Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Avalon Heat [Colter] - Page 2 WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» reminiscent: personified spirit panfandom
by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:40 am

» Lusamine
by Lusamine Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:09 pm

» A Dangerous Game {Closed/Tag: Kiigan}
by Kiigan Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:42 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Kiigan Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 am

» A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]
by Katsumi Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
No user

Donations

Avalon Heat [Colter]

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Avalon Heat [Colter] - Page 2 Empty Re: Avalon Heat [Colter]

Post by Colter Fri May 21, 2021 4:25 pm

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

Colter couldn't help it if his supposedly beautiful eyes roamed as she contemplated his magics, he had noticed how pronounced she had made her assets by moving her arm into such a location and he could not be blamed if he took a glance. This was really why he needed to invest in a pair of shades. Alas, that wasn't the only thing that he had caught. The biting of her lips was enough to break any sane living creature to buckle at their knees, even if they lacked them.  

To say that she was the embodiment of desire was redundant. To his surprise, however, she had agreed to his offer to take her out.  He wasn't the kind of individual that had absolutely no experience with the opposite sex of course. But it wasn't something that he found himself encountering often. Especially with how he operated.

This proved to be beneficial to the relic hunter, as he had recently came into a large quantity of personal wealth after selling off a relic to a fellow collector. It meant that he could truly showcase to her exactly the kind of high-life one was capable of living here in the Avalon Islands. There were so many options to choose from. So he decided to narrow it down based on whatever her palette happened to be.

"That depends wholly on what you eat. A subject we've yet to cover strangely enough. Usually most small talk brings up food quite early on. What exactly is it that you... crave, Daphne?"  His eyes might have wandered in a very obvious way as he placed emphasis upon that certain word.  Looking her up and down subtly before a reasonable smirk graced his features.  

"Don't worry about my tastes for now, I am known to be rather adaptable." He spoke to her in a fairly casual tone, placing the carcass at his feet. He'd snapped his finger, causing a great deal of ethereal water to form around his feet as well as Daphnes's creating what appeared to be a circular disk of rushing water that whizzed underneath the pair and began to elevate them. It was stable despite its ethereal nature.

"Going up." He stated with a visible smile on his face. The platform would go well above the tree line. Within a brief moment the circle rose upwards on the sides, forming a bubble around the pair. It took on many properties of a bubble, allowing the pair to see out of it from a complete 360 degrees on all axis.

{ @Daphne | 426 | 6,911 }

Colter
Colter

VylderGold : 10312

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Fri May 21, 2021 7:06 pm

Daphne

got too much dirt to come clean, closets full of skeletons that you don't
wanna see. Will you judge me? All my ugly? I won't blame you if you do
Daphne Rose Ravenwood

The pointed manner in which he had used the word crave, coupled with his obvious examination of her body would in turn cause Daphne's desire to peak. Parts of her tingling with keen anticipation, how was she supposed to be a good girl when he was so clearly angling for the opposite. She knew exactly what she was craving right now, but it was too soon for that. She hadn't known Colty that long, besides the idea of prolonging such tensions a little longer excited her. Imagining just how much teasing would be required to get him to make a move, how much should could get away with before his composure broke.

She moved toward him slightly, tongue between her teeth as she considered how to answer. If he wanted to play, then she was very much game. "Hmm, I suppose it would have to be something hot." Her voice silkier now, her words spoken with a ever so breathy softness. She would purposely pause, leaning in slightly,  "I'm not especially fussy so I'll let you surprise me." Finishing with a wink for good measure, she was sure she would be okay with any place he chose to take her. Having grown up on very bland meals, Daphne had never been given much choice over what she could and couldn't eat. Since leaving The Shambles, she made it and habit to try anything she came across,  so wherever they ended up she would no doubt find something she liked on the menu.

Daphne jolted forward slightly as they suddenly rose into the air, grabbing his arms for support. She looked down, watching in awe as the same ethereal waves she had seen earlier were now circling under their feet. Lifting them up into the sky, Daphne let out a delighted laugh as they soared above the trees, amber eyes darting back to Colty. "You really know how to impress a girl huh." She remarked, letting go of his arms and turning to look out of the bubble they were standing it. To think how easily he could pop the bubble  and let her fall, it was a risky endeavour, trusting a stranger like this. Yet the risk only proved to thrill the pinkette and as such, she found herself looking forward to other ways in which he might surprise her.

WC: 390 Total WC: 7,301

Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

VylderGold : 127848

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Fri May 21, 2021 7:51 pm

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

Colter found himself surprised when he felt her arms touch onto his own. She had not commented on the muscle, but he knew that she felt it. Fitness was very useful for him, despite the fact that he had other things fighting for him and he often kept his distance. One had to learn to never purely rely on their magic. At least that was something that Colter internalized in his mind. He knew a bit about hand to hand even though he wasn't the best at it.

He took a moment to look her over once more the moment that she managed to pull away from him and look out of the bubble. The thought of her earlier sentiment, delivered with a breathy and sultry tone, causing images of an inappropriate nature to flash within his mind's eye. Yet he managed to keep himself in check for now. He could tell she was the kind of person that often liked to keep a bit of control in these situations. But he had plans if they got... further.

It would do her good to have a strong guiding hand for more intimate matters. She must have vastly underestimated the kind of man he was, or perhaps she knew what he was right away. It might have been a spark for their attraction in her subconscious. Regardless, he tossed both of his hands behind his back, holding onto his right wrist as he walked over towards the edge of the bubble. Which was heading back towards the location that they had trekked through earlier.

"You jest. It wasn't my intention to impress. Though I'm glad that I am doing so now due to being near someone that is unfathomable in value. I did tell you that I love being around the rarest of things. That includes people. You've caught my attention, I see no reason to beat around the bush."  He wasn't the kind of man that allowed for his desires to cloud his judgement when it came to... how he represented himself. He was a direct man.

"I know just the place to take you, however. But it's a rather... expensive place. I recall you said you weren't currently staying on the island. So if you lack a change of clothing, we can go buy you something more fitting beforehand. I don't know if you brought more than just the one outfit with you. Not that I mind if you want to go in what you're currently wearing." He knew that she'd be violating the dress code of the establishment, but who cared?

One of the best aspects of being a rich dick was that you did whatever the hell you wanted, consequences be damned. So if she wanted to flaunt her curves in this outfit while eating expensive food in a ritzy establishment, then that was her decision to make. He merely wished to give her a heads up of the type of place that he wanted to take her. He didn't question her personal style, because he liked her style. But he also knew that there were potential benefits to buying her a wardrobe.

A feast for the eyes some would say.

{ @Daphne | 533 | 7,834 }

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Fri May 21, 2021 9:01 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Heknys, he was smooth.

The well-articulated flattery was more than welcome to the pinkette, although she tried her best not to let it show on her face. Instead, choosing to keep her eyes trained on the horizon, "Is that so," She commented idly, taking in the wondrous view of Avalon Island from their little bubble of an air carriage. It was a rare and beautiful sight to behold, seeing Avalon in this way. Daphne had flown before, but never in this region of Mirinah. Her magic was especially weak here, the sand blocking her control over her gift. In a sense, it made her more vulnerable but she liked the place too much to avoid it. Daphne was never one for worrying over things like magical vulnerability, if she had she wouldn't be experiencing the entertaining company of Colty in the very moment.

As he mentioned needing to change, she would glance down at her attire, still sporting the pink denim jacket, bikini top and shorts. She let out a soft laugh, before reaching around to her satchel and patting it. "All my stuff is in here, it's enchanted which means I can carry all my travelling gear in here. I have a few outfits for special occasions, just how fancy are we talking?" She asked, glancing at him with a raised brow. She hadn't missed his offer to buy her something to wear, it was quite the casual statement, but it also said a lot. That Colter had deep enough pockets that he could buy new dresses for pretty girls and treat them to expensive meals. If he had offered sooner, she might have taken it upon herself to let him spoil her, but her words were not lies. He really had impressed her so far and because of that, she didn't quite feel like taking advantage of him.

At least, not in that aspect.

WC: 316 Total WC: 8,150

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Fri May 21, 2021 9:46 pm

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

Colter was so not interested in any bitches he had run across on this entire island what-so-ever. But for various reasons that were completely and utterly irrelevant. What his compatriot failed to seem to realize, despite him saying it multiple times, was that he really didn't like to spend his time doing these sorts of things. He wasn't interested in buying people things, especially since he was a greedy little bastard, to the point in which he didn't splurge on himself.

But her refusal to allow him to waste his money on her brought a smile to his face, despite the fact that he really was good for it, given that if he were an otherworlder one could easily make the case that he was Ebenezer Scrooge reborn as a sensual savant. But that was neither here nor there. He respected her answer more so than anything else, even though it took him aback. So instead of prolonging the situation. He responded to her directly and with utter confidence.

"Well... since I've already revealed so much about my magic already. I can answer your question with a bit of a visual aide?." For you see, Colter's magic utilized a mimicry of both water pressurization and light bending to form  whatever clothing was wrapped around his body at any given time. Meaning, that the freaky fairy was often commando wherever he went, and only mimicked clothing being on his body through his magic.

This was showcased as he flipped his wrist upwards and his clothing started to violently turn into a chaotic torrent of liquid around his body, before resetting itself and showcasing him in a rather dapper looking suit. Complete with ties and accessories. He'd flick his wrist out and the same thing would allow him to have shades covering his eyes as well. They didn't really reduce sunlight at all, he just liked them because they looked cool. In the end, you couldn't really stop Colter's douchery.

This didn't stop him completely, however. As he turned to face her after the transformation and gestured towards himself. Giving her a proper idea of what the pair would be needing to wear. Given the quality of his clothing, it was pretty clear that they were going to a place that would bankrupt your average citizen. He wanted to make sure that she got the full treatment here in the Avalon Islands.  This wasn't some ploy to merely get in her pants either. She was a prospect for Velvet Reign.

"This is the kind of place that is more of an experience all around, opposed to being just a mere dining outing." He reassured her so that she completely knew exactly what she was getting into. Either way it was sliced, he was going to be spending quite the penny on her. But he was ready to do that from the very beginning. Considered an investment on three fronts. One as an investment into their friendship, secondly it acted as an investment into a potential new prospect for Velvet Reign.

Lastly as well as most importantly it would serve as recognition that he wasn't someone that she'd have to worry about in terms of his financial status. He was well taken care of in that area. He could tell that he couldn't offer her money. But he had... bigger and better things to offer her. Things that would make her feel as though her mind was melting and that would make her question her identity entirely. He was just a strategic minded person. He liked to... attack on multiple fronts. "That's how my surprises are, at least."

{ @Daphne | 605 | 8,755 | New Outfit }

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Fri May 21, 2021 11:47 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne's jaw dropped slightly at the outfit change, utterly captivated by the impressive display. Curious, she would reach out, not asking permission as she pressed her fingers against the middle of his chest. Eyes widening at the sensation, like dipping her fingers into water, under which she could feel the smooth skin of his firm pecs under her touch. Her fingers would trail downward for a moment, examining the curve between his chest and onto his abs.

"Wow..." She breathed, momentarily enamoured by how effective the spell was, he looked like he was fully dressed. But the illusion was just that good, the details were immaculate, so effective that she genuinely had no idea until now. Speaking of which, Daphne would realise she was very much touching up Colty's bare body and yanked her hand back suddenly, eyes darting up to his face to see his reaction. Shit. She hadn't intended to be so forward with him, not yet at least.

She cleared her throat, looking away once more, gaze once more purposely trained on the horizon as she scalded her brain for getting carried away with the inspection of his illusion. "I think I have something that works," She told him briskly, she had brought along one of her favourite Rivengate dress. Something styled by an Otherworlder from an especially interesting world. Apparently, the dress was made from the knowledge of 'formal chinese' styles and from the time she had worn it she knew that it would undoubtedly fit the fashion bill for wherever they went.

"I'll need somewhere to change." She told him, stealing a swift peek at the black suit he was now sporting. He looked absolutely dashing, and on top of which, Daphne now had a vague idea of what was hidden underneath all of that. The knowledge of which was proving to be entirely too stimulating for the girl's vivid imagination. The hard muscles of his lean body painting quite the picture in the witches head. Fuck. This wasn't good. How was she supposed to tease him when she was already so titillated by him, and all the fucker had done was show her a little magic. She would distract herself from the naughty wanderings of her mind by wondering where it was that he might be taking her. "What's this place called? I might have heard of it." She began conversationally, trying to quickly move on from the faux pas of her uninvited touching.

WC: 410 Total WC: 9,165

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Sat May 22, 2021 12:30 am

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

Colter was taken aback by the touching of his bare skin due to the fact that the entire time that he had been trying to seduce the new bearer of his desire, she had seemingly kept her composure. Housing an aloofness that didn't allow him to properly gauge what she was feeling or thinking in any given moment. But she might have overplayed her hand with that little display, and it did nothing but embolden him for the events to come. She might have been far more reserved than he had hoped... but now he had hope.

It wasn't all bad at least. Should they end up in some sort of... sultry predicament she'd find herself to be well taken care of. She was a lady after-all. And he was a very generous individual, which was being showcased here and now. Live and in technicolor. The only reaction she would have saw was a smile on his face. One that would have showcased to her that he knew. The jig was up. She could slip back into her mysterious guise if she wanted. But he had already noted the attraction.

He almost said something about returning the favor, in regards to touching her in a similar way that she had done him. It was only fair. But he decided against it due to the fact that she seemed to react so... adorably over having lost her composure. That didn't mean he was going to let her off the hook entirely, however. "I hope that was to your exceptional standards." He teased her a little, but didn't let the comment linger in the air before speaking.

"Hmm, I think I can aid you in that." He raised his hand upwards, closing his fist and a wall of condensed water practically split the bubble in half. Raising up and blocking the ability for the pair to view one another. In fact, her entire half of the bubble seemed to become so condensed with the seemingly pressurized water that the only light she received was from the upper portion of the bubble in which he didn't cover with his magic. Colter was talented.

Yet that did nothing to prevent him from being able to answer her. Especially since the roaring water was lacking it's roar. Making it even more clear that this substance was not the same as water in anyway way beyond it's visual manifestation. "This restaurant is called The Golden Pearl, its a seafood restaurant primarily. It serves all of the rare and nearly endangered delicacies from around the Islands and beyond. It's a pretty popular spot."

{ @Daphne | 436 | 9,601 }

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Sat May 22, 2021 1:21 am

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

The game wasn't over, not by a long shot. A sentiment Daphne reminded herself as Colty teased her, clearly enjoying her little blunder. So she had lost a pawn, fine, they were a long way from Check, and she had plenty of moves in her arsenal. Daphne realised that it was the magic that was throwing her, her inquisitive mind had left a blind spot in her defences. She couldn't help herself, Magic was without question the most exciting aspect of this world. When presented with it, all she wanted to do was learn more. To take in the new information and see how she could apply it to her own abilities, as well as using the knowledge to gain an even greater understanding of this world and its arcane secrets.

He would manipulate the bubble once more, suddenly not only could she no longer see Colty, but the view of Avalon was also blocked. She leaned in, careful not to touch the wall between them, but allowing her eyes to cover the inspection this time. "How do I know you can't see me on the other side?" She suggested, the playfulness returning to her voice. Not being able to see him helped her collect herself a little, lowering her satchel to the base of the bubble, she would begin to undress. As she stripped down to nothing, she laughed at the strangeness of the situation, here she was completely nude floating over Avalon Island in an opaque bubble. Now that was a story to take home with her, although some parts would definitely have to be redacted for the sake of more innocent ears.

The moment would be fleeting however as she reached into her satchel and pulled out some underwear, along with the white dress, the faux fur shawl and her bow-bearing kitten heels. "Seafood, huh? Great choice." She responded as she dressed, her words genuine. Daphne loved seafood, and now that she was starting to feel peckish, she felt a little excited at the prospect of it. Once she was done changing into the outfit, she would throw her prior attire into her satchel and clasped it shut. Straightening up and brushing down the white dress, before reaching up and releasing the band in her hair, shaking her head to free the locks so that they would fall down the length of her back.

"Alright, I'm ready," She told him, should he remove the wall between them, she would be revealed to be wearing a floor-length white dress, with a split that started at her hip permitting him a generous view of her left thigh. The fabric of the dress hugging her flesh and complimenting her lithe frame, upon closer inspection one might even notice the white silk floral lace designs embedded into the fabric. It was one of her more costly outfits, but boy did she liked the way she felt in it. "So, is this appropriate?" She asked with a grin, keen on seeing whether she had chosen wisely.

WC: 504 Total WC: 10,105

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Sat May 22, 2021 2:04 pm

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

He decided not to respond to her question about if he could see her still or not. He couldn't, but he figured that by leaving it up to her imagination, he could just poke her about it later.  Though he knew that weaker willed men might have been tempted to manipulate the situation in order to take a peak at what she had to offer... he wasn't that kind of man. Not due to a lack of interest, but due to a clear belief that if he played his cards right, he'd be seeing it on a regular basis. Which was far more tantalizing of a prospect.

Colter decided to have a bit of fun with his passenger, given that he could tell that she was starting to try and regain some semblance of control within the situation. Which he didn't mind, they would have plenty of time in the future to work out the finer details of their future partnership, but for now he decided it was likely the best course of action was to give her some breathing room. So he listened to her carefully, though he rearranged the construction of the bubble while her attention was elsewhere.

This meant that by the time that she revealed her dress and the wall of water that separated the pair came down, it revealed nothing on the other side beyond the see-through wall from earlier. The water wall to her back, however, came down at the same time revealing her dress to him. The caster of this complex magic found himself moving forward , standing behind the fair beauty, giving her a compliment while he leaned over her shoulder. His chest pressed against her back momentarily.

"Beyond appropriate, I'd say you look absolutely stunning." It was no secret that he appreciated how certain clothing emphasized certain aspects of the lower body. One invasion of personal space for another. Though his was far more bold. His voice adopted a a rasp that denoted that he was still in the mood to tease her, despite her brief reprieve. He'd reach up and place his right arm around her lower back, moving at the same time to stand beside her.  At her side while outstretching his left hand.

It was the boldest move that he had done thus far, but he figured that if she had an issue with it, he could always remind her that he assumed they were on a touching basis. Though he crossed no lines of moral decency. Still, he didn't touch her in a manner that was completely inappropriate. A fact that he would reassure her of quickly. "We are about to make a grand entrance, best to use me as an accessory. All eyes will be on you, after all." He framed his touching as being something advantageous to her.  

As though his arm placement was strategically placed to add to her ensemble.

In a way this was true. But it was also a good excuse to feel what she felt like. With the flick of his left outstretch hand, she would likely see that they were now soaring over the city proper, though the bubble was starting to make its descent at a rapid pace. Somehow managed to remain stable, without causing the pair to jostle around or lose their balance. Within mere moments the bubble would stop on the long fancy carpet that lead upwards towards the entrance to the eating establishment.

The cocoon of ethereal liquid peeled itself back, collapsing outwards in the shape of a lotus flower, maintaining it's presence for just long enough to catch the attention of those whom had been waiting in a line outside of the establishment. Any place of note usually had a line here in Avalon Islands. Tourists always tried to get into places without a reservation. But they lacked the connections that someone of Colter's status had. His eyes darted over towards the large man guarding the entrance.

He'd move forward, his arm still behind her back should she not have pushed him away or asked him to remove it. Though if she had, he would merely move forward without her. Either way, however, he'd usher her towards the entrance. Looking over at the large scaled man that stood outside the entrance. He'd lower his shades for all but a moment, his eyes denoting who he happened to be. Allowing the pair to be given access to the building as the brute opened the large doors that, in the human world looked oriental in nature.

"Don't worry about the Twighorn body, while you were changing I had it stored away. So we can merely focus on having an amazing conversation and outstanding food." He was going to continue speaking, but a well dressed man approached the pair and ushered them further inside of the establishment, up a pair of stairs to the second floor. Seating them towards the center of the room. Which was near an indoor balcony overlooking the first floor.

In the center of the first floor below, there was an impressive water fixture that looked like a large koi pond, but it was filled with local colorful and vibrantly scaled fishes from the nearby reefs. There was soft music being expertly played in the distance from what sounded like a shamisen, and the host departed almost as quickly s he had arrived. Colter pulled out the chair for Daphne, and if she took the seat without a fuss he'd move to his side of the table and take his own seat. Sighing.

If she had paid attention, she'd have noticed that many of the people on the second floor had been paying attention to her the moment she ascended the stairs.

"We have a bit of time before the menus arrive. Hmm, have you enjoyed your day thus far?." He asked her with invested interest, interlacing his fingers and placing his elbows on the table. Leaning his chin against his hands as he gazed upon her. He had some questions for her that he was going to pose later on in the dinner. But he gave her a softball for now. Especially since it opened up the gates for her to do the same. If she had anything she wanted to talk to him about.

{ @Daphne | 1,052 | 11,157 }

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Sat May 22, 2021 3:25 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne blinked in surprise as the wall would disappear only to reveal that Colty was not there, before suddenly feeling the warmth of his frame pressed against her back. Unable to resist the grin that stretched across her lips at this cheeky little move, she arched her neck back over his shoulder to look up at him. He sure was being more forward now, not that she could blame him. Her inappropriate touching had certainly moved them a few steps forward in their flirtatious exchange, not that she entirely minded. In truth she found herself enjoying the confidence in his actions, the direction he was taking with their little adventure.

Straightening her neck as he moved to her side, exceptionally aware of the hand that had found its way to the curve of her lower back. She chuckled softly at his words, "Don't undervalue yourself Colty, you're quite the centrepiece if I ever saw one." She cooed as she would begin to watch their descent into the city, containing an appearance of cool interest as the magic did its thing. When in truth, she was enjoying the experience a great deal, it wasn't every day one got to float to a restaurant in the magical container that was this ethereal water. As they landed, the orb would peel open like a beautiful flower, adding even more flair to their arrival. Daphne giggled, getting a better understanding of what he had meant by 'making an entrance', the man very much aware of his own capabilities it seemed.

Following his guidance, Daphne would walk along the carpet, moving toward the entrance of The Golden Pearl establishment. It had the appearance of a place fitting for their state of dress, access blocked by a burly man of impressive stature. With a look at Colty, it seemed no words were needed as they were permitted access to the building. What a flex. She thought with amusement, although admittedly he really was doing a good job increasing the allure of Velvet Reign. Was this perhaps the connections one made when they join the commerce guild or were these perks singular to Colter himself. She found herself intrigued, Daphne had never been especially wanting of power, in truth she preferred the pursuit of knowledge. But wealth, with that, came a comfortable living that allowed one to do whatever the fuck they wanted, and there was definitely an appeal in that.

Daphne nodded at his comment about the Twighorn, feeling a twinge of excitement over the extravagance of the meal they were about to experience. They were swiftly approached by another man, one who would manoeuvre the pair further along. Daphne arched a brow at this, but said nothing just yet, instead choosing to observe the situation. The lingering effects of her earlier cocktails had fizzled into the minimal, meaning that she felt a semblance more control over herself than she had earlier. The inside of the restaurant was arguably even more impressive than the outside, the soft notes of an instrument twanging in the distance adding to its unique atmosphere as they found their way to their table on the balcony. "Why thank you," Daphne remarked, appreciating the gentlemanly gesture on Colter's behalf. It wasn't often that anyone took the initiative to pull out her chair for her, but even if it was a small gesture, it held a grand reflection on Colter.

She slid into her seat, peeking around the second floor of the restaurant before returning her attention to the snow-locked man not sitting across from her. As predicted, there were a significant number of eyes on the pair. She smiled at his question, pondering how to answer him in a way that reflects how she felt about today's escapade. She had to admit he had gone above and beyond in providing entertainment for the pinkette, and despite her desire to toy with him, she felt his behaviour had earned him a more open response than what she had given him so far. "I'll be honest Colty, I was hardly surprised when you chose to approach me. And whilst I anticipated the possibility that I might enjoy your company, I never did expect you to be quite so unpredictable."

WC: 705 Total WC: 11,862

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Sat May 22, 2021 4:35 pm

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

Colter didn't allow himself to slip into a form of deep interpersonal contemplation, primarily due to the fact that he felt as though he could actually be engaged in a conversation with someone that was his equal. At least in terms of intelligence. Though he loved how she attempted to phrase his talking to her as approaching her. All he did was offer her a drink. But he also wasn't a woman, so he didn't know if that was what she had meant or not. Social situations weren't his forte, he didn't have time to psychoanalyze every person that he encountered.

To that end, however, he found himself smiling. Not even watching as a rather attractive waitress delivered to the pair a complimentary wine, turning on her heels to leave. His eyes were solely focused on Daphne, emphasized when he unlaced he rose up one of his fingers and caused his glasses to evaporate into thin air. So that those piercing cerulean pools fixated on his newfound comrade. He didn't deny there was a strong connection here. At least in his opinion, but now that they were in a peaceful setting, he felt like he could relax a bit more.

"I do not blame you for not immediately gauging anything about myself. Part of the fun is the discovery process, no? A lot of individuals think that I search for relics just because I wish to horde them. But such basic desires are beyond me." He took his glass of water and rose it up to his lips, drinking down the liquid momentarily as he closed his eyes. Not realizing how parched he had been from earlier events between himself and this bombshell seated across from him. Much to his surprise.

"We all gauge success differently. I am a member of Velvet Reign specifically to hunt down magical artifacts that hold the answers to past civilizations, events and information that is lost to us. Information is the most expensive trade good in this world. Information is the embodiment of true power." He didn't ship a beat in continuing his point. He wanted to make sure that she completely understood the kind of person he was. He saw success as a very specific thing in his own world veiw.

His eyes narrowed slightly, though not in a manner that denoted that he was upset. Instead, he looked far more relaxed with his half open lids. "We all hold many mysteries about ourselves as well. Which is why I found you so fascinating. You withheld information about your magic, you haven't said much about your past, I know very little about you. But I am willing to put in the required thorough effort to... unlock that information as well." He couldn't help but flirt with her, even when letting her know he was more than aware of how guarded she had been about herself.

{ @Daphne | 482 | 12,344 }

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Sat May 22, 2021 5:57 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne would lean forward, resting her elbow on the table and pressing her chin against her palm, wearing an expression of interest as she listened to his words. "If I may ask, what was it that made you so interested in relics to begin with?" She enquired, it was clear that he was passionate about his work, just hearing him talk about it was enough to capture her interest in the subject. It was a trait she often displayed herself, in the confines of her own room buried in her own research. At first, her own love had come from her studies back in the Shambles, but as masterful of an experience the art of witchcraft was, even that hadn't felt like enough. The more she learned, the more she wanted to know and to know about the world she belonged to, one had to explore. It was one of the many reasons she had left, liberation and knowledge, a temptation she had caved to and not regretted a single day since.

The more Colter spoke, the more aware Daphne became of how like-minded they were, it was a strange yet not unwelcome discovery. Being able to hold an intelligent conversation and share thoughts on such matters pleased her greatly. "I couldn't agree more. I often visit the AURA facility in Rivengate for the same reasons, the discoveries made there are incredible. I considered working there myself but... well, let's just say the thought alone was enough to cause more trouble than it's worth." There was the subtle undertone of ire in her voice, the mere mention of working for the Alternate Universe Research Association in her household had caused an uproar of monumentous proportions. The controversial nature that was the study of alternate realms and alien technology had been wholly unwelcome in the Ravenwood household. To dedicate one's life to something so 'unnatural' as her mother had put it was shameful to even consider. She had no doubts that the decision to work for Velvet Reign would also create an unpleasant reaction but less so than AURA had.

Shaking her head, she would dismiss the thought, "You must have gathered quite a collection, perhaps when I get back from my trip you might be willing to show me a few?" She queried, the question was asked with the tone of one mild curiosity, but there was a twinkle in the girl's amber eyes that gave away her genuine interest. She really would enjoy getting close and personal with his magical relics, to see what she could learn about them and how much intel could be applied to her own universal theories.

Colty's comments about her guarded nature would cause Daphne to pull back a bit, her gaze locked on those pretty blue orbs of his. Of course, he had noticed that, he was far too intelligent not to. Daphne remained thoughtful for a moment, her gaze lowered to her fingers, lowering her arms so that they were now resting flat against the table, fingers fidgeting idly against one another. So he was determined to learn more about her, the thought would cause contemplation to flicker across the woman's features. She had always been a closed book. But it just so happened that book was locked in a chest, buried six feet deep and guarded by a dragon. As quickly as it had come, however, the shift in her demeanour would return to its prior kittenish manner, and she would smirk over at him. "Good luck with that." She teased airily.

She knew the kind thing would have been was to apologise and be honest about how she had very little intention about opening up to him or anyone. But Daphne was not a kind person, and her desire to consume Colty's attention greatly outweighed the consideration of his feelings. She was greedy and she wanted his eyes to remain on her, even if that meant hurting him.

WC: 658 Total WC: 13,002

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Sat May 22, 2021 6:35 pm

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

Colter's gaze seemed only to intensify as she spoke of A.U.R.A. even though he didn't know much about the faction in truth. Yet she had revealed to him that it was not only a place that seemingly housed discoveries that were interesting to her, but that she wanted to work there... and it caused issues. But what possible issues could have been brewed from her merely expressing the idea of working there? He knew enough about the group to know that they didn't bar the employment of Eldritch. Which meant her problem was on a more personal level. No ring on the finger, no husband.

Perhaps she had an ex-lover that was already employed there? No her reaction would have been different. Colter was about to enter into the flow state, which he often utilized to solve the various mysteries and puzzles that presented themselves before him. But he decided to abandon that course of action the moment that she prompted him with the knowledge that he required... luck in order to get to know her better. Which brought a smile to his face that showcased his teeth for the first time in perfect view to her. Teeth that could have easily been mistaken for pearls inlayed in his mouth.

"Ah, well. To address your comment on why I love Relics so much, I will explain that once you come visit my place after your trip." He deliberately phrased it in that manner so that he could let her know that, well, it was clear that she basically asked to go back to his place. Eventually. "This faction sounds interesting, truly. I suppose I have two reasons to visit Rivengate now." He assured her that he planned to visit her as well. But then took his time to address her comment over his luck directly.

"Luck huh? Glad you seem to acknowledge its a matter of probability. I'm just going to keep tuning the variables in my favor. You don't need to open up to me now. I know the fruit is most succulent when it ripens. So... by all means. It's a pleasure to meet you, immovable wall. My name is unstoppable force." Was it perhaps the most nerdy and lame way that he could have made his point? Sure, but it was the kind of way that he would have done it. Regardless of how unattractive it was to make a science reference when discussing your own persistence.

By this time, the waitress had returned, placing two menus down before the pair and placing her hands behind her back. "Please take your time, I shall be back shortly to get your drinks." The woman bowed before removing herself from the area. Colter didn't bother to look at his menu, choosing instead to watch her with a smirk plastered on his face. He hadn't even registered that what she did was mean or improper. He figured she was playing a game, so he wanted to see the true extent in which she'd guard her soul from a man that dealt in souls on the daily.

Colter let his tongue run over his lips momentarily as he gazed upon her, he had literally told her how hard his job was on a regular basis. So he found it to be cute that she assumed that he wouldn't pursue her in this manner. Especially when he had already told her that she was someone that fascinated him. Her heart might have been guarded by the Froskariun Hound, but not even a legendary monster would stop a man with as much conviction as Colter. For in the end Colter was a man who was suffering from abandonment issues on a scale none could ever understand.

And he wasn't going to let someone he genuinely enjoyed talking to abandon him as easily as all of the others. Not this time.

{ @Daphne | 647 | 13,649 }

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Sat May 22, 2021 8:07 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

It was hard to say what was more appealing to Daphne, the dazzling brilliance of his smile and the silky manner in which he addressed her. Refusing to answer her until she found her way to his place, a trip that had the potential for many interesting scenarios. "I look forward to it." She answered, her words confirming that she had, for the most part, every intention of visiting him. As long as things didn't go awry between now and then, but from what she had observed that didn't seem likely. There was just something so expertly calculating about the man before her, he was so precise in his mannerisms, so clever with his words. Such a perfect challenger, there surely there had to be a catch.

"Rivengate is beautiful, a little pricey, but I'm sure you have no issues there," She commented, taking another glance around at the extravagance of the restaurant they were dining in. "It's arguably one of the most interesting places to visit in Mirinah; the clothes, the music, the food. It's quite addictive really," She told him, her fondness for the place clearly noted in her voice. Her experiences in Rivengate had been nothing if not eye-opening, just one visit several years back and she had quickly fallen in love with the place. Visiting again and again, until eventually deciding to just move there entirely, objections be damned.

Daphne tried very hard to contain the enjoyment on her face as Colter expressed his determination to learn more about her. His remark, as cheesy as it had been, would cause a little rush of excitement to course through the woman body. Heating washing over her and sensations causing her thighs to press together under the table. Her eyes would narrow at him, her lips parting as she idly ran her tongue under her teeth. "You-"

She stopped herself, the appearance of the server interrupting the thought. Daphne's body relaxed slightly, she pulled her gaze from Coltys, throwing a tight smile in the direction of the waitress as she gave them their menus. That had been a little too close for comfort, she had very nearly played another hand too soon. With the desire to have him controlling her actions, she could feel herself itching for satiation. Despite her anticipation for the meal, there was something else she wanted more. If Colty was this enjoyable to talk to, then there was something else Daphne wanted to check out. And she would, she just needed to proceed with a little more control, she wanted to throw him off his game. To cause him to lose his focus. She wanted to watch those pretty eyes widen with awe over her, to watch him unravel as he pined for her. Her eyes wandered down to the menu, looking over the drink selection.

"I think I'd quite like sex," She would state suddenly, purposefully raising the volume of her voice so that she would be heard clearly by him and perhaps any tables nearby. Her daring gaze meeting his over the menu she was holding, making it clear that she was being intentionally inappropriate. "Sex on the beach, that sounds yummy don't you think?"

WC: 533 Total WC: 14,182

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Sat May 22, 2021 8:43 pm

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

Colter found himself amused when she went on to speak of Rivengate, though not because anything she said was funny. But rather due to the fact that she didn't seem to comprehend what exactly he'd go there for. If this island really was technologically advanced, then that meant that they had various instruments and tools that were very much so within the wheelhouse of what he had planned for their future interactions. So many toys, so little time. But he didn't get lost in that thought. How could he? She reacted to his words in a manner that brought him joy.

He wasn't prepared for what had occurred afterwards, however. Her mentioning of wanting sex did cause the man to choke on his water, as he brought it to his lips once more.  A rather humorous scenario given the fact that he had been manipulating his faux water this entire day thus far. He leaned back in his chair, keeping his eyes on the woman seated across from him. When she clarified that she was talking about the beverage he could do little but smile towards her with his mouth agape. Showcasing his bewilderment at her antics.

Did she want to keep him at arms length, but with her arm being lower than one would normally have it? that was what it seemed like at least. But he didn't skip a beat in his reply. "Yes, you seem like you'd be rather yummy." He was far too analytical to allow himself to be dispatched by the admittedly random comment that she had made. She scored herself a good right hook, but he was quite the counter-puncher. He'd wave his hand over towards the waitress. So that she knew he was talking to her, despite his lack of looking at her directly.

"I'll just take some soju.... and a cold shower, thanks." He decided to turn the conversation back on as the waitress found herself leaving to fetch their drinks. He didn't seem to have any other expression on his face other than the smirk from before. Though his eyes were far more... brighter than before. "It would appear that we are compatible in our unpredictability." He brought back what she had complimented him for earlier and repurposed it to denote an acknowledgement between the pair. Which he genuinely believed.

"I must admit, your confidence is astounding. If we can not have a real conversation about who we are, what we want or what we have done. Then perhaps we can discuss something entertaining. I think it'd be far better than you waterboarding me with your pheromones and then locking me away. Tell me, what do you think of the Avalon Islands thus far? How do you consider it, now that you've seen its hidden wonders?" She hadn't seen most of the hidden wonders yet, but enough to at least have an opinion on their activities from the day.

He felt the need to steer this conversation into a less... sensual direction. He wasn't going to enable her tease-like tendencies.

{ @Daphne | 509 | [b]14,691/b] }

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Sat May 22, 2021 9:35 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne's eyes remain trained on his reaction, her shoulders shaking as she attempted to suppress her laughter at the sight of him choking on his water. Her shit-eating grin hidden by the menu she was holding up, made no easier to withstrain by the flirty remark he threw back at her. As he summoned the waitress once more, he would place his order for soju and a shower. Daphne let out a light snort of amusement, before asking the waitress for the aforementioned beverage.

Colter's mention of her own unpredictability would cause Daphne to lean forward, lowering the menu. "Mmm, we do seem compatible on a few fronts don't we," She purred, her eyes wandered slowly over him for a moment, remembering what she had felt earlier. "I'm sure once I'm a member of Velvet Reign that we'll have a lot of fun working together." She mused thoughtfully, wondering what it'd be like to have a professional relationship with Colter. Daphne wondered briefly about the rules of Velvet Reign and how much professional distance their employees might be expected to keep from each other if there was any at all. If she and Colter did end up in a precarious arrangement of sorts, it was going to be increasingly difficult for Daphne not to tease him at work. Although the more she pictured such a scenario, the more allure she found in the notion.

"Well, I've always enjoyed Avalon Island but I believe this is the first time I've really been shown around it. It's been fun, I can see why it appeals to you to live here. I certainly believe I'll be visiting more often, you know, because of the faction." Now it was her turn to flash her teeth at him via an entirely too cheeky grin. "I suppose the only downside is that this place dampens my abilities, which means It'll be difficult for me to do jobs on the island if they require a little more 'magical ingenuity'. I still have some skills that I can use but they are pretty minimal in comparison to my more extensive abilities." She admitted to him, not wanting to give any false impressions. Daphne had plenty of things she could do, but her spells were weak here and she wanted to make sure that Colter, as the current representative of the faction, was well aware before she did join. She pondered this for a moment, his prior statement about her own guarded nature and his desire to learn more about her. She wondered if he would be put off by her abilities once he learned what she was capable of, they were rather unnerving in nature.

"I'm glad that you understand my desire to remain guarded, but considering the recruitment aspect of this exchange, I wouldn't be opposed to giving you a snippet of my capabilities at least. It may be cocky of me to assume but... my talents are beyond valuable to a company like Velvet Reign." It wasn't that she was being arrogant, it was that she knew from experience. She had skills that had often been sought out by employees, usually for some unpleasant reason. She would look around the room, lowering her voice as she eyed the diners around the room, "Pick someone."

WC: 548 Total WC: 15,239

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Sat May 22, 2021 9:59 pm

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

Colter found her words to be, humorous despite how hurtful they happened to be. Though he did make note of one thing. She opened up to him. Which was something that she had been so very dodgy about earlier in their interaction. She claimed she was giving him this information purely for professional reasons, but if he had to wager a guess, he'd bet that the mental image she had of these piercing cerulean eyes locking with her own while he figured out if she was actually yummy or not was what did the trick. Not to toot his own horn, but he might as well of had a trumpet.

One thing stood out to him more so than anything else, however. She thought her magic was valuable to Velvet Reign outright, which, if so he'd get himself a nice little finders fee for headhunting this particular talent. But that wasn't why he was so fascinated. She mentioned that this island dampened her powers, whatever it was that they happened to be. But he couldn't for the life of him figure out the justification in such a sentiment. What magic was weak to an island? It was intriguing to say the least. It provided him with a chance to learn about her further.

"Stick with me and you'll find no barriers to your magical aptitude, I assure you.." He'd smirk in her direction once more. Displaying to her his own cockiness.  "As much as I wait with bated breath to see you bare it all, I suppose I can make due with a snippet."  Even when discussing something as legitimate as magic, the man couldn't help himself. If anything, he knew that he had an enjoyable day with this woman thus far. His commentary be damned. "Perhaps the dapper bloke over near the corner of the room."

He didn't seem to hesitate in the slightest when it came to picking out a potential victim for her magical display. There had been a man here that had been looking at the pair for a long while before going back to his own business. Something that Colter was not a fan of. He might not have saw the man directly, but he was well aware of this certain instance.  His finger went pointing over towards the very same man. Who was wearing an all white suit and white bowler hat. Had blond hair, including his beard and hazel eyes. He was an older gentleman, probably a wealthy business owner.

Colter didn't seem to care that the man was seemingly on a date of his own.  He had no idea what it was that Daphne was going to do anyway. Given the fact that she just said her magic was dampened here, he wasn't expecting to see anything amazing. But he was going to give her a fair shot like she had given him. He just hoped that whatever her magic was, it didn't cause irreversible damage to the establishment. He didn't have even a fraction of the money needed to repair this place should something untoward happen to it. He'd have to enter indentured servitude.

{ @Daphne | 523 | 15,762 }

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Sat May 22, 2021 10:47 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne followed his gaze to the gentlemen to which Colty was referring, she smiled, shuffling in her seat before focusing on him. She kept her eyes trained on the fellow for some time, normally it wouldn't have taken her mere seconds to get this to work. But the strain on her meant there several moments passed before the man who had been engaging in his meal would stop suddenly, sitting up straight he would put his knife and fork down. Staring blankly into space as the tiny grains of black sand so sparse that they were almost impossible to spot, had travelled from where Daphne sat, trailed over his expensive shoes and over his ankles. Slowly crawling up his skin and allowing her magic to seep into the depths of his mind.

"Come." She would say softly, not that she needed to say her command out loud, but she wanted Colty to be aware that it was her will that was doing this. The man would stand suddenly, turning to look directly at them, he would stride purposely toward the pair, eyes glazed over. He stopped before them, saying nothing, Daphne eyed him for a moment, pondering what to do next. Before sitting back in her seat and crossing one leg over the other, she would wave her hand over toward Colty. "Do you know who this is?" She remarked, and the man would turn to gaze upon her company, for a moment his face was blank and then suddenly he would gasp, dropping to one knee suddenly and bowing his head. "My liege!" He cried out, with all the awe and enthusiasm of a starstruck individual.

"You dare approach the King of Commons so freely," Daphne stated harshly, in her mind's eye she could see what the man saw. The dream he was currently in, where in this very restaurant he had approached the current Royal Monarch of the Common Realm. Everyone else in the room however would only see a man bowing in front of Colter and Daphne, this was the limit of this place. Here she could influence perhaps one, maybe even two minds, but on the mainland, the number was significantly higher. "Forgive me, I-I did not mean to offend." He babbled, genuine fear and sincerity in his words. Daphne glanced at Colty, taking in his expression before continuing. "Well this is entirely unacceptable, how do you intend to pay for your actions?" She asked him, her words carrying all the conviction of a professional actress.

"P-please, it was an accident, your grace, perhaps I could treat you to some champagne. The finest bottle this establishment has to offer, a gift of thanks for gracing us with your magnificent presence!" He suggested, head remaining bowed as he dared not look at Colty for fear of insulting the king that he saw. "Fine, that would be acceptable I suppose. Now leave us," She told him firmly, whimpering his words of gratitude, the blonde man would quickly scamper back to his table, following which he would keenly call over a waitress to request the offering he had made them.

Daphne returned her attention to Colter, "He'll be gushing about that for the rest of his life," She told him, her tone somewhat amused as she reached forward and picked up her own glass of water. Taking a hearty sip, that had been somewhat more difficult than she expected. If she was going to get used to using her magic here, then she really was going to have to do a little more training.

WC: 595 Total WC: 16,357

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Sat May 22, 2021 11:29 pm

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

Colter was taken aback by the display of what seemed to be mind control, and he found himself completely amused by the way that Daphne seemed to manipulate the poor fellow that he had singled out earlier. It was a dangerous power that she wielded, but it was one that she was correct about. Velvet Reign would welcome her with open arms if they knew of even a fraction of what her abilities did. Although he wasn't completely sure about what her magic did, he was impressed to say the least. Perhaps if he was a weaker willed man, he'd have immediately began to distrust her.

Fortunately, or unfortunately given your perspective, Colter was as stubborn as they came. Besides, the only thing on his mind from her little display was figuring out all of the naughty little applications for her magic that she might not have yet realized that she possessed. She seemingly had the ability to allow other's desires to be manifested. He knew she didn't explain her powers nor did she showcase to him anything concrete. But alas he loved the display. He applauded his date with a smirk upon his face as she sent away the buffoon whom mistook him for the King of Commons.

"A very amusing ability, I can see the potential in that. My employers will be vastly interested in seeing what more you can provide. Though they are not alone in that anticipation.." The waitress returned, handing the pair their drinks before walking off again to help another table. She was able to tell that the pair weren't quite ready to order food just yet. Colter meanwhile found himself pondering her abilities before grew a larger smile than he had currently. Seemingly brimming with a positive aura that flowed through him violently.

"I've decided. You can use your ability on me when you return from your trip. If you use it often here, then you will be capable of growing strong enough to fend off whatever is hindering your abilities..." He had made sure not to question her powers, since she wanted to play the game of hide the info. Instead of the much more entertaining hide the... ahem. Regardless, he kept his focus squarely on assisting her and her abilities. Colter needed to train his own abilities as well, but he didn't have any handicaps here in the Avalon Islands.

"Consider it the first step in establishing a realm of trust between us." It seemed as though that statement held more weight than he might have let on. It was as though he was taking a free gamble with his life in order to prove to her his worthiness. It was a total power move on his part, despite the dangerous nature of submitting oneself to a completely unknown and potentially life altering magical ability. He simply had far too much confidence in himself and in her. It was his way of saying that he could put his faith in her. A total stranger.

As though he was letting her know she proved herself to him, even if that was not her intention.

{ @Daphne | 522 | 16,879 }

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Sun May 23, 2021 12:17 am

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne reached up, brushing a loose strand from her face, lowering her glass back onto the table. Once she had got her magic going, it hadn't been too hard to maintain, but now that she had relaxed again she could feel the effects of resisting Avalon Islands natural energies. Returning her attention to Colty, she smiled at his display of appreciation. Albeit not entirely surprised, it was dark magic, powerful yet dangerous. Not to be used lightly. It had been for that reason that she had merely made the man see Colty as royalty, but she could have just as easily made him do worse. People forget themselves in dreams, inhibitions faded, desires amplified, it was a sentiment to the rich complexities of the mind. Exploring that part of a person meant to see all of them, witnessing truths that lay under the surface, enveloping yourself in their thoughts, and twisting them as you pleased.

Still, it gladdened her to see that Colty remained undeterred by her magical display, to know what she could do and be no less interested in her company. "Thank you, I will do my best not to disappoint." She told him, satisfied that she had given him enough information to prove she was a worthy associate for the faction. As the waitress arrived, Daphne would thank her for the drink, taking the cocktail and help herself to the deceitfully fruity beverage. Its cool sweetness tickling her tastebuds in such a refreshing manner that she would hum a sound of enjoyment after swallowing her sip.

Licking the residue of alcohol from her lips, Daphne would raise her brows in surprise at Colty's offer. It wasn't often that she ever found anyone willing to partake in the practice of her magic. She wondered if he really understood the ramifications of doing so, to let her into his head in such a way. Was he not concerned about what she might see? The truths she might learn? Or perhaps Colty had no truths to be ashamed of. "Are you sure you want to do that? It's incredibly invasive magic." She told him, sexual attraction aside, as a person she found that she liked Colter. He was funny, friendly and impressively clever. Daphne had always made it a habit not to use her magic unnecessarily, especially not on people she got along with. It was a skill reserved for her enemies or people she had no feeling toward.

"Trust?" She repeated softly, it was a strange concept to her. Outside of the witch community, Daphne had never met anyone she felt worthy of trust. But still, Colter seemed exceptionally keen on pulling her into the world of Velvet Reign. His determination and relentless efforts were admirable, she'd give him that. Still, she had to ask the question that floated at the forefront of her mind. "How can you be so sure that I'm a trustworthy person?" It wasn't a question asked with malice or teasing, but an honest desire to know what drove him to put such faith in her. To trust a stranger, a witch no less, someone who so clearly had more walls around herself than the Englorian Royal palace.

WC: 533 Total WC: 17,412

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Sun May 23, 2021 7:55 am

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

"More of that unpredictability truly. Some people would consider it recklessness, but it's the price of doing business. Everything that I do requires me to trust in strangers, beautiful. Any information I get is basically hearsay, I could be sent into an ambush by thieves and cutthroats at any moment. But if I don't have a bit of faith, I'd never make it anywhere." He decided to just give her the full on truth of the situation. He didn't want there to be any misunderstandings or misgivings on his part. But his trusting in her was still far more potent than just doing his job.

He made sure to phrase it in a nonchalant manner just so that she didn't think that he was trying to hard to impress her. He didn't want to come across as desperate or anything. He might have been a cool and collected individual, but he still had his own insecurities that he had to wrestle with. Those demons lurked within every corner of his mind and his self loathing had long since been kept in check. At least on the surface. "So to be blunt. I put my life in your hands because I know that you won't kill me. You don't seem the type to destroy the things you're interested in. Doesn't matter if you're trustworthy or not. I know you're a logical woman."

It was a gamble, of course. But he did wish to bring up the fact that he didn't think that someone that cared so much about knowledge would immediately destroy a potential test subject. Which was what he was volunteering for. He wasn't afraid of her magic, regardless. Fear was an important tool to keep you alive, but the only use he found in fear was overcoming it. Soon the pair would see the waitress return, placing each of their ordered drinks down in front of the duo. She'd smile and nod before slipping her hands behind her back once more. Speaking to who she could only assume was a couple with a large smile on her face.

"Are you two ready to order?" Colter finally broke his eye-contact with Daphne for the first time since he had entered the establishment, casting a glance over towards the waitress for the first time. "I'll take the grilled Rainbow Tiger Shark with the garnish. That will be all, as you can see I brought my own dessert."  He stated with a smirk as his eyes drifted back over towards Daphne. A smirk on his face once more. His entire demeanor was far more true to himself now that the pair had spent a good chunk of the day together. He didn't have to present a stoic front.

Once she proved intriguing to him, he was fully invested in their future interactions.  "You are both a very attractive couple." The waitress commented after reading into Colter's statement.  Turning her attention towards Daphne. "And for the lady? The waitress was willing to wait for Daphne to look over the menu, though she had assumed that by now the pair had already looked them over extensively.  Colter waited for Daphne as well. He wanted to see what she was going to order. The price didn't matter of course, but he wondered just how expensive her tastes actually ran. At least with food.

{ @Daphne | 558 | 17,970}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Sun May 23, 2021 12:25 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

The witch would find herself pleasantly surprised by his answer, he was a risk-taker as a part of his job. So his decision to trust her was all in a days work, a reassuring notion to consider. Daphne nodded, "I suppose that makes sense," She smiled, listening further as he went on to state his expectation of her. The girl tilted her head, "You don't think I'd kill you huh, that's quite the gamble there." She laughed, eyes narrowing slightly as she pondered something.

She cocked her head to the side, "What are Velvet Reigns views on murder? Even in the case of self-defence," She would ask, curious about the guild's rules on the matter. It was an important distinction, one she would prefer to know in advance. Daphne wasn't one for killing but that didn't mean her slate was entirely clean either, sometimes, there were things worse than death. And as a witch, she was all too familiar with such horrors.

As the waitress returned to take their order, Daphne quickly glanced down, doubled checking the options to make sure that she was sure of what she wanted. She smirked at the page as she heard Colty's order, always the opportunist it seemed. She made no comment at the reference to them as a couple instead completing quick skim of the pages, following this she would look up to meet the waitresses gaze, "Are the fishcakes made in house?" She would ask, to which she would receive a nod.

Daphne responded with a jovial gasp, clapping her hands together, "In that case, I'll have the Haddock fish cakes and tomato salad, also can I request some diced avocado as a side?" She would ask, closing her menu and handing it to the woman. The fishcakes weren't the most expensive item on the menu, and whilst she had considered ordering the lobster, her choice had been a mixture of tactical thinking coupled with her own genuine likes. She had no idea what might happen after this, so she didn't want to stuff herself with something heavy. The fishcakes, whilst delicious were just the right amount of light and filling. An ideal choice for a date.

WC: 365 Total WC: 18,335

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Sun May 23, 2021 1:14 pm

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

He didn't notice her choice being tactical, he merely thought that she enjoyed fishcakes. Which, while he agreed, they didn't seem to be the kind of meal that he'd assume she'd go for. Perhaps she was still doing the thing she had done earlier. Where she wanted to prove that she didn't need his help financially. He could respect that. Even as he was reading into the situation.  Oddly enough, he hadn't ordered the shark for nothing. Everyone knows what they about shark fin soup, he had a similar outcome in mind.  Though he wasn't quite sure why she ordered a normal Haddock, when there were rarer and more... magical versions of that fish on the menu. In any case, he decided it was best to answer her inquiry. The waitress departing.

"From what I have observed so far, there are no explicit guidelines regarding acts of murder. Though discretion is usually the role for most crimes. Anything that could come back to look negatively on the guild is often not tolerated. So as long as you are... discreet. It shouldn't be an issue." He smirked for a moment as he pondered why she would ask him about such a thing. But he had murdered plenty of bandits and criminals during his time within the guild, often without any hesitation. He had never murdered a client before, however. But he figured that if he completed a contract and then said client held no further use due to being a scumbag, they could be taken out as well.

He decided to continue speaking of the guild. "We do tend to care more about our self image more so than anything else. I someday hope that I can secure the right to lead the faction, but if that goal is not achieved I won't be too disappointed. I think we have a lot of potential to do real good and lead to real change. But, it all depends on how the faction operates.."  He gave her some insight into one of his goals. It was a genuine answer, though it wasn't the most important thing that he wanted out of this life. It was merely something nice to think about. Something that was achievable in his own mind. Still, he smiled towards her and asked her a question now.  "Any particular reason as to why you wanted to know?"  

He thought to himself and added, "If you're worried about losing control of your magic and hurting someone, I was serious about my offer to train."  

{ @Daphne | 423 | 18,758}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Sun May 23, 2021 2:32 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

So it was a matter of discretion, Daphne would taking another sip of her drink, giving herself a moment to chew this over. It wasn't that she had expected Velvet Reign to be entirely above board, being a Neutral faction and all. But it was surprising to hear him be so forward with it, then again he was trying to recruit her. As he continued, she would nod in understanding, it made a lot of sense really. That a guild built on the foundation of accumulating money would focus more so on the maintenance of a good reputation. His aspiration to lead the guild would cause  her eyes to widen in surprise, "The Faction Leader of Velvet Reign, that would be the achievement."

She considered how best to answer him, trying to find a way to describe things that wouldn't break any rules. Information that he could easily find himself per see, "Control isn't really my issue, I assure you. There are, however... rules that I must abide by; Eldritch rules. What is taken must be paid for. For many of our kind, to wield the power that we can we must give up something of great value. The greater the sacrifice, the greater the reward and killing without giving something in exchange can have... dire consequences for those of us who follow this practice. I'm sure I can make it work, it just helps to be aware in advance. So I can prepare myself in case I need to make any offerings." She explained matter of factly. The laws of balance, of equivalent exchange, were important to her kind. Especially to one raised by such devout followers as herself. Her magic was special, and if she didn't play by the rules, she could be stripped of it completely.

The devilish air of flirtation flickering across her features once more, having suddenly decided to steer the conversation back into a more playful route. "But back to your earlier statement, about how you aspire to lead Velvet Reign. Were you to achieve your goal, that would surely mean that one day you could very well be my boss. Perhaps I should proceed a little more respectably, I wouldn't want you to think I'm garnering for any special treatment." She learned in, intertwining her fingers, she looked up at him. "Not that you're making it easy for me, but you knew that didn't you." Her eyes glinted with a challenging air, she would draw her eyes downward, reaching forward she would reach out. Pushing one of her manicured fingers through the illusionary fabric that was the arm of his suit, running her nail along the skin of his arm slowly.

WC: 448 Total WC: 18,783

[Handed in as Adept Quest, -10,000 words, new word count 8,783]

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Sun May 23, 2021 3:04 pm

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

He noted that she was still in a playful mood and had he been a far more insecure man, he'd have thought that she was only flirting with him as a deflection. As a means to guard herself from talking about things that truly mattered to her. No, he knew that her flirtations came from a genuine place. But he didn't think that she would become so bold, especially given the fact that she had been pushing and pulling him so frantically this entire time. But he wasn't the kind of man that would complain about being blessed with a little attention. The fact that she was now running her finger along his arm caused his eyebrow to perk for a moment.  He didn't comment on her Eldritch rules. He had no reason to think she was lying given how staunchly she withheld info from him.

"Heh, well. Even if I were to become your boss I wouldn't immediately be taken aback by your lack of respect. You are correct in your assessment that you'd receive special treatment. But you quite the mischievous temptress. It'd be a double edged sword. Special treatment-" He turned his hand at the table and reached out to hold the underside of her hand, raising it up to face level, leaning forward just enough so that he could place his lips against the back of her outstretched hand. His palm underneath her own. "-brings with it... special punishment." He told her in a fairly calm voice as water slithered out of his palm and around her wrist, creating what could only appear to be an ornate bracelet attacked to a chain.

Releasing her hand, he'd lightly tug on the chain, which would in kind pull her arm very gently in his direction, though it wouldn't feel as though an object was forcing her to do so. He'd then dissipate the entire construct and gaze into her eyes.  "I'm sure we could put our vastly intelligent minds together and get creative on the matter. It would assuredly keep things balanced, then you'd have no reason to feel bad about not being treated fairly." Was it a good idea to just flat out tell her that he was going to punish her in sensual ways if he was her superior? Probably not, but Colter had never met someone as direct as Daphne. Well, as direct as Daphne had been appearing. Something about her screamed danger to him. But he was a fan of the phrase "What's up danger?"

"Oh dear, you've exposed that I'm not like most fairies."  He was very concise with his statement before he turned the conversation back on herself. Using a similar line of logic. "Assuredly you have your own goals in mind? Something in this world you wish to accomplish? Or are you more so a free spirit, just wandering from place to place?" He could see her being a mix of both, but he couldn't see her as being the latter fully. Due to the fact that she seemed to pursue knowledge with an insatiable glee. Something that he had paid close attention to. He figured that if she was going to be so... flirty with him. He was going to do something similar in kind. "You fascinate me, so I want nothing more than to comprehend your... goals."

{ @Daphne | 559 | 9,342}

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next