Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
A Festive Fair! [Open] WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» reminiscent: personified spirit panfandom
by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:40 am

» Lusamine
by Lusamine Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:09 pm

» A Dangerous Game {Closed/Tag: Kiigan}
by Kiigan Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:42 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Kiigan Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 am

» A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]
by Katsumi Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
No user

Donations

A Festive Fair! [Open]

Go down

A Festive Fair! [Open] Empty A Festive Fair! [Open]

Post by Cassidi Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:50 am

A Festive Fair! [Open] T0hZ4mp

The area of the Cardinal Outskirts wasn't exactly what someone would call atheistically pleasing (at least compared to the City Cross). Still, there was a certain charm to its quaint scenery. However, a simple yet joyous fair would brighten this humble landscape! Setting in the near of sub-towns in Engloria, a traveling funfair garnered the attention of the common folk to their cheerful fare. Numerous food and merchandise vendors were lining the cobblestone streets. A gathering of colorfully painted carnies entertaining passersby as they perform neat tricks or spin exaggerated tales. Not to mention, there were various games where people could test their chances and skill. A cluster of children crowded around a large Whack-A-Mole stall as they whack away in the hopes of getting a stuffed prize. Groans of frustration could be heard as people failed the dreaded (and mostly rigged) carnival games. Then, a throng of attendees walked about the funfair, eating large smoked pork and turkey legs (a supposed favorite in this particular fair).

Various posters were plastered on the stands and the surrounding buildings that displayed the upcoming events during the fair. The Wheel of Death, the Fierce Fire Spinners (and fire eaters), illusory magic shows, and so much more! Notably, some of the advertisements showcased a competition called "Celebration of Strength". The contest was an exciting affair that focused on performers competing in different types of games that tested strength. This was one of the festival's main attractions as several carnies were announcing the competition excitedly.

Standing on an elevated platform in the center of the funfair, a female carny in a bright pink costume declared in a booming and clear voice, "Come one and all to see the nail-biting contest between our Strongman and a mysterious Strongwoman! You may be familiar with our beloved Strongman, but what of this Strongwoman? It is none other than the beautifully mighty Alfalfa! The Never-failing Neko! Oh, but will she be bested?! ... Who knows? The only way to find out is to witness this riveting performance!".

Cassidi's ears twitched slightly at the woman's announcement as she stopped biting the pork leg in her hand. The white-haired hybrid wasn't one for party-like things especially festive places like this. But, it was a nice change of pace from scouring and struggling in the wilds. Plus, it was relatively easy to conceal her hybrid-ness, so she hadn't encountered any issues. At least, not yet anyway. The only problems she'd faced were these damned fair games. It's as if they were designed to make you fail and take your vyldergold. Despite this annoyance, it was proving to be an overall pleasant experience. Continuing to take a bite from her meaty food, she strolled around the energetic environment in search of this grand strength contest.

Word Count: 463
Total Word Count: 463
Side Note: This thread is open to anyone who wishes to join!
Cassidi

VylderGold : 15558

Back to top Go down

A Festive Fair! [Open] Empty Re: A Festive Fair! [Open]

Post by wes Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:31 am

all these little lies
and most of them are mine
my words are coated in honey and wine
No one ever questioned his outings. Far be it from them to outright ask him about his personal life. Instead, they would follow him around relentlessly—dutifully— leaving little-to-no room for choice. Not that Wes minded, though. It was expected that he’d be in the company of guards as a general rule of thumb. But today he didn’t care about any of that, no. Today boredom had taken hold and boredom often led to mischief and mischief often led to some pretty unusual choices.

So there he stood, leaning against a vendor’s stall, dressed outside of his usual business-ready fashion, nibbling on a pink puff of cotton candy. Languid eyes swept over the area on occasion not to see who he might recognize (although every so often they’d linger), but who might recognize him. A moment of amusement influenced by two oblivious figures in the distance allowed the smallest of knowing grins to cross his face. They wouldn’t find him. Not yet at least.

Acting quick he pulled the black baseball cap he’d bought earlier lower over his eyes, copper locks straying wildly from the hair bun underneath. He slammed a few coins onto the stall behind him. “Grazie,” he added, another pink puff making its way to his clutches before ducking into an incoming group and coming upon a lone, wandering person.

“Mi scusi, signora!” he called out, lightly jogging up to them. The simple white tee tucked neatly into light wash jeans and matching sneakers made him seem like any other attendee. “Err, excuse me,” he corrected himself with a slight bow of the head. Before him was a girl, silver-haired and yellow-eyed, standing only a few inches taller. “Sorry to call out to ya so suddenly but, uh… Ya know where this strongwoman is? I’m startin’ to think the real mystery ere’s the show’s location, not the lady herself.” He flashed her a charming smile, or as charming as it could be while dual-wielding cotton candy. It’d been a small while since the announcement and, to be honest, he wasn’t in any real rush to actually see the show. He just needed someone at his side for the moment. Someone to stave off any attention.

“So if you could kindly point me to—” prying his attention away to look around once more, his brows shot up when the two figures from earlier came into his view. “Ah, merda!” he jumped into a squat behind her, holding the sugary treats so they’d cover his face. “Don’t let ‘em see me,” he said quickly peeking up at her from the ground, cerulean eyes vibrant under the sun’s rays. “See those two over there? The two bozos stickin’ out like a pair of sore thumbs? I think… I think they’ve been followin’ me.”

Wes gestured to them. The two figures seemed to be searching for something by the way their heads turned this way and that, both wearing finely pressed suits and dark sunglasses, both with mildly annoyed, mildly scared looks about them. Some people avoided them, while the more unknowing few walked past them like it were nothing. Though he seemed to sound worried, adding a little shake to his voice and everything, he couldn’t help but suck in his lips to contain his growing amusement after he was done talking, hiding away behind the candy immediately. If she were observant enough, maybe she’d caught the slight smirk.
tagged @Cassidi 0570 words
template by punki
wes
wes

VylderGold : 95772

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:15 pm

After strolling about for a bit, Cassidi stopped amongst the crowds of wandering fair attendees while munching on her large turkey leg. Her honeyed eyes scanned along the rows of colorful and decorative stalls lining the streets before shifting her gaze to the other fair's roaming visitors. She took note of the doting couple walking by the young, white-haired woman. Then she spotted a seemingly pleasant family walk toward a cotton candy stall. There was a mother, a father, and a little boy. An elderly man with a calm face that maintained the cotton candy stall was talking to them. The child grasped at the candy vendor's hands as he gave the kid a rainbow-colored cotton candy as the boy laughed in childish glee. Cassi's face fell into a rather sullen expression while her mind wandered to her childhood memories.

The hybrid adventurer still recalled her mother, Evedra, caressing her daughter's lengthy hair almost gently, cutting it into cropped white locks. As she sliced at her hair with a worn dagger, her mom's voice was calm, although her words were sharp. "Remember what I said earlier, little wolf? Your long hair is pretty ... but a danger. If you were in a fight and someone was to grab you by your long hair. Then, what could happen?"

Her younger self curled up with her arms hugging her knees. The silence was somewhat stifling until the golden-eyed girl stuttered in a quiet tone,"I could get really hurt. Or, I could, um ... I c-could ..." Cass' voice trailed off as she felt fearful at the mere thought of the word. However, her mother finished where she had failed.

"Die. It may seem trivial, but one wrong step or even being caught for just a second could lead to death. So, we make sure to never be off our guard. The world is cruel and even harsher to people like us, especially you, Cassidi. That's why we have to prepare for the worst. That's why you must prepare for the worst, because I may not always be here for you."Once her mother was done with shortening her tresses, she placed the dagger into her daughter's hand, making the girl curl her fingers around its handle. "You'll learn that quickly as you grow, little wolf." Despite her ominous words, her mother's mouth lifted upward slightly into a faint smile. Not a happy one, but a rueful one.

Suddenly, a shout from a stranger broke Cassidi's thoughts. Mi scusi? What kind of language is that?, the young woman thought as her brow arched. She whipped her head around to take in their appearance. A fair-skinned man with orange-reddish hair, holding pink cotton candy. He was a couple of inches shorter than her. Have ... Have I met this guy before or something?. Her eyes narrowed at him. But before she could say anything, the newcomer hurried behind the white-haired woman. It seemed pretty dramatic until he pointed out the two suited people a ways away from them. Her head tilted to the side, curious at the odd pair. Cassi's brows furrowed with concern, but she caught the little smirk on his face last second. Is this some kind of trick? Some ploy? She noted to herself to check her pockets. Her golden eyes looked up and down at the squatting man. "I see." She said with suspicion, "Well, why would they be following you? Are you in some trouble?"

Word Count: 575
Total Word Count: 1,608
Cassidi

Back to top Go down

Post by wes Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:09 pm

all these little lies
and most of them are mine
my words are coated in honey and wine
“Trouble?”

His ears practically perked up at her question, pretty blues coming to blink up at her from hiding behind her shadow. By the way she looked and addressed him, the snowy-haired woman appeared to be cautious due to his sudden decision to hide away, that caution clear in her voice and from the way her gilded eyes took in his casual appearance. She didn’t step away, though; and he was pleased she hadn’t.

“Signora, I’m in so much trouble it’s practically criminal!” he said, mischief boiling down to a mirthful laugh and light shake of his head. A little on the nose for a joke, but the mafioso only found the fact funnier. He wasn’t taking the situation too seriously, that much would be clear to anyone.

The two suits continued looking this way and that, a final glance at each other being the last thing they did before dispersing in opposite directions. He was good, it seemed. For now. “No, really,” he continued, seemingly coming down from the merry bout and into a calmer state. “I’m pretty sure someone set them on my tail. Family, possibly?” Coming to a stand, he studied the area around him. A small second of silence falling between the two. The redhead nodded to himself, as though coming to a decision, an easy smile falling over his features as his gaze returned to the woman. “No. I’m pretty sure it was the folks back home. They haven’t really done anything…”

The smile, although easy, came accompanied with doubt and consideration, and he almost trailed off in thought before picking up once more. “Right, actually. Sorry, this is probably really weird for you, ain’t it?”
tagged @Cassidi 0281 words
template by punki

wes
wes

VylderGold : 95772

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:02 pm

Cassidi's eyes narrowed slightly as she focused on the strange redhead. His response seemed pretty innocuous, although she had this feeling that there was an underlining truth in his words. Her suspicion only lightened a bit at the sight of the young man's rather cheery attitude about the whole stalking ordeal. 'Awfully chipper for a person being followed', she thought as her eyebrow arched in confusion. Was this some kind of a joke? A prank? Someone wasn't coming up behind her to throw water over her head or swipe her coin purse, so that's a good sign so far. As she let out a heavy sigh, she crossed her arms before replying, "Yes ... This is pretty strange, but not the oddest thing to happen. Although, you gotta strange family if they actually sent someone to stalk you. I guess, that's one way to show that you care, I suppose..." Her mind wandered toward the toughened image of her mother's face. Strong and dependable, but Cass' mother was always a little bit ... emotionally withholding. Then, Cassidi noticed her rambling attitude, so she cleared her throat before continuing, "Sorry about that. I get a little ramble-y from time to time."

Word Count: 200
Total Word Count: 2,089
Cassidi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down