Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
New Friends! [Luchta] WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» reminiscent: personified spirit panfandom
by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:40 am

» Lusamine
by Lusamine Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:09 pm

» A Dangerous Game {Closed/Tag: Kiigan}
by Kiigan Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:42 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Kiigan Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 am

» A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]
by Katsumi Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
No user

Donations

New Friends! [Luchta]

Go down

New Friends! [Luchta] Empty New Friends! [Luchta]

Post by Iris Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:51 pm

"Hellooooo~, new friend?? Please, come out and say hi to Peony!"

Flouncing around through the tropical flora of Avalon Island was a certain petite girl in high spirits. Looking like a fallen pink blossom with legs, her matching patent leather mary janes were hardly recommended for the type of travel she was up to, but she didn't seem fussed in the least. Her head of rosy brown hair rocked back and forth to some sort of unknown melody she was humming, adding music to the wild dance it did down her back. Its flips and waves were almost enough to mask the curled ivory horns on her head, but not quite. Though there were a couple other races she could be, the most common and correct assumption was Demonata, though most of the time she had the disposition of a Gaiyan. If she was any good at lying, she probably could have pulled off convincing people she was a creature of olde, but it had never occurred to her spacy head.

What was a demoness in a blush dress and shiny shoes doing out in the island wilderness? Why, she was poking around with her walking stick, of course! The thing was taller than her and a curious twist of black and brown bark, forking into two tendrils at the top that crossed as if they were horns themselves. If anything the stick was the most demonic looking thing about her, but it was her most treasured possession. For reasons she never explained, she took it everywhere. And though she was hunting a Tigrear, a creature that would dwarf her in both size and viciousness, she seemed to think her staff was all she'd need to tame the beast as her pet.

"Here, monster, monster, monster!" she called, though it was hardly considered a 'call' from the lack of volume. Peony wasn't a fan of loud voices, so she didn't have one herself. It was as soft as her sheep's wool back home. The voices that had mentioned the Tigrear attack on a tourist earlier were much louder, and though she felt sorry for the poor mauled soul, she had felt a tingle of excitement from her horns to her toes! That meant one was nearby! She wouldn't have to travel too far out, which was good because it was hot, which partially explained her change in wardrobe. Perhaps she could have been a bit more prepared, but... well, that just hadn't occurred to her. Much like the danger of trying to tame something so huge and strong and dangerous alone hadn't occurred to her. Hence why her summery, perky, head-empty self was wandering just outside town looking for an adorable kittybear with bright-colored ouchie spit.

"Where could it be hiding?" she wondered to herself, pressing a delicate fingertip to her bottom lip.

[wc: 473 || @Luchta Dagda ]
Iris
Iris

Administrator  
VylderGold : 22335

Back to top Go down

New Friends! [Luchta] Empty Re: New Friends! [Luchta]

Post by Luchta Dagda Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:20 am

New Friends! [Luchta] Szg77D

---

Avalon was a strange land, one that confused but warmed Luchta, a place that was beginning to make him hope and believe in many paths that he once thought not possible. On the one hand it was a lad touched by humans and otherworlders in a way that if any greater would cause extreme discomfort in the half-elf. It was the same influence and atmosphere that made him always so eager to leave Rivengate as soon as he sets foot in that place. But yet it had the magic and beauty of the world as it was, as it should be, it sustained beaches and waters and landscapes that even those of the Mainland or Ilyanor would describe as heavenly. It was a place like the isles that could show what diversity and luxury were possible when they combined the best of each culture and species, but it was not without it’s own dangers.

Luchta had not been sent to the islands officially on any mission but he was there with his own quest in mind. At first it was a simple journey for his own sight, to take in the majesty of the tropical flora and fauna, to bathe on it’s beaches and feel the hum of the life that made everyone who visited feel more alive than ever before. But he was not a day off the boat when he heard word of the Tigrear attack, it’s mauling of a tourist which while not something too rear was still a shame that he wanted to look into. So it was that he began to research, asking both locals and the various facilities he could access on whatever guidance or stories he could piece together, both for the nature of the beast and where he might find it’s kind.

At first many assumed he was maybe out to get revenge for the man, hunting down the creature and selling it’s pelt perhaps. In reality he had no intention to kill the animal unless provoked, after all this land was at much it’s as it was that of the tourists. Survival was the original game of life and while not all are sent into it’s lap with a fair chance, anyone looking to poke it’s patience should be prepared for the consequences. No, his goal was more of interest than of death, to see how numerous such creatures were and what their demeanour was like. To see if they were truly as ferocious as people claimed and if so maybe try to lead it deeper into the wild where it would be less likely to come across another walker.

Luchta walked amongst the plant life with a warmth and care in his eyes that was almost like a pro Gardner, as if he had seen those flowers when they were only seeds and felt joy in their continued vibrant life. He had not taken his cloak or any large bags with him that day, instead leaving all such items back where he was staying. All he wore was a light shirt of off white, like that many wore underneath more intricate items of clothing or as a cover for late at night though he seemed more than comfortable in it’s simplicity. There was some light armour on his legs but nothing too flashy, its floral and natural curving design made it subtle and elven in a way that fitted beautifully with his soft complexion and features which caught the sun at it’s most artistic angles. He came to a stop however when he heard signs of life in the distance, the rustling of green underfoot and the delicate innocence of a voice that was both upbeat and gentle. Perhaps a child he wondered, or a fae even, though he knew there was no point in making any assumptions till he laid eyes on them.

The redheaded Gaiyan made his way quietly between the larger pieces of foliage, his eyes scanning around for the origins of the voice as his right hand brushed lightly against every leaf it came across, the cool texture of the nature in this land reminding him of many journeys from his past adventures across the continent. "Where could it be hiding?” he heard just in time for him to see the girl whom had been speaking. She was small and petite, her horns gave sign of her heritage though her appearance was cute and bright in a way that most of her kin did not share. While he did not doubt that she was capable and likely easily underestimated, he found no reason to villains such a young girl without cause.

“I can assure you, i am neither hiding nor am i an it.” The elf called over to her, his voice carrying the sing song rhythm that he sometimes bore when in lighter spirits. He stepped towards her, a genuine and friendly smile on his face before bowing his head to the smaller demon girl. “What i am is a Luchta, and that must make you a…?” He asked her, the look in his eyes making it clear he was after her own name in turn.

Word Count; 862
made bycapt. meows
Luchta Dagda
Luchta Dagda

VylderGold : 8126

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:53 pm

"Oooh," the demonata intonated, though slowly rather than sharply in surprise. With a swish of her full skirt, she turned to face the newcomer. Make no mistake, she was surprised, but Peony rarely reacted properly to...well, anything. It relied on a plethora of variables, like how distracted she was and what the tones of her thoughts were that were interrupted, and whether the thing surprising her was something she liked or not. Since this wasn't a Tigrear, she was a bit disappointed, but not displeased. "Not my kittybear, but a Luchta," she echoed, her rosy eyes gazing at him almost dreamily as they took him in.

Regardless of her assessment, she altered her meandering course to approach the man with the fiery red hair. She might have a quiet, airy tone, but she was far from shy. Meeting new people and animals was really fun. "I'm a Peony," she answered with a perky smile, having to angle her face up due to him being about a foot taller than her. That was fine, most people were. "What is a Luchta doing out here?" she wanted to know, one hand still on her staff, the other fussing with her skirt. It had gotten snagged on a bush she wandered around, and given the lacy frill that gave it its fullness, it had easily become snagged. She kept tugging at it, though she didn't take her eyes from his. "Could you sense that the Peony needed help finding the Tigrear? That would be very lucky, though sometimes I wonder if luck really exists..." her voice trailed softly as her train of thought jumped the track. Quirky, this one. "Can you earn luck? Or do you have to have luck to get luck? But then how do you get the luck to get the luck to get the luck...?"

The thought train was spiraling.

[wc: 311 || thread total: 1646]
Iris
Iris

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Luchta Dagda Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:41 pm

---

A peculiar creature but a gentle one, whoever this Peony was she had succeeded in making the elf smile that was for sure. Her spiralling descent into a rabbit hole of wonder and consideration on the nature of luck was entertaining but unnecessary. Luchta raised his hand slightly to gesture for her to pause, not wishing for her to waste breath on a journey of questions of which he could answer sooner rather than later. “Whether it is luck, fate or chance that brings us together is not something i am much of an expert on lass, but i am here and so are you.”

He paused for a moment to eye up her staff, observing it’s curious horned like designed but it’s simplicity and almost complete lack of artistic extravagance. A simple item but one she clung to as if it were a part of herself, much like her own subtle but personal horns. Whatever her nature and attachment to such an item though it was her objective that interested him most. “And well Peony, i am here looking for the Tigrear same as you. I wanted to see if it was still here, see if it was as dangerous as they say and if need be lead it to where it cannot harm others without cause. But what i want to know is what brings a Peony out here looking for one.”

Luchta took a deep breath and let his body relax, the fabric of his form reworking themselves to rest in their natural state since he found no cause to hide such a nature from the girl in front of him. As he spoke the left half of his face became replaced gradually by it’s more wooden state, overlapping fibres of branches and vines that left slight gaps or dips as if to reveal a hollow head except for his eye which became a single large orb of deep forest green. “Depending on what you want with such a creature i feel we may have cause to help each other, or at the very least wish each other the best young one.” Luchta reached out one hand to shake, his head bowing once more with gentle respect towards her. “Luck must be easier to find with four eyes than two after all."

Word Count; 385
made bycapt. meows
Luchta Dagda
Luchta Dagda

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:54 am

Grounded once more with Luchta's help, the haze of confusion lifted and her attention returned back to the Tigrear she hoped to find, the one that her new friend was also looking for. Partners! "See, I have meat in my bag,"  Peony started, her cherub lips spreading into a pure smile as she pulled her satchel around from where it had been bumping her posterior. Flipping open the flap, inside was butcher paper with fresh chunks of red meat. "When I find it, it's gonna be my fri--"

Her attention span was flighty at the best of times. This day was not her best, so the Luchta's face splitting into two very different aesthetics rocketed her brain off Peony planet. The rest of his words might as well been bird songs. The Tigrear didn't exist. The forest had faded. The salty air wasn't breezing through her hair, the sun wasn't lightly roasting the leafy green at the tops of the trees. Nothing existed outside of the branches taking over his cheek and eye looking as if his fiery hair were flames on a campfire. Her petal hues grew as wide as saucers. "Ooooo~" she awed, deftly reaching for his extended hand and possibly holding it a bit longer than was socially acceptable. "Luuuchta," she breathed, stepped a bit closer and ignoring the tugging and ripping of her frills still caught in the bush. "Luchta, Luchta, you're branchy! Did you know your face just turned half tree?" the demonata asked with head tilted, betraying her moments of stupidity quite shamelessly, as if she hadn't already made it a bit apparent. Still, she was a sweet, easily amused girl. "I thought a Luchta was a people. Are you a sentient, shapeshifting tree? A Luchta tree? I've never heard of one..."

It had never occurred to her that the explanation for her fresh companion's abilities were more species related than a piece of the forest coming to life and playing around with a human form. The latter was much more interesting to think about.

[wc: 341 || total: 2372]
Iris
Iris

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Luchta Dagda Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:41 pm

---

Luchta’s brow scrunched and his face chuckled with a bemused but entertained reaction to her reveal of the meat in her bag. There was such contrast and surprise in her every action, the way her child like demeanour was at odds with what she she did or how casually she expressed her interest in tempting an acid drooling beast to be her friend. He no had two main causes to work with her and join forces on this quest, to both see that she was safe but also just to spend more time with this peculiar but uplifting demon.

When Peony saw his reveal however of his natural state he couldn’t help but sigh, not out of any distaste or stress but one of knowing this would happen. So with a deep breath he shook his head and reached out his left arm as a swap for his right, pulling it free of the small women’s grasp. His left arm, while in the rough shape of an arm and hand, was entirely in a wooden condition and as he reached it out he made each finger split and extend, turning what was a hand into a strange intertwining cluster of branches and vines that eventually settled in a shape that seemed to look more like a model miniature of a tree than anything else.

The elf hunched over, allowing the sculpture at the end of his arm to be easily viewed and if necessary touched by the curious girl. “I am a people, but i am also different from most people. A Luchtra is a Luchta, just like a Peony is a Peony.” With a warm and gentle smile he focussed on the fake tree his hand had become and made a few of the bare branches sprout flowers. “My parent was something very old, older than even when humans were here. They’re a bit like a tree, though i can promise you i am very much a person. A branchy person, but a person”

Though a gentle chuckle left the half elf’s lips it did not last long, interrupted instead by a vicious call from deeper into the undergrowth, clearly from far but close enough to make his head turn sharply in an alert preparation for danger. It’s sound was guttural, deep roar like a bear but with the hint of a growth before and a snarl afterwords like a tiger. His face calmed, still serene but without the joy and enthusiasm it had shown during the previous conversation. “I think it smells that meat of yours, shall we go meet your friend?”

Word Count; 434
made bycapt. meows
Luchta Dagda
Luchta Dagda

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:49 am

And touch she did. The little fake tree might as well been a flying mossbun, the demoness was so enamored. Delicately she ran her fingertips against the petals, her words exchanging for soft giggles. It was a musical, twinkling sound as she peeked from his tree hand to his half-tree face. "Pretty," Peony smiled, her cheeks rosy with appreciation and wonder.

Her gaze turned only the slightest bit contemplative when he mentioned his heritage. While race wasn't something she focused on, she was raised in a world where people were conditioned to fit the pieces together. One parent was older than humans and was all natural like this? So a Luchta was Gaiyan. At least half-Gaiyan, anyways.

Perhaps a proper Eldritch would have found this information disturbing and declined going forward together, but Peony was a bit different (as if that wasn't obvious after speaking with her for mere seconds). She wasn't trying to fix the world like her big sister Iris, but he also wasn't trying to make it worse. In fact, she wasn't trying to do anything other than make lots of animal and monster friends and exist in the world she made for herself. The world she preferred. Her own reality. To put it simply, Peony viewed races and sub-species no more deeply than she did the differences in monster species. They were all just different types of monsters, right?

Pretty Plant Person or no (she giggled at the unspoken triple P thought), the roar yanked her focus back to what she'd frolicked out into the balmy tropics for to start with. With a gasp her body angled in the direction of the terrifying sound, but her face was anything but scared. It was as if Peony had absorbed every bit of the enthusiasm and joy he'd lost and added it to her own nigh inexhaustible supply. She might as well just heard the call of a loved one! "You're right! Let's!" Peony chirped, bolting off without warning. "He said he's hungry, but can't find my snack. His snooter has snooted it. It's right here, teddypurr!" her gentle, quiet voice called as best as it could.

Was a small, starry eyed girl making a beeline for a hungry and grouchy murder furball that had already mauled one guy today? Absolutely she was.

Crashing through the bushes with little care for her poor frills, she didn't slow down until she could smell the human blood and damp fur. "Stinky boy," the demonata wrinkled her nose, pausing only for a second. One would think she was coming up with a strategy, but no...she was trying to think of how to greet the beast. First impressions were important!

Stepping forward, she put on her best smile. "Sir Tigrear!" she called, being rewarded by the creature's head whipping around. Clearly it was hostile. Peony didn't seem to notice or care. "Hello! I've brought you a snack so we can be friends. Okay?"

The thing didn't want to be friends okay? It wanted the meat in her bag. Now. So much so that it wouldn't even speak back to her other than a guttural "GIMME" that only she and others that could speak monster could understand. Her brow puckered for a moment, then her smile wavered into something more forced and a bit sheepish. "Oh...hehe, you know, I don't have a cage. You have to trap them and win them over with the food...oh dear, what do I do now? I got ahead of myself."

The tigrear slowly approached her, his maw dripping acrid glowing venom and his eyes somehow even brighter and more dangerous. He was stalking, assessing, but quickly growing impatient. Big whoops! She started slowly stepping back and trying to talk him down, but... "He's not being very reasonable either... so naughty!"

She didn't want to hurt him but... how could she tame him with only meat and no cage while he was being so rude??

[wc: 657 || total: 3463]
Iris
Iris

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Luchta Dagda Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:58 pm

---

"You're right! Let's!" Luchta heard leave the lips of the new excited and energised young girl, her gleeful face the last thing he saw before she sprinted off deeper into the undergrowth. "He said he's hungry, but can't find my snack. His snooter has snooted it. It's right here, teddypurr!” The elf was left now stood alone, his hand returning to normal and the slightest sound of a chuckle in surprise leaving him. His eyebrows raised in amusement and interest as he was moments away from running after his new companion, but first he turned away and gave a soft whistle.

Moments later, as if hiding in wait for the summoning call, a small head appeared from behind a bush. The creature was small, likely easily held in the man’s arms without much undue effort, and it’s large golden eyes looked up at him curious as to why they had been called. It’s fur was mostly a slightly off white, with the left hand side of it’s face and body covered in a large brown patch and a few smaller darker patches of fur dotted around it’s body. Luchta lowered himself to one knee and without much hesitation the feline approached him, rubbing against his head and purring quietly though not spending anymore time looking at him, instead gazing off seemingly uncaring of the roar it had heard not much earlier.

“I know, i know.” he whispered under his breath, pretending he had any idea what the cat was thinking as he played one handed with it’s ear. “Stay hidden for now Mr Sandman. Once this is dealt with we can see about returning home, wherever that might be next.” Luchta smiled warmly as he sighed, rising to his feet as the tiny companion strutted away seemingly on an adventure of it’s own.

When the half-elf reached the clearing that Peony had run to, now face to face with the great Tigrear, Luchta had arrived just in time to hear her speak as she backed away cautiously. "He's not being very reasonable either... so naughty!” He wondered for a moment what it was about this past year that had led him to encounter so many kind hearted souls who were far too friendly for their own good, but whatever it was he knew he had to keep her safe if not bring harm to the beast she was adorably scolding.

The large creature began to rear itself slightly, it’s head pulling away for a moment before shooting forward with another roar, as if to warn off the stubborn girl who’s eyes never left it’s own. Luchta knew that while the roar itself would not harm her, the acidic venom that sprayed from it’s maw would surely leave a burn. In a heartbeat he found both arms outstretched, vines and branches lashing out with the speed of an arrow before slowing just in time to securely and gently wrap around the waist of the gentle girl. Lifting her off the ground only an inch or so, before moving her back a couple metres just in time for splotches of acid to land where she had been stood only a moment prior.

He wondered to himself how they could cage such a creature, after all he could use himself to make a cage but how long he could last against the likely powerful attacks of this Tigrear? It would be a guessing game he would not leave in one piece. But she had meat, he had himself and they had time, it was a start if nothing else. “I’m sorry to say Peony but i think your friend is having a rather grouchy day. Any ideas?”

Word Count; 615
made bycapt. meows
Luchta Dagda
Luchta Dagda

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:53 am

"Mister Drooly Mouth, how rude," she continued to softly scold, seeming unfazed by being wrapped, lifted, and moved. She continued to speak as if nothing was happening, her hands resting on the wood encasing her hips. "Don't you see I'm trying to make you my friend?" she asked, to which it grunted as if responding before roaring again. "What do you mean you don't want to be friends with people? I'm not a people, I'm a Peony! A Peony with meat I brought just for you!"

Once she was back on her feet again, her nose scrunched up at whatever the creature had said after that, but she was not deterred. "You stay there, mister!" she said, and oddly enough, the beast didn't advance. For now. He clearly wasn't happy, but seemed to be a tad perplexed by a demon girl conversing with him.

Turning her back to it and facing her new Luchta friend, she addressed her savior, though she hardly registered he'd done anything. Peony was far more focused on the Tigrear. "Yes, he's having a very grouchy day. Apparently, some tourists wandered out into his territory and scared away his lunch he'd been hunting all morning. And on his birthday, too!" she huffed, tapping her chin in thought. Though it did occur to her that they could try to find his prey and bring it back, that wasn't really Peony's style. The demonata hated the thought of hurting animals, to the point that she didn't even eat them anymore. The meat in her bag actually made her a bit uncomfortable, but she knew that many monsters were carnivorous. Besides, the poor remains in her bag were already dead before she even made the purchase... letting the meat go bad would be a waste of its sacrifice...

"We need to trap him somehow, like a cage or a pit or a cave with something blocking it. He'll be mad, but the meat should calm him down. Can you only control your body wood or can you control naturey thingies too?" her voice chirped hopefully, proving she had been aware of his save earlier. "If only I had some Dozey Dust... Do you have any, Luchta?"

[wc: 367 || total: 4445]
Iris
Iris

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Luchta Dagda Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:21 pm

---

"We need to trap him somehow, like a cage or a pit or a cave with something blocking it. He'll be mad, but the meat should calm him down. Can you only control your body wood or can you control naturey thingies too? If only I had some Dozey Dust... Do you have any, Luchta?” The half-elf recalled his wooden wrappings from her as she asked, his expression making it clear he was trying to figure out if she was magical or a bit out of her mind. The idea of someone being able to converse with beasts after all isn’t an impossibility, but neither was the idea of someone thinking they could, especially someone as gentle and young minded as the demon girl close to him. Whether or not she had a connection to this creature though didn’t change his answer, not did it change his list of priorities on their venture.

“I do not im sorry to say, and while i’m no able to control the forest, i can control myself to change the forrest.” At first it was likely his words were more cryptic than he realised, the pause after he spoke especially being dramatic in its seeming absence of action. The only sign hat he was in fact doing anything was in how branches fro this legs curled over the top of his boots and dove into the ground beneath them. His eyes going almost void of awareness as he poured his concentration into the task.

He could feel them, every branch and tendril a part of him, splitting and spreading beneath the earth, shifting through the dirt and pushing it all aside, the sharp tips of each root like piece spreading in the direction of the great beast but not too close to the surface. At first the effects were almost unforeseen, but gradually the earth around the Tigrear, A few feet in every direction of it getting raised ever so slightly. The ground itself being pushed up in a shallow ring as if to mark the beast and let it be known where it was to remain. It is likely it would have left then and there if not for the confusion even it’s bestial features portrayed. Snarls and roars snapping out in rebellion towards it’s new spotlight. But it wasn’t just the ring that raised, further and further out the ground beneath them became raised by a few inches, leaving only the space of the tiger at its original height. The more apparent raises in level however were around the nearby trees and bushes, the dirt pushing up where their root’s hurried to make the trees seem shorter almost.

“Let us hope it is not keen on jumping, my gentle Peony friend.” Luchta smiled, his eyes still absent until in one moment, he blinked back to reality. Just in time for a shocked yelp from the towering beast as the very earth beneath it gave way. His roots had not in fact been heading for the creature but instead for the dirt beneath it, moving and dragging away a clearing that instead became filled with…well, him. Digging several feet deeper than he estimated it’s height was, he moved all the excess earth away and filled up the surrounding area as best he could to stall for time, as to not scare it into running away too soon. When it fell it was not too far as to cause any harm, but deep enough he hoped it would not climb out too easily, but just incase it did he moved his branches once more but this time to form a cage like sheet of bars at the top, he would have to remain still as he did so, but it would be enough perhaps to grant his ally some time to figure out how to calm the Tigrear. “How does a pit and a cage sound?”

Word Count; 654
made bycapt. meows
Luchta Dagda
Luchta Dagda

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:50 am

Indeed, Luchta's cryptic response flew unhindered over her head of curly rose-brown hair. Pink eyes blinking without understanding, the demonata looked down at his rooted legs, then toward the beast. The magic taking place should have had more of her attention, but instead, Peony stood and watched him with bated breath. It was a rare thing to keep the girl's attention, but the way his eyes stared as if unseeing was eerie enough to earn her concern. For all her extreme curiosity, she was quite a caring girl as well. She hated to see anything in distress, and she couldn't tell if this was a distressed Luchta or not.

However, it seemed her concern was for nothing in the end. He'd been doing a wonderfully magical thing under the dirt, something that had her gasping in awe once she finally turned from him to see. After a rather air-headed giggle, her feet nearly skipped with excitement as she ran off to the edge of the pit cave he'd made, a smile pulling her soft pink lips upward in pure glee. "Oh, you're amazing!" she gushed, peering down at the angrily pacing and roaring creature he'd trapped for her. "Such language!" she tutted at the potty-mouthed Tigrear, then turned with a flourish of her floofy skirt to look at her new friend again. "No, he can't jump, not until his species evolves to keep them from falling into pits, which could happen, maybe. I do think they'd look silly with giant, muscly legs and long feet, though, don't you? Less a Tigrear then and more like a Tigroo..." her mind wandered, but this time she did manage to reel herself back in before her train of thought shot off into orbit.

Back to the task at hand, she plopped down at the edge of the pit and patted the ground next to her as an invitation for her very helpful nature friend to sit. "This is absolutely perfect! The stars seemed lucky today, but I didn't think this lucky! I thought for sure the super luck would be attacked by luck-sucking gloomies, since they're always attracted to extremely good things. Won't you sit with me? I'll be feeding him until he calms down and decides to be my friend, but it could be a while," Peony's soft voice chattered as she busied herself with pulling the sack of meat out of her bag. She tossed the first piece in, which was largely snubbed by the irritated monster, though he was awful hungry. "If you sit with me, we can talk about important new friend things, such as your preferred tea for tea time and life-long dreams."

[wc: 445 || total: 5544]
Iris
Iris

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Luchta Dagda Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:57 pm

---

"No, he can't jump, not until his species evolves to keep them from falling into pits, which could happen, maybe. I do think they'd look silly with giant, muscly legs and long feet, though, don't you? Less a Tigrear then and more like a Tigroo…" While her knowledge of the capabilities of the creature was commendable, her attitude around it would be adorable if not muddied by the concern he genuinely feared for her if he had not been around. But such matters were worth nothing on his mind since he had nothing to fear of such an alternative time, he was there after all. Knowing that it would not physically be likely to jump up high enough to escape was enough measurement that he began to recall his growths from underground. Within moments every branch, root and twig that he had used to clear the ground and had used to form a cage pulled back untill he was stood there simply with elven feet once more.

The redhead walked over to the edge and took a seat beside his new friend. His bare feet spreading out once more into wooden webs that caged the top of the hole but this time he was not anchored standing several metres away. With a gentle sigh he closed his eyes and enjoyed the sensation of the breeze on his cheek and the gentle but not overwhelming warmth of the island that day. He heard the growls of the less than joyous beast below who was deciding whether to eat the offered meat but his expression seemed almost to forget the danger and he instead met the conversation options with deep thought and consideration. “Well of course, only the most important matters for busy people like us.”

With a warm grin he stared up at the sky before reaching up with his far more regular arm, scratching under his jaw as he put into words his first answers. “I cannot honestly say i have a preferred tea. my opinions tend to change every few decades though i think it’s cause i get worn out by certain blends if i have them too regularly, takes another few decades before they become a regular part of my diet again.” With a heavier sigh than before his eyes seemed even more distant yet still alert, remembering years gone by with an age that not the greatest in the world was still weathered by wisdom and memory. “As for dreams well, i have wishes more than i have goals lass. I want people to progress but be careful, to build what they need to keep each other happy and safe yet not so much that it harms the world around them. I love to drink, dance, play music, to live i suppose yet not in excess or to the detriment of others. The simpler i keep my plan the more room there is for life to lead wherever it may and i won’t be too upset by it.” He turned to the young demon girl and gave a playfully silly shrug. “Either that or i get too distracted to stick to a plan, either way i'm pretty happy with my lot”

Word Count; 534
made bycapt. meows
Luchta Dagda
Luchta Dagda

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:41 am

"Mhm, mhm," Peony nodded, her expression sagely despite her obvious deficites in intelligence, idly tossing in another piece of meat once her unwilling friend finally gave in and ate the last chunk. She'd probably missed the common bits people could take away from his answer, such as his allusion to his surprising age, but meeting beings that live very long lives would not be strange to an Eldritch like herself anyway. It was noted that he was considerate of others, which was a nice trait she liked but already knew. Luchta's answer about tea, however, wasn't clear enough for her to know what to serve when she inevitably invited him to a tea party, and he'd included no actual dreams, much to her disappointment.

When she'd said 'life-long', she'd meant reoccurring, and 'dreams' she'd meant quite literally, though ultimately it'd wind back around to meaning the same thing in her answer. Luchta wouldn't really know that, of course, and thus, her answer wouild be as weird as everything else she'd said and done today.

"When I was a kid I always dreamed that monsters and animals were falling like raindrops from little sheepy clouds. Like, really, very small raindrops like real rain drops, except they were creatures. And people kept trying to scoop them up with their hands, but they'd slip through their fingers. Big feet almost stomped on puddles of them and they'd run away, grow up, and become big and lonely and scared. So Dream Me strapped a barrel to my back to catch the animal rain and keep it, and I happily traveled the world with my barrel full of watery monsters until I had at least one of every kind. Then I went to my house and spilled the barrel all over the dirt in a white fenced pen, and all my friends sprouted like flowers and sang! I think that was the universe telling me that the creatures are my friends and I should go make lots, don't you? I decided I'd travel and find them all so we can settle down in a cute little cottage somewhere where we can have tea parties whenever we want, where they understand me and nothing bad ever happens."

The demoness's quiet and spacy explanation flowed from her smiling, blissful lips, which never once faltered. Such a gentle creature seemed a strange fit within her race, and that was certainly true. Peculiar and light-hearted as her ramblings might be, she unintentionally made her own allusions to times in the past that had hurt her, things she tried not to think about but also desperately wished to avoid repeating. Whatever the "bad" was, she hid from it and covered it with animal stickers and flowers.

"My favorite is Moonflower Honey," she abruptly spoke again, referring to tea, of course. "Since you don't know what one you like, how will I know what to serve you at the tea party? Or maybe you'd prefer dancing and music like you said? I guess it wouldn't be a tea party then, but all of those do sound nice in their own way. I like dancing and music, I used to do that all the time with my sisters! Oh, and sing! But if you like drinking but don't have a favorite tea, what do you drink then?" Peony asked, her rosy-brown head tilting in confusion. She'd misunderstood that he meant alcohol, taking the word 'drinking' literally as well. Maybe he liked apple juice? Apple juice party...

[wc: 584 || total: 6662]
Iris
Iris

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Luchta Dagda Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:16 pm

---

Time was cruel in many ways but it had it’s kindness, for those at least willing to see it as such. For as Luchta spent his life walking the earth he met many people, most of which he doubted were still around today. But in that diversity and network of introductions he had met those hailing from every race he knew existed, each of which ranging from the worst to the best of their kind. Yet in almost four hundred years he had never met an Eldritch, never mind a demon, as gentle as the one who sat beside him. She was odd to be sure, but the oddities in life is what made existence such an experience and why he found himself bored by the artificial nature of life in places such as Rivengate.

“Well im afraid my dreams as magical as they may have been were quite different. I never saw raindrops of creatures big or small, and i never collected them to raise one day at a home of my own. But my younger years carried curiosities of it’s own.” As Luchta spoke he lifted up his right arm, the skin almost vanishing as the limb turned to wood and the fingers separated into branches, and out from the cracks and gaps between the offshoots loaded out small orbs of golden light. Each one dancing gently up on the breeze, though due to the daylight above they did not offer any real illumination. “My dreams were of green skies swimming with light and of groves where names were forgotten and faces were only for show. Where every tree had a soul and every rock a story, i would walk between graves carved from materials i had no name for and where the wind carried songs i could not understand yet always felt a connection to.”

The orbs stopped appearing from his grasp and the limb turned back to it’s elven flesh, the paleness of his skin a night and day contrast to the rich wood it had been only a moment prior. “Being around my parents made the world feel different, and where i do not know what was a dream and what was my reality, but now i share a world with friends like you and for that i am willing to face the bad.” With a gentle smile he looked down at the demoness and let out a small sigh, his left hand reaching out in perfect time to stroke the soft fur of Mr Sandman who had snuck up on the pair. “This world has as many creatures as it does raindrops Peony, and i hope plenty of them get to enjoy the cottage with you someday.”

As if by rehearsal Mr Sandman began to climb Luchta’s arm, slowly and lazily clawing and hanging from his shoulder as they acted for their true perch to appear. A thin but deceptively strong branch sprouting from under the collar of his shirt and reaching up like a miniature tree that the feline climbed onto and aged down at the larger beast below. “As for the tea however you make it appear that we are short of time. Time is something we have aplenty is it not? So why must i pick a single tea when i have the opportunity to try multiple. I cannot make a choice without learning now can i? But as for other drinks i do enjoy spring water, though i am also fond of many cadres and meads. A milkshake or two can also be pleasant though the last time i tried to purchase some they said it was out of order, though it has been thirteen years now so perhaps they fixed the issue.”

Word Count; 623
made bycapt. meows
Luchta Dagda
Luchta Dagda

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:06 am

Easily fascinated, her eyes widened and her pink pout parted at the pretty lights. Reaching up, she managed to trap one between two cupped hands, and after watching all the others float away in wonder, she then peeked her eye into her small prison to watch whatever it was glow up close. "What a pretty dream," she commented airily, and otherwise fell quiet to continue to listen.

With the appearance of the cat, however, Peony promptly released the light and angled herself to sweetly gaze upon the furball. She held her hand out to him so he could sniff and decide whether he wanted to be pet or not. While he decided, she spoke again. "I knew Luchta was part tree, but I didn't know that included cat trees," she giggled before snapping back to the other conversation. "So, when I have my cottage and the tea party, we'll wear masks and forget our names. I won't be Peony or Lanna, and you won't be Luchta, and we'll just peacefully exist and drink... Oh, Moonflower Honey and Dragon's Tear, and maybe some earthy Hoptus Mint... and caramel milkshakes that won't take thirteen years... and I've never had mead!" Peony chirped, very seriously planning an event that was very likely far into the future, if possible at all.

Tossing another piece of meat into the pit without looking, she decided it was time to speak directly with the cat. "Would you like to come to the party, too?" she asked, still waiting for the domestic animal's permission to touch. "Though we will promptly forget it once the party starts, I'll have to have your name for the invitation. Will you give it to me?" the demonata asked Luchta's pet, talking to it as if it were a person just as she had the Tigrear.

[wc: 303 || total: 7588]
Iris
Iris

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Luchta Dagda Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:19 am

---

Lucha tilted his head at the question and tried to angle his gaze to meet that of the feline perched above him. He didn’t see their expression but he knew his adventuring partner well enough to know they would not take offence by one like Peony. If anything they were likely to be reminded of their other friend Kari, one the pair had not seen in some time by this point. “Where i go i am not often alone, Mr Sandman here is always near even if i cannot see where exactly.”

Every word was true on that matter, wherever he went he no longer felt alone. Whether on his shoulder, by his ankle or round a corner where he couldn’t be seen Sandman was always with him. Sure there would come a day when he was too old to appropriately travel and maybe on that day Luchta would find a home to take care of him in until his adventures resumed, but time as an immortal would come with many times like that and Sandman deserved it no less than any humanoid companion.

Without saying a word in response to her question though Luchta gave a nod, smiling gently and moving his branch so that the cat was carried closer to her reach so that she may pet the tired but very comfy figure. “Even with his last owner he was never viscous, but always curious."

Word Count; 237
made bycapt. meows
Luchta Dagda
Luchta Dagda

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:33 am

"Ah, Mr. Sandman!" Peony exclaimed, if such a noise could be called that. Even when excited, her tone was still soft and timid, like a passing cloud. "A lovely name," she smiled approvingly, gently petting the furry creature as Luchta offered the feline up. "You must have walked a lot to meet our Mr. Luchta all the way out here. What a good friend! You've earned yourself an invite to the tea party. I'll make you a lovely catmint tea."

Though she wondered if Mr. Sandman was shy and that's why he wouldn't speak to her directly, the demoness wasn't one to press quiet creatures. She really was perfectly able to understand nearly every monster and animal she'd come across as if they were speaking Vyldermire's native tongue (despite what some think), but non-people weren't held to the social obligations and manners of Vylderfolk. They would talk to her if they wanted or pretend they simply hadn't heard her.

Once she was finished petting the sleepy kitty, she turned and tossed the last piece of meat into the beast trapped in the pit. At some point during their conversations on dreams, parties, and furry friends, the Tigrear had quieted. The last chunk was consumed gently as if all the anger and hunger had ebbed away into docile acceptance. Bursting into a grin, Peony leaned forward to look down at her new pet. "Oh! Are you feeling better now, Mr. Birthday Boy?" she called down into the cage, and was met by a 'yes, thank you' from the beast, though to anyone else it was more like a 'roaeow'. The rose-brunette shook her head back and forth with glee. "Wonderful!" she grinned, "Do you want to come with me and be my friend? I'll make sure you have plenty to eat, so you won't need to bite any more people-limbs, okay?" Peony had to make sure he'd behave, after all.

Once she was assured that her new Tigrear was feeling amicable, she turned to Luchta. "Can you free him now? He's ready to be my Mr. Sandman, only a lot bigger," the freespirit giggled, raising a hand to stifle the giddy sound with curled fingers.

[wc: 364 || total: 8189]
Iris
Iris

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Luchta Dagda Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:54 pm

---

There were many things in life that were intoxicating, things that were contagious and spread like wildfire. It was when Peony had finished speaking to the beast below however that Luchta learned of another thing to add to that list. The small demon’s giggle, her soft and wholesome exclamation of joy and excitement triggered in the half blood something that he had no control over, a giggles laughter of his own as he shook his head and looked down at the Tigrear. He had no real reason to trust her judgement, and no reason to believe the beast was tamed, but he was no hunter or seeker of pelts and so held no desire to keep the creature caged beneath his feet forever. “If that is what you wish.” He said simply.

With a sound that was like a whip yet rustled like a stampede through a sea of leaves the cage was recalled. Branching, root like tendrils piling back and scraping against both each other and he ground as the returned to the body of the Gaiyan. Within moments his feet were normal again, bare elven dangling over the edge as he reached behind himself and grasped the boots he had left behind. Sliding them on as he looked up at Mr Sandman. “You hear that friend? You have a big brother, or little brother…” He glanced down at the predator then across to Peony who he met with a shrug. “I’m afraid i know little of the lifespan for their kind, all i know is that it is not quite the same as ours." Age and mortality were two things he preferred not to think about, it was as much a vital part of the natural cycle as i was the curse of nature. Each year the leaves would fall, the flowers would fade and the fruit would rot yet it continued ever on. It was the way of things and a cycle his parent protected for untold numbers of years, all that was left to luchta was to try and enjoy life in each stage of it’s journey.

With a deep breath the elf sat up from the edge and rose to his feet, heels planted further from the edge of the hole as he awaited to see what came of his newest friend’s efforts. He had no doubt that the question of how she talked to animals was a common one, but he could already tell the true talent was in the listening. To understand the beasts around her and thus the only proper trick to communicating with them as if they were any other creature of their world. Luchat had spoken to werewolves, Angels, Anthros of every kind and even an ethereal spirit of wishes from another world. But he had never had tea with a Tigrear before, a large portion of his heart hoped he would get the chance, there was a lot that could be learned from one as peaceful as Peony. “Sometimes the furriest friends are the best friends we could wish for, i hope yours is as unique but comforting as my own.”

Word Count; 521
Total Word Count; 4865
made bycapt. meows
Luchta Dagda
Luchta Dagda

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:25 am

"Mmm, I'd say younger, though Mr. Sandman didn't tell me his age...or anything really," the whimsical demoness replied thoughtfully, still enamored with her friend's woodsome abilities, but able to drag her focus back to the more important issues on her own this time. "Come on up... Hmmm, what should I call you?" she asked, head tilting to the side. "Do you have a name?"

It seemed the creature didn't have one, since Peony continued to ponder intensely while getting to her feet. Swishing her full skirt back and forth idly, her rosebud hues held a far away gleam.

Released from his prison, the Tigrear quickly climbed his way out of the pit, standing on his hind legs before the pair with a mighty roar of triumph. Many would have played it safe and ran, yet Peony didn't even flinch. She didn't even look any more present in the situation, but apparently she was somewhat aware. She simply side-stepped any of the acidic cyan drool, still deep in thought. "Berric?" she asked.

Thumping down to all fours, her knew pet made a grumbling noise and huffed. "Don't like it?" Another grumbling noise. "Hehe, that was a cute sound... Oh! Gororo? You like Gororo? Goro for shortsies?"

This seemed acceptable. The creature begane to purr and nuzzled its nose into her shoulder, so she sunk her slender fingers into this thick goat at last, releasing a giggle of pure joy. Goro then turned his attention onto Luchta and the small cat, pulling his lips up threateningly.

"No, no! Goro, this is my friend. Luchta and his furry friend, Mr. Sandman, who is now you're big brother. Be nice," she...scolded? Encouraged? It was hard to tell with her soft tone and cherub smile. "He helped us bond, wasn't that nice of him?" she asked, though it seemingly wasn't to her intimidating pet. She was gazing at Luchta now, expression overflowing with warmth and appreciation. After a moment of just looking, she eased into a bow, a motion Goro mirrored by lowering his head.

"Thank you, Luchta. Very much. How can I repay you?"

[wc: 350 || total: 9060]
Iris
Iris

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down