formal at all and it is shown in her behavior from now when the two were in private. "But whatever you think in your head, I will make sure nothing can touch you, and by the honor of a Yuna family member Guardians of Lockheart, You have my word, Nothing will harm u even if it cost my life," She smiled but there was clearly some emotional baggage behind that sentence as she spoke it.

Word Count 694
Total Word Count 18787
Katsumi
Katsumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kupo Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:32 am

Very shortly after his final apology, Kupo receives a small shock (literal and metaphorical) to the head, via Kat's hand. There is then a brief moment where Kupo jolts back (off the bed), a genuine look of fight-or-flight fear in his eyes. Following that, it looks as though he's struggling to say something, words stuck in his throat. There's a short while after that where he just listens, trying his hardest to focus on Kat's soft expression and voice to ground him in the present. A soft smile does cross Kupo's face as he hears Kat trying to pronounce a word in his native language with her Englorian accent, but it is contrasted by his body language reflecting learned, instinctual apprehension and anxiety. He tries to pay attention to Kat's plan as she outlines it, but under his breath he simply repeats an affirmation: "Me so keki, me so heki, me so heki... (I am safe, I am safe, I am safe...)" Listening to the plan, he gradually returns to a calm state of mind, the reassuring idea that Kat would be accompanying him the whole time helping a lot.
"So, business as usual? That makes sense, but knowing our cover story would it not make sense to follow your schedule? Otherwise, did I have to be Quincy's servant? Not to be ungrateful, I'm glad to at least try and resume normal life, but a role in which I spent 12 years essentially powerless is not really where I want to be in this very scary situation!" A rare moment of expressed dissatisfaction/anger from Kupo, which he quickly catches, preventng himself from going any further.

"But... I understand. I trust that you've planned this out well, and will continue to trust you. Thank you for protecting me." Kupo takes a deep breath, and his usual smile returns. Throughout this emotional rollercoaster, Kupo's words have been punctuated by dancing lights all arund his body, but the most noticeable thing had been his eyes. While normally they have a notable shine/glimmer that intensifies with excitement, in the tumultuous mess of emotions since last night they had been virtually glowing at his highs and without any shine at his lows, even flickering. "So, you wanna meet my friends? Should be easy, there's only really one group I hang out with and they're...definitely distinct. Just don't play up the nobility act, they won't take kindly to that." He pauses briefly, remembering something. "and definitely don't play up the master role, they tend to be quite protective of me." A brief glimpse of stone-faced seriousness like Kat's own, shortly broken. "Anyway! It shouldn't take too long to go get all my stuff together and hand it in to my tutor, and then I've got the rest of the day free. Might as well accompany you. Magical history here is Gaiyan & Human-dominated, so not my field, but it can be interesting. Some of the more 'high-born' types in that class, from what my friend tells me." Kupo's lights have calmed down to a controlled pattern now, as he takes one of the smaller pastries remaining and stands up to face Kat. "I-" he is lost for words, hearing Kat's pledge and tone of voice. "Thank you, Kat." Kupo bows, trying to show the same respect/reverence.

After that exchange, and finishing the remaining food, the two presumably exit Katsumi's room. It is now getting towards late morning, and there are a far greater number of students in the common room than there were when Kupo entered the room. Quite a few of them were staring at the duo. Kupo, feigning obliviousness, simply smiles & waves cutely. He makes his way over to his dorm room, opening the door and waiting for Kat to enter before closing it. He quickly gets to work trying to find and collect all of his project work, but as he does Kupo has a lightbulb moment. "Hey Kat, do you have any questions about what me and/or the other bards here do? It might help you fit in better if questioned." This was also an opportunity for Kupo to ramble on about his hyperfixations, so win-win.

[695/??? Words, Total: 19482/????? Words]
Kupo
Kupo

VylderGold : 802

Back to top Go down

Post by Katsumi Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:46 pm

with the food finished Kat took in every bit of what Kupo said, she did notice in his voice a bit of anxiety. But with everything that has happened in the last twenty-four hours, She would understand why he would be a bit on edge. What picked up on Kat's side is how Kupo thought Noble's kid from military background acted, which made her laugh a bit. "Guess u never really met a kid from a military background, I can tell you, they are probably the most rebellious kids in noble bloodlines there are. And I should know my adopted bro... ya I... um yes," Kat cut herself off before she could even speak more and her energy disappeared for a second but soon recovered as she spoke. "read the fake note again later, especially the line of 'and I know of my own will that I would get yelled at if I did send my own guards to protect her.' This means, that Quincy's dad asks only u to keep an eye out on her and just be around her, not be a servant. The letter means that U are like a hidden bodyguard for her, So easily our roles are reversed in the coverup story." with her quick explanation Kat smiled caring like a mom towards her child as she was proud of them.

Following Kupo passed the common room, Kat, now Quincy noticed a few prying eyes right away. Just students clear as day, but a few stoot out. Here and there a few stared longer than they should and Kat thought of something and Looked them directly in the eyes and smiled, catching two of them getting flustered right away and another seemed to be about to hit his friend on the back of the head. Kat could only give a small giggle to the display and it would be more fun to see how jealous some people would become. Once entering Kupo's dorm room again Kat stared up at the ceiling for a bit and then looked at the mirror only to see herself in a dress... Ugh. She was not used to it at all but it had its own flair and indeed it did make Kat look way nobler lady-like than normal. Because normally she would wear easy-moving clothing or an apron. But she got snapped back to reality as Kupo asked her something. "Oh um... Well, your school teaches about history in magic, music, and poetry, but also teaches you to write and make music or stories. U seem to have a few classes on traveling and the arts of combat dance. And I have seen your classes for sword fighting and Archery, but those are just small side classes sadly. But more than that I don't really know, Heck I didn't even know how to write correctly until I was like 17 or 18. But I am happy to learn more," Kat said willingly wanting to know more, it also would help uncover any other assassins as well.

But Before anything Kat took note of the lock she placed down. Walking up the Kupo's balcony Kat leaned down to the lock and gave it a small shock. "Yep... tempered with, meaning I was right. This client is breaking all kinds of rules for my group right now, hiring a second party for the same bounty." Kat mumbled a bit before getting up and putting back a small block to the lock of the balcony. " Alright, don't worry about that right now, When I or your friends are near trust me, nobody can attack u. speaking of your friends, could I meet them before my class start, I would like to get introduced to your friends Kupo." Kat spoke as mid-sentence her whole status changed sounding more highly and happier while sparkling a sort air of high born but a clear indication of Don't mess with me as well. Not only that you could see Kat acting now as Quincy had this aura around her that she clearly was noble yet had hard rough edges. "Just remember Kupo, Kat speaking right now, Quincy officially doesn't know her dad asked you to keep an eye out on her, so we met yesterday after the teachers dropped me off and u offered to help me because I had quite a few things with me." pointing out that he just could be casual as much as he wanted up to how comfortable he would be.

Word count: 751
Total Word Count: 20233
Katsumi
Katsumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2