Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
It's good to be home... maybe WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» reminiscent: personified spirit panfandom
by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:40 am

» Lusamine
by Lusamine Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:09 pm

» A Dangerous Game {Closed/Tag: Kiigan}
by Kiigan Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:42 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Kiigan Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 am

» A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]
by Katsumi Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
No user

Donations

It's good to be home... maybe

Go down

It's good to be home... maybe Empty It's good to be home... maybe

Post by Nemarius the Watcher Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:28 pm

It's good to be home... maybe Clef_on_Twitter

---

Pale towers of stone reflected the warmth of the sun as lush green vegetation grew up their surfaces, almost appearing like the veins of a city as filled with life as the people who walked through the streets. It wasn’t the busiest of liveliest of days but it was bustling with enough Gaiyans to fill the air with the sounds of laughter and chatter as much as it was filled with the calls of birds and the winds howling through open windows as if it too had a voice. Though if the atmosphere itself was to have a life then he would suspect Ilyanor to be the place this was true.

Zathius loved his homeland, he did, he really did, it just… well it wasn’t his scene anymore was the best way he could think to word it. Sure the peace was nice, all the Gaiyans being safe was nice, seeing his mum was lovely, but it was all a bit dull the second anyone got round to opening their mouths. The disadvantage of immortality was everything started to lose its agency, the passion and the thrills, Zathius had spent longer than most races were alive for just staring out at the ocean when he was younger, he was born during a war but that didn’t stop his damn brother going outside.

That was why he had to keep going out, no matter how many times he came home he never stayed for too long, always seeking that next adventure. But his latest adventure had come to it’s close, and after a head to head confrontation with his brother where he may or may not have parted on bad terms, well he figured it couldn’t help to make sure he got home to see mum first and remind her just how much she loved both her sons and would never take sides even after they try kill each other in some demonic tomb.

It had now been a few days since he arrived on the Island and Zathius was fast asleep on a gradual slap just a few metres away from one of the few bars he enjoyed in the settlement, it’s clientele usually those with a bit more life still in their veins before they grew old and stagnant, retreating further into the city so they could discuss how the good old days were before people from other worlds decided touring everything. The fact almost all of them were too young to remember this was beside the point of course, what mattered was that they were right and the young were ignorant. The angel in a man’s clothing seemed pretty fine with such labels, after all he had been living as a man for so long now he thought of himself almost as a human just with a longer battery life.

Eventually the one calling his name from nearby gave up, accepted he was asleep, and walked away. A single eye opened to check the coast was clear, then he slowly began to shuffle away behind the nearest tree so that from the bar-owner’s angle he may as well have been invisible. He would pay him back eventually, after all he had more than enough money to repay him for the table he stood on the night before, singing for all gathered to hear, he just liked being able to do so on his own terms rather than being commanded to. Did he get away with it every time? Not at all, but on beautiful days like this even debt collectors on Ilyanor found it in themselves to be patient and serene. All that was missing from putting his day into true perfection was company, though he was struggling to remember who on the island didn’t find him a pain in the ass by now.

Word Count; 637
Personal word count; 637
Total Word Count; 637
made bycapt. meows
Nemarius the Watcher
Nemarius the Watcher

VylderGold : 1839

Back to top Go down

It's good to be home... maybe Empty Re: It's good to be home... maybe

Post by Ashelyn Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:10 am

Though it had taken some time and keeping her ear to the ground, Ashelyn had accomplished her personal task for the day.

Ever since Kiigan left with Zathius and never returned (other than a few minutes for the Lunar Cleansing, in which he avoided them as much as possible in the shared spirit river), the young woman had looked forward to visits from Zathius. Her brother's letters used to come all the time, telling vaguely of the pair's adventures, but they'd slowed, becoming infrequent until they stopped altogether. The tone in his last few letters had worried her a little, but she wasn't allowed to leave to check on him. That was her brother Harm's job, though he'd had little luck so far.

Zathius used to stop by for at least a few minutes every time he visited and that was her only connection to the brother she missed so much. Though her parents weren't the hugest fan of the human-living angel, since he'd clearly been the catalyst for Kiigan's greatest transgression, they were good at faking nice and being perfectly polite to visitors for some reason. When she was barely a teen, with Kiigan freshly gone, she'd been forbidden to attend the meet and greet for hugs and updates, though she'd certainly spied. They didn't know she'd snuck out to watch them leave Ilyanor and offer a silent goodbye, even though it had been a 'secret'. Ashe always heard things she wasn't supposed to and lurked around just out of sight when it came to family matters. After a few years, she was finally allowed to attend the visits, though she kept her developing interest in the charming, super-cool Zathius quiet so she could continue to hear about her brother.

This time, however, word had it that Zathius's mother had received a visit from her younger son but he hadn't paid the Youngbloods their visit, so she'd zoomed off on quick wings to find him before he left again. Straight toward the taverns Kii used to hang out at she went, circling overhead to keep a lookout until she spotted him getting up from what looked like a nap and disappearing behind a tree.

Landing nearby, the angelette took off her glasses and carefully placed them into her purse before jogging toward the tree shielding him. With a pause, a steadying breath, and a brave face, the quiet girl leaned around the tree, her short primrose locks swinging with the quick effort. "Zathius?" she asked, hoping she wasn't intruding too much. Brimming with hopeful excitement and bursting with questions, Ashelyn's quiet voice instead remained polite. "I heard you were back for a visit. We missed you," she offered, though it was only a half-truth. Her parents were fine with missing out. It was Ashe who was missing it.

[wc: 469 || total: 1106]
Ashelyn
Ashelyn

VylderGold : 5239

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemarius the Watcher Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:30 pm

---

Whatever noise came out of Zathius’ mouth it wasn’t words, none from any language anyone understood anyway, as whether by genuine shock or theatrical playing he seemed to leap to of his skin at the call of his name from Ashelyn’s lips. Turning sharply as he sat giants the tree, letting his body roll over a moment in panic before looking up at her with pure amazement that she was there. “Ashe? No, surely not.” He replied with a joking dismissiveness as he rose to his feet and patted himself down. Looking at her as if he barely recognised her.

“No no, my dear sweet Ash is surely far too cool to miss me, I'm just some strange hooligan who passes through from time to time.” With a hand on his heart in false modesty he smiled at her, taking a few steps towards her as he failed at hiding the laughter on his lips. “But it seems whether or not you did, you heard right, I’m home.” It was a complex internal reaction to seeing her without doubt, but one which he managed to hide well from plenty of practice. It was not too much of a stretch to say him and Kiigan were, well, not on the fondest of speaking terms anymore. Neither did her parents seem to be too approving of the charming thrill seeker. But ray of sunshine that was their daughter? One of the few highlights his homeland still held for him.

“I swear, within five minutes of leaving these shores i was missing you all like it had been centuries.” He expressed with a genuine fondness, opening his arms to invite her in for a hug though a part of him tried to remember if she had any reason to be mad at him, it was good to mentally prepare before one got slapped especially by one as deceptively powerful as Ashe. “One of these days i won’t have to come crawling back here just for a hug i hope.” He teased finally as he thought back to some of their conversations last time he had paid her a visit. He knew staying there was less her decision and more a familial one, it seemed swinging swords at your brethren was more a his family thing than an angel wide cultural trait.

Word Count; 388
Personal word count; 1022
Total Word Count; 1494
made bycapt. meows
Nemarius the Watcher
Nemarius the Watcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashelyn Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:04 pm

The way the angel man startled and made whatever sound that could be classified as made Ashelyn raise a hand and quietly giggled behind it. He was always so animated and interesting. It was fresh and exciting, especially without her brother Harm around these days. She'd always been drawn to vibrant personalities, probably to balance her own quieter ways out. "Yep! It's me," she nearly grinned, eyes bright as she played into his mock shock.

It felt nice to be missed, as well. Ashe didn't doubt the words. She had no reason to, and honestly, there weren't many liars in Ilyanor. What reason did a nigh utopian island society have for dishonesty? Whether that was actually true or not remained to be seen, but in the young woman's world, she simply assumed the best of everyone. Naivety did that to a person.

With little more than a second or two of shy hesitation, the primrosette stepped forward and gladly accepted his hug offer, gently leaning into his chest and warmly embracing him for about as long as felt socially acceptable. "Oh, if only! Your tales of the Realms are basically all I have to go on for what it's like outside of Ilyanor. My parents never let Harm tell me anything when he visits," she sighed softly, stepping back to a comfortable conversational distance.

"However, I think I nearly have their blessing for short trips if it pertains to work, so maybe one day I can come to you. With persistence, I think I can whittle this elven weaponsmith into taking me along for protection when he goes to sell to the humans, but you know how they are about accepting help..."  

Her words, though demure, were earnest and flew from her lips easily. It was always like this when Zathius was concerned. It was almost embarrassing how much she talked, but given how rarely he visited, it probably had something to do with catching up as quickly as possible before she'd have to wait a good, long while. Every second seemed to count. "Finding a good enough excuse is a lot of work, honestly..."

[wc: 355 || total: 1849]
Ashelyn
Ashelyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemarius the Watcher Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:02 pm

---

“Finding an excuse isn’t the hard part if you ask me.” He began, shaking his head after the two parted. while Zathius was probably the opposite of someone who felt restricted by expectations on how much was appropriate or otherwise in regards to hugs and the like, he at least was aware and respectful of comfort. He was an asshole income ways, trickster in others, but not to the point of being a cruel or entirely selfish figure. However in his eyes it was hard to not consider such restrictive expectations and rules as cruel from parents towards their children.

“We live, more in one lifetime than humans experience across generations.” He added, the look in his eyes making it clear these words were something he believed in entirely. “Yet most of our people have lived less in a hundred years than many humans do in five. What worth is a beautiful world on our doorstep if we allow it to go unloved.” Not one to let an opportunity pass him by however, he reached forward, brushing a strand of pink hair away from his face before he gestured towards her as a whole and shrugged. “Beauty should not go unappreciated, and time should not be wasted gathering dust when you are not happy with it.”

Whether or not she was as unhappy there as he thought she would be was unclear, after all he may have been projecting his own memories of feeling isolated there, but nonetheless he felt he had a point. Regardless though he liked to be hopeful, so swatting his hand aside as if brushing away the agitation of her parent’s restrictions, he moved on from it. “But a short trip is a trip i suppose, and i hope you don’t intend to see the mainland for the first time without me.” His hands came to rest on his hips as if waiting to judge her answer, making it very clear, even if playfully, that he did not wish to be left in the dark when she did get to leave.

Word Count; 345
Personal word count; 1367
Total Word Count; 2194
made bycapt. meows
Nemarius the Watcher
Nemarius the Watcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashelyn Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:20 am

Of course, someone who took off to the mainland with her brother in tow wouldn't think finding an excuse was hard. A small smile of admiration tugged her lips upward. Someone like Zathius hardly needed an excuse for any of his choices. Though she wouldn't voice it-- it sounded rude and she was one to mind her tongue-- there was no way she could imagine the man standing before her in all of his expressive glory caring one iota what anyone thought of him or expected from him. Ashe sincerely wished she could be so carefree and cast off the weight of her parents' hopes. As the only child left, the cage she'd never noticed before felt like it was steadily shrinking, but she'd seen their struggles and didn't want to be the cause of yet another. She couldn't imagine him understanding something like that. It felt unique to her, the youngest of a complicated family that seemed to cause more wrongs as they attempted to right others.

What he said about how humans lived compared to angels, or even compared to most other Gaiyans, did strike a chord, though. She didn't know much about life and the races outside of Ilyanor. Humans didn't come to the Gaiyan homeland much, if ever as far as she knew. If they did, they never came near the places she frequented. Ilyanor had some "community hubs" that consisted of maybe a small group of tents or buildings, or settlements for large clans and tribes, but those were as close to human society's "towns" as it really came. Everything was spread out and while there were some Vyldergold passed around, vigs were just a small entry in the large bartering catalogue of tradeable goods and services. Those who wanted or needed the currency for their businesses would ask for it, but it wouldn't work as payment for everyone, and it was her understanding that humans held the currency in very high regard. It was funny to think how greedy she'd been told most of the world was, but she'd never actually seen one of the coins herself.

For a moment, just a fleeting one, she was jealous. In her eighteen years it'd been like he said. She'd basically done nothing, but... did humans really live so much more intensely? Did they have more fun and experiences to show for it, even as they made such an early return to the Great River?

It was a lot of thinking to take place in mere seconds, but she was brought out of it by a surprise touch. An errant strand of pink was gently brushed into place, bringing her attention more acutely back to the brunette now motioning to all of her. Though it was slightly delayed, soon enough she realized the compliment and her cheeks flushed. Was he saying she was beautiful? A soft, anxious giggle escaped her mouth. Not that she'd been speaking before, but the girl was now stunned into silence. Why was her heart racing so fast? Her childhood crush surely wasn't still lurking around? After a second of staring, she manually averted her eyes to a random tree to the left.

"Oh, no, I don't intend my first time to be without you!" she said quickly, flashing a nervous smile as she tried to calm the sudden bout of shyness. "I'd feel better if I was with someone I knew, since..." she trailed, another thought entering her head which was more in line with why she tracked him down to start with. "Aren't you ever afraid the humans will cause you to fall to sin?" she asked quietly, her slender fingers fussing with the hem of her skirt. It was a big concern she had. One of the biggest, yet not enough to keep her from wanting to explore and meet them all the same. "That's why my parents are so worried about Kiigan being out there and don't want me to ever go. But he's doing alright, isn't he?"

[wc: 669 || total: 2863]
Ashelyn
Ashelyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemarius the Watcher Fri May 20, 2022 7:54 pm

---

Oh the way the gentle giggle behind her lips could make a soul soar and a life complete. His entire expression got softer and warmer as if enchanted by it and Zathius let out a slow exhale as he let the sound sink in. The silence which followed was a sure mark of success, it told a story, especially when paired with her physical reaction, that his words had struck the right cord and for that he felt accomplished. He had seen it many times, in those performances and written in the books that humans loved so much. The way she glanced away to the tree as ab lush graced her cheeks, if she were the princess of this story then perhaps one day he might be the knight who rescued her, a thought which reminded him to finish that book once he found a place to sleep for the night. Humans were ever so creative with their tales, ironic for a species with so little experience in the eyes of their elders.

But as she spoke, her voice trailing off in thought, the Angel already had his perfectly response thought through, planning for continued dialogue as if he were a director of a stage piece himself. But when her tone shifted, and she asked him that question, his lips straightened and his posture became less powerful. He still offered a gentle smile but far more reserved, a slight sigh leaving his nostrils before he reached out and softly took her hand. “Come, sit with me.” He both asked and instructed as he guided the pink haired girl to lower onto the grassy hill as he planted himself beside her. One leg fully extending downhill while the other was bent high so that he could rest an arm along it. A pose he had also seen others do both in person and in art.

“Kiigan is a strong man, in both mind and body. Even more so in heart, you do not have to worry about him.” He did think highly of the boy of course, though he could not with honesty say he knew where the girl’s brother was or what condition he may be in. He had faith though, faith he hadn’t fucked up his adventures entirely, it was much to Zathius’ luck however his family hadn’t seemed too have heard quite how long ago exactly they had parted ways.

“I can be afraid sometimes too Ashelyn…” He began, his eyes scanning over the view before them as the light caught his handsome features, his face turning to catch a glimpse at her too for dramatic effect as he paused. “The humans can be angry, greedy, lustful people… but while many hold flaws, I would say they hold no more flaws than many of us.” He nodded slowly before shifting it into a shake of his head. “The threat of sin lies less in whether you experience it, and instead, whether you can fix it. In life you will feel envy, or wrath, or lust. But if you can understand your situation, see yourself and the world around you for what it is, then you can see the lines you dare not cross and see the way to bring yourself back into a more appropriate light. Stopping yourself from going too far, whereas i feel the is something the people here prefer not to confront.”

The way his voice deepened and lowered slightly made it clear this was a serious and genuine thought, but one he trusted to her as if it was their secret. “Many of our kin refuse to acknowledge these qualities entirely, run in fear from them all, and in that decision they are less likely to spot it, or drive themselves to a madness where sin is the only release. It is in that situation succumbing is far more of at threat in my experience.” With that said he sat up a bit straighter and turned to her fully, placing his free hand over the back of her own as he smiled wider to try and reassure Ash. “But once you see the world for yourself, if you ever feel like it is causing you any conflict, you know you can always come to me.”

Word Count; 711
Personal word count; 2078
Total Word Count; 3574
made bycapt. meows
Nemarius the Watcher
Nemarius the Watcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down