Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Mama's Letter (Hugo) WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» reminiscent: personified spirit panfandom
by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:40 am

» Lusamine
by Lusamine Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:09 pm

» A Dangerous Game {Closed/Tag: Kiigan}
by Kiigan Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:42 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Kiigan Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 am

» A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]
by Katsumi Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
No user

Donations

Mama's Letter (Hugo)

Go down

Mama's Letter (Hugo) Empty Mama's Letter (Hugo)

Post by Cassidi Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:43 pm

Mama's Letter (Hugo) S79NSCE

Resting in the large main lobby of an Adventurers' Guild building, Cassidi sipped from her water canteen as she stretched out her legs. Several groups of adventurers walked through the halls with the purpose of either doing some quest-taking or training. It was hectic and fast-paced. A type of energy that the white-haired hybrid rather liked, but couldn't quite enjoy due to her disoriented mind. For a couple of minutes, she had been sitting on a wooden bench, taking a quick break from her sparring sessions. Her last spar ended up being tricky and somewhat clumsy. She recounted the graceless incident in her head. With every swing of her daggers, she put all of her force into each attack. Although, her onslaught yielded the complete opposite of what she aimed for. She was easily dodged and disarmed several times. And her cool broke a few times as she grew frustrated at her lack of progress.

Gritting her teeth in annoyance, Cassi felt a faint warmth form on her cheeks as she recalled the embarrassing event. As she rubbed a hand against her temple, the guild instructor's words repeated in her thoughts. Her attacks were unwieldy and bullheaded. No rational plans behind them, but just the intent to harm. Was she really so on edge that even her fighting skills waned? It was hard to pinpoint the cause of her unsteady nerves. Recently, her instincts developed into something erratic and intense (most likely thanks to her werewolf heritage). Keeping a straight and focused head was becoming difficult to maintain. Cassidi wondered if this was what her relatives dealt with or if it had been worst. The young woman would never receive an answer considering that most of them perished because of the "hunt", or she knew absolutely nothing about their whereabouts.

... Well, that's not completely true. Cass' mother was hopefully still alive and well. She usually got a letter every month or so. It had been nearly seven months. A little over half a year. And not a single response. Worrying would do her no good, but anyone would feel anxious if they hadn't heard from a loved one. So, Cassidi buried her concerns by distracting herself with quests. She needed all the experience she could get. While walking toward the various quest boards, she maneuvered through a crowd of fledgling adventurers as they struggled to on what missions to take. The half-werewolf wasted no time scouring through every poster, seeing if any would pique her interest.

Word Count: 417
Total Word Count: 417
Tagged:  @Kirwin  
Cassidi

VylderGold : 15558

Back to top Go down

Mama's Letter (Hugo) Empty Re: Mama's Letter (Hugo)

Post by Kirwin Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:09 am

Mama's Letter (Hugo) FBHsO4f

With a few final flaps of large red wings, Hugo touched down on the cobbled street into a light jog. As his pace transitioned into a casual walk, he gave his shoulders a roll. Though he’d made the flight from Lyndon Port to Engloria many times, it never failed to leave a slight soreness in his wings and back. Maybe it was more windy today, as the ache made him curl his lip for a moment.

As if he didn’t have a care in the world, the avian ambled up the steps of the Adventurer’s Guild hall. A dramatic sigh left his lips as he looked at the doors. Hugo loved visiting the guild when he was seeking other jobs to do or a meal on one of his travels, but it was the worst place to deliver to. Job listings were easy to drop off, but people often sent personal letters to the guild with no information about whether or not the person was there. Several times he’d had to ask around for hours just to find the recipient of the mail he was carrying. With the noise he was hearing behind those doors, it seemed like another one of those days.

Pushing his way inside, Hugo pulled a handful of letters from the satchel strung around his shoulder. Flipping through them, it seemed that all but one were job listings addressed to the guild. He walked to the back of the room, having to dodge a group of adventurers on the way who didn’t seem to notice he was in their path. Usually there was a guild member at the desk at the back, but nobody was there today. With a shrug, Hugo left the guild’s mail in the center of the desk. Turning back to face the room, he read the name on the one remaining envelope: Cassidi.

“Really, no last name?” the avian groaned. That only made his job several times harder. With a defeated hunch of his shoulders, Hugo approached a group of adventurers having a heated conversation at one of the tables in the center of the hall. Clearing his throat, he held up a finger to interject. “Are any of you Cassidi?” he asked. Silence fell among the group. Hugo waited for an answer, but got nothing but annoyed glances. After an extended awkward silence, he got the hint. “Alright, alright, I get it,” he said, backing away with his hands held up defensively.

Approaching a group of younger looking adventurers squabbling over the job listing board, he tried to get their attention. “Hey, are any of you Cassidi?” he asked, but their voices drowned him out. “Do. You. Guys. Know. A. Cassidi?” he asked again, drawing his words out slower and trying to speak louder. Failure, again. With a defeated sigh, he took a seat at a nearby empty table. “I deserve some pie after this,” he grumbled to himself, putting his scruffy blond head in his hands.

Post WC: 496 Thread WC: 913 Tagged:  @Cassidi    Music: -  

Last edited by Kirwin on Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kirwin
Kirwin

VylderGold : 946

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:27 pm

Cassidi let out an annoyed growl when she first heard her name. She had no time to listen to whoever the hell was calling for her. While pulling a couple of quest posters off the board, the white-haired hybrid's eye twitched at the sound of her name once again. Her head snapped in the voice's direction as she held a deep frown on her face. However, she blinked almost dumbly as she caught the sight of a male blond-haired avian. He was definitely on the short side. It wasn't anyone that she knew, but she tilted her head slightly to the side while squinting at him. The young woman's eyes maintain a steady stare at the man as he sat down at a nearby table.

Ambling toward the table where the blonde sat, Cassi's hand lifted up a bit to give the stranger an awkward wave before letting it fall to her side swiftly. She remained standing as she aimed her golden gaze at the winged man. "You were calling for a Cassidi, right? I am her, so ... do you need something or...?" Her voice came out tentative. "Sorry, I, uh, don't mean to assume." She coughed in her hand to quell her nerves. It was odd that the one thing that often tripped her up was social interactions.

Word Count: 220
Total Word Count: 1,133
Cassidi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirwin Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:10 pm

A hesitant female voice broke Hugo from his woeful daydreams about pie. The avian whipped his head up with his eyebrows raised as the voice claimed to be Cassidi. Standing by the table was a woman with white hair, taller than he - though most people were. She seemed confused as to why he was searching for her, as well as a little nervous. All of that went right over Hugo’s head.

“Oh thank Fleuve’ir,” the young man sighed to himself. The dread of having to search for the letter’s recipient vanished at once. It was his lucky day, she had found him instead! “Hello Cassidi!” he greeted, leaping to his feet from the seat at the table. “I don’t need anything from you, quite the opposite actually. My name is Hugo, your friendly neighborhood mail deliverer!” he puffed out his chest a little while pointing a thumb at himself. A friendly grin crossed his face. He picked up the letter from the table, presenting it to the woman with a flourish. “And this is for you!”

Post WC: 177 Thread WC: 1,090 Tagged:  @Cassidi   Music: Link  
Kirwin
Kirwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:49 pm

Cassidi's eyes widened as the blonde-haired avian presented a letter with her name on the front. She blinked a few times as a look of dumbfoundedness crossed her face before breaking out of her daze. "Really? Um, I ... Thank you." The half-werewolf said with surprise lacing her voice as she took the envelope gently from Hugo's hand. Tearing open the seal flap, she pulled out a thin piece of paper containing some sloppy handwriting. However, the style of the writing was immediately recognizable to the young hybrid as she focused on each line of written text.

The Letter:

A small smile formed as Cassidi read the letter. Gradually, her mouth widened into a grin that she covered with her hand. She's just fine. She's alright. Things are okay..., she reassured herself in her mind. While looking back at the avian courier, her voice came out genuine as she said, "Thank you so much ... I've been waiting for a letter like this for a long time. I, oh..." Suddenly, she searched inside a pouch on her hip. She muttered while taking out a couple of vyldergold, "I should tip you. Yea, that's what I'll do." Extending her hand toward Hugo, she presented a handful of coins, "Here, please take this. It's the least I could do."

Word Count: 386
Total Word Count: 1,476
Cassidi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirwin Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:12 pm

Hugo watched with interest as Cassidi took the letter from his hand and began to open it. Seeing people’s reactions to reading their mail was entertaining, and he made it a game for himself to guess what they were reading. He would never snoop, so he just let his imagination run wild instead. The woman’s confused expression changed to a smile, then a grin that he couldn’t help but mirror.

“No problem at all,” he replied to her gratuitous words. “I’m glad I could help it get to you.” It must have been something important if it had changed her countenance this much.

“Aw, shucks,” Hugo said as she offered him a vyldergold tip, running a hand through his scruffy hair. “Thanks.” His mom, who was also his boss, allowed deliverers to accept tips, but the young avian always felt awkward about taking people’s money. It made him feel guilty in a way. People sometimes got offended when he didn’t take the tip though, so it was an internal battle of his own feelings and wanting to make the customer happy.

An idea jumped to his mind as he accepted the money, a way to accept the money but not feel guilty about it. “Say, would you want to go get some pie with me?” asked the ever-friendly avian. “I was planning on hitting up Predigio Bakery on my way out of town anyway.” Social appearances be damned (or unknowingly ignored), he would spend time with any stranger who seemed friendly enough. Hugo was the type to love the company of anyone regardless of how well he knew them.

Post WC: 269 Thread WC: X Tagged:  @Cassidi   Music: Link  
Kirwin
Kirwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:46 pm

Cassidi's eyebrow arched at Hugo's suggestion to go out for pie together. This was ... odd. It confused her a little that someone would be so trusting and friendly. Tilting her head to the side in curiosity, she asked tentatively, "Are ... Are you sure? That's really okay with you?" She cringed internally at her own shyness. It was like she was that lonely little girl again. Meek, quiet, and self-deprecating. She quickly cleared her throat and answered in a confident tone, "I mean, yeah. I'd like that, actually. It's been a while since I got anything sweet lately." She let out a light chuckle while looking down at the amiable avian. He really was a shortie! He might even be shorter than Bleu. It was kind of adorable, although she had a feeling that most guys probably wouldn't like to be referred to like that. "Anyway, what are you planning on getting? I've thought about getting a classic like an apple pie, but I'm feeling a little experimental.". She heard some good things about this Predigio Bakery in Engloria before. Hopefully, the gossip about it was true.

Word Count: 188
Total Word Count: 1,933
Cassidi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirwin Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:07 am

“‘Course,” Hugo replied with a casual downward wave of his hand. He had no problem at all inviting strangers to hang out with him. Over time he’d found that they were more likely to open up to the idea if he took the lead and just went for it. It wasn’t in his nature to worry about what others thought about his forwardness.

“Cool beans! Let’s head there,” the avian said with a grin as she agreed. He’d half expected her to turn down his offer. Cassidi seemed rather nervous, but maybe some pie would change that! Hugo stood from his seat and gestured for her to walk with him towards the door of the guild hall.

“Hmmm,” he mused as they left the building, scratching at the faint scruff on his chin. “I like a good banana cream pie, but sometimes they have seasonal or specialty pies. Maybe they’ll have something that’s new to both of us!” The avian walked with his hands in his pockets and extended his wings out a little more than they had been while inside. The two probably looked like quite the odd pair, especially with him having such a small stature and vibrant red feathers.

“So where ya from, Cass? Can I call you Cass?” Hugo asked, looking up at her.

Post WC: 218 Thread WC: 2,151 Tagged: @Cassidi Music: Link

Kirwin
Kirwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:12 pm

​Cassidi hummed softly before replying in a relaxed tone, "Yea, let's hope. I usually get kind of boring shit, so I may as well try something new." Her eyes linger along with his vibrant red wings that puffed out. It was a pretty color on the small avian. She remained quiet while thinking of what to say about her origins. She let out a soft sigh and decided to be honest. "I'm originally from the Outer Realms. But my adventuring stuff has led me here." Her brow arched slightly in curiosity at Hugo calling her "Cass". It was a bit personal to refer to a stranger by a nickname, right? Then again, she had remembered calling Bleu "Bleuy" the first time that they'd met, so she had little room to talk. The weary look on her face lessened as a faint smile formed. She continued "Oh, Cass? Sure, you can call me Cass. And, you're Hugo, correct? You, um ... You from around here?". A few silent moments followed while she racked her brain on what else to say to keep the conversation from being oddly quiet (at least on her end). Small talk could be a little tricky for a socially awkward person like herself. "So, are you not a part of the Adventurer's Guild? You just deliver mail there?"

Word Count: 221
Total Word Count: 2,372
Cassidi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirwin Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:31 pm

“Oh, nice,” Hugo replied casually, but internally he grew a little worried. If she was from the Outer Realm, did that mean Cassidi was an Eldritch? He didn’t hate Eldritch, but he was rather terrified of them due to some pretty awful bullying he received some years ago in school. Due to his size, he was often the prime target for jerks to pick on, and most of them had been Eldritch. The avian tried not to let his nervousness show, though. Cass seemed nice and he didn’t want to hurt her feelings.

“Yup, I’m Hugo! I’m from Avalon Islands, but I travel a lot,” he explained, suddenly missing the warm tropical heat. There was no greater feeling than an ocean breeze under his wings. “No, I am part of the AG,” he abbreviated the name like the lazy bird he was. “When I bring mail to the guild hall I look for jobs to take between deliveries. Mostly easy stuff.” He shrugged nonchalantly.

“Hey, we’re here!” They had turned onto a busier street and just down the block was Predigio Bakery. The heavenly scent of pastries wafted through the air around the building. “It’s pie time!” he cheered with a grin at Cassidi.

Post WC: 207 Thread WC: 913 Tagged: @Cassidi Music: Link

Kirwin
Kirwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down