Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi] WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» reminiscent: personified spirit panfandom
by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:40 am

» Lusamine
by Lusamine Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:09 pm

» A Dangerous Game {Closed/Tag: Kiigan}
by Kiigan Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:42 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Kiigan Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 am

» A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]
by Katsumi Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
No user

Donations

A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi] Empty A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]

Post by Kupo Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:36 pm

Kupo Kawa had always woken up early.
Now, at sometime around four in the morning, he stirred. Wide green eyes lit up the room as the young hybrid opened them. With a yawn and a stretch, Kupo quickly regained his energetic demeanour. He took a moment to enjoy the warmth of being curled up under his blankets before jumping out of bed with a smile. "Kiliyan, good morning!" The old tradition of greeting the sun at the start of the day was something he'd learnt from his mother, and so he usually did so in the language of his ancestors. One good thing about waking up so early was that the bards at his college habitually woke up in the late morning, meaning he often didn't have to share the common areas as he got ready for the day.

Grabbing his clothes for the day and a towel, Kupo headed to the communal bath area, where he washed himself, dried off (lamenting that his tail typically took hours to dry) and got dressed. In a simple tunic, padded trousers and his very warm hooded cloak, Kupo did a little twirl in front of his mirror before heading out onto the balcony, a feature he was very happy the dorms had. It was now sunrise and the sight of the sun rising over the sea, illuminating the white cliffs, marble lighthouse and leveled streets of Miriad in an advancing wall of light was one of the boy's favourite things about the city. "Kiliyan!" A quiet greeting to the city and the sun that became louder as it echoed off of the uneven terraced city.

Once he was done admiring the sunrise, Kupo quickly got together his things for the day (including his pendant and ring) and raced out of his room into the college proper. Breakfast was provided for the students, something Kupo was very happy about as he enjoyed a simple meal of porridge with the city's local fruits, one of the few 'luxuries' he had been awarded while in servitude. He thanked the kitchen worker and left, seeing some of the other bards (mostly anthros) starting to fill the canteen with tired expressions, flashy clothing and the smell of tea. He hears what sounds like the start of an argument, sure to be settled witb creative insults and won by whoever could maintain their composure.

Finally, Kupo left the college campus entirely, wandering out onto the streets of Miriad's lower tiers. The crowds of people making their way to work and the market were starting to come out in full force now, it being sometime around seven to eight in the morning. Though he greeted everyone who passed with a smile, and most with a wave, the flow of anthros seemed to almost part around the boy, most people trying to simply ignore him and avoid eye contact. "My reputation precedes me.", he muttered with a half-hearted chuckle, still smiling. His destination was most likely the nearest tavern and then the market, to see if there were any odd jobs that needed doing.

[Post: 514/??? Words, Total: 514/??? Words]
@Katsumi
Kupo
Kupo

VylderGold : 813

Back to top Go down

A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi] Empty Re: A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]

Post by Katsumi Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:33 pm

A letter was sent ahead of time, a transfer student for a day would arrive today in the bard college. A few people would have prepared as they heard this girl was a Lapin daughter of a rich and wealthy merchant. Maybe adopted but she still was sent here by her adopted father to go to college. A few teachers were talking about it and how this would be quite a big deal wanting nothing else than this to go good. However, some of these conversations about her got loose and a few roamers started among the students.

A few students talked said she was just a commoner picked up by a wealthy merchant, as well as stories that she was a beauty of person, While others spoke of her age as well as her way that she would be a very strong person. Yet most would not know the truth, correction nobody knew the real truth.

Getting to the town of Miriad was quite a journey but at least it didn't take too much effort to travel with a cart here. Before the town a Pink hair Lapin walked and she took it upon herself to look over the letter she had gotten once more. Her target here in Miriad was a guy of unknown age, with about ear-length cream-like hair with green eyes. As well as being an Anthros as well. It was rare for the Lapin to get a target on another Antros but it was not anything special she killed them before. She walked passed the tavern she probably would stay after her contract is done. She looked over the letter yet again making sure she got everything, No added message no proof needed to give it just need to set it up, That meant for Kat that this was a straight-up target to hunt without outside trouble.

She had planned this trip for a bit and had sent a letter of invitation written by herself that a so-called adopted daughter of a wealthy merchant would come to the college for a week. It was the perfect plan for her to get her target what she presumed to be just a rich guy learning to be fancy noble or something. And why not get started with a good lie and set up her own twists and turns. The letter seemed legit and Kat got a reply back quite fast. Now with her plan in action, she was ready to take out her target, find him in this college and kill him before the end of the week.

Approaching the college it still was quite early, but she wrote in the fake letter she would be here early. And as suspected once she entered a man walked up to her very quickly. "You must be miss Quincy Leveque, The transfer student. I'm professor Merdrick it's nice to meet you. I'll give you a tour and show you to the dormitory for girls,"  he said happily as 'Quincy' Nodded and followed him. "If I may ask Professor Merdrick, has my father talked about my abilities, or do I have to prove myself as well,"  Kat said in the most pose way ever charming and smiling while she spoke. Professor Merdrick nodded but told that for right now it would not be a problem at all.

Life itself started slowly and a few students saw Kat, now known as Quincy Leveque being toured by one of their professors, and some of the students even began to whisper a bit about her. The News went around fast and before anyone could say a word the News of the transfer student was around.

Word count: 612
total Word Count: 1126
Katsumi
Katsumi

VylderGold : 859

Back to top Go down

Post by Kupo Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:34 am

If anything can be relied on, more than death or taxes, it is that bards will gossip.
As 'Quincy Leveque' made her entrance, the college was ablaze, barely-credible information of all kinds spreading like a raging fire.
"Did you hear? Apparently she was adopted by some noble. Or was it a merchant"
"Adopted by a merchant and then sent away here? Where have I heard that one before?"
"I heard she can kill a man with a look, or a kiss~"
"Shut up Lorelei, bet you wanna kiss her and just don't want competition."
"What, and you wouldn't, Hermes? Look at her!"

Like a raging fire.

Outside of the college, Kupo had reached the tavern and, dejected, looked up at the quest board. "Looks like the Adventurer's Guild took all the quests again." He checked over it once more, but there were no listings that he could even dream of fulfilling right now. "Oh well, there's always tomorrow!" Without missing a beat, the facade of everlasting happiness returned. "Next stop, the market!" He arrived there in almost no time at all, familiar with Miriad's terraced streets and the shortcuts that were available to him thanks to his size and agility. There was already a bustling atmosphere, as almost all of the vendors had set up their stalls of various trinkets, street food, weirdly underpriced goods and a whole lot of noise. It was a wonder how nearly all of the vendors were anthros with the racket they were making.

One particular stall, well more like a shop with multiple employees, was currently headed by a friend of Kupo's. "Morning, Tol! Got anything interesting on sale today?"
The Inu man (named Tollir Greymane) cut an imposing figure, quite literally twice the boy's height and 4 times the size with bronzed skin, steel gray hair and heterochromic blue and green eyes. As he looked down at Kupo, though, his visage was soft and he seemed more paternal than menacing, a look that was slowly replaced with dawning shame. "Oh, hey Bright-Eyes! Looking...bright as usual...heh." It was plain that something was wrong, and Kupo was quick to try and figure out what.
"Are you feeling okay Tol? You look like you've just seen a ghost! Is something wrong with your family or-"
"I'm...fine, don't worry about me." He paused, seemingly struggling to speak to Kupo. "The thing is, I'm not really meant to be talking to you. We're not supposed to do any dealings with half-breeds."
Kupo blinked, not sure how to react. "Very funny, I'm a regular customer! You've never had any problem with that before?"
Tollir sighed, now looking Kupo straight in the eyes. "No, I'm serious. We had a change in ownership, and they're enforcing a new policy. I really can't afford to lose this job. I can come see you after I finish, maybe bring you something, but you have to leave before somebody sees us. I'm really sorry, Kupo." With the Inu spirit of undying loyalty, it must've been heartbreaking, moreso for Tollir than the person he was supposedly betraying.
Kupo was quiet, and his gaze was low, but he suddenly perked up, looking up at the man with a warm, forgiving smile. He could not allow the mask to slip, not now. He made sure to speak clearly, ensuring there would be no misunderstandings if someone had seen the pair. "You can't serve me? That's fine, I understand. I'll see you later, yeah Tol?"

With a quick wave, he left the storefront, though in doing so he noticed a sign next to the shop's. He recognised it almost immediately as the symbol of one of his father's rivals, known in Riverforte for his relentless human-first business practices. So what was he doing in Miriad of all cities? Looking around, Kupo saw that almost half of the larger shops in the permanent buildings lining the market street bore the same symbol. What was going on here?

[Post: 658/??? Words, Total: 1814/??? Words]
Kupo
Kupo

Back to top Go down

Post by Katsumi Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:35 am

Following professor Merdrick around for a tour, Kat noticed the gossip around her and she laughed a bit knowing she was older than some of them. Tho she saw split focusing at all times while getting the tour. First, they came past the library. There she was introduced to the librarian who greeted Kat or in this case Quincy warm and welcomely. "I presume you must be miss Leveque, It's a pleasure to meet someone of such high standards," The Librarian said to her only for Kat to smile back and spoke very carefully and calmly "Well its all my pleasure, I hope my father has not made to high requests for me." The Librarian shocked her head answering with a quick no. Following Professor Merdrick again outside of the library they kept moving.

They passed some of the classes as well as a small common room where a few students ended up staring at her like she was some celebrity. It was quite interesting to see but at least nobody would even get close to her to even ask for anything at all. Entering the cafeteria next more eyes of students focused on her, but Professor Merdrick spoke to Kat "Miss Leveque, this is where you can get your food, I'm sorry for it not being up to your normal standard but you can always ask the cooks to make something special for you!" he said to her only for Kat to nod and just go for the simple acknowledgment of his statement. Looking around herself she was trying to find and see if they could find anyone that was her target but she was out of luck.

Yet again following Professor Merdrick they stopped at the doors to the dormitory for the students and he let her follow him. Taking a bit he stopped at a door, "Miss Leveque this is where you will be staying for the time, I hope it's for your liking," as he opened the door for her, There was not much just the things you need in a room. "It's fine for now, if you may leave me now Professor I need to unpack my bag," Kat said with a smile charming her way past people as always. The Professor left and Kat closed the door behind him.

Finally left alone! Kat just placed herself down on the bed being exhausted after her travel and then also being surrounded by a lot of people wanting her attention. "Uuugh this is what college is like, I'm kind of happy I grew up lowborn without even the money to go to these things!" Kat said looking up at the ceiling before getting up again and looking around. She walked over to the balcony that she had and started to pull out a lockpick and just mess with the door. After a bit she could use her Lockpick to open and close it without much sound. Looking out from the balcony she stared a bit, it was easy to get up here by either the room or by climbing up to the balcony. However, it would be handier to go from the top and then let herself get down.

With that in mind, Kat unpacked her bag revealing a black and red outfit with a hood, Daggers, and a glove enchanted with magic. As well as a blueprint of the college itself. She placed the blueprint down and looked for maybe an easy way up the roof. If anything she would go and kill her target and night by sneaking onto the balcony and just murder them there while he sleeps maybe leave a message of her own behind to show those pesky nobles not to fuck around.
Katsumi
Katsumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kupo Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:13 pm

Seeing that he wouldn't have any luck in the market either, Kupo decided to descend to the second lowest level of Miriad which, unlike the beachfront, was mostly lower-income housing and facilities. Maybe he would find someone who needed him there? The streets were just as busy, though the people seemed more in a rush than those of the city's upper levels. Kupo was small enough that he could weave through the crowded, narrow streets with little difficulty and attention, and he had the very sudden thought that he could be a very effective pickpocket if he wanted.

Brushing that thought aside, Kupo came upon a school nestled amongst the ramshackle housing. As the anthro children played around in the small schoolyard, one of the teachers (an elderly kitsune) called out to him. "What are you doing out of school, young one?"
"You know I'm seventeen, Mrs. Bushtail, we've had this conversation just about every day I've lived here!" He smiled and couldn't help laughing, knowing the comment was made in jest.
"I know, and your laughter never loses its sweetness, Kupo. Oh! While you're here, our nurse could use some help if you don't mind?"
Leaping at the chance to be useful, Kupo headed inside, waving at the other children as he passed them. He found the small nurse's office quickly, having helped her out a few times.

Inside, he saw the nurse (a young avian woman) and two young children. One was a neko, and the other very clearly an anthro-eldritch hybrid (though telling the exact subspecies was hard). The two young boys had very clearly been in a fight, or were otherwise roughed up.
"Ah! Bright-eyes, perfect timing! I heard quite the commotion and saw these two fighting! I have to go help another girl who's quite seriously hurt, so I'd appreciate it if you could help these two." She leaves to another area of the school, and Kupo looks back to the two boys. He looks them over, and sees only a few bruises and scrapes, so decides he can heal them pretty easily. He hums a soft melody, holding his hands out towards the two as a green light and a warm feeling radiate over them. "So, what happened with you two?"

The hybrid boy spoke first. "He was callin' me names and sayin' really mean things, an' I told him to stop free (3) times an' he didn't!"
"I called him a curse and a half-breed, cause he is, and then he hit me!"
"I hit you 'cause you wouldn't stop calling me names an' you keep doin' it! You're mean to me every day!"
"Not my fault you're a curse. Maybe you should go back to wherever you're from!"
"I'm from Miriad! I-I keep tellin' you that an' you don't listen!"
"Nuh-uh! My daddy says only anthros come from Miriad, not curses!"

Kupo was trying to focus on healing the two, a task that was made more difficult by them being so worked up, but he couldn't just let this verbal assault continue. 

"Cut that out! Do I need to go get Mrs. Bushtail to put you in timeout? It's not nice to make fun of people in the first place, especially not for something they can't control, like being a hybrid. How would you feel if I made fun of you for being a neko?"
"Whatever, why should I listen to you? You're not a grown-up! Bet you're a curse too, my daddy says they can hide it with magic! Now shut up and heal me renrihe (dog)."
Kupo was taken aback. He knew that kids tended to mimic their parents' beliefs but rarely was he reminded just how bad it was in the fairly insular city. "I'm older than I look, and I'm surprised you know that language. Did an Inu teach you it, liyanrihe (housecat)?"
"Hey, you called me a housecat!"
"You called me a dog. Not so funny when it happens to you, huh?" He pauses, trying to hide a smirk, and sees that their actual wounds are closed, the healing complete. "There, you're healed, now go before I get you in trouble."
The neko boy left in a strop, sticking his tongue out at the other two, and Kupo and the hybrid boy were left, the latter sitting on a makeshift medical bed.

Kupo breathed a sigh of relief and turned to face the other young hybrid. Now that Kupo could get a good look at him, minus the blemishes caused by fighting, the two weren't dissimilar. The same wild white hair (his was stark white), wide, innocent eyes (his a deep red), a pale complexion and two vaguely canine ears crowning it all (accompanied by two black ram horns). Looking past the stigma, he was cute in a way most people likely wouldn't stop to see. Sitting down next to the boy, Kupo spoke with a wide, warm smile to be as comforting as he could. "Are you okay? I know how it feels to get made fun of like that, it can hurt a lot. I'm Kupo, what's your name?"

The other boy looked at Kupo, tears teasing at the corners of his eyes and threatening to drop. "M-my name's Ren. Ren Kabon. I dunno what it means but my mum says I'm named after my dad." He paused for a moment, seemingly reminiscing, and then spoke. "I-I'm okay. Thank you for healing me! But why would people make fun of you? You're an an-anfr...anthro, aren't you? Is it because you're small?"
Kupo laughed, a bit embarrassed that an eight-year-old was calling him small."Ren, that's a pretty name. It means night, or moon. Your mum clearly loves you." He leaned in close to Ren, now whispering. "Can I tell you a secret?" Ren nodded. Kupo turned his head to the side and pushed away his hair, showing human ears. "I'm a hybrid too! I've had so many people call me names and be mean to me because of it. Do you know what I do to those people?" Ren shook his head quickly, wide-eyed. "I ignore them. People like that will hate you no matter what, unless you change their minds. If you fight, people will see you as the monster they keep saying you are. Don't let them!"
Ren looked at Kupo, awestruck but with a remaining hint of sadness. "But-but what if someone keeps bein' mean an'... an' they won't stop?"

Kupo stood up, not that it gave him much height. "That's when you tell a teacher. Tell Mrs. Bushtail if you can, she's a friend of mine. She'll make sure they stop. If the person hits you, then defend yourself, but never strike first." He turned to leave, now speaking over his shoulder. "I gotta go now. It was nice meeting you, Ren! If you don't want to go back and play with the others, then stay in here. I'm sure Nurse Bluesky won't mind. Bye-bye!" With a wave, he left the medical room and then the school. Where to next?

[Post: 1178/???? Words]
Kupo
Kupo

Back to top Go down

Post by Katsumi Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:49 pm

With a plan laid out before her Kat was ready to get to work. She needed information and not just the description of her target, No she needed a name place, and well a time to strike best. So the first thing to do was to get a name on her target she knew of a few ways to do this, one was by just walking around and looking. Leaving the room she was in locking the door behind her and carefully making her way around she started to walk towards the common room where yet again quite a few people stared at her. Back to acting, it was really annoying that the students around her all kind of looked at her so she could not really look back and look for her target so easily.

When she looked around with a few books in her hand and a notepad, before she could do much she got halted by some guys clearly students. "Hey Sweet bunny! Might we drop in my lady and ask you for a proper introduction?"  One of the guys said. Inside Kat, she smiled knowing well how much of an effect her appearance already had on guys sometimes. Kat stared at them none of them seemed to be useful at all in her eyes. "Could you not bother me, I am busy," Kat said with a small and charming tone in her voice. "Now Now lady, It's your first day let us introduce you to everyone,"  he said only moving forward to Kat. This was currently a distraction from her job and as much as she loved to tease him and throw him down she could not. But before Kat could get a word out a girl walked up and full-on smacked the back of the guy's head. "She said she is busy Fred, so keep walking guy!" the girl said before the guys walked off in anger a bit. Kat was taken back a bit by this action of the girl and she looked at her up and down. A Neko orange hair with a very bossy look on her face.

The Girl spoke up to Kat "So buttercups you done staring. My name is Camile. Don't mind those guys they are always like that." She said with a more calmer and caring voice now. When the time came kat snapped back and replied. "Ah... um, thanks, The name is Quincy, and yes those guys didn't seem very nice did they?" Kat said trying to sound as innocent as she could. Camile nodded and pointed towards a table that was free. "Why don't you come to join me for a bit, I can explain things if needed," Camile said towards Kat or well Quincy at this time leading her towards the empty table. Kat looked at the person in front of her up and down for a bit and could see that as much as a help she could be, it might help her get information. "Oh ... Okay Thank u, Camile." Following her toward the table and took a seat across from her. "If you don't mind me asking Quincy, What are you doing here, I know you are a transfer student but you're not staying long," Camile said to Kat for only Kat to realize that great gossip has already started but maybe this could help her.

"Well, I... um... Write stories about ... historical events and ... well legends," Kat said to come up with something believable in this place. "Ooh so you are doing a bit of the same as Kupo,"  Camile said with a smile. "Ku who?" Kat replied quickly in the hopes to get some more information out of her or even find this Kupo person to gain info. "Boy, Dog, Small, cream hair, green hair. I'm surprised he has not come out yet to maybe help you with moving your items into your room,"  Camile said with a smile. But something was caught by Kat's ears, Bingo same description as her target. Kupo is her target's name and this Camile seemed to be 'friends' with him. "You friends with this guy," Kat asked her trying to maybe get a bit more information on him. "Oh... um hard to explain, he gets picked on a lot, I have kind of helped him here and there if I could afford my own reputation," Camile said clearly trying to avoid the word Friends. However, in Kat's eyes, this was a clear sign that somehow this Camile did care for him in some way. "Camile you know him, I'm quite interested in meeting him as he does aim about the same idea as me in this place, and you seem to know him. Could u maybe set up a meeting with him for me, just tell him to come to my room," Kat said with determination and pride. "Well Buttercups if you really want, I don't seem a problem, I'll send him to your room once I see him again," As she said that a small ring sounded in the common room and Camile jumped up. "Shoot I gotta do things, I'll maybe speak to you later Buttercups! Nice meeting you, you're better than those snobs nobles you normally see." Camile said before leaving in a hurry leaving Kat alone.

Leaving Kat alone it was time to get into action again. With a name and hopefully now soon a meeting set up she could end up getting easy prey. But it would be a risk and she could end up being a target herself if she did not be careful. However, it was time. Kat stoot up ignored everyone and took off to the room she was given. Once there she locked the door behind her and started placing notes down, names of people, and locations on the blueprint she had. Kupo, Camile, Noble Snops. Once that was done she took a breath, "Alright Kat, Time to get your hands dirty." She said with a smirk and very cold. Opening the balcony yet again she looked up, took a Dagger, and punched it into some small vines on the side of the wall. After a quick look around and some thinking work, Kat placed a wooden plate up against the wall with a hook drilled into the wall. Now having a way up Kat made clear for the hallway. Kupo, Kupo what room was Kupo's room. it took her a bit and she memorized every door, then she came to a door and the name was right there her Targets room. It was too risky to break in now but with a path laid out, she returned to her room and went onto the roof taking a path toward the room of her target.

Word Count: 1132
Total Word Count: 4058
Katsumi
Katsumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kupo Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:05 pm

After helping out at the school, Kupo walked the streets once again. It was around midday now, evident even without the sun's position by the amount of people out and about. In the market and on the beach especially, people were making the most of the warm sunlight before harsh winter would grip the city. Kupo, avoiding the market street now, found a vendor selling sweet & spicy meat skewers, nuts and dried fruit, some of which he bought for lunch. Unfortunately, his altruistic outing in the city would have to come to an end, as Kupo had a lecture in the college. Making his way back, Kupo entered the dorm building to drop off his belongings in his room. In the common room, though, he was interrupted by someone saying his name. 
"Kupo! There you are, buttercup!" He turned to see Camile walking quickly towards him and then placing her hand on his head, somewhere between petting and just ruffling his hair.
Kupo slightly recoiled from the unexpected touch. "Oh, hi! What's up, Camile? You're not usually this excited to see me."
"The new transfer student (think her name was Quincy) was looking for you, Buttercup. I'm surprised you weren't here looking for any excuse to help out."
"There's a new transfer? Why didn't anybody tell me this morning? (Well, probably cause I woke up and left really early like usual) but anyway, I've been out all day helping around. I'd love to go help them now, but I've got a lecture in like 5 minutes and I need to drop off my stuff. Did you say their name was Quincy?"
"Yeah, Quincy Lavequé or something like that. Don't let me hold you up if you got a class, get goin'!"
Kupo waved goodbye to Camile and then headed to his dorm quickly to dump his bag (besides a notebook and fountain pen) before leaving towards one of the college's lecture halls. A new student, huh? He'd have to go find them later. Little did he know, he was passing by their dorm.

After his 'lecture', which ended up being more like a debate or open forum, Kupo emerged from the hall/theatre to a familiar pompous, taunting voice. It was that of James Chanteur, a herculean Human with very strong opinions on the four races. "Hey, Kawa! Nice defence of Eldritch, real insightful you fucking mutt." He was quickly making his way towards Kupo, towering over the cream-haired hybrid.
"Hey, don't talk to him like that! At least he spoke up during the debate, you just sat there like a vegetable!" This outburst was courtesy of Katie Astraea, a rather small Lapin girl who had come to Kupo's defence quite a few times.
"What, you like him or something, bobtail? Not the first time you've white-knighted for the little half-breed." He smiled, clearly aware that if this came to an actual confrontation then the crowd would be on his side.
"Doesn't everyone? He's cute, nice, helpful... Unlike you." There was a slight blush to her face, though she tried her best to look angry.
"Cute, huh? Bet that's the only real reason, I've seen the books you get imported from Rivengate, bobtail." Clearly enjoying this, James moved to loom over Katie instead, fear quickly showing in the Lapin's eyes. Kupo, initially going to leave as the two started bickering, stopped now and turned to face the human.
"Listen, James. You can do whatever you want to me, and most people won't care. Awful, but tolerable. But hit an Anthro girl in Miriad and suddenly you're the minority. I don't think you can afford to make that many enemies, so if you wanna take out your pent-up rage at having to live with non-humans, then I'm right here. Just please leave her, and everyone else, alone."
Kupo looked him directly in the eye, before motioning to Katie to go and then leaving himself. James looked back with rising anger, but seeing the mixed hesitant and mocking looks of their classmates, he just scoffed and gave up the chase.
Kupo, splitting with Katie shortly after an awkward exchange of thanks, headed back to his dorm. He now had the rest of the day free, and remembered something he'd been meaning to do earlier. "Right, the transfer student! Her name was... Quincy, right?" Talking to nobody but himself, he headed out to try and find 'Quincy', starting with her dorm.

[738/??? Words, Total: 4796/???? Words]
Kupo
Kupo

Back to top Go down

Post by Katsumi Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:41 pm

Making clear a second time in the hallway everything was clear she closed the door behind her and locked it. Then taking in what she had memorized in the hallway. It took her a few steps and towards her balcony she had herself. Counting the windows and balconies she could see the balcony probably owned by her target. Taking in the mental note she placed a robe around the hook she pushed into the wall before and climbed up onto the roof making as little sound as she could.

Once on top of the roof she took in the view for a bit and nodded, early kill meant she would be out here much sooner than planned and she would have loved nothing more than that. This whole place took her out of her comfort zone, all these people who were at least higher standard than she would ever be. Yet she was given a legal kill on a target and she had to complete it or she would get the wrath of her bosses And at this time she could not risk that at all. With a sigh and realization she was staring into the sky for far too long she moved on along the roof counting her steps carefully before entering her target balcony.

Carefully and soundless she jumped down on the balcony and looked in. Nobody was there and it gave her the perfect time to test the lock of this balcony. Taking out her own lockpick she started messing with the lock. Pretty simple, with just a few pushes and twirls with the lockpick she make the door click and opened it. Taking more mental notes of the inside she opened the door and looked inside. Mostly the same as her own dorm with here and there some personal belongings. Taking more mental notes and the place she walked back to the balcony and nodded. She Knew for sure this was going to be an easy one just like her last mission in Riverforte.

Getting back to her own dorm she opened the map again and marked the room she was in right now and the room she just entered as well as any route she could take IF she would be caught in the act. However, she was not planning on such a thing happening at all. With that mess now all figured out, she looked at the paper on the books she got from the teacher that showed her around. She or well Quincy did not have any classes until tomorrow and her cover had a lot of free time on her hands right now and so the time had come. "Exploration Kat, I think so." Taking the dagger she had with her into a holder she had stepped around her thigh hidden under her skirt.

Leaving her room she went downstairs while looking into a book about the basics of an Eldritch. Walking past some students on her way down she didn't pay much attention to anyone focusing on her path and the book at the same time. She took her path straight towards the courtyard and avoided colliding with everyone. Coming up with a few more sound prove lies about who Quincy was and how she got enlisted into the college she sat down away from everyone at a tree taking in a small few of the courtyard with a sigh of relief. "You can't stay away too long Kat, she is depending on you, both of them technically are. Both Miss Nana and Chika," She said quietly to herself while plotting a bit in her head.

Placing her finger together she concentrated a bit and released small sparks of electricity between her fingers. It was a small show and she smiled, it was handy that her adoptive father knew some sort of magic and she was thought how to use it in a way to defend herself. At times Kat knew how to use it and more sparks flew over her hand shooting out the top on her fingers. She knew how to use magic and used it to kill people. Looking into a second book she took with her, one about magic itself she started reading it and took notes on a paper to maybe see about using these kinds of tactics for her own magic.

word count: 726
Total Word count: 5522
Katsumi
Katsumi

Back to top Go down

A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi] Empty `

Post by Kupo Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:46 pm

It was now about three in the afternoon, and after a few minutes of searching, Kupo found what looked to be Quincy's dorm room. "Huh, so that's her last name. Camile never was great with names." Putting on a smile, Kupo knocked on the door and stood back to wait, though after a minute of no response, he knocked once again. After yet more time, Kupo started to think that Quincy wasn't in her room. "Maybe she has a class or something? Or maybe she's just looking around. Yeah, that's probably it." He turned away from the door, only to hear laughter from his left.
"Damn, pet, what're you doing at the new girl's door? Think you got a chance with her?" a very flamboyantly dressed avian, backed up by who Kupo assumed were his their inu friends, looked down at him mockingly, a wide grin on their face. "I think you have a better chance of beating a shrike in a race , so I wouldn't get your hopes up, Kawa."
Kupo just tried to ignore his comments, maintaining his normal smile despite the avian's smug, punchable face. "I was just seeing if she needed any help moving in, according to Camile she was looking for me specifically earlier." Kupo tried to move past the group, back to his own dorm, but was blocked.
"Oh, really? Bold of you to trust gossip in this place, especially from that alleycat, but that sure is interesting. Maybe she's looking for a new servant and heard you fit the description? I'm sure you'd love a collar 'round your neck, huh housepet?" They seemed to waver on that last line, eyes shifting towards their two companions (who didn't seem to be paying attention) at what was probably a bit too edgy of a joke.
"I don't know what you want from me, Avery. Not looking to get into any relationship like that, but if that's what you're into then more power to you, I'm sure you'd look great in a collar." With a cultivated innocent look that didn't betray that he absolutely knew what he just said, Kupo just gave a wave and walked past the avian, who looked generally confused, and the two inu, who were laughing.

Back in his own dorm room, Kupo noticed that a few of his books were scattered on the floor near his balcony door, with his satchel/bag next to them. "Guess I was really in a rush earlier..." He went to clean them up, and once he did so, Kupo looked up and saw that his balcony door was unlocked. "Did I not lock that this morning? I must've really been out of it..." He re-locked the door, having a little difficulty (because it had been picked, unbeknownst to him), and turned to the rest of his room. "So, what now?" He sat down at his desk, where a notebook was open to a page in the middle, half-filled with runes. It was unreadable to most in the college save a few of the inu, which is why Kupo wrote almost all of his notes, poetry and personal diary in Renbe, his second native language. What was written in the book in front of him right now was 'Kuuli ze Vudei' ('Mother Nature's Kiss'), his latest poem.
"Me uva yumen ze me (I open my eyes)
i di 'Kiliyan, sose!' (and say 'Good morning, sky!')
Sobetu me sonsu so e kuuli ze vudei! (Everything I feel is mother nature's kiss!)
Do e semiili ze zo (From the pouring rain)
shen e filiyankupo, (to a warming sun-ray,)
anye kuuetoho ze sei so sobeshu me! (her loving embrace is always around me!)"
He read the poem out loud, quietly, using his magic to make small lights and visuals as he did so. "Hmm, now I should probably add a second verse... or should I? In either case, I need to work on that Common translation, and the translations for my final project poems and stories, otherwise my professor won't be able to read them, and I'd prfer to graduate this year." At that moment, there was a knock on Kupo's door.
"Hey, Kupo! Open up!" Once Kupo did open the door, he saw Katie Astraea and his three other closest friends: Charlie Stonecarver, a warrior human with more heart and muscle than brains, Bella Swiftfoot, a surprisingly gentle and reserved werewolf, and Olivia Lumière, an angel-kitsune hybrid who had taken on the job of making sure this eclectic crew didn't get themselves killed.

"We're going out to the theatre for the evening, wanna come?" Katie held up a poster for Untameable, an epic about Anthros history that was frequently performed by older students at the college and quite popular in Miriad.
"I have a feeling I'm gonna be the butt of a few of the jokes as a human, though, which is why I suggested we go watch something more light-hearted instead."
"Listen, Charlie, as much as I want to go watch The Warrior's Code with you, nobody else does. I'm sure it'll be fine, it's not like you'll get the jokes anyway."
"Hey, I'm not that dense!"
As those two laughed and poked fun at each other, Kupo looked to the group. "Sure, I'd love to come! Let me grab my bag first, though." Kupo made sure all of his important stuff for going out (college/city id and paperwork, dorm key, coin purse, a snack etc.) was in his little messenger bag, then joined back up with the group, locking his door. "Okay, I'm ready! Sorry for making you guys wait." He smiled, tail swaying quickly behind him, and the group started on their way out of the college.
"Don't worry about it, bright-eyes. We have an hour until the show starts anyway, so it's not like we're in a rush. Olivia had much the same disposition and skill in comforting as Kupo, and her smile was quite reassuring.
"I would like to be back here as soon as possible, though, I get anxious being out of my room this close to the full moon, and that feeling gets worse after sundown." There was a hint of fear in that statement, one the rest of the group quickly picked up on.
"We'll be back before sundown, promise. Plus, if anything does happen I can just wrestle you until you stop!" He ruffled Bella's hair, a gesture she seemed to appreciate despite her tone.
"Please don't try to wrestle me while I'm in wolf form, that's a stupid idea and you'll get bitten. Please." She was serious, though Charlie seemed not to be.
"One day you're going to try and literally fight a fire and me and Olivia will have to heal you, swear to Fleuve'ir." For that, Kupo received a similar gesture from Charlie, though this was more like petting between his ears.

Having left around five in the evening, the group were out for around three hours (most of which was the play, some of the rest was the one bar in town that tolerated all five of them) before they spent the rest of the evening messing around and playing various games in the common room (and then moving to Bella's dorm when they got a noise complaint). By around midnight, Kupo was tired and so bid the group farewell before returning to his own room, depositing his stuff, changing out of his day clothes and going to sleep.
[1242/???? Words, Total: 6764/???? Words.]
Kupo
Kupo

Back to top Go down

Post by Katsumi Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:06 am

Time passed with Kat just reading into the books she got and at one point started to practice her own magic, causing Lightning to run through her body more than normal by concentrating on the energy. It felt weird having the lightning run through her body but she had to improve on her Magic. She might be a skilled assassin, for now, six years but the magic she got from a young age was never improved. It was both a sign of her heritage and her past, Meaning she wanted to improve it at some point but never got to that point at all. One thing she knew was a simple flick of her finger causing an electric zap from her hand, It was not really painful to get shocked by this, as she used it on her co-workers and little sister before.

After trying to learn more about magic Kat started moving around the College, seeing a bit about what and where she could hide if needed to be. A stone-cold expression was forming on her face and she was focused on mapping out this place. It got late and inside the library, Kat had spotted many exits and hiding places. Before setting up for her kill Kat heard some commotion in the common room. She looked around and saw a group of students walk away after being sent away. Not taking too much time, Kat went back to the library and picked up some more books for and about Magic tactics.

As time passed and the sun began to set in, Kat took her chance to get back to her own dorm she was given. Taking out the required items she needed as well as her more comfortable outfit to climb up the roof. A Black cloth outfit with red leather plates around her arms. Her chest was covered in two different materials. One of black and red cloth and a sort of net as well. Her legs were quite bare as she only wore shorts of some sort. On her outfit also sat a hood and what looks to be a fox mask. Looking at the weapons at hand Kat tried to find something she could get this kill with, without making too much noise. Dagger, Magic, Poison, Strangling... quite a few things for sure. It would be simple to get it done with and Kat picked up a glass bottle of Poison and stored it in her chest.

After waiting a bit longer and planning ahead time had finally come. Kat opened her own balcony and with the preparation, she easily climbed up the roof completely soundless. It was now easier to get on top of it than before in the casual outfit she wore before. Carefully without making a sound she walked on the roof towards the room she knew was her targets dorm. Soon this would be over and Kat could even go home before dawn. A cold and stern expression came to her face and she was almost emotionless as she got moving. Her Target will die.

Soundlessly getting onto her target's balcony she kneeled down. it was dark inside and it seemed someone was inside, at least on the bed. Getting out the lockpick again she started working on the lock and within a minute opened the door again. Confirming with herself that this was her target she stood next to his bed hood over her and Mask in front of her face hiding her true nature apart from some pink hairs. As soon as she notice her target here fits the description she got curious. Walking over to the desk looking into a few things he had laid out there. Nothing in this room yelled out noble or rich person and the notebook was written in some language she did not understand but caught a few words that seem to speak an old dying language. But now was not the time to look around much more.

Getting back to the task at hand, Kat grabbed the bottle of poison and walked over to the bed. Carefully getting on top of the bed a leg on each side of her target. Hanging above him black and red fox mask with a hood up and here and there a few pink hairs sticking out. Opening the bottle Kat slowly took the blanket off him and stared into his face. he was sleeping, or at least his eyes were closed. The poison had a strong smell and before she poured it into his mouth she stopped. A cold expression behind the mask changed... quickly. This ain't a man, this ain't even an Inu, he is a young kid a hybrid kid. This wasn't right, something was wrong. This guy she meant to kill was a KID, worse was he looked to be around the age of her own sister. She could not kill a kid, even more, because he was a hybrid, he already must have a hard time here.
Hanging above the kid, with an open bottle of poison was not a good sign, she froze up and didn't move at all. While her expression was one of concern and panic her mask spoke of death and danger. While on her hip a fine dagger sat in her hands reach if anything goes wrong.

Word count: 891
Total Word count: 7655
Katsumi
Katsumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kupo Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:43 am

In the dark room, in the pitch-black hours of the morning, there hung a tense atmosphere in the air, so thick it threatened to choke the room's two occupants. Kupo had been sleeping soundly, exhausted from the day, but one thing about his sensitive hearing that served as a benefit: it made him a light sleeper. Entering light, REM sleep, Kupo's ears twitched around at the sounds: the lock of the door and it opening, soft footfalls on the floor, shallow, practiced breaths and the subtle creak of the bed. The final trigger was the pop! of a bottle stopper, the acrid smell of the poison and the touch sensation of the blanket pulling back from his face. A subtle sensory overload, strong enough to stir the small boy from his sleep. Wide, green eyes open slowly, then quickly as the sight of a figure in front of him triggers fight or flight.

"!" A small, muffled scream sounds out, audible only to the two of them. Kupo's thoughts raced. Who is this?! What's going on?! Am I being killed, kidnapped, pranked?! From experience, Kupo stayed very still and very quiet, trying to take in as much information as possible while scared out of his mind. He was shaking like a frightened puppy. 'Don't move, don't make a sound, they're probably half a second from killing you if you make trouble, too slow for anyone to hear you if you scream. Just cooperate.' That thought was the one thing keeping Kupo grounded, and it played in his mind over and over again. He looked up, but was only met with (in his panicked state and a dark room) quite the terrifying visage of a masked and hooded figure. No clues there. What had he done? Was this James' or Avery's doing? No, they weren't nearly that brutal. Then who?

Seconds passed, and Kupo dared not make a sound, not even a whisper, but his emerald eyes said it all. "Please don't hurt me."
[333/??? Words, Total: 7988/???? Words]
Kupo
Kupo

Back to top Go down

Post by Katsumi Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:16 am

A moment of silence came in and then a muffled scream from the kid she was hanging over. With quick movement and her free hand, Kat placed her hand on his mouth to stop him from making any more sounds. The thoughts inside her head raced and the lingering smell of the poison woke her up from her own mind. Taking a few steps back in her head still hanging over him. His puppy green eyes took her even more by surprise and the amount of fear shining from those glassy eyes. One she well remembers, one she wishes not to see ever again. "Only nod if I'm correct!" Kat went her voice sounding like a golden string charming her way towards his ears, while there was a cold breath that spoke professionally.

All kinds of things came to her mind and more of them worsened, but she needed to focus. Having to commit a kill takes a lot and all these times she has done it without hesitation. What caused this, was it his eyes, his appearance, or because he was a hybrid and would be in worse places if people knew this.

"Your Name is Kupo?" Was the first question, was to make sure she did have the right person and this was all just a mix-up. Giving him enough time to answer her, a few of her hairs fell down on his nose. "You are younger than 20?" Was her second question what was shot out faster than her first question. There was a slight panic on her face and she was scared of the answer. Looking at his face again she stared passed her mask and noticed the second thing she has already seen and spoke "You are a hybrid?" She needs to commit, see needs information and he better delivers or she will have to commit to something here. She took a deep breath before getting her last question for him "You aren't of noble blood?" She needed to know, she had to. If he would answer all of them by nodding she would regret even getting here in the first place.

Word count: 357
Total Word count: 8345
Katsumi
Katsumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kupo Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:44 pm

Before Katsumi asked the questions, Kupo's mind was moving at a mile a minute trying to discern the situation. Their hands! One was holding a bottle, evident by the way the light through the window caught on it. That was the source of the smell. Nothing non-toxic smells that bad, so... poison! So this was an assassination, then? Why was he still alive? What happened? The other hand- over his mouth. Of course. He wouldn't scream, that'd be stupid, but how would they know that? Then, finally, the silence was broken. That voice... had he heard it somewhere before? Maybe the previous day? That wasn't important right now. Nod if they're correct? Was he about to be questioned? Was this an assassination or an extortion? Why was he still conscious, let alone alive? The voice was honeyed, silvered, but being around bards for as long as he had, Kupo could very much notice the effect. I wasn't meant to wake up. That must be it. He woke up and now they have to improvise. Maybe they'll take him to a second location? Too many thoughts of different scenarios he's had to actually plan for (and live out) raced through his head, too many to notice the twinge of nervousness and hesitation in the air.

The questions. Pay attention. he couldn't afford to get lost in thought, so he focused on the questions. He was still perfectly still, only movements being a persistent shaking.
Yes, my name is Kupo! he nodded once, movement restricted by the hand over his mouth.
Yes, I'm 17! he nodded again. Kupo couldn't see the intruder's face, but their tone in delivering that question... was this mercy? Something had caught them off-guard, but what?
Third question, was that desperation in their voice? Yes, I'm a hybrid! He nodded once more. How did they know? Kupo considered moving his hand up to prove it, but quickly realised that would be a bad idea. By touch alone, he could tell that his ears wre probably uncovered. Ugly blemishes. Not the time, next question.
There was a pause. Am I of noble blood? I mean my dad's a merchant, not a noble, but his family's pretty influential. Either way, though, I'm a bastard. So no, I'm not! There was a similar pause from Kupo, but he quickly nodded his head. This isn't the time to pause and think. When they stopped asking questions, Kupo was fairly confident that he wasn't going to die, not immediately anyway. Did they pause out of sympathy? This may be the only time being a hybrid had helped him. Kupo waited with bated breath, adrenaline still saturating his blood. Even with hysterical strength, and surprising strength for his size (thanks to his Inu blood), he wouldn't be able to overpower them quick enough to potentially escape. Just stay still.

[475/??? Words, Total: 8820 Words]
Kupo
Kupo

Back to top Go down

Post by Katsumi Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:23 pm

The first question, went on fast, quick reply a simple nod in confirmation. This kid was her marked target but why. The second question had the same speed of confirmation as the first question, but it did not help her at all, it just made it worse. "Fuck" could be heard underneath her breath a bit as Kupo nodded. The third of Kat's questions got the same reaction as the others but she did feel him stir a bit. Yes, she indeed see, his human ears so it kind of was a given to her. But what caught her attention was the last question, he was thinking about something and didn't nod straight away meaning something was hidden. But a nod nonetheless.

With a flick and a small noise coming from her hand holding the bottle of poison the strong acid-like smell slowly faded. However, before anything else, the bottle was swiftly replaced with a dagger pointing towards Kupo's throat. It was hard to see but Kat slowly placed the hand she had on his mouth on her mouth to sign to him to stay quiet. "Don't make sudden moves now don't try to overpower me, DON'T do anything you will regret," Kat said cold moving the hand she signed to him to be quiet on his chest to help her get off his bed. With a quick look around Kat had to think of something and she let out a sigh while still holding the dagger to her target's throat.

Grabbing Kupo's arm she yanked him out of bed, wanting to confirm him even more. Checking him quickly up and down she placed him in the middle of the room and made him sit down. "Fuck,"  came out of Kat again this time clearer than before. "Kupo right? yes, you confirmed this, a kid with a bounty on him, not even noble not EVEN slightly high target," She said but it was more or less talking to herself than to Kupo directly. "Sorry..."  She stared at him even tho he could not see Kat's face as the mask was still in the way. "You are a nobody, a useless piece of existence, sorry. YET you have a high-paying bounty! Either this is a revenge thingy or you hiding something and someone just found out your secret."  she said now clearly aimed at him, her voice was a combination of cold-stone near-emotionless and one of worry.

A quick sigh came out before sitting on the ground in front of Kupo holding the dagger in front of her. "Fuck it," She said slowly moving her free hand towards her mask pulling it off revealing her shining purple-blue eyes and a very charming face with no emotions on her face at all. Placing the mask in front of them both Kat moved her hand towards her hood and pulled it off. Revealing two ears jump out right away and her pink hair tightened down in a bun on the back of her head. "Speak,"  she said quickly.

Word Count: 505
Total word count: 9325
Katsumi
Katsumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kupo Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:01 pm

Kupo's heart raced, beating out of his chest. The dagger to his throat didn't help. Be quiet, don't make any sudden moves. Yeah, thanks, I was planning on it! Now was not the time for sarcastic remarks, though, so he quietly cooperated. What the fuck is going on?! Why am I so calm about...right, the dagger to my throat. A quick pulse, quick breaths, quick responses. When pulled out of bed, he moved along with the force and stood up straight, luckily adequately clothed. Then, just as soon, he was made to sit down. Quickly, he heard the assassin's frustration and confusion, which confused him. Surely an assassin would know who their target was, no?! Obviously not, as they continued to rant about the absurdity of a bounty being put on him. He listened intently, eyes downcast as he was quite blatantly insulted. As their rant came to an end, Kupo was about to respond when they...she suddenly fully exposed herself to Kupo. His pulse matched the rapid pace of his thoughts. Lapin, female, pink hair...wait a minute! But before Kupo could consider the absurdity of the situation any more, he was instructed to speak.

"Well, to be honest, I don't know why somebody put a bounty on me! I can think of a few reasons that people would want me dead in general, but not so much they literally try to kill me! I try to be nice to people, I try to help! Sorry if I'm rambling, this is very scary for me right now!" Much like Katsumi's literal mask, Kupo's mask of endless positivity had been cast aside, replaced by the very real fear and confusion he felt. He spoke quickly, not really pausing to breathe until he had expressed that fear. Speaking of, Kupo took a deep breath, trying to calm down. "I guess my father is a merchant, a pretty wealthy one, but I'm a bastard and very few people know that! Normally I just say I'm the son of a servant, because I am! If I've done something to make myself a personal target, I genuinely don't know what it was or who I did it to. Sorry, I'm just as confused as you are about this...sorry I can't be more useful." His eyes once again met the floor, drifting around rather than making contact with those of who he was talking to. No longer as afraid to move, he fidgeted with his hands, an act which seemed to comfort him somewhat. Once his eyes did meet with Katsumi's he took a second to properly look at her. It was still dark, but by all accounts there was a sense of dissonance, like what he was seeing didn't match up with the fact that she was an assassin. "I can talk all I want, but I feel it's important to ask: what do you actually want to know? I'll try my hardest to answer."

[490/??? Words, Total: 9815/???? Words]
Kupo
Kupo

Back to top Go down

Post by Katsumi Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:52 pm

Listening to the story Kupo was telling her, Kat realized an all too familiar story. She almost became what she swore to take revenge for. Her past emotions and trauma are all hidden in just trying to protect her remnants of a family. Yet right here, she was about to have done the same to this kid. To take everything even tho they are innocent in the game of wealth. Her boss told her before, that those in her past are those who seek fun in killing people. It was a reason why Kat always wanted to see the eyes of her target before they got killed. And in this situation, it saved a life.

Kat took a deep breath and stoot up picking up a candle in the room and lighting it before placing it in front of Kupo. Sitting back down across from the boy Kat let out a sign. "I heard enough to know your bounty is not worth my time. I will be honest I was suspecting an older guy with a history in nobility like most kids here that I CAN'T stand looking at." Kat paused as her emotionless expression from before became a very charming and caring one. A small smile appeared on her face and she went on speaking, "If I may be honest, you look to be the same age as someone very close to me, and I could not forgive myself for taking your life. We won't repeat history I always tell," Kat said her voice turning less and less cold and actually a very warm golden voice came out.

She paused a bit, she could not repeat history, the past, no her past was full of dangers and if it was not for a small stroke of luck she would have been minutes away from ruining another family. While her own family is ruined she would not do the same here today. "I'll make it up to you Kupo!" Kat said her tone of voice sounding very friendly all of a sudden. "Your bounty was paid beforehand in a large amount of money, Someone wanted you gone quickly. Only the problem is, that nobody but me and the contractor knows what and who you are. I'll come up with a plan for the coming week, as my assignment here is planned for a week," Kat said giving a warm smile. "Oh and I almost forgot, I'm Katsumi, Everyone calls me Kat. But if you see me around here just call me Quincy. And if you have questions I will be here for the time, Take some time to regain what just happened, It can be a shock," Kat said before standing up and walking to the balcony leaning on the railing just staring out into the darkness of the night.

Word count: 470
total Word count: 10285
Katsumi
Katsumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kupo Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:07 pm

As Katsumi lit the candle, Kupo started to relax. Deep breaths and a slowing heart rate marked that his body was slowly coming out of an adrenaline rush. In a fight-or-flight situation... I froze. Kupo focused on Kat as she spoke, watching her changes in expression with keen interest. Watching people smile was always fun, but this sudden change in demeanour was fascinating. As she went on to her misconceptions and his resemblance to someone else, her behaviour earlier, the confusion and dissonance, started to make more sense. "I can see why you would think that, a lot of the students here aren't exactly great people, especially with humility." A light smile, still not his usual wide one, graced Kupo's face. This one was genuine. "Some are alright, though." This smile was fleeting, though, as Katsumi moved on to talking abou the specifics of his bounty. A large amount of money, paid in advance. That's how merchants do things discreetly, but what merchant would have it out for him, specifically? Kupo was too tired to try and figure out who this contractor could be, so he just continued listening.

Katsumi, huh? That's a pretty name. Kupo could finally confirm his suspicions that 'Quincy Laveque' was in fact his almost-killer, but as soon as he had processed that, she was getting up to leave. He certainly would need time to process, well, all of what had just happened, but Kupo felt he had to say something before the rose-haired assassin left. As Kat made her way over to the balcony, Kupo followed shortly behind, voice soft and sweet. "Kidei, thank you, for sparing me, Kat. I won't forget this, just as I would not forget someone who saved my life. Maybe, somehow, I will be able to pay you back. Kiren, good night, if you're going back to you're room." His voice was getting quieter and as he finished, Kupo yawned. Now that the adrenaline from almost dying had left him, Kupo was just... sleepy? Tired? Fatigued? He wasn't quite sure how to describe it, but it was a stark contrast from how Kupo was feeling a few minutes ago. He didn't really want to go to sleep with a 'guest' chilling outside his room, though, that would be rude, so he sat at his desk, looking over his poem once more.

[391/??? Words, Total: 10676/????? Words]

Last edited by Kupo on Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kupo
Kupo

Back to top Go down

Post by Katsumi Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:24 pm

Something didn't add up, being paid upfront, all gone in rapid action. Kupo was just a kid and seeing as he is in her eyes still the son of a merchant. Something there, that was the clue she was meant to follow for the week. She could not accept that this was her bounty, her target, and she let out a deep sigh as Kupo thanked her. "No need, just... yeah..." Kat didn't know how to respond at the moment. Yet she also could not bear it with her to leave him like this. If she did he probably would have been someone else's target. And someone else would probably go for the kill as the bounty really was way too high to pass upon. "Fuck..."  she said below her breath clearly struggling to think straight for a second before slapping herself on the face and nodding. She turned around into the room looking at Kupo who went to sit down at his desk. Seeing him like that Kat smiled and make up with an idea.

"Stay here!" she said quickly before moving quickly onto the roof and fast but quietly to her own balcony. Looking around if nobody saw her she grabbed an extra bag she had with her putting her normal clothing in there as well as night clothing. But also an extra dagger, short sword, and a few books as well as her glove. With the bag, she walked up to the roof again and back to the balcony of Kupo and was back quickly with her bag of items. She looked into the room seeing Kupo there she walked in with the bag and with a heavy thud placed it on the bed end "Guess you now got a roommate for tonight until I trust it." Kat said looking dead serious about staying for tonight

She walked over to Kupo placed a hand on his shoulder, and smiled warmly, "I don't trust whoever sent me hasn't become impatient and sent another assassin. So therefore I'll be staying here tonight until I trust it." Kat said smiling. She paused her smile for a bit and gave him a very caring expression towards him. Somehow because of his age and his behavior she only got reminded of her sister more and more she looked at the boy. Shaking her head she sighed, "Why not lose tension for now and get to know each other,"  Kat said going over to Kupo's bed and sitting on it crossed-legged like waiting for him to join her on the bed. "a simple conversation, you may ask anything! Like where I come from, what my favorite colour is, if I have family, maybe even what type of guys I like." Kat said with a teasing smile like a big sister would do to her little brother just out of fun.

Word count: 477
total word count: 11153
Katsumi
Katsumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kupo Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:30 pm

Kupo could barely turn his head to look before Katsumi was gone from the balcony, telling him to stay where he was. Yeah, where am I gonna go at like two in the morning? He presumed she was coming back, so he just doodled in his notebook (specifically a rough sketch of Kat's head) until he suddenly heard a thud next to him, which made Kupo jump. Gods, I thought I was quiet, she's twice my size and even my ears didn't notice her walk in! He didn't question Kat's decision to stay in his room, not yet anyway as he anticipated her justifying that decision, and justify it she did. "Right, that makes sense, though where are you gonna sleep? I'm pretty small but my bed is still a single bed, I wouldn't want you to sleep on the floor or anything!" Kupo didn't quite see the irony in worrying about the comfort of someone who had been a second away from poisoning him above that of himself, his compassion taking over. As Kat sat down on his  bed, Kupo got up and sat across from her, thinking that a calm conversation would probably help him calm down. "Okay, those first three questions seem like a good place to start, pass on the fourth. Unlike almost everyone at this college, romance and gossip don't really interest me." He giggled, wondering what some of the other boys would do to know what the new girl was into.

"As for me," he cleared his throat, "I'm from Lyndon Port, though I rarely went outside of my father's manor unless I was accompanying him as a 'servant', so honestly it's more like I grew up here in Miriad. My favourite colour is white, like cream and my mum's hair, though I like lots of colours. As far as family goes, I have my mum and my dad, I'm close with some of my mum's kuunuse, which means 'pack', and my dad's family is pretty big, though most of them either don't know I exist or don't know I'm related to them. I do have three older half-sisters through my dad, though. They're all human, and were raised as part of the merchant family, but they're nice and don't treat me any differently so we're pretty close." He paused for a bit, trying to think of anything else relevant to the questions, then spoke up again. "What about you?" He had regained his habitual warm smile now, thinking of those in his family who did love him for who he was.

[428 Words, Total: 11581 Words]
Kupo
Kupo

Back to top Go down

Post by Katsumi Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:13 pm

As Kupo joined Kat on the bed Kupo started to explain and talk a bit. Listening to his side of his past Kat just stared... and she could not lay her finger on it. This, no not just this, Kupo's whole past seemed all too familiar and Kat felt more and more sorry as he spoke. Living in those conditions, where he either had o hide or just pretend he didn't exist. However, not everything was all too sad as he at least had family that still cared for him and it gave Kat a smile on her face. Once Kupo ended Kat stared at him and she was given the spotlight but before anything, she looked down at her hands. "Sorry Kupo, You should have never been dragged into these kinds of rivalries between merchants," Kat said knowing full well what could happen if a rivalry goes way too far.

Kat sighed and she looked into Kupo's eyes, She could tell the truth or... no he deserved to know it. He deserves to know he is not the only one caught in these kinds of rivalries. "I was gonna come up with something to tell you, to hide from you so you can't ever find me. But I cant."  Kat paused and her expression changed a bit and a sigh came out and a deep one, retelling these memories these stories she once hoped were nightmares. "What I will tell you is not for the light-hearted. I'm from the capital Engloria. We Anthros arent treated there much better than hybrids. I lived in the slumps both my twin sisters died and my mother died giving birth to my younger sister."  Kat paused before moving her hand to a ring around her finger, it was the ring from her mother. Giving another sign Kat started again. "My father soon after that became personal guard to a wealthy merchant. Lucky for me and my sister the man took us in and we stayed there." Kat paused again thinking to herself only feeling the past as a memory that should never happen again.

Kat looked down again and spoke soft "After that... the merchant took us in as daughters and my father as a brother. But all ... ended quicker than it should have. A fire and assassins came taking everything. Killing my dad while guarding the Merchant, burning down my new house, killing those I loved. There I killed my first person in cold blood. That was 8 years ago. The whole house burned nothing left all presumed dead. yet I and my little sister lived" Kat signed before slapping herself on the face trying to smile again but it was not fully working only giving a weak smile towards Kupo. "I figured out who did it, a rival of my adoptive dad the merchant. But I can't seem to find any names or contracts on this man. My dad got blamed for it all saying he was the one that caused it, but they were like brothers." Kat looked angry, but it changed quickly to just a very pane expression as she started to turn the from the ring to a neckless around her with a symbol on it, A lock that looked like a heart and an arrow going into it. It was the symbol of her adopted father the last name being literally Lockheart.

Word count: 566
total word count: 12147
Katsumi
Katsumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kupo Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:50 pm

As Katsumi started talking, Kupo very quickly got the feeling that this was something of a sore subject. Rivalries between merchants, huh? There was something there, but Kupo was too tired to figure out what. He just kept listening. As Kat's expression darkened, and she admitted that she was planning on lying, he was struck by a weird feeling of guilt. "You don't have to tell me if you don't-" Nevermind, it seemed she was determined to tell him. It was now Kupo's turn to listen. Engloria, the human capital. He was familiar with the stories of how Anthros were treated there, seeing it for himself once. An early life steeped in death. He noticed Kat's motion to her ring, but said nothing, anticipating further tragedy. Fire and fury, losing everything.  His eyes grew wide, face unable to keep up a comforting smile as he heard of what had happened. "I'm... so sorry you had to go through all of that, that's horrible." Another reminder of a cruel, uncaring world. 'What will you do about it?' He instinctively moved to physically comfort Kat, arms around her chest, before backing off. Boundaries, Kupo. His father's words rang in his ears, very frequently reminded to rein in his Inu tendency for physical affection growing up. "Sorry! I should've asked first." It was then that he noticed Kat's necklace. I've seen that before! He tried to place it, then knew exactly where. The one time he had accompanied his father to Engloria, it had been to meet with the head of the Lockheart family. That must've been... about 8 years ago. Kupo suddenly got a horrible sinking feeling. He remembered something about narrowly escaping a fire shortly after they'd left the city, and then his father being very reserved for weeks after. Could it have been that day?

As Kupo connected the dots in his head, he was brought back to that earlier apology. "Rivalries..." he muttered under his breath, but that train of thought quickly slowed down. His mind was cloudy, both from emotional whiplash and fatigue. He would have to piece this together tomorrow. For now, though, he could test something. He held up his silver signet ring for Katsumi to see, showing off the small emblem it was engraved with: a heart with a meandering line through the middle like a river, all topped with a star. This wasn't the full family crest, but was stamped into all their business correspondence, so there was a chance. "Do you recognise this emblem? Don't worry if you don't, I'm just curious." As he waited for her answer, Kupo's eyes wandered to the window, and the night sky outside. The candle inside the room made it harder to see, but he could see it clearly - the moon. Closing his eyes, Kupo made a silent prayer. 'Rendei, please watch over us with your motherly light this night, and when you are gone in the morning see that you have left your watch of these two Renbe with us able to bask in Liyandei's light instead.' A prayer he had heard his mother's pack speak almost every night before going to sleep. He took it as proof of its effectiveness that the one night he had neglected that prayer was the one night where his life had very nearly ended, unprotected from nocturnal intruders.

[560 Words, Total: 12707 Words]
Kupo
Kupo

Back to top Go down

Post by Katsumi Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:07 pm

Kat was not surprised by the kind and warm expression Kupo wanted to extend to her. As Uni's did like their physical affection, But Kat herself kind of only did it towards well... her younger sister at this point. "No need to be sorry Kupo, the world is a shit place at times, but there is always something new waiting for us," Kat said knowing fully well that she even though a lot of people would find it discussing and disturbing, she loved being an assassin... now she thought about it like that, maybe it was a bit weird. Soon however when the conversation came to its end Kupo showed her what looked like a signet ring to her but she didn't recognize it at all, "I can't say I have seen it before, but I never paid attention to family crests or emblems." She said kind of in a blunt way one to nod a bit and get off the bed.

"It's a late young man! so I guess I'll be sending you to bed," Kat said in a teasing way as she walked over to the bag she brought into the room. Opening it she took out some more light clothing that clearly was meant for sleeping. Or at least somewhat in that order. With her back turned towards Kupo Kat started to take off the armor she was wearing. Pulling the under armor she had over her head. standing with her back turned still towards Kupo in her underwear with no shame at all just doing her own thing. Before turning over her shoulder just to see the reaction of Kupo.

Only shortly after put on the light clothing with a smile on her face and turned toward Kupo. "To bed, you go Kupo, Don't worry about me, I got camping stuff with me I have a blanket." She said pointing towards a blue blanket inside the bag. Only for Kat to take it out and wrap it around her before sitting on the ground against the foot's end of the bed. "Tomorrow it's Quincy, You never met me or saw me. We don't know each other while I am here," Kat said from down of the foot end "Sleep well Kupo," Kat said in a very sweet and calming way.

Word Count: 384
Total Word Count: 13091
Katsumi
Katsumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kupo Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:58 pm

At Kat's reassurance, Kupo's gaze falls downwards. The world's a shit place, and what are you doing about it, lapdog? He shook his head as if to banish the intrusive thoughts, trying to smile. "Let's hope there is..." He was able to get out of his own negative thoughts when given something to focus on, so Kat saying she didn't recognise the ring/emblem, though slightly disappointing, was a welcome distraction. "Oh, well. I recognised yours, so I thought maybe... nevermind." He waved his hands as he talked, small lights adorning his fingertips and punctuating his words. Kupo did this a lot with his natural light magic, passed down from his father, almost a fidgeting habit or stim when talking for prolonged periods of time, and he'd probably done it a few times in this encounter. As he sat thinking, Kupo wasn't paying attention to Kat getting up from the bed until she addressed him directly, when he looked over after a short while. She was undressing. Not wanting to seem like a pervert, like most of his male peers at the college, he quickly averted his gaze as his cheeks flushed from rosy to bright red and a high-pitched squeak was muffled by his pillow. Just in case she had seen him though, he spoke without looking. "Sorry! I didn't know you were changing!" Quiet, as he usually was, but definitely loud enough for Kat to hear.

As Kat pulled out her blanket, Kupo sighed in relief, tension in his body releasing. "Well, it's good you've got something, at least. I'd hate for you to be cold when you're only still in here to look out for me." With a smile, he listened as she continued. He didn't want to even think about what would happen if he did stupidly reveal Kat's identity. "Hey, you don't have to tell me twice, Quincy. I'm not going to bite the hand that feeds me, so to speak, and I'm actually pretty good at keeping secrets." His mind went to his werewolf friend, a well-kept secret of the group every full moon. Then, he thought about his own secrets. "Speaking of secret names, I suppose I never properly introduced myself to you, and you've been honest with me so I might as well be. My real name is Jason di Riviera. That's the name my father gave me, and technically my legal name in this realm. My mother, and pretty much everyone else including my father most of the time, calls me Kupo Kawa, and that's the name I call myself. Here, I started using Kupo to protect my father's reputation, but eventually calling myself anything else felt wrong." He sighed, relieved to finally confide in someone else about this. He smiled warmly, yawning. "So, yeah. Kiren, Kat. Tomorrow it will be 'Kiliyan, Quincy.' May the darkness hide us from harm." Speaking of darkness, there was still a lit candle over on the floor. He could just wait for Kat to put it out, or get up and put it out himself, but where would be the fun in that? On Kupo's bedside table was a playing card (presumably taken by accident when he left his friend's room earlier), which he picked up and threw, skimming the top of the candle to extinguish it. At the success of this maneuver, he smiled widely, and pulled his blankets over himself once more. Hopefully this time he wouldn't be so rudely awakened.

-

Kupo awoke shortly after in a familiar place. He was... at home? Specifically, Kupo was in his bed in the servants' quarters of the di Riviera manor. Immediately, he could feel that something was wrong. He could smell smoke, hear crackling and see an orange glow. Fire! Suddenly, whether just appearing or just being noticed, the other servants of the manor were rushing around, trying to put out the fire and get out of the burning building. Among them was Kupo's mother, Kali, who seemed to be looking for something, or someone. She locks eyes with him. "Oh, Kupo, there you are! Sē so e wuho (There's a big fire)! We need to get-" she was cut off by a sudden crash from elsewhere in the house, as a dark figure emerged from out of the encroaching flames. They were silhouetted against the bright glow, all features obscured except for piercing indigo eyes, but somehow they seemed very familiar. Everything was moving so fast, and Kupo was frozen, able to do nothing but curl up and whimper as the figure raised a crossbow and fired. The next moment, his mother lay dead in front of him. A choked scream through a flood of tears snapped Kupo to his senses. He had to do something, anything, but all he could think do do was run. Kupo bolted towards the door past the figure, smoke burning his nostrils, but all he heard was click, bang! Then, nothing.
-
Awake again, Kupo was now sitting on a rooftop, sky above him a dark tapestry woven with shining stars. He was sitting on the roof  of the Miriad Barracks, one of the highest points in the terraced city, and damn was it beautiful. He wanted to sit there forever, the cool breeze from the ocean caressing his face, but he felt a very strong urge to run. He took off, leaping off the the roof and soaring through the air before landing on a lower building. This is great! He could run and jump higher than should be possible, feeling like a mythical hero as he sped over the Miriad cityscape. Then, from behind, Kupo heard a terrible roar. He turned midair to see a gigantic wyvern, as big as the ones all those heroes had to fight at the end of their stories! He wanted to confront it, to show he was a hero worthy of stories, but all he could think was just keep running. The wyvern picked up speed, closing in behind Kupo as he ran and jumped faster and faster until suddenly there was nothing to run on at all! The floor had fallen away, and Kupo was left plummeting towards the ground. He was about to hit the ground, when... nothing.
-
Opening his eyes, Kupo saw a vast landscape, seemingly a few hundred metres below him. He was flying! Soaring through the air as naturally as walking, Kupo could see all of Mirinah stretched out below him, and to his left he could make out the shape of another land across the vast oceans. As he flew over the landscape, Kupo could see battles and trials occurring all around him, the people and monsters great and powerful, just as they had all been described to him. Just as he'd imagined them... wait. Imagined? This wasn't real. Kupo very quickly became lucid, coming to the realisation that he was dreaming. As he did so, the scenes around him began to draw to a standstill, like a freezeframe of that legendary history. He looked down. There, below, was a cityscape bigger than any other around. This must be Engloria. Kupo descended closer, and as he got close enough to pick out the individual buildings, he noticed that one of the buildings was on fire. Oh no. He got closer still, close enough to see the people moving like ants below, dying like ants under a magnifying glass. Oh no. He tried to help, tried to douse the fire, stop the attackers, anything, but the more Kupo tried to change, the more warped and distorted everything became. This is still a dream, did you forget? You are not in charge here. Then, nothing.

-

Kupo woke up in a cold sweat, the dawning sun's rays filtering through the window. He had to take about a minute to ground himself and calm himself down, repeating "Me so heki, me ni so fekenda, me so riya. (I am safe, I am not in danger, I am awake.)" over and over again quietly, something the boy had done when he got nightmares ever since he was a toddler. He looked out the window towards the rising sun, managing a smile to force any negative feelings away for now. "Kiliyan! What will today bring, Liyandei?"

[1374/???? Words, Total: 14465/????? Words]
Kupo
Kupo

Back to top Go down

Post by Katsumi Sun May 01, 2022 7:29 pm

Taking a mental note of How Kupo threw the card to kill the fire, was quite impressive probably something Kat would love for him to improve if she got the chance to teach him. Knowing somehow that for now, Kupo could rest, Kat smiled and closed her own eyes as well. It took her back to a job she once had to do where she camped out in a barn waiting for the owner to come back. It took a few days but in the end, she left the barn with more money and blood on her hands yet again. But for Kat money was money, and the hard part always was that at least 80 percent of the money gained went to her boss for maintenance of weapons, gear, and even information or alibies for some assassins. Yet today it would be different, she had to explain to her boss this somehow and she had to think of something. Just thinking about it made Kat unsure and made her regret her decision right now.

Once her eyes closed and sleep came to her Kat found her awoken again. It was still dark and she looked around. Same room, same area, yep still inside Kupo's room. She sighed and nodded a bit to herself. To not blow her cover she took her change and stood up as quietly as she could. She took a pen and paper and wrote something on it.

"Dear Kupo Kawa,

I have spoken with your mother and your master, and I have heard that you have been taking part here at this school. I hereby enlist you as a temporary assistant and servant to my daughter Quincy Leveque. I want to keep an eye out on her, and I know of my own will that I would get yelled at if I did send my own guards to protect her.

As so my daughter falls now under the protection of you. Your master has agreed to this as he and I go way back. If anything happens to my sweet daughter I see to it myself that someone gets punished. I know it's a lot for a child like you but please take care of her. Please inform your teacher of your new temporary assignment to avoid mistakes with them.

Kind regards,
Captain Leveque of Engloria"

With that note, she nodded giving her a way to be near Kupo without causing trouble. Putting it into an envelope she uses a small seal of a crest she pulls out her pocket and seals it with a crest of house Leveque (even if it is all just a fake cover and Leveque house does not exist) Best to also leave him a personal note, Kat thought of taking another paper

"Kupo,

I came up with a plan, just follow the first note's instructions and I handle the rest. Be sure to remember to be on guard when I'm not around, as well. Enjoy the dagger

Kat."

With that second note, Kat places a dagger near this note on his desk. It a very shiny with gold trimming as well as an easy to hold handle and it was clearly meant for throwing. With that all out the way, Kat silently made her way to the balcony and stepped out moving over the room again. Getting back to her own room as quiet as the night itself, or early morning. Getting to her own room she started making a second letter addressed to the teachers of the school. In short, it said that Kat or well Quincy was going to be assigned someone to guard her this person would be Kupo to the close relationship Quincy's father, Captain Leveque, had with Kupo's master and mother. With the same seal and all Kat took it upon herself to "mail" this letter to the box of the principal, taking a night stroll in the college. easily avoiding anyone she placed the letter in the mail and went back to her own dorm.

"Alright Quincy Leveque, Daughter of a captain in Engloria. U are quite stubborn and you don't like being guarded by your dad. However, you have taken a liking to his style and know a bit of combat fighting yourself. But your interest lay in lore and this college seemed a good place to start,"  Kat said and nodded to herself. this would do fine for a temporary background and she would have to back to things Hopefully Kupo could understand the letter and she would only have to inform him of her own plans once they are alone. Kat was here only for a week but she needed to fix this and she needed to come up with a plan to get out of this scare free.

Word count: 799
word Count total: 15264
Katsumi
Katsumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kupo Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:53 am

As Kupo greeted the sun, he jumped up to begin getting ready for the day. Doing some morning stretches, he then grabbed his usual tunic, trousers and towel and went to go wash himself so that the cold water could shake the remaining sleepiness from his mind. He donned his clothes and, going to get his jewellry from his nightstand, Kupo noticed another ornate object. A throwing knife? He had seen people using and/or performing with these before, and done so himself a couple times, but weren't they usually in sets? Did Kat leave this here? She was gone when he woke up, after all, and it seemed likely she would give him a means to protect himself. Picking up the knife to test its weight, Kupo saw what looked like a note beneath it. First note? He looked for another note on the nightstand, then over to his table, where he found the letter. On guard, huh? He was certainly on edge, flinching as something struck the glass of his balcony door. Upon, closer inspection, it was a sizable rock (that had left a small crack in the glass) with a note taped to it that read "Morning, housepet. Are you afraid?""What the heck?" The perpetrator was nowhere to be seen, not willing to even face Kupo while they threatened him.

~

Anyway, before Kupo read the other letter, he looked under his bed and slid out a chest, which contained his 'adventuring gear', weapons and other supplies for when he eventually left the college to do research of his own. There was proper travelling clothes (much like his current ones), dry rations and a water skin, orientation equipment and best of all: his sword and shield. The shield was small, nearly the size of a buckler, but sturdy and able to be used pretty effectively by the equally small boy. The sword was curved, like a khopesh, and inscribed with gold runes along its blade. He considered adding the knife to this collection, but decided it was no good to him in there, so instead he inserted it tnto a loop of fabric inside his cloak. Kupo then went over and opened the other, more official-looking letter. I have talked to your mother and your master. That word struck a nerve, making Kupo very suddenly angrier than he ever normally was as he realised the fundamental unfairness of his situation. His life was at the whims of someone who could end it any time she pleased, and outside of that immediate threat there was still someone lording over him, still a man he had to refer to as master. "Why this, why me?! Ra anye deise (by the gods), why couldn't I have been a normal human or a normal Inu? Why do I have to deal with this shit instead?!" Then, as soon as the wave of anger came, it went away again, leaving hollow melancholy. By Fleuve'ir, I'm never usually this angry, am I? What's come over me? It's not like it's Kat's fault any of this is happening, or anything. I just need to calm down.

~

Kupo took a moment to collect himself and bury those negative, ungrateful thoughts. He had been allowed to live another day, and he was going to make it as great as any other! First, though, the rest of the letter. He'd been tripped up by his emotions pretty early into reading it. So that was her plan to keep the two together, huh? While he wished there was another way, it did make the most sense. She was posing as a noble after all. Speaking of nobles... what was tugging at the back of his mind? Threads of that quiet conversation were pushing to the forefront, as if to remind him of something. Kat was unable to find out who put out my hit, but it was obviously a merchant. He considered the loose scraps of information, trying to piece together some meaning. What happened to the Lockheart family, really? She never found that client, either. Kupo knew he was clutching at straws. The takeover of the market, a common rival... But even so, he couldn't stop himself from connecting the dots. It all points to... Whitestone. Definitely someone with a lot to gain from the downfall of the di Rivieras/Lockhearts, and less tolerance for hybrids in Miriad, which he presumably intended to gentrify. All Kupo had was a theory though, so he tried to focus on what he did know: It's half past six in the morning!

~

He left his room fully dressed and with all of his essentials for the day in a messenger bag, as usual, though now with a hidden edge. "So, where to first?" He knew he needed to make his tutor aware of his and Quincy's 'arrangement', so that seemed like a good start. Knowing the professors at the college to be a hell of a lot more functional than the students, Kupo assumed his totor would be up already, eating in her office. A short walk there, and a polite knock on the door, and Kupo was in.
"Ah, Kawa-bea! To what do I owe the pleasure of my brightest student's presence at my office? If you're enquiring about your poems, then rest assured that I have checked with the headmaster and it is fine for you to submit them in Renbese rather than Common if you so choose. I can read it thanks to you, and I often find them uniquely charming written that way." Aria Azure-Wings, an avian professor of oral tradition, sat smiling at Kupo from a sitting position still higher than his standing, colourful visage contrasting the relatively drab office.
"Oh, thank you Aria-dei!" he blushed slightly at her praise. "But no, I'm here to inform you that on her father and my master's commands, I will be acting as a servant and guard to Quincy Leveque, the new student, and so accompanying her in classes. If you could relay that to Professor Merdrick, who is her tutor I think, then I would appreciate it!" he delivered the news with a smile, turning around to leave. "Speaking of, I have to go and meet with Quincy now. I will get my poems to you next time we meet!"
Aria waves Kupo out, though stops him briefly. "Alright then, I'll see you tomorrow Kawa-bea. Don't let her work you too hard, alright? Can't have some noble scion breaking that spirit of yours." Kupo guesses she was half-joking on that last part.

~

Kupo then made his way to the canteen, where there were a surprising number of students already up, probably because of the theater production a lot of the student body was playing in later that day. Luckily, most of them ignored Kupo as he entered. He got his normal breakfast of porridge, then didn't know what 'Quincy' liked so just got some a small amount of everything. Unfortunately, Kupo leaving with this plate of food attracted some unwanted attention.
"Big appetite for a small mutt there Kawa!" James Chanteur, great.
Kupo tried to step past, but was blocked. "Most of it's not for me, James, it's for Quincy Leveque. Is there something you want from me?" If he wasn't practiced at keeping up a smile, Kupo would be death-glaring the human.
At this, James laughed, incredulous. "Wait, Quincy? The new bunny chick? She's way out of your fuckin' league, mutt! But then again, you're probably just serving her, huh? Forgot that's all you half-breeds are good for." Laughing along with a couple other humans, James body checks Kupo as he walks past, causing him to drop a great deal of the food he was carrying, amusing James even more. "Oh, sorry, guess you should really watch where you're going!"
Kupo just tries to get out of there as fast as he can.

~

Kupo made his way, finally to Quincy's room, knocking on the door. He had his own bowl of porridge plus another bowl and some pastries, not much left of his original offering. Despite the setbacks, though, he smiled nonetheless.
[1357/???? Words, Total: 16621/????? Words]
Kupo
Kupo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next