Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Avalon Heat [Colter] WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» reminiscent: personified spirit panfandom
by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:40 am

» Lusamine
by Lusamine Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:09 pm

» A Dangerous Game {Closed/Tag: Kiigan}
by Kiigan Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:42 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Kiigan Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 am

» A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]
by Katsumi Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
No user

Donations

Avalon Heat [Colter]

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Avalon Heat [Colter] Empty Avalon Heat [Colter]

Post by Daphne Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:37 pm

Daphne

got too much dirt to come clean, closets full of skeletons that you don't
wanna see. Will you judge me? All my ugly? I won't blame you if you do
Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Any day was a good day to be on Avalon Island.

At least this was very much the opinion of a certain rosette locked witch, one that currently lay stretched out across a sun-lounger on the beaches of Avalon Island. For the parts of her not concealed by a two-piece floral bikini, the glorious rays would warm her smooth creamy skin, the shimmer of oils and protective lotions bouncing off her thighs with the twinkling effect of a good photo filter. Not that she could really enjoy that, her signal always got a little crummy when she was away from Rivengate, Avalon Island was at least a little more technologically advanced than the main island of the Mirinah region but still, it sure left her wanting. Exposed to the modern life of Rivengate sure opened your eyes to how slow the rest of the world felt in comparison. She rarely even bothered to take her mobile into the mainland, the thing was practically dead in that unnecessarily archaic region. Heknys forbid Otherworld Technology be seen as a benefit as opposed to something to be feared. Still, it was just something she was used to, and she didn't really need her phone right now, because she was on holiday. Sort of.

She actually needed to head to the mainland soon to do some work, her savings were thinning drastically and monster hunting wasn't really a thing in Rivengate. There was only so much taxi-ing a girl could do before she went a little stir crazy. So to make some real money, she planned to head toward Dianalor Plains and see what she could hunt. However, somehow that intention had brought her here, a brief respite before going on her way. This was fine wasn't it? Maybe she could pick up a hostess gig or something to cover the trip. Then if push came to shove, if she still ran short, it wasn't like she didn't have other means of getting a little extra cash. Although she preferred not to use her magic if she had to.

Daphne would sit up, stretching her arms above her contently. She would reach out toward the table beside her lounger, fingers clasping the cool glass. She would bring the straw to her lips, taking a sip only to hear the disappointing rattle of liquid dregs and ice. She pulled the empty beverage away and sighed, climbing off of the lounger, she would slip on her sandals before making her way toward the nearest beachside bar. Leaning across the counted, she placed her glass down, beaming her pearly white at the bartender. "Another refill please, Pina Colada, put it on my tab." She told them confidently, How much was her tab now? She thought about it for a moment but she couldn't remember. Oh well, I deal with it when it comes...

WC: 476  Tag: @Colter Gage

Daphne
Daphne

VylderGold : 127848

Back to top Go down

Avalon Heat [Colter] Empty Re: Avalon Heat [Colter]

Post by Colter Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:56 pm

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

One would imagine that the Avalon Islands would be teaming with unexplored ruins and hidden potential treasures, but if that was the case, Colter had yet to see those fruits yield. He was getting sick and tired of waiting around for the Guild to put up interesting requests and if he had to cover one more shop, he was certain he'd toss himself right into the sea. Not that his guardian spirit would allow him to take such drastic measures.

Normally he'd be laughing at his circumstances, but even a man of his impressively high tolerance had their limitations. Things were starting to blur together here. Faces, names and quests. All blended into a unrecognizable mash of mediocrity. There were many opportunities that would allow the man to grow in influence within his faction, but in order to achieve such gains he knew that he'd have to sacrifice a bit of his sanity. That was the primary reason that led him to the beach. He wanted to blow off some steam and snogle the tourists, though such behavior wasn't at the highest priority for the great and powerful treasure hunter.

No, the only thing on his mind was imbibing more of those human drinks again. It still amused him that he had tried alcohol for the first time not too long ago, perhaps only a month or two before today. He wasn't exactly the best at holding down his liquor, but it helped him out whenever he had some of those darker thoughts creep into his head.

He had been at the beachside bar for quite some time at this point. Peering over the selection of drinks without pause, causing the bartender to be rather irritated with the usually decisive magic-user. In honest, Colter couldn't be upset with the man for rushing him. He had been unable to make a selection for a good twenty minutes by this point... and every time it seemed like he was about to order he'd merely state that he 'changed his mind'. It was honestly enough to cause anyone to succumb to their more violent impulses. Though hope peered down from the heavens above and a selection most definitely was to be made.

Especially now that a mysterious, yet ravishing, stranger had seemingly made his choice for him. Even if she wasn't aware of it just yet.

Colter listened to the woman as she spoke, allowing himself to become familiar to her pitch, cadence, octave and the melody of her speech. Using this knowledge in combination to attempt and discern if he could see what region of the world she held from. Even though the likelihood of his uncultured arse coming to that conclusion was highly unlikely. Especially since he had spent his time in all but two populated locations by this point.

"You are certainly well spoken and a long way from home. I'll get you this round, consider it a welcome to Avalon." He might not have been from here, but he was still practically a local by this point.

He'd peer over towards the bartender, who'd merely grumble at this point and fix her drink.

Turning his attention back towards the lovely newcomer, he looked her over to see if she had anything of value on her person. Though from what he could tell at the moment, if she did he'd not be able to find it. This normally would have caused the money-hungry man to frown, but he was distracted by something entirely different at this particular moment.

Not that he could pinpoint what exactly that something was.

"My name is Colter Gage, Velvet Reign Novice. A pleasure to make your acquaintance." He spoke with complete confidence... for about two seconds. Immediately starting to chuckle into his hand as he realized how incredibly lame his introductions were. Especially since he didn't have any ulterior motives for this interesting individual whom he had just attempted to flatter.

"Uhh... just call me Colty." He stifled a laugh as he turned away from the woman and started to analyze the shelves of drinks once more. He had forgotten to order his drink.

Back to square one.

@Daphne
{ 693 | 693 }

Colter
Colter

VylderGold : 10312

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:57 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne hadn't been paying particular attention to anyone else at the bar, so she hadn't actually been trying to have a drink bought for her. Although that wasn't a bad idea now that she considered it, albeit it was a bit late to try seeing as the offer had already been made. However she was by no means a woman to turn down a free beverage, so when the offer came she would turn to the man, an appreciative smile on her lips. The first thing she noticed was the man's eyes, they were utterly striking. Pools of turquoise so intense in their hue that they might pierce your very soul. Heck, she knew a woman or two who would kill their sisters to claim such eyes for themselves. Prettier than some of the worlds shiniest jewels. Following this initial observation, there were a few other things she picked up on; his attractive features, the few inches that he had on her and snowy-white hair right down to his lashes.

"Why thank you, treated by a handsome stranger on such a lovely day. Mmm, what a lucky girl I am." She remarked, her tone was playful but not overly flirtatious, more like she was recognising her own situation. She turned to face him properly, deciding to see if the man was entertaining enough to chat to a little longer. There was no obligation to talk to him, but she lacked company and he did have pretty eyes after all. A spot of chit chat, and if he bored her, she would simply thank him again and return to her spot on the beach. He would introduce himself, mentioning the local faction that Avalon was known for before chuckling to himself. All the while her ambers eyes watched him with intrigue, just what was that? She would wonder, as he offered a nickname and turned away from her. Her eyes glanced down at herself, well she was rather scantily clad, but no more so than anyone else on this beach. Had that been what had flustered him?

"Colty, huh. Cute. I'm Daphne Ravenwood. And yes I am a ways from home, or rather my childhood home, it seems all my time in the Free Lands couldn't quite mask the Shamble twang."  She mused with a light laugh that echoed his own, as the Bartender handed over her drink. She would pull it toward her, leaning in and taking a small sip. That same delicious sweet tang of the fruity alcohol giving her the briefest of pleasures. She swallowed the liquid, before addressing the man again. Testing the conversational waters, "You know I don't believe I've met anyone from Velvet Reign before, in fact, I don't know much about your faction at all. Except that you guys are big on making money, is that it? Or do you have anything more exciting going on?"

WC: 1651  Tag: @Colter Gage

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:02 am

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

He noted that she considered him to be handsome, which was humorous to Colter since he hadn't had the best track record with women. The moment anyone found out he was a Fae, they seemed to overlook his more masculine qualities. Which was a minor inconvenience that he hoped to overcome. The disrespect that Pixies garnered was unnecessary. Luckily he was far larger than most others of his ilk. Not that he was insecure about what he was. It was nothing more than a mere annoyance he contended with on a semi-regular basis.

So this was a rather refreshing conversation, despite its brevity thus far.

He wasn't surprised that someone so physically attractive would also have an attractive name. He had never heard of the Ravenwood family nor had heard anything about the Shamble, but he didn't showcase this apparent lack of knowledge on his face. Instead he adopted a look that was a mix between genuine interest and sly amusement. As though he were a fox-faced individual. The fact that she considered herself lucky, even if it were a mere over-exaggeration, caused the man to wink in response.

His nickname was Lucky, after-all.

It was enough to allow the man to settle in. Perhaps she was genuinely interested in talking with him? How delightful. He knew that most tourists didn't actually appreciate being bothered during their oh-so-precious vacations. So he made it a point to give them a wide breadth normally. He found her question to be humorous, despite the fact that she was likely serious. He'd turn back to face the desirable gal, smirking all the while. He thought of how to best address her question... though it wasn't something that he could answer so casually. Especially given the fact that he was still a rather new addition to the Velvet Reign family himself.

"While it is true that our... mission statement is centered around the acquisition of wealth. This wealth is reflected by each member's own interpretation of what that might be. While directly making VylderGold is important, lost relics, rare animal materials, forgotten knowledge and secrets all have value as well. All of these things can contribute to one's over-all wealth. In a manner of speaking." He tried his best to explain how he saw the faction at the very least. He himself was far more focused on garnering objects that looked like they'd be worth a lot of money.

Even if they weren't in reality.

"What faction are you apart of, Ms. Ravenwood? What kind of things would you consider to be more exciting by your standards?" He developed a far more relaxed stance as he continued to face his newfound companion fully. He wasn't exactly dressed to be on a beach, but his outfit did denote that he had already acquired a fair bit of wealth from his short time with Velvet Reign.

He hadn't exactly had time to meet any of the other factions, nor did he really go out of his way to do so either. Colter wasn't the kind of man that allowed himself to be dragged into the problems of other people, unless there was a healthy commission attached onto it. He was a straight forward man that knew what he wanted and went out of his way to achieve those goals, no matter what.

{ @Daphne | 2207 }

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:52 am

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne would hang on his words, much to her surprise his answer was much more interesting than she initially expected. Her eyes sparkled, and instinctively she would lean in closer, "Forgotten knowledge you say, anything you can share with little ol' me." She would reach up, brushing the strands of her from her face as she looked up at him. Money, whilst useful wasn't something that Daphne craved as much as others. Beyond having enough for a comfortable living and whilst she did enjoy shopping and the luxuries of the Modern Rivengate lifestyle, that was no nearly enough to sate her. Knowledge, however, that and secrets as he had so casually put it. Now that was something worth her attention. Enough that she would reach behind her and grab the nearest barstool. Settling into it before quickly returning her attention back to him, eager to her more.

"Oh no, I'm not a part of a faction. Adventurer's guild, yes, but that's about it." The question that follow would summon the briefest of smirks to stretch across her lips.  "Oh," She began softly, "Would you really like to know?" Her voice slightly teasing, eyes glancing away in somewhat coquettish manner, as she considered how she would answer if she was to be honest. The things she found exciting, now that was quite the topic. Not one for sharing with a stranger, even one as pretty as him. "Just normal stuff, I suppose. Girlish fun," She finished casually, turning away to take a sip of her drink. She was purposefully downplaying the truth, of course. Plus it was fun to be a tease sometimes, even if many frowned upon it. After the sip, Daphne would pause, remembering something, her playful smile faltering slightly.

"I'm a witch you know." She told him suddenly, her eyes moving to his, she would watch his expression carefully. "Does that bother you? That I'm an Eldritch?" She asked, deciding it was better to reveal this piece of information instead. To see if he would dismiss her because of her race or whether he would still be interested in talking to her. She was quite enjoying the conversation thus far, but regardless of whether he had information or was entertaining, Daphne's pride wouldn't tolerate the company of the man who would reject her kind. She knew better than the let this engagement drag on for too long before revealing what she was, based on prior experience. Memories of a particular poor date with a human man who didn't know she was Eldritch and began to badmouth her kind in front of her, made her cautious on that front.

WC: 440 Total WC: 2647  
Tag: @Colter Gage

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:20 am

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

She had asked him about the forgotten knowledge and if he had any to spare. "I could share with you of course, but in my business you'd need to pay first. Though fortunately I take any form of payment, not just money." It was a hint that if she wanted to know things, then she'd have to spend some time with him. As the saying goes, time is money. That being said, he took a moment to process the whole of everything else that she had shared with him. He wondered why she didn't represent any of the major factions within the guild. Perhaps she didn't see the merit within the groups? Time would tell. Though her admission to being a witch brought a smile to his face.

Especially since she wasn't apart of Red Scorpius.

His face took on a more serious demeanor and his body posture shifted to reflect this as well. For once he wasn't smirking in any capacity, as though he was taking the time to seriously mull over the details of what she had exposed of herself. She was a Witch... an Eldritch. They were meant to be those who had fallen away, individuals whom were the embodiment of all things ill in this world. Or so the rumors said. He hadn't much time to get to know the majority of them and he was pretty sure that even if a great number of them wished to conflict with the rest of the races, they weren't exactly killing those races on masse.

There were a lot of issues that came with those people. As a Fae, it was his duty to make sure that any affront to nature be dealt with in a manner fitting the crime. If he recalled correctly, witches were an especially dire lot. Often known to sacrifice their own humanity for power. Such beliefs often bred distrust within social circles. How could you put your faith in someone that could at any time sell you out just to improve their own lot in life.

How could you let your guard down around individuals that likely would exploit you?

"Well, I mean. If we had a child they'd be a Witch instead of a Fae. But I don't think I'd mind that too much so... no. I don't exactly care what you are." He dropped the serious act and began to chuckle once more. It was clear that he didn't care in the slightest. She hadn't proven herself to be an enemy to him.

If anything she had proven herself to be desirable.

"I care about the quality of your character more so than your race. I was raised by a Human father and a Fae mother. I don't judge people beyond that. We all have things in life we desire, we all have our vices. Even I do, as a Fae." He stated in a calm voice, allowing for a singular wing to flutter up, specifically the one that wasn't near the bar top.

It looked drastically similar to that of a blue morpho butterfly's wing, though it was a lighter shade of blue and seemed far more pristine. As though he took care of himself well. He'd let his wing beat once before it folded back down. If it wasn't apparent before, he didn't showcase to her any hostility what-so-ever. Perhaps it was due to the greater ignorance that he possessed about the conflict. Though it was more than likely closely tied to his disinterest in these sort of racial politics altogether.

"I hope that doesn't bother you, Ms. Ravenwood."

{ @Daphne | 3247 }

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:04 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne would chuckle at his bartering, not entirely surprised that such information would come at a price. "Spoken like a true tradesmen," She quipped, pondering the suggestiveness of his comment. She didn't think that he was implying that, if he was he certainly was upfront about it. No, she was sure he meant other things, but just what could Daphne offer him. "Well, I guess I'll just have to see if I have anything that you might want, hmmm?" She cocked her head at him, pondering just how much he might have that she wanted. Secrets were all well and good, but some secrets have very little value to them at all. Heck, he might just be toying with her, maybe he didn't have anything useful to offer her after all. Still, she had free time either way.

The act of revealing her race to him had risks, she knew that. Not a dangerous risk, well not mostly. She doubted that he would take her admission as a threat and decide to attack, not in such an open place. Then again who knew, she knew very little about the white haired stranger, maybe he was a Eldritch hating psychopath. His expression was more serious before, and he seem to be considering her answer. All the while Daphne would remain rather stiff, the fingers of her left hand idly stirring the straw in her drink. There was lots of different types of answers she expected might come from him, perhaps he would casually dismiss it. Perhaps he would get uncomfortable and make an excuse to leave. Perhaps he was an Eldritch himself, although he certainly didn't give off the aura of one.

What she did not expect, was the answer he gave.

Her expression was blank for a moment, as she took in what he said. Then after a moment, her lips would curl upwards, her free hand would rise to cover her face as she began to laugh. A genuine, hearty laugh erupting from her as she was filled with relief. For him to use it as a chat up line, that she had not expected. After she settled, she would look at him once, her demeanour much more at ease, "Well as long as they have your eyes," She commented in return, "You’re funny Colty, I like that."

Still that was interesting indeed, a Fae of all things. She never would have guessed, especially not so far from Ilyanor. In her life Daphne had met very few Gaiyans, they were rare in the Shambles and even rarer in Rivendale. From what she understood, Gaiyans were the most natural of beings to belong to this world, the one's most in tuned with the powers here. In Rivengate, the concrete jungle that it was, you didn't often find creatures like that. Still it wasn't completely surprising to find one of Avalon Island, but in Velvet Reign? He was proving to be more fascinating than she expected.

"Not at all, I've never met a Fae. That's a beautiful wing you have,"

WC: 506 Total WC: 3753
Tag: @"Colter Gage"

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:01 pm

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

She definitely had a slew of things she could offer, though he wouldn't allow himself to fixate on that specific bargain. It was likely a trap given that so far the beauty had proven that she knew how to be a tease. He had picked up on such behaviors, given his own mastery of playing games with others, though he wasn't able to distinguish if she was truly messing with him for the pure joy of it. Or if she was actually interested in some small capacity. It was harder to figure out than many people would believe.  Though he did find it humorous that she gave him a compliment as a tradesman. "Ah..." He took the time to hear her out.

The fact that she didn't immediately reject his flirtation, even though it was perhaps the most blunt way he could have done so, caused a smile to creep upon his face. She didn't seem to shy away from his strange nature nor did she shame him immediately upon finding out that he was a Fae. She complimented his wings and it might have caused a blush on his face if he were capable of such reactions. Unfortunately, he wasn't on account of the fact that he figured she was merely having a healthy laugh. No harm, no foul. Peering into her eyes and gazing upon her with a more analytical intention. He decided to respond to her finally.

"My eyes and your beauty? A truly unfair composition. Though I am sure we can keep trying until one develops the eyes."

He'd smirk for a moment. "Curious as to why I am in Velvet Reign if you've never met a Fae, no doubt? Given the stereotypes about the Gaiyan, you might think I'd be off protecting a puddle or something. But I prefer to protect a far more precious resource. Gemstones, gold, silver all of it. Anything that is shiny and beautiful. Best way to do that is to work with the people who have the largest amount of such things. Because they have a perceived value by the general population." He puffed his chest out a bit as he spoke. He wanted to clarify to her exactly what it was he did here.

He was a greedy little snot but it had nothing to do with wanting to wear the best clothes or own the largest properties.

"I am self-classified as a Relic Hunter, we mostly take retrieval requests. Since I need to delve into places like ruins and cave systems often. It's a dirty job that I figure most within Velvet Reign wouldn't want to be apart of. But with it comes access to each of those various types of wealth I told you about earlier. Just to find the location of some of these... ruins. You have to exploit the knowledge you have, leverage it for more knowledge. Some people want their palms greased with trinkets or gold and other's want favors.."  Favors in his opinion where the most valuable commodity that a person could have.

Nothing like a binding contract based wholly on an exchange of services to get the blood pumping.

"Essentially. Just to get to where I need to go in order to do my job, I might have to dip my hand into other types of requests first. Like prerequisites before the ultimate pay out. But I assure you, it is always worth it. Everything works in tandem. Those who want to succeed within Velvet Reign understands that above all else." He saw the world in his own unique way of course, but he found some of his view points to be self-evident.

"Use a faction for your own ends, never let their goals define you as an Adventurer. At least that is how I see it."

He paused briefly, rubbing the back of his head. "I don't normally ramble like this, apologies."

{ @Daphne | 4404 }

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:46 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne let out another light laugh, enjoying the comment he made in response to her compliment. Daphne was never one to back down from a good flirt if the other person was charming enough. And charming he was, that much was clear. She wouldn't deny that she liked the attention he was giving her, and flattery was always welcomed by the Pinkette.

He would proceed to explain his situation, there was no doubt that he must get that often. The mild confusion over his race coupled with his faction membership - seeing as it wasn't something folks came across often. Then again as an Eldritch, she couldn't pretend to know anything substantial about the Gaiyan race, nor their traditions. Throughout her entire life, as far as she knew Gaiyans could become Eldritch if they 'fell from grace'. Whatever the void that meant. She had heard theories, but a lot of them were a little more pro-eldritch in nature. And whilst she may have been a proud witch through and witch, she didn't know whether to believe if the Gaiyans becoming an Eldritch was 'accepting of their truest self' as some of her kind believed.

He would explain that his particular interest was in gemstones, gold and silver. A curious answer for one of his nature. Wasn't greed a sin? Or perhaps sins had nothing to do with 'falling from grace', it was an interesting thought. What if all the stories were wrong, what if it wasn't doing bad things that brought you into the life of an Eldritch. Who knew. It was just exciting to think about, to consider the options.

Colty would go on to describe himself as a 'Relic Hunter' and describe the sorts of expeditions he went on and how it all worked. During which Daphne would listen to him keenly, continuing to polish off her drink until by the time he finished it was almost ready for a refill. She shook her head as he apologised, "Don't be sorry, it was really interesting and informative. I like listening to people, hearing their stories and learning about their lives." She admitted, sitting back slightly. "Velvet Reign sounds quite appealing I'll admit, I've never considered joining a faction. I never really knew much about them, except you know... rumours and tall tales." There was also the fact that her family didn't particularly enjoy her current lifestyle as it was. How much she had separated herself from her fellow witches, choosing to live in Rivengate, to live a modern life influenced by Otherworlders. To join a faction too, cementing that rebellion as a career. That might tip them over the edge, then again, was that such a bad thing?

"So did you grow up in Ilyanor then?" She asked, knowing that as the mainland and home for Gaiyans.

WC: 468 Total WC: 4872

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:06 pm

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

Her desire to acquire knowledge seemed to about more than just the most useful of information. She listened well and it was enough for Colter to understand that her skills in observation where not be trifled with. Perhaps if she was speaking to a normal person, they'd not obsess over such little details. But Colter was the furthest possible thing from normal. That much didn't even need to be tested. "Probably? I don't know much about geography unfortunately. Odd considering I am Relic Hunter, but I mostly just hire a navigator to handle all of those details. I was raised in a small cottage out in some forest. that's about the long and short of it."

"In all honesty, the only things I know about being a Fae come straight from my mother. So I'm not even sure I know anything about Gaiyans. I have only ever met a handful of them anyway. You're the first Eldritch I have met, as well. Plus, I haven't really been anywhere outside of Lyndon Port and some surrounding locations. But I have the inclination to start heading to more places now. So that I can improve my own influence within the guild and have access to more... wealth. " It was likely clear that he wasn't talking about money.

He adjusted himself in his seat and flashed her a smile, his eyes seemingly shimmering as his ring began to come to light with a glow. "But I am sure that when you let me take you out on a date later, we can talk more about myself. What I am more curious about is you. What were the shambles like?" He angled his hand out towards the sea and his eyes would cease glowing afterwards.

He merely summoned his companion, though they were beneath the waves at the moment.

He'd lean against the bar top, looking into her eyes and making sure that he didn't break eye contact no matter the cost. "...and are you still living there?" He was genuinely curious, especially since the pair had established that she was far away from home at the current moment.

He also wanted to make sure that he could eventually bring up what rumors she had heard about his faction later. It wasn't a big deal in this current point in time, but it was something that could come back up later. He figured he could always have her stop by the headquarters for a visit should she show a genuine interest in joining up. She certainly had the style and the look of a person that could easily fit within Velvet Reign.

Her being a witch would also be a boon considering he had heard rumors that they were some of the most powerful individuals that could utilize magic across the entire planet.

For now, what was important was figuring out her background. Little did she know, but he was basically interviewing her for the faction now. That wasn't to say that he wasn't actually invested in getting to know her. But to be more specifically, he was trying to see if they would be compatible in the field or not. A lot of that had to deal with figuring out how her belief system worked. Those core values were important.

Life and death weren't distant lovers after-all. Putting your faith into the wrong person could earn you a one way trip to the morgue. A place that Colter had no desire to ever find himself. So now was the time to gather as much information as he possibly could.

Even if he could only gather that information with sight and sound for now.

{ @Daphne | 5483 }

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:50 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

"Oh," Daphne wondered if the question had perhaps been too sensitive, she knew that Gaiyans were mainly from there. But she hadn't considered the possibility that he lived under unique circumstance. It seemed her understanding of Gaiyan life was even less than she expected. Still, looking at his expression, she couldn't really tell if it bothered him. He seemed to not mind it, but then again she didn't really know him well enough to read him. There were other ways to get information out of people, but that was a lot of effort for one small conversation.

"The first Eldritch?" She repeated back to him, placing her hand on her chest, "What an honour, I must do my best to leave a good impression," She jested lightly, adding a quick wink for good measure.

As he remarked about a date and getting to know her better, Daphne would glance away, an amused smirk on her lips. "Such confidence, but I should warn you." She would lean forward, fingers running down his arm with the lightest of touches. "I really, really, like playing hard to get." Her eyes sparkled with daring, truthfully she would love it if he chose to chase her. Nothing was more flattering that having someone work for you, to put in the real grind to win over the possibility of intimacy or more.

She took a moment to consider the question that had followed. The Shambles, what could she say about it, really. The Shambles was a wonderful place, even if she had chosen not to live there. But it was a place where they didn't like outsiders, that was why it was concealed with an enchantment that made it look dreary and desolate. So the witches could keep their magics and their secrets away from those unworthy. Revealing the truth would result in dire consequence for her, a lashing, a hex, perhaps even her tongue being carved from her body. No, she would have to answer him carefully, "It was alright but... well, I don't know if you know about Eldritch beliefs. About our faith, The Order of the Eternal, sometimes it can be a bit... heavy, restrictive even." This was fine, Eldritch religion was common knowledge, and it wasn't a lie. There was a great weight that came with the more intense believers, like Daphne's family. A weight she felt most of her life.

"So I have an apartment in Rivengate now. I really like the Otherworld lifestyle, their technology is just so incredibly fascinating," Her tone would change as she spoke about it, unable to conceal her excitement as she thought about her new life. "It's almost like stepping into another world and they've done so many wonderful things with it, their food, music, the way they get around. Did you know they have this like... box thing, and it records music. Like um, it hears it, and then you can keep the sound. And listen to it whenever you want! It's amazing, I just-" Daphne paused, suddenly away of the passionate nature of which she was talking at him, the lightest flush spreading across her cheeks.

"Oh I'm sorry, it seemed it was my turn to ramble... "

WC: 533 Total WC: 6016

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:17 pm

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

Her playful demeanor brought a smile on his face. She said she'd try to leave a good impression, that was intriguing. Especially since he had heard that most Eldritch were apart of that Red Scorpius faction and from the sound of it... the only impression they left was a hole in face of those who didn't adhere to their ideals. If she was to represent the Eldritch in a wholly unique way when compared to that group, then he'd have to show her how unique he was as well.

He thought on her words and found himself smiling. She stated that she liked to play hard to get, something that he hadn't really equated before. She was a game then? He excelled at games. Skill was often the biggest hurdle when deciding what was hard and what was easy. So if she set her own difficulty at hard, then he'd have to showcase to her that he was someone that usually played his games on veteran difficulty. She had confirmed in his mind that she was a flirt. This was fine, he wondered what kind of curveballs she'd throw his way. She was going to be surprised he wagered. Fae were often full of surprises... and he was perhaps the most surprising Fae of them all.

Though... she didn't exactly say no to his offer, so maybe she was still interested? There was no way of knowing he supposed.

As she spoke he was starting to get the impression that he had engaged in a conversation with emmentaler cheese, on account of all the holes in her explanations. But he figured that it was the same thing that he told her. Information wasn't a free commodity and that went both ways. So he kept the same blank smirk on his face, not showcasing how he felt about her descriptions of her homeland.

Though that all changed the moment she started to talk about Rivengate.

Seeing the genuine joy blossom across her face as she spoke of her new home allowed for Colter's smile to grow itself.

"Fascinating..." He found himself crossing his legs as he looked away from her for the briefest of moments. So that he could point towards one of the bottles that were on the shelve.

It was a strong Brandy, not that he'd know that.

"I'll have to visit. I have seen some tech from there, given that a great deal of artifacts from Rivengate have their own value. Though if this place is so magnificent, why come to Avalon? Assuredly they have beaches in Rivengate?" The concept of the vacation had not yet been inscribed into his mind. Which wasn't an issue.

His curiosity rose with each passing moment that he spent with this woman. Perhaps there was something about her that he hadn't pieced together just yet. So he poured over the facts and determined that there was at least one thing he wanted to know about her. So he phrased his question in a manner that didn't immediately scream that he was probing her for information. Especially given how non-invasive his question happened to be.

"I imagine it wasn't cheap moving from a hidden place to a place brimming with technology from another world. So I imagine your magic helped you earn that money. What exactly is it that you can do?"

She didn't strike him with big terrorist energy, so he doubted she had explosions. But if what he heard about witches was true, whatever her power happened to be. It was probably extremely damaging. This could potentially prove to be a issue should she do something to decimate nature... but it wouldn't have been an issue directly tied to Colter. He wasn't your typical hippy Fae, despite some strong tie he held with nature that made him defend it against his immediate conscious will.

Perhaps through this woman he'd learn a bit more about himself. Something good to do before he had to deal with more members of his faction on a more... direct basis.

{ @Daphne | 6690 }

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:45 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne wasn't one to express herself too freely, normally she was quite good at remaining guarded during a social situation. However, there were always two particular subjects that were likely to cause her to slip into deep discussion and debate. The first was magical knowledge, the second was Otherworlders. And it just so happened that this conversation had steered into the latter. She was slightly embarrassed by her ramble, having gone on about stuff that he didn't really ask about. But fortunately, Colter remained unphased, perhaps even interested in the things she had to say. That was good, and would certainly reflect well on Daphne's current impression of him. She really found it hard to converse with close-minded people, those who couldn't accept that unique knowledge that Otherworlders brought to Vyldermire. As long as Mireans clung to this pathetic territorial phobia of the new and the unknown, it would never truly reach its true potential. That was certainly how Daphne saw it, and it was an opinion few were willing to accept, especially those closest to her.

"Yeah, but the beaches are nicer here, more tropical. Actually I was supposed to be just passing through, a short break before I take a boat to Lyndon Port. Then off to Hoptus forest to farm some monsters. Get a bit of pocket change to set me up over the next few months," She explained  to him. Wondering briefly when she should leave, it might have been that afternoon. Had she not found such a means to entertain herself, at this rate her trip could very well be delayed longer than she thought. "Yeah Rivengate is definitely pricey, on par with Engloria I'd say."

His question about her magic would cause her to pause, now that was something she did consider quite personal. Perhaps a little too personal to share with a stranger, even if he was cute. But she knew that the question itself, or at least she felt like he wasn't prying for any negative reason. So she would give him the best and least invasive answer she could, "Why, Witchcraft, of course. Power passed down from my family, what about you?" She finished, turning the question back onto him. It was brief but she would shift slightly in her seat, displaying a fraction of discomfort. She didn't really enjoy talking about herself, even if it was idle chatter. Essentially harmless in nature. It still set her on edge a little. She much preferred to be the one to listen, the perfect company for a chatterbox, the worst for an interrogator.

WC: 430 Total WC: 7120

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:10 am

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

Colter never interrupted her as she spoke, though he picked up on every subtle movement and reaction that she displayed as she spoke. He was never one to be distracted, which was a problem when in a setting where he needed to split his attention. But that seemed to be the benefit of being the kind of man that was blessed with his unique abilities. He first found himself fascinated by the fact that her description of Rivengate was as bare bones as she could have possibly made it. A reoccurring theme that he had picked up on, yet showed no reaction to. He admired how she guarded even seemingly useless information.

It wasn't something common amongst those in his financial bracket.

He admittance to needing money brought the curl of his lips to even greater heights. As he realized that she did indeed value the luxury afforded too her by her new homeland. It was information that he could utilize in mere moments. Something that would allow him to proposition her to join the most financially secure of factions. She seemed to only have minor issues, but these minor issues could be solved non-the-less by Velvet Reigns deep pockets. He didn't exactly have a chance to mull over how he would bring this information up to her however.

It seemed she wished to move in a manner most vague. Perhaps this was what made her an Eldritch? Having to keep deep-rooted secrets clutched to her chest. She had denied him genuine information thrice now, it was only fair that he did the same in kind.

He wasn't the kind of man to lose his wits due to a pretty face, after-all.

By stating that she partook in witchcraft, it caused for Colter to wink at her before crossing his arms. His smile faded, yet he didn't seem to be upset. He seemed to be far more contemplative in how he saw things working out. "I could tell you, but wouldn't it be far more interesting for me to show you? Perhaps around the less inhabited portion of the island, later? You likely won't need aid in hunting creatures, but its a fun way to learn about what I can do, wouldn't you say? Besides, we have our fair share of monsters here as well."

He wasn't going to hide information about his powers from her at least. So he gave her as much information that she had given him. A fair trade given they managed to have a good rapport thus far.

"But I'll give you a hint. I'm a summoner." Not only was his statement true, it was so vague that it could encompass any number of things. Especially since all magic was summoned technically speaking. There simply was no precise way to know if he summoned creatures, raw magical power or something more bizarre such as summoning out a person's latent abilities.

An equal exchange that showcased that he did indeed wish to spend further time with her, despite her avoidance of any question posed her way. He didn't take her secrecy to be a personal insult by any means. But he was now aware that she had things that mattered to her. No amount of aloof backpedaling would change his newfound viewpoint...

Or appreciation.

"If you have time before you leave to Lyndon Port, perhaps we can discuss this further. I'm not trying to ruin your buzz with this overly serious conversation. We can just relax and let the good times roll for now." He was giving her an out to an otherwise uncomfortable conversation.

Not that he could relate to the feeling.

{ @Daphne | 607 | 7297 }

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:27 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

His suggestion to show her his magic would peak her interest greatly, "That sounds like a fantastic idea," She replied, clapping her hands together excitedly. "I don't know how much help I'll be, my magic isn't particular good in Avalon Island. But I'm happy to observe, I'm sure you're more than capable of giving me a good show!" She told him, her tone layered with excitement. She was more than keen to watch him fight some monsters, Daphne loved a good magic flex. "A summoner huh? How interesting, I look forward to seeing it first hand," She could tell he was clearly interested in spending more time with her, not that she minded. He had proven interesting enough to talk to, and she was certainly in no rush to head to the main land. She knew full well that once she go to Hoptus Forest it was going to be all work and no play. And whilst she didn't particular mind the work itself, after enough time it became dull and tiresome. The same grind, day in and day out. Killing slimes, wipsies and whatnot, over and over again.

Daphne welcomed the topic change, moving away from her specifically and more toward future antics. "I like the sound of that. Before I settle down though,  let me grab my things from the lounger," She told him, hopping off her seat. She strode across the beach, making quick work of collecting her things and shoving them into the pastel pink satchel she had brought. Throwing the bag over her shoulder, and turning on her heel to abandon the lounger once more. The satchel she carried would look small for luggage, light enough to hang off her hip with ease. The truth was it was actually enchanted to be bigger on the inside and to make its contents light enough that carrying them was an ease as carrying a purse. She returned to him, returning to her seat on the bar.

"So when shall we set off, after a few more drinks maybe?" She asked him, she didn't particularly mind a little more imbibing, although she knew that were she too consume too much. Her inhibitions might lower perhaps a little too much for her own good, and whilst it certainly would be fun. She didn't like the prospect of being too out of control, Daphne knew her limits, and as the rum in her drink warmed her slowly, she could tell that limit was inching ever so slightly closer.

WC: 418 Total WC: 7715

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:08 am

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

He watched her walk away closely, since there was much to admire about her no matter if he was looking at her from the front or the back. Colter was on his best behavior, however. He didn't make any sort of inappropriate gestures and instead, chose to turn his attention back to the bar as he awaited her return. She was a great beauty, but his mother always warned him about such distractions. He just liked to play with temptation... and none had ever showcased her quality of... enigmatic charisma. "Oh, heavens no. I had no intention of you aiding me. I just want to show off for the pretty lady." He rose up from his seated position, looking into her eyes with a half smile.

"I haven't even had one drink, so I don't think I need any more. It would be best to go now. Besides, you do like having information, yes? Hard to collect it if you're plastered." That and he didn't often surround himself with people that allowed themselves to get hammered.

He wanted to test out drinking on himself, but he was in no way a drinker. Didn't mean that he was any less fun at parties, of course. But there was a clear distaste that Colter held in his heart for doing things that would make him appear to be a lecher. Being alone on a beach with a drunk woman was a hard pass. Not that he knew if she could even hold her liquor or not. That was hardly the point. Perception was key when you were a member of the Velvet Reign. He didn't need there to be rumors floating around about him either. Not that a good rumor wouldn't help build a spicy reputation in certain circles.

He extended his hand towards her, so that he could do the gentlemanly thing and help her up to her feet. He had no ill intentions and so he wanted to showcase that to her. While he was a flirt, he didn't need her to think that he solely focused on such... activities.

He was a adventurer first and foremost.

"Did you want to stop back at your room and get a change of clothing? Just in case I can't contain what ever happens with these monsters." If her magic truly didn't work here all that well... their might be wardrobe malfunctions if he has to use any of his larger spells.

Spells that had a habit of kicking up wind pressure in small areas.

"If so, lead the way. Otherwise, follow me." He'd either follow her off towards her room, or he'd take her down the side of the beach to a more secluded area. To an area that had clear signs that warned tourists to not venture further at risk of their own health and safety.

Many didn't know that there was wildlife here that could be considered dangerous... and why would they? It was much more fun to simply vacation and be pampered by the hardworking locals. But even some fools were too curious for their own good.

Colter was one such fool.

{ @Daphne | 523 | 8238 }

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:33 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne nodded at his suggestion that they leave now. Although she was hardly merry enough to affect her ability to collect information, it would take several shots to get Daphne to that point. And Daphne only took shots if she really wanted to let loose, the cocktails she had enjoyed so far had certainly relaxed, offered her a slight buzz but little more than that. "So where are you planning on taking me, or is it a secret?" She asked with the playful waggle of her brows. It occurred to her that she could very well be trusting a man she shouldn't, like a child getting the offer of candy and happily climbing into the suspicious white van. He could be anybody, a psychopath or worse perhaps. It didn't seem likely from what she'd heard about Gaiyans, but then again what did she know about the Gaiyan race? Very little as it were.

But honestly, she didn't mind a little risk. If he did try to hurt her, even without the use of her more offensive magics, Daphne was more than capable of defending herself. It helped to have magics that targeted the weakest part of a person, which the simplest of whisper she could deal devastating blows to the strongest of men. Maybe that was what made her so oblivious to the risk of wandering off with a stranger, it was an arrogant determination of her own abilities. Besides, even if someone did manage to get the better of her, nothing was more terrifying than the wrath of a witch. Not in Daphne's eyes, at least. The things she'd seen her kin do to those who had wrong them were... truly something to be feared. She had no doubts that whatever happened to her, her family, along with her brothers and sisters amongst the witches. They would unleash a hell most foul to whoever made such a foolish mistake.

"Oh that won't be necessary," She informed him, reaching into her satchel, she rummaged around for a moment before pulling out a pair of denim shorts. Leaning down, she would quickly set about putting them on, pulling them over the bottom piece of her bikini and buttoning them up. She reached in once more and pulled out a white and peach jacket, the jacket itself was cropped instyle so that her navel was still exposed. A modern style of clothing not often seen in this world picked up from the boutiques of Rivengate. She pulled the jacket on, without bothering to zip it up, "Besides I'm not staying anywhere right now, I tend to just... sleep wherever I land." She admitted, she really wasn't one to settle anywhere in particular or to plan too far ahead if she could. And so, she would follow him along the beach, moving into a more private area, before asking in turn, "So do Velvet Reign provide accommodation, or do you have a place on Avalon Island?"

WC: 493 Total WC: 8731

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:05 am

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

Colter considered each of her questions with an amused smirk upon his face. He appreciated the caution but needed to impress upon her the upmost tone of professionalism while leaving this pristine beach. As far as he was considered, in this moment he was acting as her tour guide. Sure it was a free venture, but it was one that could lead to potential gain down the road. An investment if you will. If he could make her see why this place was where it was at, perhaps she'd come to the organization of her own accord.

"Heh, allow me to address your accommodation question first. While it is true that we are offered a higher quality and standard of room and board when compared to any other active guild within the Adventurer's Guild. Our senior employees do not wish to stay within the guildhall proper."

He seemed to adopt a leisurely pace whilst making his way to her destination. Waving at random passers on the street that seemed to notice him, though he didn't make a big fuss about being recognized. He'd even keep his swaggered movements to a minimum over-all. Actively showcasing to the female that he wasn't attempting to walk around like some sort of big shot. Which he most certainly wasn't. But he had done enough in this town to be remembered.

There was no greater feeling than that.

"It is a far larger status symbol to own your own property. Especially here where the prices will gouge you into oblivion. I am not as rich as our senior members, however. Therefore I do stay on the guild's property. At least for now. That will change once I start bringing in a larger haul."

The more time spent with this mysterious woman, the more that Colter found himself intrigued by her. She didn't really let him in on anything about her. He couldn't tell if she was a good person or a bad one. If she had a poker face this good she should just move to a lifestyle styled around gambling. It'd serve her better in the long run. Despite these musings, he didn't allow himself to be distracted by his overbearing curiosity.

He had to remain a proper guide, otherwise the pair might run into something nastier than he was hoping to find.

"Where I am taking you is no secret. We are simply going beyond the borders of where the local law enforcement and peacekeepers hold jurisdiction." A truthful statement. There was no money in policing an uncivilized district. Besides, plenty of hunters liked to cut their teeth out here to prepare for harder jobs back on the larger continent out west.

"Off to the wild inland areas and such. There are plenty of beautiful sights that we do not like having tampered by tourists, but many find their ways out here often. Doesn't necessarily mean they come back... however."

He held no expression to the statement of fact.

"All manner of beast find their way around these isles. From Twighorns and their tinier variants, to Unicorns of darkness and lupine-like spirits."

He moved his hand around flippantly explaining to her the types of creatures she could hope to expect from this otherwise idyllic paradise.

"So long as you're not unlucky enough to meet up with a Tigrear, our exclusive island mascot or an ocean bound wyvern, you're practically in the clear." He could have explained the latter monsters, but didn't want to spend all of their limited time going over a lesson about the local flora and fauna. Not until they stumbled across something worth dispatching.

"Though as a seasoned monster hunter, I am sure you are well aware of the signs one should watch out for when in an area that might house... dangerous foes."

{ @Daphne | 634 | 8872 }

(OOC: Sorry for the wait, was dealing with family drama. <3)

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:05 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

"I see," She responded as he explained the way Velvet Reign's accommodation worked, so they were offered a place but weren't required to live there. Daphne liked the sound of that, it sounded like Velvet Reign was a little more free than she expected. She wondered if she were to join such a faction, whether they might be okay with her working mainly in Rivengate. It wasn't like it was very far off after all. But then again did she want to commit to such a thing, she still wasn't completely sure. But if she was going to make a definite decision then talking to Colter and learning more about it would certainly help.

"That's a nice plan, I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to get a place here. Avalon Island really is lovely, it's so warm and the air has that pleasant scent to it you know." She inhaled deeply, enjoy the fresh air provided by the exotic island, the soft aroma of the sea filling her nose. It really was pleasant, she almost couldn't understand why some of her family never left the comfort of the Shambles. Especially when there were such vast and wonderful places to see, would her mother like the sea? Or would she find some way to belittle and degrade it? As she so often did with unfamiliar things.

A part of her would have liked to have at least shown this place to the younger witches of their clan, she could imagine they eyes widening in awe over all the sand and water. She could picture Pippa, one of her neighbours younger daughters, hopping in shock at the heat of the beach under her feet. What a nice dream, perhaps showing them in a dream might be a way to do it. Although her parents would be furious if she did that, would likely accuse her of trying to lure away more witches from their home.

"Missing tourists? How scandalous! You're not going to kidnap me are you?" She jested, wrapped her arms around herself, feigning the look of a damsel in distress, "Throw me into a volcano to appease the gods? Or perhaps you'll sell me off to some bad men who will make me dance for a pretty penny?" She faked a gasp, before throwing a grin in his direction, entirely amused by her own whimsy.  

"Oh  yes, we have Dark Unicorns back home, my cousin actually tamed one would you believe. Named it Munchkin, lovely thing, kind of cranky though." She would begin to look around, keen to spot anything should it approach them. She had read about Tigrears, beautiful but terrifying beasts only found on Avalon Islands. Apparently the venom it dropped was supposed to be very valuable, ideal for crafting. She would love to see one up close, but admittedly she knew better than to look for one when she was an underprepared as she was, she was in no way equipped to fight anything like that right now.

"I have plenty of experience, but more so in the main land, Avalon Islands is new ground for me. I only ever come here for a tan and a good time," She admitted to him before asking, "Do you hunt often?"

WC: 542 Total WC: 9414

Last edited by Daphne on Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:07 pm

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

Colter allowed for both of his hands to slip behind his head as he made his way deeper into the lush brush that comprised the normally off limit portion of this island. He had kept true to his theme of never interrupting the woman as she spoke, giving her enough time to respond to him before he comprised his own carefully constructed replies back towards her. He wasn't exactly a meticulous man, but he could give off that impression if you focused too hard on some of his more peculiar habits.

In truth, he was as random as the tide.

"I might be tempted to ask you to dance for me, though if that does happen to come with a price tag I suppose we'll just have to negotiate when that time comes." He couldn't help himself but to mess around with her back.

He noted that her attitude was a lot easier for him to deal with than most people he came across. She didn't seem to take herself too seriously, which was a godsend. Especially given the fact that too many people found themselves to be so self important that they couldn't allow for their guards to be down for even an iota of a second. While he could tell that she hadn't lowered her own fully. The mere fact that she made those kinds of jokes yet still came here with him was enough to put a smile on his face.

He'd have to pay close attention to this witch.

"I had a cheesy line set up there, but I decided to spare you. Though just to sate your curiosity, it was going to be something along the lines of 'You're so hot that the volcano would just end up feeling like an ice bath.' You're welcome." He still said it technically, but the presentation was that in which he could tell her clearly that he wasn't some lame casanova-type of individual.

He had self-awareness.

"Munchkin sounds adorable. Do you happen to have any tamed pets of your own? I plan to get a Tigrear mount eventually. That will definitely solidify my desired opulence." He rubbed his chin as he contemplated the answer to his own question.

He wasn't exactly skilled in such actions, but that didn't mean that he was against trying to widen his horizons. Including introducing new skills into his lexicon. He was a bit of a tamer anyway, due to his magic. Perhaps he could improve his own skills if he applied his monster hunting and taming with his magic. It would certainly give him the ability to summon stronger spiritual guardians.

Once he bound the spirit of the beast to his magic, that is.

"I have personally never ran across a Dark Unicorn. But yes, I end up hunting as a byproduct of relic hunting. More often than not some beast is guarding whatever relic I happen to be searching for." It was just a sad reality that he had to deal with at this point.

"In fact, there are some treasures that are nigh impossible to recover because of the mere fact that some of the world's most dangerous creatures make their nests where those objects are."

There were some places that higher-functioning sentients were not meant to go. Though perhaps it wasn't fair to just assume that some of these beasts lacked intelligence. Especially with how overwhelming these creatures could get. Good instincts and their ability to hunt down prey was more than enough of a display of intellect if you asked him.

"I liken it to some sick joke being played by some mysterious natural force." He'd smirk before heading up to a sloped hill that seemed to lead up onto a small cliffside.

It wasn't large enough to be a true cliff, but it was tall enough for someone to break their legs if they fell off it haphazardly.

He'd scale it pretty quickly, before looking down at a condensed area of brush. Though it was more like a thicket than anything else. He took a moment to scan the area before seeing movement towards what appeared to be an injured creature he could not accurately identify.

"Do you do anything other than hunt? Ever do any other contract work with the Guild, I mean?" He asked her this question, but never took his eyes away from his quarry.

Upon studying further, he pointed towards what he saw. His voice showcasing his own sense of accomplishment at his discovery.  He made sure to crotch down low as to not rouse the suspicion of what he saw over the ridge itself.

"Okay, as you can see. There are some Tiny Twighorns enjoying a fresh kill. You'll notice that their scales aren't green, they seem to be more azure in color. Likely due to its differing diet here in the Islands. Plus, since it's colder here due to the cool ocean breeze passing through the trees, they aren't as fast as they are in the mainland."

He paused for a moment, rubbing the back of his neck in an embarrassed manner.

"I used to be involved with a monster researcher. So I know a bit more than most do when it comes to some creatures." He'd cough to himself briefly before straightening out his clothing.

He'd remain crotched, but closed the fist of the hand he had extended moments before. Showcasing a very fancy ring that was now clearly being aimed at the creatures below. It would seem that he was targeting the larger of the small group. This was most definitely the case since he had it in his mind to completely dominate whatever he fought. Best way to discourage the runts was to kill their supposed alpha.

"On your mark I'll go ahead and take one of them down. But don't blink, you don't wanna miss what happens." He didn't seem to have any emotions now, speaking in a serious tone of voice as he channeled energy into his ring.

{ @Daphne | 1,002 | 10,416 }

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:03 am

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne giggled in delight, "Oh really? I'd love to see what you would offer in exchange," She purred in a slightly more playful tone, unable to help herself. It was just so much more fun to give back a little 'something', with each flirtatious comment she found herself stirred with thrill and enjoyment. And why wouldn't she be? The flatterings of an attractive man whose company she most welcomed only prove to entertain the witch. She didn't know if the flirting would actually 'go' anywhere, it was perhaps too soon to tell what his intentions were. Some people, like herself, were just naturally flirty after all. But at present, she didn't mind such possibilities, granted that their evening continued to go as pleasantly as it was.

As he explained to her the chat-up line that he had originally intended to follow up with, Daphne would clap her hands together, gasping in such a way that exuded her amusement. "Oh I love a cheesy line, had you said  that I would have told you that 'if I'm as hot as you say then perhaps I can cool myself off in the blue of your eyes.'" She said, snickering to herself in an almost childlike manner as she fluttered her eyelashes at him. "Ya welcome," She added, shaking her head and sticking her tongue out at him between her teeth. Oh, perhaps that cocktail was making her a little silly? Not that she minded.

She considered his question about having pets, before shrugging and offering him her thoughts, "You know, I know it's a stereotype but... I would quite like a feline, not a Tigrear like yourself but rather something smaller perhaps. Also, I've always thought Lupirit's are quite beautiful too! I don't know if my place is the best space for an animal though, maybe once I can afford something bigger," She told him, thinking about her little apartment-style home in Rivengate, it was several floors up and had no communal garden. She would listen as he told her about hist his thoughts on hunts, nodding as she acknowledged his point. She could only imagine what sorts of beasts one might into when searching for a magic relic.

His next question surprised her, she was a pause to ponder how to word answer, was it okay to tell him what sort of work she liked to do. It didn't feel too invasive, but even with such a question she couldn't help but consider the possibilities before responding. "Sometimes, but it really depends on the job. I'm not particularly one for anything too laborious or dull." She told him, noticing that he wasn't looking at her anymore but rather at something else. She followed his gaze, trying to see what it was he was looking at. Her gaze settled on the small dragon-like creatures ahead of them, eating away at their kill, her eyes widened and she found herself leaning for a better look. She looked at him as he spoke, hanging on his words with intrigue, eyes trailing down to his hand and the ring he was holding, before moving back to the creatures. Her eyes would train themselves on the beasts, being sure to make sure she would not blink, not wanting to miss the exciting display that seems to await her. "Okay... go for it." She whispered to him, loud enough for him to hear, waiting anxiously to see what he would do.

WC: 574 Total WC: 10,990

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:08 am

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

Before he could start, two of the Twighorns moved on, only leaving two in the area.

Her constant flattery caught him off guard. He wasn't sure what to do about it, since she was one of the few women that had actively bene so bold in telling him to his face that she found him to be... well.. alluring in some capacity. Though he could tell by the look of her that she likely had long line of suitors lined down the block. So, as a result, he blushed at her comment, but didn't actively respond to it. She would know that he was affected by the tint of his face.

What happened next, brought a chuckle from his lips. As her compliment of his eyes was perhaps the one that he had both expected and yet, not expected her to say it in such a way.

He had to give her credit and points for originality. That much was for sure. Regardless, he did his best to not be overwhelmed by the sheer expectations that were being levied against him. He knew that she was likely just a flirt. Which was a shame really, but he was no mystical psychic and he'd prefer to just see where his fortunes would lie.

Whether they'd lie in her bed or not, that was for fate to decide.

All he knew for sure at the moment was that the pair had a good rapport thus far. To the point in which he wasn't entirely sure what he'd do once she fucked off back to the land of high tech wizardry that she called her home. Time was running out and he wasn't sure how long he'd be able to keep her attention.

Some people were extremely fickle and he had heard that chief among them were the witches. Though he was sure that was some sort of ill conceived stereotype meant to disparage them further than they already were.

"You really should consider joining us here in Velvet Reign if you have lofty tastes like that. You'd definitely afford it if you rolled with us." He wasn't generally a spokesperson for the faction as a whole, but he had been looking for consistent partners to work with in some capacity. She seemed to give off the air of competence. So what did he have to lose? "Personally I think all the best jobs are laborious, but they aren't dull. At least not in terms of what we take as a faction. Our reputation doesn't afford us to take on jobs beneath or station."

At her command his eyes would begin to glow, showcasing their beauty even further as they gained a sort of bioluminescence. A hint at what his true power might have been in it's apex, though for now he could not call upon those abilities just yet. Yet even despite his abilities not being at their apex, there was a true haunting nature to what was about to occur. For his abilities had nothing to do with the elements concerned with life.

His magic was entirely based in the realm far beyond it.

From the grass itself, dew seemed to accumulate in such a rapid succession that it appeared as though water gurgled up and force its way from the depths of the greenery. The droplets sought the company of one another, swirling and smashing into each other with such violence that it looked as though some large and intimidating amorphous slime was starting to raise up from the very earth itself.

The sounds were that of a babbling brook suddenly becoming overcome with a rushing tide of water, crashing about frantically with little in the way of it's mighty crescendo. It seemed that what was once a puddle seemed to become several interconnected ones, each one fleshing out the apex of the water's diameter. Until a large splash seemed to rip up out of the ground and the screech of a Twighorn could be heard crying out in what was a bloodcurdling, yet instant death. Standing atop of the newfound bed of water was a creature unlike any other. A man... with skin a dark blue.

Or at least that was what he appeared to look like unless one took closer inspection upon what they were seeing.

For despite his humanoid structure, this creature had claws on it's feet with webs in-between them. A large dorsal fin on it's back that was obviously shaped in the manner of a shark... and it's head indicated that the fin was no showpiece. For this was a man with the head of a shark.. or at least it was a shark that seemed to take the form of a man.

In it's grip it held something that seemed translucent and ethereal. In fact, the creature and the water looked so as well. But the object in which seemed to be in its hand, hoisted up over it's body was that of a three pronged trident. Though the half of the object seemed to be two rods intertwined, spiraling around each other like vines before their forks branched off.

The Twighorn, rested atop of the prongs themselves. Having been skewered in three places. The details of which showcased that this was a mercy killing. The death so efficient that the creature was impaled through three different vital areas all at once. Though strangely enough, it didn't seem as though it was bleeding at all.

At least it's death was painless, no?

For the other Twighorn in the area, however, they'd receive a similar mercy. For the water that had been raise beneath the feet of the beast jostled and rapidly spun around. Like some sort of whirlpool that gathered all the moisture around it in an infinite-abyss, an unending hunger, just before it surged upwards like a geyser let loose unexpectedly in a town where such an occurrence was geographically impossible.

In it's wake, nothing in the immediate area seemed damaged at all. All of the liquid was gone, but the corpses of the Twighorns were stern about. Their eyes blank and their bodies clearly lifeless.

Whatever he had done to them, it was something far beyond the realm of physical damage.

A fact that she'd likely not be too shocked by given her own magic. "I thank you for your mercy, Atlantisia." He said what could have been some form of prayer, though he never specified if that was the case.

He rose to his feet and then placed his palm over the top of his ring, looking over toward Daphne with a grin on his face. "We got lucky. Seems like my powers are evolving. Looks like I will be meeting a new creature soon." He wasn't attempting to speak in a cryptic manner, but he definitely was talking about his shark.

It had evolved... and so had his own powers. Was it due to this woman that he was with? Perhaps being around a Witch had allowed for his own abilities to grow due to the inherent threat that she posed to him. Some sort of genetic retaliation?

That was hardly the case, but it didn't matter now.

He lowered his hand as to help her up, if she hadn't gotten off the ground by now, and then he spoke to her with a glee that he didn't seem to have earlier on during their trek to this location. But similar to the glee he had back when he flirted with her at the cabana.

"Normally my magic can't interact with the earth, so I made it spring forth just above it. But that would usually weaken it. This time, however, it didn't. I usually prefer a more... aerial approach." He had yet to actually realize he didn't tell her what his magic was. though if she went by what she saw. She could gauge it was some sort of spooky water magic. Though it was probably easier for her to tell it was spiritual magic if she had been exposed to it before.

"Either way it doesn't matter. We have two completely in tact Twighorn carcasses. Should we go expect the quality up close?" He seemed completely overwhelmed by the fact that he managed to get them. They would sell for a pretty penny, that much was for certain. Especially to a vendor that could prepare them as food. There would be no blemishes to the product what-so-ever. Hell, even the local insects would have to take a bit before they realized these creatures were dead as opposed to merely being asleep.

{ @Daphne | 1,417 | 12,407 }
(OOC: Feel free to do the rarity drop roll if you wish.)

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:29 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

The noticeable blush that she received after her flirting would cause Daphne's lips to curl into a satisfied smirk, seeing how her words had affected him was admittedly thrilling and made him appear even cuter. It made her want to tease him a little more, but later perhaps, for now, they were hunting. The fact that he then went on to suggest that she join Velvet Reign was a surprising but not unwelcome turn on the conversation. She tilted her head, considering the possibility. She didn't dislike the thought of it, and as she tried to weigh the pros and cons, for the most part, she definitely saw more benefit to working for them then skipping out on the opportunity. And whilst she wasn't one for committing to anything, it didn't sound too restrictive in nature.

"You know I just might do that, it does sound like my kind of place, and if it could help me get a little more pocket money then that's a bonus." She mused out loud before dragging her gaze back to him once more, "I tell you what, I have a few things I need to tie up on the mainland, and then when I head back maybe I'll pop in and check it out. And if I do, then I'll even request you by name, how's that?" She would still need a little time to think about it, it would also be good to check in on her folks and see how they might react to this. Maybe they wouldn't mind, it was just a job - a source of steady income. Alternatively, they might freak out because it would be another thing keeping their daughter from returning home - the more likely outcome of the two. As unpleasant as it could be, it wasn't something she could avoid, if she went ahead and joined without giving them some kind of inclination, then the result would be much, much worse.

As he prepared to show her his abilities, and she ordered him to begin the hunt, Daphne would do her best to keep her eyes trained on the Twighorns ahead of them, an action she would not regret. As the sight of water spewing from the earth suddenly caught her attention, rising up in such a quick and forceful manner that the wildlife was swallowed up by its merciless power. The appearance of a human-like creature standing upon the world with shark-like features, a dead Twighorn dangling from the prongs of his weapon. A savage but effective kill. Daphne's eyes darted to the remaining creature, watching as the water around it burst violently upwards and as the water fell once more, the Twighorn was dead. Daphne who had been holding her breathe would let out a soft exhalation, whispering a single word as she did so. "Fascinating..."

Her gaze shifted to the Fae, who would offer thanks to a name she was unfamiliar with, one she could only assume belonged to the amphibious man by the Twighorns. As Colter looked at her, he would surely see her eyes wide with delight and intrigue, her face alight with awe, questions whirling around her mind itching to know everything behind what had just transpired. "Colty that was incredible! That being that you summoned, what sort of creature was that? Some sort of deity? A water god? Was it he that created those waves, or was that your doing?" She burst out excitedly, unable to contain herself any longer. As he gave her a snippet of information about the way his magic interacting with the land, she nodded along following every word.

"Yes! Lets!" She answered, immediately darting over to where the Twighorns were. She would crouch down above the one that had been killed by the burst of water. Her fingers running over its body, examining the damage. "Such an efficient method, not a bad range too. Was it the force of the blow that killed this one or was it the magical damage itself?" She asked, looking up at him with an inquisitive gaze.

WC: 680 Total WC: 12,787

[ -2,000 for Apprentice Quest, New WC 10,787]
[-5,000 for Initiate Quest, New WC 5,787]

Tag: @"Colter Gage"

Last edited by Daphne on Fri May 21, 2021 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Fri May 21, 2021 6:31 am

֍ As Above, So Below ֎

Colter was impressed by her astute nature and the fascination that she seemed to genuinely hold for his magic, though he didn't respond to her until after they had made it over towards the corpses of the Twighorn. He'd think of what to say to her before pointing down at the corpse and looking at it with a smirk on his face. "Well, you notice that the corpse is dry. My magic has nothing to do with water at all. That thing you saw was the spirit of a deceased sea creature. I'm not sure what kind of creature it is, however."  He spoke to her with a tone that denoted the honesty that was reflected in his cerulean eyes.

"I manipulate the representation of spirit of the sea itself and all of the creatures that have ever died within it's waves. So what killed this creature... was an attack on it's very soul. It did no physical damage what-so-ever." He told her this because it was a sign of a trust for someone that had showcased an interest in joining him, spending time with him and due to the fact that he'd never deny the obvious attraction he held towards her. It was perhaps a naïve thing to do on his part, but he had always been the kind of man that marched to a drum that lacked a beat.  He'd kneel down and lift up one of the Twighorn carcasses.

Examining it further, he'd toss it over his shoulder and carry it properly. "We will take this one for now. I think it would be best to leave the other one for a local creature to enjoy. Keep the circle of life and all of that." He paused for a moment as he offered her his free hand, in order to lift her up to her feet. If she took the offer of his hand, he'd not let her hand go as he helped her up, at least not immediately. Smiling at her and speaking with a tone of voice that was far more... inappropriate depending on your personal sensibilities. "As for your offer, I would gladly give you a tour if you asked for me. But if you're in no hurry, would you fancy dinner?"

{ @Daphne | 378 | 6,165 }

Colter
Colter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Fri May 21, 2021 2:25 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne would glance up at the Fae before returning her attention to the corpse once more, he was right, it was dry! Her smile widened, thoroughly impressed by the information he was giving her. She would stand, listening intently as he told her about the sea spirit and the way that his magic had actually killed the creature. She would fold one arm under her chest, raising the opposing hand to her chin as she pondered his words. "Killing it by attacking its soul," She repeated thoughtfully, the expression of intrigue across her face entirely genuine. "That's an incredible ability."

Daphne would consider Colty's actions, his decision to leave one of the Twighorns as a meal for the local wildlife pleasing the Witch. Coming from a culture that greatly appreciated balance, his respect of this ecosystem and not taking more than one should from the earth was something she found very respectful. This had already been such an interesting adventure, and his magical intellect was very appealing to her. Not to mention, the guy was really fucking hot. Every time she glanced into his eyes, she found herself taken aback by the sheer blue intensity of them. He was tall, lean and on top of that delightfully charming. Well, shit, resisting him after this point was going to be really difficult. Then again, did she really want to resist?

An ironic thought, considering he would follow this by asking her to dinner. Daphne cocked her head at him, her playful smile broken only by the biting of her lip. She was very much aware of the possibility that would rise from his offer, in her head she was weighing the pros and cons of such an event. However as quickly as the uncertainties came, she would push those thoughts away, deciding not to overthink the offer and let the situation unfold naturally.

"Sure, where do you plan on taking me?"

WC: 320 Total WC: 6,485

Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next