Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Invitations [Cassian] - Page 3 WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» reminiscent: personified spirit panfandom
by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:40 am

» Lusamine
by Lusamine Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:09 pm

» A Dangerous Game {Closed/Tag: Kiigan}
by Kiigan Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:42 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Kiigan Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 am

» A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]
by Katsumi Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
No user

Donations

Invitations [Cassian]

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Invitations [Cassian] - Page 3 Empty Re: Invitations [Cassian]

Post by Beaux Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:04 am

Invitations [Cassian] - Page 3 Me9gqVH

Beaux watched as Cassian readjusted his hair, mesmerized by the dark blue locks. It was long, much more than the ponytail had shown. He had the sudden urge to run his fingers through the silky strands, but he was too far away.

“It feels great,” he replied as Cassian approached. The Deflater’s heat had been washed away by the gentle waves. He felt normal now, besides the fact that he was on the brink of plastered. The sudden poke to his cheek left him with a brief shocked expression, which molded into a shy smile. He lifted a hand and brushed his fingers where Cassian’s fingertip had touched as he listened to his date.

“I haven’t. Where is that?” Beaux asked, his eyes wide and curious. The only places he had visited since waking up in Hoptus Forest were a few small farming settlements along the road and the city of Engloria - none of which he’d gone swimming at. A visible shiver ran through his shoulders as he imagined swimming in colder water than what they were in right now.

Post WC: 181 Thread WC: 19,030 Tagged: @Cassian Music: Island Fever

Beaux
Beaux

VylderGold : 1175

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:04 am

Cassian didn't let it register on his face, but as Beaux asked his question, the way he worded it gave the man some pause. Though he often played dumb so he could continue to play his cards close to his chest, he was actually quite bright. Clever, even. He'd been a good student. In fact, he'd really enjoyed school when he was young, before hormones and puberty set in and took his attention to other places. Once it was no longer cool to be good in school, his grades had dropped off on purpose. The eyepatched man was no genius, but he really did feel that Beaux should have heard of and at least have an idea of the general location of every city in Mirinah, unless Gaiyans just didn't learn geography? Possible, but he felt it was a stretch.

He had a theory forming, one that he would have laughed at himself for just a couple of months ago. Cassian had been convinced that Otherworlders were a myth, a strange cautionary tale taught to kids to have a scapegoat for the atrocities in the war and how they'd been allowed to happen. No portal, no other worlds, and everyone in Rivengate that claimed to be from somewhere else was just lying or mentally ill sharing in mass hysteria. But then a lovely young woman with white hair fell out of a stone ruin right in front of his face. One moment he was alone in Hoptus, the next there was a flash and Nessa Cordelia Lux, hopelessly broke and confused. Since he'd seen it, he had little choice but to believe it, even if he had been in denial.

Some things would make more sense if Beaux was an Otherworlder.

But he'd play dumb and not ask. In the end, it didn't really matter if Beaux was an Otherworlder or not, though other worlds having angels too was an interesting concept. "Oh yeah, toward the north of the mainland, there are a couple of towns where it's cold all year long. Crowleigh is where all the people who want to hike in the tundra or skin go, even though it's in Anthros territory. There's a big lake nearby where people take challenges to swim or skate on when it freezes over," Cassian informed him in a lazy tone, getting the explanation out of the way before getting to the point. "Anyway, I once did a challenge there where a bunch of us wanted to see who could stay submerged longer. It was so cold, it felt like millions of little needles..." he trailed, reaching out to drum his fingers along the skin of Beaux's shoulders to imitate said needles...and as an excuse to touch him. "I won, of course, but I caught a wicked cold after," Cass chuckled, knowing it was stupid but, hey, it wasn't boring. "This feels like bath water in comparison."

[wc: 485 || total: 19515]
Cassian
Cassian

VylderGold : 4559

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaux Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:15 pm

Crowleigh was, according to Cassian’s description, cold. All the time. Despite that, it sounded like an interesting place to visit full of recreational activities. It was probably beautiful too, if people loved to be outdoors there so much. As the angel ran his hands through the warm tropical water, he had a hard time picturing such a chilly place.

Beaux shied away with hunched shoulders and a laugh as Cassian imitated the icy needles of freezing water against his skin. “That sounds intense! Of course you won,” he commented, shaking off an invisible chill. It didn’t surprise him that the entertainer would participate in such a competition, let alone win it. Cassian had such confident self-assurance, it wasn’t hard to assume there was a dash of recklessness in there too.

“At least we won’t catch a cold here!” he added with a grin. The mild ocean water was pleasant. Beaux’s mind strayed back to Crowleigh. The way Cassian had described the winter town sent a pang of wistfulness to the angel’s heart. He stared mindlessly into the waves for a moment with a look of perplexion on his face. If he’d never even heard of the town, why did he feel this way? The burning need to know more flared in his mind.

“We should go there sometime,” Beaux suggested, surprising himself. The Deflater had loosened the iron control of his tongue, so thoughts became words without him even trying. “Not to dive in cold water,” he added hastily, “just to visit. It sounds like a nice place.”

Post WC: 258 Thread WC: 19,773 Tagged:  @Cassian   Music: Island Fever  
Beaux
Beaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:40 am

Make that two surprised men. The darker skinned man's hand dropped from Beaux, his head tilting a little as he looked on. Had he heard that right?

We. Cassian smirked, rolling with it. "You want more of me, eh?" he teased the angel, looking quite full of himself. There was a strange victory in Beaux's loose lips, though he dared not think too deeply on it. He was nothing if not impetuous. He just knew he wanted very much to go. "Yes, I agree," he replied easily, the picture of unruffled composure as he brought a thoughtful fist to his chin. The mental image of Beaux in a fluffy white coat was adorable. "If you don't feel like being an ice scultpure, we could certainly wrap up warmly and go skiing, sledding, or skating. There are several beautiful lodges and plenty of room for adventures," the noble contemplated aloud, skipping over the luxury cabin that the du Villanells owned in Crowleigh. There was no way he was going to stay in any of the vacation homes unless he could sneak in without his parents finding out.

Should he be ashamed that he was still ducking his parents at his age? Probably, but he had his own ways and wasn't ready to give in to the cage awaiting him. He wouldn't apologize, either.

"Then I'll leave the timing up to you. I can drum up free time whenever I want, so whenever you want to go, just let me know, alright?"

Ugh, that was disgustingly available, but it was what it was. They were both drunk, they could both say some crazy stuff. It was only fair.

Carefully sinking into the water up to his shoulders to stave off his own heat, he was overly cautious not to get his hair and face wet. He also refused to go any deeper. Not many knew this, but the man really disliked the ocean. The beach was fine, but...the actual ocean was awful. It was a truly unfortunate feeling to have when your family dealt predominantly in ships... and you lived on an island where most of the tourists acted like newly hatched sea turtles...

[wc: 362 || total: 20,135]
Cassian
Cassian

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaux Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:13 am

“It would be fun!” Beaux replied cheerfully, oblivious to the self-satisfied reaction that his words had given Cassian. All he could think about was bundling up in cozy clothes and exploring the wintery town together. They could get hot cocoa and skate, sit by a fire as the snow fell outside. He couldn’t help but picture the perfect winter vacation together.

“I’ll let you know,” the angel agreed with a nod. “It’s been forever since I’ve seen snow.” Beaux wasn’t sure how true the statement was, but it felt true in his heart. The scenes he was picturing made him wistful, and he stared distantly off into the horizon for several seconds.

Cassian sunk deeper into the water and Beaux mirrored him. The water felt great. He wondered what kinds of creatures filled the water around them. A sudden idea struck the imbibed angel. “Wait here,” he instructed his companion matter-of-factly, as if the entertainer would follow him. He gasped in lungfuls of air, then dived down into the water. It was probably a bad idea to dive when he was this drunk, but he had a mission on his mind. Safety wasn’t exactly a thought at the moment.

The drenched angel surfaced seconds later. After wiping the hair and water from his eyes, he floated back to Cassian. Blue eyes alight with excitement and pride, he presented something to the navyette in the palm of his hand: a shell. Mauve and ivory swirled up from the tip to the opening, which housed a gleaming blue color.

Post WC: 257 Thread WC: 20,392 Tagged: @Cassian Music: Island Fever

Beaux
Beaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:57 am

Really, being in the ocean drunk was very risky, a behavior Cassian didn't mind for himself, though he was a bit more wary of it for his angelic, wholesome date. However, when he was told to wait, he did so. Pensively, his one eye watched the gently waving water, both waiting for Beaux to safely resurface and to make sure he wasn't about to be splashed. Splashing was always a concern, especially when someone hated the ocean as much as Cass.

Just when his addled brain was about to get a little concerned after a mere few seconds, a soggy head of silver bobbed back up and neared him once more. First he gazed over Beaux's expression, finding it horribly endearing. A hand lifted from the watery depths to cover the stupid grin that tried to bubble up. Just what was he so excited and proud of? Glancing down, he saw what he was holding out.

A shell.

It was just an average shell. He'd seen hundreds. Thousands. Millions. He'd been raised around the ocean and its shells, both back in Lyndon Port and once he relocated to these islands. At the risk of internally sounding like the spoiled rich kid he was, he'd seen ones plated in gold and set with priceless pearls, and even those failed to impress.

But the angel had found it in all his boyish glory. How could he pop that precious bubble? It was the expression that was killing him and forcing him to be the nice person he rarely was for no gain.

"Pfft.. Cute, ah, I mean, pretty. You- It's pretty cute, that shell," he briefly fumbled, a rare occurrence for the normally suave and silvertongued noble. Alcohol played a big part in his momentary lapse, but so did Beaux's general existence. He hadn't felt this way about someone since... her. There was just this vibe, this immediate connection that he very much wanted to run away from or bury, but he was never very good at self-control. A connection that had his single eye only on the silverette, when normally he'd be flirting with everyone despite having a technical date. And he definitely wouldn't be in the accursed ocean for anyone else.

Haha, this was very bad.

Recovering as much of himself as he could from the drink swirling in his stomach, he lowered his hand and smirked. "Let me see," he said, plucking it up and giving it an earnest look. "The colors are quite lovely. Who knew you had a shell finding talent?" he teased. "Attracted to blue things, hm?" he asked, more teasing, though much more loaded. Cassian did have blue hair and eyes, after all, and Beaux was blue-eyed himself. A trend, perhaps, but he was mostly just kidding.

"Mmm, an earring?" he asked, holding it over the larger jewel hanging from the dangling accessory in his ear. Then, with a mischeivous grin, he moved it to the center of his eyepatch. He was self-conscious of the whole thing, but always tried to pretend he wasn't. "Perhaps a decoration here?" he asked, then pretended to pause and think. "Perhaps not for me at all..." He reached the shell out, pressing it gently just below the gap in Beaux's collarbones. "Maybe a lovely neckless for the seashell hunter himself?"

[wc: 551 || total: 20943]
Cassian
Cassian

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaux Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:45 pm

Beaux was nearly glowing with an expression of childish excitement on his face when Cassian took the shell. The Deflater’s effects had relented on heating him up, now sending him into a state of whimsical stupor that left him with a juvenile fascination with simple things. There were probably millions of shells just like the one he had found, but to Beaux it was the most precious one and he was giving it to Cassian.

“Blue is my favorite color,” Beaux agreed earnestly with a nod that sent his wet silver hair flopping across his face. He didn’t realize the implications of what he had said, but at this point it was probably true in both senses. The angel pushed his hair to the side as he watched Cassian contemplate what to do with the aquatic gift.

“That wouldn’t make for a very practical eyepatch,” Beaux replied with a laugh, picturing just the shell attached around that blue-haired head. It would certainly be unique, at least. He was struck with a sudden urge to know what lay under the eyepatch. Beaux stared at it for a moment as he contemplated the possibilities. Even while drunk, he was too scared to actually ask the question.

Cassian pressed the shell to Beaux’s sternum and the angel leaned his head back so he could look down at it. The colors did go well with his pale skin and he could picture it hanging from a thin silver chain. Raising his hands, he pressed the shell back into Cassian’s hands, which he clasped between his own for a moment. “Do whatever you want with it, it’s yours now!”

“I think I’ve cooled off now. Do you want to keep swimming?” Beaux asked, leaning back into the water and floating with his limbs and wings spread out.

Post WC: 302 Thread WC: 21,245 Tagged:  @Cassian   Music: Island Fever  
Beaux
Beaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:01 am

A completely placid smile drifted over the noble's features as the shell was returned to his palm and his dark hands were clasped between the dewy pale ones. "You have my thanks," the drunkard said with a polite nod, equally as earnest for a moment until the aquangel deprived him of contact once more and broke the spell.

"Regaining our land legs sounds good," Cassian answered, perhaps a little too quickly, but he was certainly eager to get out of the ocean. Watching the winged boy float around was its own boon, but one that would quickly run out with each passing second in the salty waves. "We wouldn't want you to prune. I've never seen a wrinkly, shriveled angel before," the navyette teased, taking one last look before turning and wading back through the water to the beach.

As he walked, he peered at the shell in his hand, wondering what he'd do with it. Beaux would likely never know if he threw it away. He'd done so with many odd trinkets in the past from various dalliances, but this one didn't feel right to toss aside. The blue reminded him of those glittering blue hues he'd been admiring all evening. His drunken mind fumbled and stumbled around it as if it was some genius-level riddle needing solving. Since it seemed he was keeping it, exactly what would he do with it, then? It hardly matched his pricy, luxurious fashion sense, and it was ocean themed to boot. A bracelet? A cufflink? Hey, a cufflink wasn't a terrible idea... or maybe a trinket for his coin purse...

Either way, the shell was eventually placed safely into his wet swim trunk pocket as he once more stood in the dry sands. He turned to make sure his date had followed him and made it out alright. "What do you want to do next? Guest's choice," he offered, curious as to what the drunk man would say.

[wc: 326 || total: 21571]
Cassian
Cassian

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaux Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:05 pm

Beaux laughed at Cassian’s comment, imagining himself shriveling up like a winged raisin. He waded through the water behind the entertainer while peering at his hands to check if he had, in fact, wrinkled. However, his skin seemed to be barely affected by the water. It was smooth, but would probably feel dry later from the saltiness of the ocean.

“Let’s go back and get something to drink,” Beaux suggested, “and maybe some food?” The Deflater was still buzzing around in his system, making him hungry, thirsty, and without sensibility. Against his better judgement, he wanted another fruity alcoholic disaster. He stepped back from Cassian for a moment and ruffled his silvery hair for a moment to remove some of the water. Spreading out his sopping wet wings, he gave a few quick beats of his wings. Sand kicked up into the air around him and water droplets splattered everywhere, but when he was done, the feathers looked more fluffy and less soaked.

Beaux rolled his shoulders a few times, relieved now that the weight of the water had lightened. He linked arms with Cassian and led the navyette back towards the bar. They returned to their table just as a waiter with a tray full of shot glasses passed by. The waiter turned from his path and approached the two.

“Would you like a Liquid Sunshine shot, sirs? They are a free gift for anyone who wants one, courtesy of an esteemed guest.” He gave a slight bow and extended the tray towards the two men. On it was a herd of shot glasses containing a golden liquid that seemed to glow. It moved as if it was alive, shimmering in the light.

Beaux’s eyes widened in fascination. The shining liquid drew him in, a beautiful temptation to the tongue. Before he knew what he was doing, he had already downed a shot and was handing one to Cassian. The liquor burned like fire in his throat, but left a silky honey aftertaste that had the angel smacking his lips a few times. It wouldn’t be hard to get addicted to something like this.

Post WC: 355 Thread WC: 21,926 Tagged: @Cassian Music: Island Fever

Beaux
Beaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:18 pm

"Ah, food is a marvelous idea," the partyboy smiled, nodding in approval. Yes, getting something in the feathery man's stomach would be ideal to soak up some of the booze before it was too late. Food and more water to flush it out. Funny he should be thinking about any more water for Beaux, considering how much ocean wet was just slung from those downy wings, but right, that was on him, not inside him.

Heh, inside him...

Cassian was grinning quiet evilly, his mind frolicking into some unsavory areas when an arm slid through his own and he noticed they were heading back toward their table, glances and stares all the way. Right. He was being a "good" boy tonight. Food and water. Food and water and certainly not any Liquid Sunshine shots--

So much for getting more water in him.

Far be it for Cassian to play the responsible one, but he couldn't help but feel nervous as the angel snatched some brightly glowing tiny cups for them both, knocking his back before the navyette could even find his voice to speak. Weak with defeat, his lone eye gazed upon the satisfied smacking of Beaux's lips, imagining the kind of night he was in for.

Yeah, he was gonna need this shot.

Tossing it back and clacking it upside down on the table, he flamboyantly raised and waved the same hand to summon yet another poor chap paid handsomely to not enjoy the party and instead serve all of the affluent drunkards. "Bring us the King's Ransom and a pitcher of water," he requested, to which most servers would balk and hesitate if not for who Cassian was. It was essentially an excessive, indulgent sampler of hor d'oeuvres fit for the King himself, or at least any noble with enough coin. Of course, Cassian wouldn't be paying for this, or else he definitely wouldn't have shared it, let alone ordered it. No, this was going on the man's tab who threw this whole thing, one that had given orders not to serve it to anyone except the upper crust as a loaded favor, one the du Villanell had no intentions of ever even feigning to honor. No, he was taking advantage of the annoying perk of kiss-ups by hitting them where all nobles hurt the worst, right in the coinsack.

While they waited, Cassian hoped to tell Beaux to take it easy on the drinking without actually telling him to take it easy on the drinking. "This food is about to blow your mind. It is the best of the best of both land and sea, caviar on pearl spoons, blackened scallops, pheasant confit with plum sauce, gold-dusted baked brie with honey and fruit, oysters Bellefont, and stuffed mushrooms...  but it doesn't pair very well with alcohol. It's great at soaking it up though, and then afterward maybe we can get some more Liquid Sunshine?" he asked, leaning forward with a sweet but coercive grin. This tactic, though not usually used in this setting, generally worked on his little brother when he was trying to get the kid to agree to something. Some lies mixed with doubtful but possible rewards, all in hopes of the initial task being accomplished. Of course, the King's Bounty paired very well with alcohol. Arguably the best with a nice, deep red wine. Water would wash out the flavor, but water was the goal here. The truth was that it would soak up some booze and inch him closer to sobriety. And the unlikely but possible reward as leverage was more shots of the weaker but still boozy luminous fluid. "Does any of that sound good? I'm sure there's even more than that included. What do you think you'll eat first?" Keep him talking, distracted.

Hopefully this worked. However, as he took a look around, all he saw were landmines in the form of an army of shot-balancing waiters, dishing out free drinks like cards at the casino. All glowing like the rainbow, or sparkling, or both! Without thinking, Cassian reached forward, attempting to interlock all ten of their fingers to keep them too busy to snatch more drinks, all the while sending threatening glances at any who might try to offer. And still some shots ended up at their table! Honestly, this was getting a bit stressful!

[wc: 725 || total: 22651]
Cassian
Cassian

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaux Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:43 am

Beaux’s eyes widened with every delicacy that Cassian listed that would be included on the platter he had ordered for them. The options seemed to only get more and more exquisite, made of the most expensive choices in fine dining. His mouth watered as he pictured it all, forgetting instantly the honeyed burn on his tongue. Apparently the food didn’t go well with alcohol, so he nodded in agreement to drink afterwards. Cassian’s captivating gaze could have convinced him to agree to anything, though any promises made had no guarantee of being adhered to in the state he was in.

“That sounds delicious! I’m not sure what I’ll go for, sounds like there’s so much to choose from,” Beaux replied. He’d have to see it to know what he wanted.

While they waited for the platter to come, Cassian grabbed up his hands and interlocked their fingers. The contact surprised Beaux and a touch of his usual shyness returned. His face turned a shade of pink as he averted his gaze from their entwined hands. As he looked on, there seemed to be more waiters weaving through the tables holding trays of various shots. One person had sent out free shots all around and now other wealthy partiers were trying to show off their money and status by giving out their own rounds of liquor. Beaux’s eyes flitted between the trays as they passed, unable to focus on just one. There were so many colors, unique glasses, and eccentric garnishes, and every one looked intriguing.

Any time he tried to reach out to grab a shot off a tray, he found his fingers trapped by Cassian. The earlier promise of waiting to drink until after they ate food was gone like a breath in the wind. He pouted a little as a collection of glittery white shots passed them by, then a pair of clear ones were placed on the edge of their table. He wasn’t able to pick them up, so he just stared longingly. Now that he had tried the Liquid Sunshine, he wanted to taste them all.

The King’s Ransom arrived at their table with a flourish from the waiter. It was a giant slate platter scattered with neat piles of a myriad of types of food. There were so many things to look at that the angel felt like he could stare at it for hours and never see everything.

“Wow,” Beaux uttered, reaching out to pick up the first thing that caught his eye. It was a piece of fancy-looking cheese wrapped in some kind of cured and seasoned meat, held together by a toothpick with a gold wrapping on the top. Next to it was a cup of some sort of yellowish dipping sauce. “This is so much food!”

As they dived into the eclectic meal, the waiters began to stop by their table to offer drinks again. Beaux waved off the first few in favor of trying as many little bites of food as he could. There was too much tasting to do! Every bite was more delicious than the last. The waitstaff’s attempts didn’t cease, so he started accepting the glasses presented to him. How could he say no when they were so kind as to bring it right to his hands? Something nagged at his mind that made him feel guilty for partaking, but he couldn’t remember why. It seemed at this point that every other thing he put in his mouth was a shot. If he wasn’t taking a bite, he was knocking back some exotic drink or thanking the waiters profusely in increasingly slurred speech.

Post WC: 606 Thread WC: 23,257 Tagged: @Cassian Music: Island Fever
Beaux
Beaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:12 pm

Keeping those hands restrained was harder than he anticipated... but for reasons unexpected. It wasn't that Beaux was freakishly strong or insistent, but rather... Well, Cassian found his drunk self a bit weak to that shy face and the pouting. His teeth sucked the inside of his lip between them, gnawing with consternation. It was so hard not to give in. What was this? Guests and dates pouted at him all the time when he denied them something, yet he'd never felt such an urge to let him have whatever he wanted. but this was for his own good! He was already so drunk... the temptation wasn't good for his soul!

So much for their deal. As soon as the angel's hands were released to eat the obnoxiously expensive and decadent offerings, those incessant waiters and their drinks might as well have swarmed them and begged the drunk boy to drown in top-shelf alcohols. He watched in bleak silence as food chased shots before raising a hand to pinch the bridge of his nose. Is this how his sister felt when she'd been charged with keeping him out of trouble before he left home? Cassian made a mental note to apologize, though he'd likely never actually do it. He did now appreciate her struggle, though.

Call it rich boy problems (or the pouting) or whatever, but Cassian quickly gave up trying to stop it. It was what it was, and there was no way he could really do anything without snatching drinks out of his date's hand and basically parenting him, which was disgusting to him. Beaux was an adult, this was his choice. It just meant more work for the noble-born entertainer, which is maybe why he just threw in the towel. Reserving energy for the night of consequences while the angel had his fun was going to take all he had, he predicted. Instead, he vaguely nudged more absorbing foods, like artisan breads and crackers toward the slurring angel, using his charming words and convincing smiles to encourage him to eat them.

Cassian partook of the tasty offerings as well, sucking the gilded, soft cheese and fruit dripping in honey from a tiny gold spoon while he watched Beaux  c o n s u m e. They might well as both take advantage of a night of bad choices, so the older of the pair partook in a glass or two of dark red wine full of swirling shimmers. It complimented the food perfectly, despite the lie he'd told earlier. He did love the finer things in life, so it wasn't like he could resist in the end.

"So, what do you wanna do next?" he asked, proposing a distraction from the impressive display of food and drink consumption before barf-watch was on his list duties as well, if it wasn't already. Where was he putting it all? A single blue eye slowly raked down what he could see of the silverette's body, idly wondering if he had a hollow leg, yet not finding him any less attractive for it. "More dancing? Limbo? Fortune telling? Revel me with your karaoke prowess? A water-gun war?"

Honestly, any of these would probably be more hilarious than sexy now.

[wc: 538 || total: 23,795]
Cassian
Cassian

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaux Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:49 pm

Beaux was oblivious to Cassian’s exasperated pinch of the bridge of his nose, and the fact that he was being gifted bites of food by the entertainer that would soak up the alcohol he was downing so quickly. He just thought the navyette was being sweet, which caused him to grin like a drunken idiot (which he indeed was at the moment).

Beaux ate way more than he had planned or even realized. Had he been sober, he would have been appalled at his own table manners and the fact he wolfed down so much in front of someone, let alone someone he was attracted to. No, the drunk angel didn’t realize one bit. He was caught up in a blissful bubble of liquor, food, and Cassian.

When the consumption slowed, the entertainer asked what he wanted to do next. All the options sounded fun, so his mind jumped from one to the other in a barely-focused dance of thought before he picked one. “Oooh, let’s get our fortune told, la mignonne!” he gushed. The iron gate that held in the secret of his bilingualism had washed away in this state, to the point he didn’t even realize he was speaking bits of both. It all made sense and sounded right in his brain, so he wouldn’t give it any thought even if he could.

Beaux got up from his chair, but he had no clue where the fortune teller was. He extended a hand to Cassian with a bright smile on his face. Allons-y!
------
[Translations: "la mignonne" = cutie, "allons-y" = let's go]

Post WC: 255 Thread WC: 24,050 Tagged: @Cassian Music: Island Fever

Beaux
Beaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:44 am

"Allons-y, indeed," Cassian repeated, having no idea what these weird words were, but liking how they sounded coming out of that angelic mouth. He took his hand but took the lead, knowing Beaux had no idea where the tent was.

Leading him across the warm sand and through the increasingly drunken crowd, a small tent of draped crushed velvet loomed before them. It was purple, the color of dark mystery, and draped in metallic strings of gold and silver baubles. Unlike what Beaux was likely used to back home, what lay within was about as legit as they came. Madame Gia was a well-known and very, very expensive fortune teller, known all across the lands for her accurate predictions... if you could afford them. For some of the upper crust, she was the only reason they had mounds of coin and large families to spend it. The host of this party had spent no small fortune on inviting her for the guests, speaking to the depths of his desperation. Cassian grinned. Free was free.

As Cassian pulled the flap back, the magic was immediately notable. It was bigger on the inside than outside, sporting a sprawling open area as well as side 'rooms' for more the Madame's servants and proteges. The patterns within were rich and busy, but it only added to the charm and electric atmosphere. A witch, beautiful and doll-like, sat behind a large piece of black crystal. She intently gazed into it, her own eyes completely black until she glanced up expectantly at the pair. Unruly curls of deep green were barely contained by the colorful tie as her whole head angled upward in a more welcoming way. "Ah, Cassian and Beaux," she said in a wispy, ethereal tone. It was as if she walked the veil between this realm and the leylines.

As she accepted them into her service, various servants adorned in bells and thick folds of bright fabrics rang tiny gongs and finger cymbals, heralding them to whatever forces Madame Gia tapped into and ushering them further in. Cassian, despite the undeniable results of her work, remained skeptical. He'd seen a lot of frauds, and since his family didn't need her help to become what they were, he was more in the camp that she was just a top-notch motivator that caused others to feel secure in the risks they took for high rewards. She gave them confidence, perhaps, but he had a hard time accepting that everyone's future could be told in the stars, cards, or in that creepy black crystal she fondled so fondly. Regardless, it was fun to see what she'd say.

"After you, la mignonne," Cassian bowed playfully, just assuming what whatever the phrase meant, it wasn't some sort of insult. Madame Gia motioned the angel to the cushy black chair across from her, eager to get started.

[wc: 478 || total: 24,528]
Cassian
Cassian

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaux Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:45 am

Beaux looked delighted as Cassian repeated his words and took his hand. The two made their way through the crowds towards the fortune teller. The tent that came into view wasn’t very big and made of a dark purple velvet with all sorts of shiny drapery. Beaux was mesmerized by how enigmatic it was. As the two ducked into the tent the angel felt excited, but a little apprehensive. He had no clue what to expect. With what little memories he had, he didn’t think he’d ever been to one before.

The purple tent was deceiving from the outside. Inside it opened up to a large main room with several others leading off to the sides. Beaux was baffled. He wanted to go out and look at the outside of the tent again to make sure what he was seeing was real. “It’s bigger on the inside…” he muttered in bewilderment. The confusion didn’t last for very long, as what greeted them in the tent drew his attention. A woman greeted them in a raspy voice. Her eyes were black and green hair curled around her face. She looked entirely spooky and mystical, and she fit exactly what Beaux imagined a fortune teller would look like. Several of her assistants appeared around them, creating a haunting chorus of chimes with their instruments.

Both Cassian and the fortune teller ushered him forward to go first. Beaux sat a little clumsily down on the large cushiony chair that was set on the floor opposite of Madame Gia. Between them on a table sat the black crystal into which she had been staring earlier. The angel fidgeted uneasily. He could feel the magic in the air around them. It caused a pressure in his ears and a strange tingling on his skin.

“Closer, Beaux, come closer,” Madame urged, leaning in too. “Let the crystal see you so it can show me what needs to be seen.” The angel gave Cassian an uncertain glance, then moved closer to the crystal. He looked at it, then at the fortune teller. Her dark eyes gave nothing away, though her mouth moved in silent speech. No matter how hard the drunk young man tried, he couldn’t read her lips.

“Ah! I see,” Madame finally said, straightening up. “You’re a long way from home, aren’t you, my dear?” she asked with a chuckle. Beaux found himself unable to reply, but she didn’t give him the time anyway. “I foresee turmoil in your future,” she said spookily, “But with that chaos will come passion of the heart. Hold your friends close. Along the way, you may find yourself confronted with a face you once loved.” The crystal glowed in front of her as she delivered her final mysterious line. “Beware of the thief of vampire’s voices.”

The cryptic words made no sense to Beaux at all. His brow furrowed as he tried to process the fortune she had delivered. It was unlikely that he would remember any of this later, but his drunk brain worked as hard as it could to translate the message. The meaning escaped him, but she’d done a fantastic job of spooking the poor angel. Perhaps that was just part of Madame Gia’s game. Who knew if any of it was true, but she certainly knew how to put on a show. He scrambled up from the black chair and backed away. “Your turn!” he nearly squeaked, gesturing Cassian forward.

Post WC: 575 Thread WC: 25,103 Tagged:  @Cassian   Music: Island Fever  
Beaux
Beaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:12 am

"Huh..." Cassian exhaled thoughtfully, considering Beaux's fortune with at least a slightly clearer head than the angel was capable of at the moment. It was equal parts uplifting, cautionary, and creepy... but sort of vague enough that the noble, ever skeptical, remained unconvinced that it wasn't stuff that would seem to come true if you were looking for it. The last part though. The thief of vampire voices was kinda... specific. And weird. Quirky.

His date basically squeaked himself out of the hotseat and prompted him to take his place. With a dismissive sigh, Cassian seated himself and met eyes with the soothsayer. The pair shared a moment of crystal clear understanding. He doubted her and she knew it, yet remained steadfast. They both leaned in toward the crystal.

"That from which you run from will demand your attention sooner than you think," she started, but deliberately paused to accommodate the coming eyeroll. Of course, she'd say something like that. Knowing of his family at all, which most did, that was the safest 'prediction'. "Wow," he mocked, and they both shared passive-aggressive smiles. "A powerful force lies within you, but it'll require two eyes to see," she went on, ignoring his baffled scoff. If only he knew. "Enjoy these halcyon days, for one day, you'll need discipline and willpower to keep what you desire," she seemingly finished, though she did pause and stare at him expectantly.

"Well, of course. That's a vague statement that can apply to literally everyone," he challenged, leaning back and gripping the armrests in preparation to get up, but the clicking of the woman's tongue gave him pause.

"Grow up, Cassian. Quickly. Take a close look at your father when you see him in Autumn. Have your wits about you and all may not be lost."

Well, there was nothing cryptic and vampire voice burgling about that. Madame Gia glanced at the flaring crystal and was done with him after that. With a pert wave of her hand, Cass stood and wandered around the chair, taking Beaux's hand and leading him out as the servants converged to block their potential reentry.

Once back out in the night breeze, a drunken navyette puzzled over his fortune, still skeptical but also haunted. He had no plans to go see his family in the next season and wouldn't go out of his way to do so. The rest of it he could shake off, but those last alarmingly specific and direct words...

"So!" he chirped, his face brightening as he decided not to brood on something stupid until it was time. He turned to the man at his side, giving him a nudge with his shoulder. "What do you think? Turmoil, chaos, passion... sounds exciting. Do you believe in this kind of stuff?" he asked, though his monogaze turned teasing. "Do you believe in the thief of vampire voices?" Cassian asked, mimicking Madame Gia's spooky tone, complete with fingers waggling in the air over an invisible crystal.

[wc: 498 || total: 25601]
Cassian
Cassian

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaux Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:44 pm

Beaux stood to the side as Cassian received his fortune from Madame Gia. The predictions she spoke were just as vague as the ones he had been given. It seemed the navyette was doubtful of the validity of her visions, scoffing at several that seemed rather outlandish. The comment about needing two eyes stuck with the drunk angel. Did that mean Cassian didn’t have two eyes? How would he get another one?

With a final somber comment about his father, the witch waved them off. Her servants closed in behind them as the two men pushed through the tent flaps. The prickly feeling of the fortune teller’s magic faded from Beaux’s skin as they gained distance from the tent. Fresh night air was a relief after being in the scary, stuffy tent.

Cassian asked what he thought of the fortune he was given, mimicking Madame Gia’s spooky aura and wiggling his fingers around an imaginary crystal. Beaux laughed and returned the shoulder nudge. The entertainer’s mockery of the witch eased his worries about their fortunes. It was all just for fun, right? He could convince himself of that.

“Hmm, I’m not sure if I believe it all,” Beaux admitted, “My life doesn’t seem exciting enough for all those things to be true.” His face fell a little. The last thing he needed was turmoil. Passion of the heart sounded nice… but the possibility of seeing a face he once loved caused an uneasy feeling in his gut. How would he know who the person from his past would be? There were no memories of people he may have known before.

“That last one sounds a little too fantastical to be real,” Beaux added with a shake of his head. He couldn’t imagine a situation where that would make any sense. Vampires weren’t involved in his life, and he didn’t plan on visiting any places where they resided.

“And you? What’s this powerful force inside you she spoke of?” Beaux teased back, wiggling his fingers in air quotes when he said ‘powerful force’. “You never told me you were magical.”

Post WC: 349 Thread WC: 25,950 Tagged: @Cassian Music: Island Fever

Beaux
Beaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:27 pm

"Oof," Cassian scoffed in mock insult. "Am I not exciting? And here I was trying so very hard," he lamented dramatically, though his lips were already curling into a smirk. This was their first date, after all. He'd be genuinely upset if he couldn't show the shy bakery boy an exciting time several dates in, but of course, his life was just average and boring now. Most peoples' were. Cassian's wasn't because.. well, partially due to the situation he was born into, but mostly because he wouldn't let things get mind-numbingly dull. If there was excitement to be had, the navyette would sniff it out.

At least Beaux wasn't too spooked by the last part of his fortune. It did sound pretty ridiculous, like something out of a work of fiction or in old, dusty history books detailing war crimes. "Who knows, maybe you're destined to be a vampire slayer?" Cassian teased, running his tongue over his very normal-sized canines as if they were fangs. "I imagine the Golden Titans and Guardian Knights and all the treaty fans would get a smidge pissy, but, ey... you do you, right?" he continued to tease, tugging on the hand he held until he goaded the drunk silverette into a little twirl.

Beaux then teased about his magic and the mage shrugged. "I have a few tricks," he said smugly, raising his free hand to let a wisp of cold air and beautiful snowflakes blow into his date's face and ruffle his hair. "While I have many skills," he explained, oozing with confidence as usual, "I certainly wouldn't call it a 'powerful force' like she made it sound. It's just normal magic. Useful when needed, but not a substitute for other more practical abilities. My long jump is quite extraordinary, and you've already seen how I dance."

Though his date had yet to give them a new destination, Cassian took the opportunity to just wander around in the sand, skirting near the dancing and other activities in case one sparked his date's interest, while also just enjoying a nice stroll and a chat. And the jealous glares they were getting never ceased, which was thrilling in its own way.

[wc: 366 || total: 26,316]
Cassian
Cassian

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaux Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:11 am

Beaux pouted. Pas juste! You know that’s not what I meant,” he protested. This was the most excitement he’d had since he woke up in Hoptus Forest. It was refreshing to go out and do something more interesting than just work. “Tonight has been amazing,” he added earnestly. At least, what he could remember of it had been fun. The copious amount of shots he’d taken with their food and the lingering Deflater were really affecting his mind. It would be a miracle if tomorrow he could recall more than vague flashes of what had happened. It was also a miracle he was still on his feet.

“Me, a vampire slayer?” Beaux laughed at the tease. “That would definitely make me some enemies,” he agreed. He didn’t know much about the Golden Titans or Guardian Knights, but they sounded like people whose good side he would rather be on. Cassian guided him into a twirl, which Beaux played along with. He wasn’t graceful at the moment, but again he moved with a practiced fluidity like when they were dancing earlier.

While he had been mostly joking about the powerful force, Beaux was delighted when his date showed off a little magic. The cold burst of snow made his hair flutter and for a moment the air kissed his cheeks with the faint breath of winter. It was a nice refreshment in this humid climate. “Your dancing is definitely something magical,” he replied immediately with a coy grin.

“Let’s go to the beach again, I want to see the stars!” Beaux suggested abruptly. At the moment, his thoughts were as fleeting as a butterfly in the wind. Oblivious to the daggers being glared at them as they had wandered, the angel took the lead and drew Cassian with him back to the moonlight-bathed sands.

[Translations: “Pas juste!” = Not fair!]

Post WC: 303 Thread WC: 26,619 Tagged: @Cassian Music: Island Fever

Beaux
Beaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:44 am

"Stars for my date, then," Cassian answered agreeably, more than happy to have a seat somewhere. He was a little dizzy, not enough to feel bad, but enough that he'd like to ride out the wavy feeling somewhere still and quiet. As Beaux led him back toward the beach, Cass reached out and snatched a quilt right out of some rando's hands as they went. Whoever it was started to protest, but the noble reached into his trunk's pocket and tossed him a coin or two. Money always bought silence.

Ugh, he'd sounded like his father.

Disgruntled by the passing thought, he frowned about it until they reached their more private destination. The pulsing of the music was muffled by the distance, and they had escaped the heavy glances and rumbling of voices. Cassian stepped ahead and laid the quilt down on the warm sands, tumbling down with grace. At first, he stretched and sighed, but then he turned onto his side and tucked an arm under his head. With a smirk, a tanned hand reached out and patted the spot beside him. "Come here," Cassian said in an unintentionally sultry tone, only realizing this was probably not the best of ideas by the deepening husk of his voice. Definitely a setup for temptation, but nah, he could be good. He was drunk, but he was still at himself.

"You wanted stars. Well, the sky is full of them," he commented with purposeful levity, though he didn't really turn to look. Beaux was what drew his eye right now. No amount of sparkle could grab his attention away from the winged silverette.

[wc: 272 || total: 26891]
Cassian
Cassian

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaux Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:12 am

The two left the throbbing bass and dancing partygoers behind, finally free of the judgment of Cassian’s secret admirers and adversaries. The sand was cool under their feet. Waves lapped the shore on this calmer beach, bathed in silvery moonlight. It was perfect for stargazing, far away from the strobe lights of the party.

Somehow his date had acquired a quilt, which he spread on the sand before them. Beaux didn’t think to question it. The alcohol had made his head all fuzzy and it was really catching up to him. Cassian had flopped down on the blanket and now patted the spot beside him for the angel to join him. The sensual tone of his voice sent a shiver through Beaux, making him hesitate for a moment before flopping somewhat clumsily down to his date’s level.

Laying on his back, oblivious to the blue eye trained on him so intently, he gazed up at the sky with his hands resting behind his head. “They’re beautiful,” he slurred, mesmerized by the glittering in the sky. They gave him a sense of unfamiliarity, which he processed slowly. The night sky here felt… wrong. Like all the stars were out of place. "Do you know any constellations?" he asked, peering skeptically at the blanket of stars.

Beaux turned his head to look at Cassian, his lids heavy. Laying down on the quilt was a mistake, it seemed. The liquor was pulling his energy away and the foggy state of his brain wouldn’t have to go far to achieve sleep. Clumsily he flipped onto his side so he was mirroring his date, wings sprawled out on the sand behind him. Words were suddenly hard to come by. He forgot all about the sky he’d dragged Cassian out here to see and stared back into that captivating eye.

Post WC: 304 Thread WC: 27,195 Tagged:  @Cassian   Music: Island Fever  
Beaux
Beaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:24 am

"Oh, I might remember a few," Cassian chuffed, reaching over to gently rid Beaux's pretty blues of any tinsel-like strands, smoothing them away from his face with careful fingers. The noble, despite his expensive and extensive education, hadn't cared too much about school later in life. Or at least that's what he wanted everyone to think. Nerds weren't cool, but he'd actually quite liked learning.

Without looking up, he started to regale the sleepy, drunk twink with some stories behind constellations. He couldn't help himself, he kept running his hands through the angel's hair, probably not helping the young man stay awake. Beaux should really be more careful. What if he'd done this with someone... well, exactly like Cassian when Cassian wasn't being uncharacteristically well-behaved?

"Let's see... it's summer now, so there's the Wyvern and Wyverneer," he started, lone-eye twinkling as it gazed into Beaux's. "It's an epic tale, you know. The mighty wyvern with gleaming black scales and wings called the entire sky his own. None could touch him up there, and any who tried met with his wrath. Sounds rather lonely if you ask me, but he seemed happy to guard his conquered domain, but soon a wyvern-slaying hero rose. He wanted nothing more than to fly in the skies like the wyverns he slew, but it could never be while the beast terrorized the clouds. So with wings made of strange metal and special winds summoned by the prayers of mysterious priests, the Wyverneer rose to take the skies back. Ultimately the mighty hero lost, but his sacrifice cast a powerful magic and both were whisked into the heavens to be locked in unending battle amongst the stars..."

The navyette paused, a smile spreading onto his lips. "Getting sleepy, love?" he asked quietly, lightly trailing the back of one finger against a cherub cheek.

[wc: 307 || total: 27502]
Cassian
Cassian

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaux Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:10 pm

Beaux’s eyes fluttered shut as Cassian drew a strand of hair from his face, then continued to stroke his hair as he started to explain one of the constellations. To the already sleepy angel, the gentle touch felt like heaven and lured him towards the land of dreams. Despite this, Beaux tried his very best to listen. He’d asked about the constellations not just to make conversation. In this strange world he felt alien in, any bit of information that could help him understand it better was precious. He clung to learning like glue, it helped distract him from his fears.

“That does sound lonely,” Beaux mused drowsily. The story struck a pang of sadness to his heart. The young man glanced away from Cassian for a moment, taking in the night sky for a moment before looking back to his date. He imagined the sounds of the battle between the wyvern and the metal-winged warrior clanging through the heavens. “At least they have each other,” he added optimistically, trying to make himself feel better about the legend.

“Mmm… yes,” Beaux mumbled a little sheepishly and leaned into Cassian’s hand as the thumb traced his cheek. The Deflator was dealing its final blow by sending him hurling towards sleep despite any effort of resistance. Keeping his eyes open was a herculean effort that he wouldn’t be able to keep up for much longer, and as much as he was enjoying it, the gentle tracing of his hair and face weren’t helping keep him awake either. “Sorry,” he added, shaking his head and trying to look more awake.

Post WC: 267 Thread WC: 27,769 Tagged: @Cassian Music: Island Fever

Beaux
Beaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:26 am

The Delator strikes again. That was fine, though. The date had been very fun and he was definitely not disappointed. Beaux had been a fantastic choice for company, though a little risky. "Don't be sorry," Cass assured him with a chuckle, indulging in a few more moments of caresses before he gave in to what he knew he had to do. While he was sure they could both pass out here innocently on the beach, he truly didn't trust any of these skeezy clout chasers. Perhaps he was just feeling particularly protective of his naive angel boy date, since Cassian had passed out on this very beach more times than he should probably admit to as proudly as he usually did.

"There's a resort just off the beach prepped for the party goers here. I can help you there," the noble offered, sitting up. He may neglect his uppercrust upbringing most of the time, but he couldn't abide the thought of leaving his date, one he actually liked more than he should, to suffer the Deflator's after-effects and sleeping in a strange place alone. And normally that'd be a line he'd use to get into someone's pants, if he even needed a line, but in this case he was being very genuine. "Don't worry, I'll make sure you're safe, alright?" smiled the tanned man, looking even darker against the night sky. Beaux had no real reason to trust this rich party boy, but that didn't stop him from hoping for the benefit of the doubt.

Cassian was prepared to carry the angel, even if the silverette was a little taller. It'd be fine, Cass was stronger than he looked. Reaching out his arms, he waited to see if beautiful Beaux would take the offer, presuming he didn't pass straight out.

[wc: 300 || total: 28069]
Cassian
Cassian

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaux Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:39 pm

“A resort?” Normally Beaux’s mind would have jumped to worrying about the cost of a fancy room, but all the wasted angel could think of was falling into a bed with pillows like clouds and silky sheets. “That sounds nice,” he said with a dreamy sigh, picturing a luxurious room that awaited them. Would it have a fancy bathtub with jets? Towels as soft as fur? A butler? His imagination exaggerated the extravagance of it all, but with how high-end this whole party and island were, he might not have been too far off in his delirious assumptions.

“Merci,” the angel gratefully accepted Cassian’s help as he rose to his feet, “You’re too sweet.” A cheerful but sleepy smile was directed at the entertainer as Beaux leaned on him. His affectionate gaze held nothing but wholehearted trust. Perhaps that was his greatest flaw, his inherent nature to assume the best intentions from everyone. Cassian hadn’t given him any reason to worry, but even if he had, the angel wasn’t in the right state to take care of himself. He was too drunk and therefore was at the mercy of his date’s whims, which didn’t bother him at all.

Beaux tried not to lean too heavily on Cassian as the two walked through the sand towards the resort. Even under the Deflator’s effects, he didn’t forget his manners. Being a burden on his date was the last thing he wanted. They passed the bumping music again, then the bar. Beaux’s mouth watered a little as he remembered all the delicious drinks they’d had. If it weren’t for the pressing exhaustion he felt, he might have gone for another cocktail. He doubted Cassian would let him, though.

They approached the giant resort building, which rose several stories up from the fancy courtyard below. An attendant held the doors open for the two men as they entered. Beaux gave him a friendly but uncoordinated wave as he passed. Sleepiness was settling in and it was becoming hard for his eyes to stay focused. He hoped they were close to the room, because he likely wasn’t long for the waking world.

Post WC: 357 Thread WC: 28,426 Tagged: @Cassian Music: Island Fever

Beaux
Beaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next