Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Free Me From Who I Am [Karimah] WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» reminiscent: personified spirit panfandom
by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:40 am

» Lusamine
by Lusamine Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:09 pm

» A Dangerous Game {Closed/Tag: Kiigan}
by Kiigan Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:42 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Kiigan Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 am

» A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]
by Katsumi Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
No user

Donations

Free Me From Who I Am [Karimah]

Go down

Free Me From Who I Am [Karimah] Empty Free Me From Who I Am [Karimah]

Post by Dio Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:34 pm

Free Me From Who I Am [Karimah] 0kpaBe1

A crow, flying high above the land, circled on drafts of air for a few moments before heading north. Having just feasted on the carcass of a fallen buffalope, it was time to head back to its nest in the mountains. Spring had brought out the plant life, and thus, more options for food. The crow’s beady eyes followed a mouse to its hole in the ground, but left it alone. Below, the plains transformed gradually into hills. The rougher landscape warped the crow’s shadow on the ground as it flew, rippling in draws, tumbling in creeks, scattering over trees.

Hills steepened quickly into foothills with deep ravines and rocky outcroppings. The mountains of the northern part of the Mirinah region rose in the distance, their snowy caps like cold sentinels watching over the continent. The crow circled above a ravine, looking over the area around the tall coniferous tree it called home. Something felt off to it, a presence that wasn’t there before. Swooping lower, it landed on a tree branch to get a closer look.

As it had sensed, things were not right. An intruder had taken up residence, albeit temporary, in the clearing. Below the bird was the creek, tumbling furiously with the spring runoff. On a large, flat boulder on the shore, a cloaked figure sat with its legs crossed. The white fabric stood out like a patch of snow that had fallen among the lush green. It hid his body from view but the hood had been pulled off. Long, luscious blue hair fell from his head and almost touched the rock. It was near the same color as the flowers growing on the shore just inches away, a soft blue.

The person could almost be taken for a human if it weren’t for the sharp blue horns protruding from his temples and the pointed elf ears peeking out from under his hair. That, and the intense energy emanating around him that was unmistakably Demonata to those who knew what it felt like. The air felt heavy and sharp, a sense of uneasy wrongness that permeated every breath one would take.

The crow cawed out a warning into the air, piercing through the sound of rushing water. Dio clenched his fingers, digging fingernails into his knees. He grit his teeth, a pained look causing harsh lines on his beautiful face. The crow had broken his concentration, snapping the peaceful bubble of meditation he was barely holding on to.

Dio took a few deep breaths. He had to stay calm, peaceful, and focused. The physical pain he was in was taxing enough, but the emotional pain was almost worse. He determinedly refused to let himself thoroughly feel the anger he wanted to express. Anger at himself, his mother, his father, his brother. Anger at the world for its unfairness. Why did it seem like the odds were against him at every turn? Why did he have to have a brother intent on killing him mercilessly? It was there in his heart, a deep hatred he couldn’t let free. The demonata blood in his veins loved hatred, thrived on it. He wouldn’t let it.

The hybrid took deep breaths through his teeth, letting out a quiet hiss with each exhale. His eyes were closed, the thick eyelashes wet from the tears that were beginning to leak down his perfect cheeks. Focus, he told himself over and over, desperately clinging on to the control that meditation lent him. Letting himself be still and using the power of controlled breathing would speed up the healing process thanks to the elf blood in his veins.

Unbeknownst to Dio, blood was seeping out from his wound and through his robes. It trickled down the boulder, turning the gray granite into red on its way. At the bottom, it dripped into the rushing creek, swirled away into the cold depths.

Post WC: 648 Thread WC: XXX Tagged:  @Karimah   Music: Wondering  
Dio
Dio

VylderGold : 1165

Back to top Go down

Free Me From Who I Am [Karimah] Empty Re: Free Me From Who I Am [Karimah]

Post by Karimah Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:03 pm

Free Me From Who I Am [Karimah] Posting-temp2

---

In a vast space dominated by the lush greenery between the rushing stream and the rustling trees, an entity was dancing sans legs and arms among the flowers. Thanks to this thicket of flora and fauna, the spirit was bored no more.

Whether this luminescent creature was a fairy, or a demon, such a dazzling vision should have alarmed those near or far of an otherworldly presence in their midst. There was no sound, though smoke that glowed plumed radiantly over the florets, so closely did it hover about to inspect the wondrous garden.

When the mysterious form learned it was not alone, it did not continue to sway with usual gaiety, it did move closer as though to inquire, but could not and was doubtful. While the little thing fretted, a crow had arrived to express its grievances over the scenic ravine which pulled the porcelain doll, perched upon the cool boulder, out of his reverie and spooked the curious spirit into hiding as best as one with such a flashy exterior really could.

In their panic, they had no time to properly conceal their ghostly, incorporeal appearance and could only watch as the young man breathed through his teeth and squeezed from his eyes fresh tears borne of agony. Caution they might have felt for him was waived and in its place came a powerful wave of sympathy that moved all the stars in their small universe.

It glided over the bountiful blades of grass; it crept up the side of the boulder and left behind a smouldering fume of blue, for from the mist emerged a swarthy complexion with eyes of caramel. The genderless entity took on the body of a woman who was not quite so tall and wore a pink blouse and a simple green skirt as she sat on the edge of the same rock he occupied.

If he did not pick up on her being so close, then she made sure to use this brave moment to scan the overall aesthetic of this mystifying creature. Tears marred his beauty, his face creasing with a pain she could only see, and, with a hand that oddly enough trembled— the silvery-haired youth quietly summoned a clean handkerchief to dry his tears away.

Why are you crying? She wanted to ask, but she couldn’t speak due to the growing tightness she found hard to explain as it enveloped her heart and throat. It might have been fear for the horns upon his head, but her feelings came from — for a lack of a better word — the deepest sort of pity.

Her intentions were clearly harmless, but even she felt a little strange for lingering unannounced. With that same article in her hand, the silent djinn just about nearly touched his cheek with it before she thought to look down and capture with her eyes an image that ignited only the gravest concern and urgency.

The breath she held for so long came out as an unexpected gasp that could shake the very earth. “You are bleeding!” finally cried the djinn.

“Let me help you,” she begged suddenly, her eyes flashing with horror. If she got this far, then she continued with such panicked rapidity.

“You must say this quickly,” she instructed, despite the emotional duress they were both under, “You—You must say: I wish to be healed. I can make that happen for you, you only need to utter just that.”

Normally, she would have tried without the aid of his words, but healing magic often did a number on her. In short, it proved more effective when two consented to it rather than just Karimah alone. The power of agreement was far superior within her realm of magic than when she did things on her own.

Word Count; 633
made bycapt. meows
Karimah
Karimah

VylderGold : 54225

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:26 pm

There came a faint noise around Dio, which did not draw his attention or break his focus as the crow had. He mistook it for the breeze dancing gently down from the mountains. If he were of right mind, he may have noticed that this breeze did not rustle the leaves, nor did it caress his tearful face. He may have noticed a presence next to him, a silent being that had appeared out of thin air. Yet, the pain and concentration stole away his awareness, save for that allocated towards noticing his brother’s presence. Should the demonata arrive to finish him off, Dio would be ready.

The sound of a sudden gasp and a feminine voice ripped Dio sharply out of his meditation. All of a sudden he became aware of the presence next to him. The hybrid was startled that he hadn’t noticed someone had approached, nor took up residence at his side. Whatever words were spoken didn’t take hold in his brain. Instinct took over, fear and adrenaline pulsed through his body. The sudden energy gave life to his stiff limbs. He lunged like a cornered panther, blindly attacking the person on the rock.

Grabbing the being up by the front of the shirt, he spun on his feet, bringing them both off the rock and into the grass. With strength fueled by adrenaline, pain momentarily forgotten, Dio slammed the stranger back-first against a large tree. His grip shifted from the pink shirt to their throat, fingers digging in just under their jaw. The clutch wasn’t enough to harm, but if he so desired, he could clench his fist and feel the life slip out from beneath his fingertips.

“Who are you?! Did Izai send you?!” he spat rabidly at the person, his powder blue eyes wide and crazed like that of a wild animal. He realized the intruder was a small woman. It didn’t matter to him. Izai’s minions could be of any creed. Fear had taken any rational sense from him, and pain had left him willing to fight tooth and nail to save his own life.

Post WC: 352 Thread WC: 1,000 Tagged:  @Karimah   Music: Horns  
Dio
Dio

Back to top Go down

Post by Karimah Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:46 pm

Free Me From Who I Am [Karimah] Posting-temp2

---

The silent, self-proclaimed magical servant lowered her head fearfully and tried to scramble off the smooth end of the boulder. “Forgive me. I should have announced my—M—SELF!” cried Karimah pathetically, dropping the handkerchief as it disappeared from her grasp.

The young man on the rock was much too quick to evade, and the frightened foreigner, caught by a strong hand, twisted wildly about and struggled to maintain her footing as he held her by the shirt and forced her off the rock. The light streamed over his silky fair hair. His face, though a massive blur to her now due to the momentum picking up, was marked by a wave of animalistic desperation, anger and it additionally might have even held a special place in her nightmares.

No one had ever looked upon her with such fury before. The wide-eyed girl was so spooked by the intensity of his actions, that her struggles became rabbit-like in nature— wild and weak — but aside from her own fears, there was also the issue of his delicate mortal state. She would address this one more time.

“Stop! You are making a terrible mistake! I am not the one you should—” she shrieked, wrapping her hands around his snow-white wrist. She screamed like a little bird, her chest heaving as she tried to control her breathing.

Being slammed against a tree was relatively unpleasant for Karimah, and so were the nails settling beneath her jaw. “Pl-Please, cease your accusations! I do not know who this Izai is! Must I remind you, that you will bleed out and die if you continue to waste your limited time on something as insignificant as me? As the saying goes, time waits for no one. I —I am Karimah,” she tried to reason with the poor, ethereal being and honor both questions at the same time, “and I am not worth your demise.”

She didn’t dare move, but nothing told her she couldn’t motion to the wound with her eyes. “Why should I dry the eyes of an enemy,” the wish granter gradually lost determination; yet she had enough courage to add to this small food for thought, “if I wanted so— Ah! —so badly to end your life? You have to believe me. You must! I gain nothing from this.”

She was terrified.

Not for her own wellbeing.

But whether or not he would allow her to ease his pain.

Word Count; 404
made bycapt. meows
Karimah
Karimah

VylderGold : 54225

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:55 pm

Dio narrowed his eyes warily as the woman in his grasp claimed not to know Izai. She sounded honest, but he was desperate and wounded, which made him ever more distrustful than he normally was. He couldn’t be too sure if she was very deceptive or genuinely innocent. Nothing in this world was certain to him, and past experiences had proven that others often lied and manipulated like it was second nature. A hunted hybrid could never be too cautious.

The little bird under his claws tried to convince him that she wasn’t worth the energy he was quickly losing. Dio became acutely aware of the warm blood dripping down his torso, staining his pristine white robes, and his face hardened. The very obvious puncture made him appear weak, easy to prey on. Maintaining a vicious front and intimidating stature was the only way to keep the upper hand in his mind.

The woman - Karimah, as she had mentioned - desperately tried to convince him of her innocence. Dio continued to glare at her with piercing eyes and a stony face, but his grip loosened around her fragile throat as he thought about her words. He hadn’t noticed it at the time, but when he’d realized her presence he had felt a soft handkerchief on his cheek. If she had wanted to kill him, she would have done so instantly without drying his tears. Ever suspicious, Dio refused to let his guard down completely, but the sense she was talking caused him to let go of her neck completely.

“I’m fine. You claim not to know Izai, but then why are you here? What do you want?” Dio said coldly, his voice deep and harsh. He was not convinced that Karimah didn’t have some other ulterior motive, but he must calm down. The darkness inside that he had been suppressing with meditation was jumping in bloodthirsty excitement at his sudden violent outburst. He needed to relax in order to keep it in check, and to not exhaust himself beyond repair. The hybrid was starting to feel light-headed, and he could taste the bitter iron of blood in his mouth.

Post WC: 360 Thread WC: 2,397 Tagged:  @Karimah   Music: Link  
Dio
Dio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down