Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Determination and Growth [ Bleuenn , Korlat ] WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» reminiscent: personified spirit panfandom
by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:40 am

» Lusamine
by Lusamine Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:09 pm

» A Dangerous Game {Closed/Tag: Kiigan}
by Kiigan Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:42 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Kiigan Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 am

» A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]
by Katsumi Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
No user

Donations

Determination and Growth [ Bleuenn , Korlat ]

Go down

Determination and Growth [ Bleuenn , Korlat ] Empty Determination and Growth [ Bleuenn , Korlat ]

Post by Korlat Tue May 04, 2021 4:25 am

Time seemed to lapse as Korlat flew through the blue sky with a road of thick fluffy clouds beneath her. There was freedom in the feeling of flight for long distances, the ability to stretch her wings came sparingly. Her places of joy often required her to be in a more human body rather than her Elder form. She was black scaled and white-bellied like monochrome, however, her scales carried a white trim showing not only their thickness but also how clean she kept herself at all times. The warmth and closeness of the sun's rays to her skin made her tingle on the inside.

She had been flying for some time now, leaving the Gayian lands and back into the Common region, a place where she could for the time being feel a little more at home. Her studies in Ilyanor were excellent, the great libraries holding all sorts of information for her. Currently, she was fascinated with different plants in the Mirraid region, while information on it was alright she knew the best experience would be in person. Plus it was in an Anthro run region where she felt she might connect back on a social level. Silence had too long accompanied her steps and studying moments, perhaps she might meet someone else with who she could resonate to a degree.

Laughing at herself lightly she doubted many survivors lived to this day. Turning her attention back to the clouds she plunged into them. Due to her speed, the clouds split as her vast form carved through the cotton candy sky. Mountain ranges and low plains greeted her eyes before another long stretch of mountain range came into view. Small specs could be seen flying below, other forms of Anthros claimed the skies. Slowing her pace Korlat banked downward taking care not to knock them around. Instead, she beat her wings coming to coasting hover on the warm breeze. She watched them with a love so fierce it startled Korlat, she knew of only one other emotion that burned her this deep. Her hatred for any creature that was not of anthro species. Humans and demons being the worst of the pairing. Despite that truth, anything not of the Anthro was not something she liked. A biased from growing up in troubled times no doubt; coming back to reality Korlat realized that some of the anthro were beckoning to her.

Allowing herself to descend to the ground below Korlat landed herself in an open field outside of the small homestead. Several Avian and Draconyte youths came running over to see her, they jumped and shouted as they came closer. Somewhere between her arrival and now the adults who had beckoned her down had decided she was a safe person. A wise call no doubt, lowering her head down to the nearest child she spoke. “Yes little one, can I help you?” Her voice reached out to all present causing them to giggle and smile. “C-C-Can we ride on your back, you flew so high and we want to see it too.” The little Avian looked down shyly as she toed the dirt.

Korlat could not blame them, their wings could only do so much. Looking from the kids to the parents who bowed their heads in asking as well. Blinking slowly she could not turn down such a precious bean like this. Of course, she would let them see the sky, dipping low she allowed the few to climb on. “You must not let go of the ridges no matter what.” Korlat directed them calmly, in unison they held tight as she lifted off. When the trip above the clouds took place she allowed her magic to grant them the ability to breathe so high up. Being able to share this moment was truly amazing. As much as she wanted to give them more time, she had business to attend to. A forest region to explore, and some caves to check out!

Taking them back to their families the kids left with pure joy on their faces. Their parents were grateful as was she for the experience! Taking off once more she flew the last half mile quickly, landing a few yards from the gates she transformed. Muscles, wings, and scales all shifted into a short amazonian woman clothed in all black. A long-sleeved silken shirt covered her ample chest as the large black cloak framed her shoulders. Standing at the height of 5’2 Korlat’s pants were kind of baggy for comfort, armor-plated boots covered her feet. Upon her back rested her black hilted claymore, while on her hip was a full spinal cord whip looped in the belt. From there, her magic unveiled the satchel that hung at her side. Before she even went looking for her caves. it was time for her to grab a drink and a bite to eat.

The city bustled with life, packs of people pushed to either side. Like a child, Korlat’s eyes light up in bewilderment at the sights and noise. Looking from stand to stand, there were so many anthro’s mixed together. Every now and then she spotted a half-breed that seemed to move as if ignored. It was to be expected here; raised by the trauma of their past, lacking trust in anyone but another anthro for the most part. Looking around once more she found the Talon Tavern’s sign off to her right. Shifting her way through Korlat was bewildered by its construction. For her first time here, she already felt at a large measure of peace. Grabbing the door’s hank she yanked it open with ease closing it shut behind her.

Laugher flooded her mind and body as she found herself a spot near the door. Dusting off the tabletop, she made sure that no one else had claimed a seat and then seated herself. Putting the large pack into her lap, she unloaded the contents on the top surface. Several large books on the study of magic itself. For those daring enough to see out the highest for, these books were the apex of their kind. Taking up one she cracked it open and waited for the next helper to come along.

When the lad did come she placed her order then resumed reading a good book.

WC: 1052 @Bleuenn Bosser
Korlat
Korlat

VylderGold : 1137

Back to top Go down

Determination and Growth [ Bleuenn , Korlat ] Empty Re: Determination and Growth [ Bleuenn , Korlat ]

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Tue May 04, 2021 7:33 am

It had been sometime since she had last been to her home. As Bleuenn stepped into the city she stretched her arms as she took in a deep breath. "Suuuuu, AHA"! Dropping her arms back down while overlooking the bleached stone buildings of her home. Her ruby eyes tracing over every overlap, crest and cervices as her mind wandered back to when she use to jump and climb across the building chasing whatever villain of the day came to her mind be it pirates or thieves or even the ever elusive cloaked figure.

As her mind continued to reminisce on her childhood, her mind would betray her and do it best to focus on the negativity. For the most part the city and it's denizens show their tolerance by shunning or ignoring her. Her witch blood did nothing to help her as Bleuenn's younger self was far less reserved when it came to the use of magic. Her Grandfather tried his best to teach and guide Bleuenn, but he lacked the knowledge and the ability to properly teach a young witch. It took an act anger to truly make her realize the dangers of magic and the responsibility laid onto those who wield it. However, like all hard lesson her actions and harm towards others only strengthened their fear and distrust towards her. Shaking her head to clear away the negative thoughts. I can't stand around here forever I have a job to complete. Clutch the tome that she had recently recovered from an odd ruin she made her way to the tavern to meet with the client.

With every turn of the corner she was met with past faces that were know to her, but only by memory. They might as well of been phantoms of her imagination as most quickly broke eye contact with her or walked on the opposite side of the road. Few children that recognized her tired to call out and wave to her, but as she went to wave back they were quickly stopped by their parents as they hurried them along with the child looking confusion as they faded away from sight. Sighing to herself, some things never change.
---

After receiving an expected, but otherwise demoralizing welcome, Bleuenn had finally made it to the Talon Tavern. A small smile crept along her face as she shared a few fond memories within it's sea salted walls. Opening the door echoed out an all to familiar jingle as a signaling the same booming response always by the colossal red draconyte . "Welcome to the Talon you rip out the guts we'll rip out the pockets!.. Hang on is that you Bleuenn; get over here you little icicle"! With a pop in her step she skipped over to the owner as other less cheery patrons whispered among themselves about Bleuenn's return.

Whispers:

"Your back so fast bet the knights already snatched you up"!

Holding up the tome "Well, not exactly i'm just here to meet with a client to give them this".

"What's that a tome, grimoire someones diary"?

Pouting at the Boss' jokes as she placed the dark leather bound book down as she unlocked the ivory clip. "I don't know, the symbols are not in any language I've ever seen, do you have any ideas"? With a shrug her hopes of understanding the book were crushed as she will soon be handing it off to it's soon to be new owner. "So you staying long I know Ceilna would never forgive me if I did not tell her you were back". Looking back to the Boss with a small smile as he knew just what to say to raise her sprites. "Maybe a day or less I can't laze about if I want to become a Guardian". Chuffing out a bit of smoke at Bleuenn's words as he poured her a drink. "Even heroes need to relax and sleep Bleuenn". Looking down at the glass of what appeared to be a wine or liquor then back to the Boss. "You know I don't drink". With a grumble he took the glass and downed the contents as he burp up a bit of fire. "Can't let the good stuff go to waste I'll get you something to eat".

Glaring at the Old Draconyte as she spoke almost in a drained tone as they have had the same conversation far too many times. "You don't need to give me anything".

"It's not a need it's a want out of thanks".

"As I've stated many, many times before you do not need to thank me".

"Oh yes I do and besides look at you, your so skinny and pale you need more meat".

"I know you are well aware of why I am pale".

"Well you're still skinny". Biting her lip, Bleuenn leaned closer to the tome while trying to decipher the strange symbols and markings as she was done with the Boss as he walked away pleased with himself as he went to go get Bleuenn's meal that had been forced upon her.

[Wc: 896]

Last edited by Bleuenn Bosser on Sat May 08, 2021 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

VylderGold : 134836

Back to top Go down

Determination and Growth [ Bleuenn , Korlat ] Empty Re: Determination and Growth [ Bleuenn , Korlat ]

Post by Korlat Fri May 07, 2021 2:27 pm

‘Hmm, I see so the component needed is not just energy construction, but also understanding the object’s properties. One can not always just ask for an item without prior knowledge of its design and flaws. Using this concept it is whispered to be the method to holding two elements at once. Later ruled as untrue as any attempts had been failures.’ Reading further over her notes and back to the book the quill pen she had with her wrote her thoughts down in order.

Patrons bustled in and out of the door to her left, the gentle breeze from the door kept her refreshed and awake. With the fireplace to her right, the warmth was a welcome sensation as well. Even after the waiter had dropped off her food, she did not look up but instead handed him a few coins as a tip. The general mood of the room was pleased and relaxed until Bleuenn walked through the door. Silence coupled with the keeper's booming voice shook her from the pages. The quill pen dropped down as she scooped up the mug of ale and drank deep. Eyes on the half-breed, she could sense the magic coming from her being and bag. Half of what she saw was to be expected the other half was unexpected as one acknowledged the woman.

As she drained the last of her ale in a single go she set it down to the side of the table for a pickup. This honey ale was quite delicious if she had to say so for herself. Korlat’s senses picked up on the grumbles and whispers as the half-witch passed by to sit at the front. She could not help but listen to the conversation about how she worked to be a Guardian Knight, an impossibility without the recognition of the Anthro people. For such a noble heart to be stuck in this situation was painful, but the caste system was set after the war. It was not her fault she was born in the wrong era of life here.

When Bleuenn pulled out the tome to study it, Korlats eyes widened with recognition. It was a Tome of Nature magic, which was why she was here in the first place. ‘A contact aye? Well now, I too wish to know what is in that book..’ Korlat mused with herself as the waiter came back. Pouring her another cup full, her slender fingers curled into his sleeve pulling him close.

“Tell me about the relationship between the owner and the Half-blood..” Her words came out like honey giving the young man pause and ease from the sudden pull. With her eyes, she gestured for him to sit and fill her in.

“Well Ma’am you see, he did not trust Bleuenn at first. It was only after the woman had saved his daughter did he take a liking to her you see? It’s hard to dislike someone who has such good intentions, he is perhaps the only one here who likes her. That’s why he gives her work and contacts to survive. Is that all Miss?” He spoke hurriedly so that he could get back to work with the most haste. Satisfied with his answer Korlat handed him a small pouch of coins and sent him off.

‘Bleuenn the Half-witch who wants to be a Guardian Knight. I never thought i’d come across such an interesting mix.. She has my respect just for being willing to save an anthro child without repayment. It was truly unusual but the world itself was also changing, to live in the past would mean to die to the past. Let’s ask some questions shall we..’ Korlat thought to herself as she waved her left hand the magic put the materials away, stacking her books altogether, and walked to Bleuenn. The books hovered in front of her till she reached the front counter. The stack was placed neatly to Bleuenn’s right as Korlat took the seat beside her. Another bout of silence as patrons watched what was to unfold.

“Studying magic as well youngin? Are you particularly interested in the magic of nature? That’s what the tome in your hands is about..” Korlat said to her as she watched the youth struggle to read it. Confusion was evident and that was okay. Deep within her soul sneered at being so close to the woman, but Korlat knew that to be her bias. Putting her distaste to the side she intended to have a good conversation or something like that.

“Do you have some talent with the magical arts?” Korlat asked as she picked up her ale mug and drank deep once more before setting it down. Being a whole two inches shorter than Bleuenn it must have looked comical.

WC: 797
@Bleuenn Bosser
Korlat
Korlat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Fri May 07, 2021 10:56 pm

Ga.. gral.. gel”? Sighing as she looked away from the tome, rubbing her eyes in an attempt to wipe away the pain and confusion that racked through her head. I don’t understand any of this, why would they write this in another language how is anyone supposed to understand this! Taking in a deep breath, Bleuenn charged back into the fray as she attempted to conquer the unknown languages. Though the harder she focused the more the strange symbols fought back as the symbols seemed to almost shift and dance along the page mocking the witch’s literacy.

Bleuenn was about to allow a simple piece of ink and parchment get the better of her. However, a thick cluck followed by the smell of paper and ink washed over her senses, snapping her out of her duel with the tome before her. When the words 'Studying magic as well youngin' crept into her mind, Bleuenn attempted to make out the owner of the words. Though as she tried to look to the speaker her eyes betrayed her due to the strain she placed on them earlier. Blinking in an attempt to return her vision she would respond to the figure. “More in line with failing than studying as the language unknown to me”.

Bleuenn eyes fluttered continuing to try and bat away the strain their master had placed on them. Yet the pain seemed to disappear as the voice revealed the tome secrets. “A nature magic tome, that’s what it was! Thank you for identifying the tome mis… ah”. In the middle of thanking the voice her eyes cleared up revealing it’s Draconyte owner.

At first Bleuenn was only met with the top half of the woman’s face. Lowering her eyes along the Draconyte’s bronzed skin to meet with the woman’s golden eyes that resembled more of a toad or goat’s pupil than the usual vertical slit that most Draconyte carried within their eye. However, it was not the Draconyte’s appears that put off Bleuenn, it was the look and body language she showed. Even though the Draconyte did her best to hide it, Bleuenn could tell that the woman was only hiding her hate and disgust for her. She knew all too well that once the Draconyte had gotten what she had wanted, her true nature would appear. Now that Bleuenn understood who was before her, she guarded herself answering the following question that would appeal to the Draconyte’s pride. “No this tome would be wasted on me, though it belongs to another i’m merely the method of delivery”. Hoping that her words were enough to satisfy the Draconic Woman before her, however she knew that a dragon’s curiosity was not easily sated.

Expectedly the Ebony Dragon was not appeased by Bleuenn’s words as the woman continued to watch and study the young witch as if she were a display at a zoo or specimen to be studied. When the Dragon brought up the topic of man and her ability, Bleuenn did her best to hide her magical aura from the woman as she looked away. “Not much to speak of currently compared to yourself I gather”. A lie to be sure and a poor one at that, but she knew that many were jealous of her dominion over ice. Looking back to the Dragon she could tell that the woman had magical talents of her own. Talents that were tempered over years of study. Though it pleased a dark place in Bleuenn’s heart, that for all the Dragon’s effort and time she would never reach her level of control. Part of her knew it was wrong to look down on another, but she could not help but to feel joy, at the thought of their reactions once they realized that a mere half-breed was their better.

Looking to the books that were placed to the right of her, then back to the Dragon. “If you are interested in the tome, you will have to speak with the owner once they come to collect as currently this is owned by another therefore I cannot give or sell this tome to you”. As Bleuenn explained to the Dragon that they had no further reason to speak to each other the Owner returned with plates upon plates of food stacked to the heavens. “Wh..wa..What! I can’t eat all of this”! Peering over and around the food as she tried to comprehend how the food was even able to contain itself on the plate. Looking back to the Owner unimpressed as the Old Red Draconyte smiled proudly at his work. Sighing, Bleuenn moved aside a few plates and bowls as she started on the mountain of golden rice first. With Bleuenn currently occupied trying to smooth out the mountain of rice the Owner looked towards Bleuenn’s company with a firm gaze as to tell the Draconyte Woman to treat the young girl with respect.

[Wc 821]
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

Back to top Go down

Post by Korlat Mon May 10, 2021 1:56 am

At first, the conversation was going alright, Korlats body language was relaxed for the most part. A sense of pity had even washed over her, seeing Bleuenn struggling to read the book at hand. The thanks were welcome, but it soon changed when the girl saw who she was.

“In time I am sure you will understand it. Have you had much practice in the natural elements?” Korlat’s eyes were full of natural curiosity, her visage while youthful carried an ancient weight upon closer inspection. “I think that if you gave yourself the chance you could learn it.” Korlat’s voice remained even and unbiased as she worked herself in a more passive stance.

Even if the Witch took her first bits of waning distaste Korlat would not let that frustrate her. She had lived twice as many lifetimes as the squirt. It was not just the topic of the book, but because Korlat could indeed sense her power. No matter how she tried to hide it, the war-hardened vet could sniff magic with ease. Korlat’s studies and training had made her use of magic diminish, after the war, she wore to never use it for harm again.

“Compared to myself? I’m pretty positive that assuming something off of first impressions is the worst way to go about changing people's perceptions. I know I look at you rough around the edges, and I beg your pardon for it. I grew up during the war, quite frankly like everyone here I fear the unknown. Yet I would humbly ask that you consider having a small talk with me.” Watching the food appear she finished what she was saying in front of the owner, his expression completely ignored as her attention remained on Bleuenn.

“I am not here for the book, I heard about a woman who wears her heart on her sleeve for those who wouldn’t even acknowledge her. To me, that’s the true making of someone who should be a Guardian Knight. My name is Korlat, and I would like to know the amazing person this here man has witnessed.” By this point the initial emotions she had first read were gone, turning back to the tavern owner she placed some gold on the counter. “You ale is delicious, and I admire your courage to go against the normal, I apologize for my guarded approach earlier. Working on better communicating..”

Pulling up her bag she pulled out several more times thicker than the one on Bleuenn’s right. “I study all kinds of magic because it’s simply one of the most amazing things out there. You seem interested in magic, you have a lot of magic as I can sense. I know this sounds like a joke, but I am serious.” Korlat remained blank in all emotions, presenting herself as plain and straightforward as possible, Bleuenn might have thought the topic done. She was very wrong.

WC: 484 @Bleuenn Bosser
Korlat
Korlat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Mon May 10, 2021 7:29 am

Sliding the gold off of the counter as the Owner stared daggers at the women as she complemented his attitude toward Bleuenn. He had only just started treating the young witch well out of pure guilt. "Nothing to admire Ma'am as pleasing our customers is our goal". Leaving the two women alone the Owner would curse Korlat under his breath.

While Korlat and the Owner had their spat, Bleuenn had polished off the plate of rice as she listened to Korlat's words. Picking a grain of rice off of her face as she placed the fish platter in front of herself. Taking a small break before tackling the next mountainous portion, Bleuenn would look at Korlat defeated. "I am known as Bleuenn Bosser though I am sure you are already aware, however it would be rude of me to not give my name after you had done so". Tapping the now identified nature tome, "You misunderstand the tome is wasted on me. As even if I could understand it my dominion is over ice not nature". Resting her hand over the counter, she would slowly lift her hand as a perfect ice sculpture of Korlat and herself would form under her hand. With a flick of the wrist the sculpture would dance and flex playing out the last moments of their actions to show of the young witches control. Brushing the sculptures away into a breath of snow, Bleuenn would look back to her food as she cut a piece of fish.

With her demonstration done the young witch continued to take down the hills of food before her. Glancing back at Korlat every know and then she soon realized that a simple performance would not satisfy the dragon before her. Chewing the last bit of fish, Bleuenn would stare at Korlat confused as most tried the best to avoid her. Why won't she go away, am I that interesting to her? Though it's not as if she mocking or looking down on me purposely even as her body fights against the very idea of treating something like me with respect. Placing the finished plate with the last, Bleuenn patted away the remains of her last dish as she hid the rose in her cheeks from Korlat's praise. "You think to highly of me, how can I expect to become of Guardian Knight if I choose who to help? I'm not some divine being or a curiosity without malice nor do I care about how people perceive me. If I did do you think I'd help those who treat me with hatred for past actions by others who I simply share a heritage with". As she spoke the area grew colder as everything betrayed her. It was obvious that she cared about what others thought, said and did to her, but she cannot show or say it as they would win.

Giving herself a break, she placed the last yet largest portion of stew in front of herself. She stared at the daunting task before her as her stomach churned from the mere thought of more food. Though it was either stuff her face and deal with the consequences later or continue to speak with Korlat about more unsavory topics. However, as the dragon took out a massive tome, entrenching herself further by the young witches side as she spoke of her vast knowledge of magic. Glancing back and forth between the stew and Korlat. The thought of leaving crossed her mind, though she was rooted as the owner of the tome had still not come to collect the tome. Racking through her mind a reason to not interact with Korlat, yet no worth while reason came to her mind as she could not ignore another just as others had done to her. Sliding the stew away as she shifted to look over both the large tome and Korlat. "Why would you help me? No one has ever helped me before, those that acted kind only do so either to use or trick me". Losing the topic, Bleuenn's feelings and loneliness rose to the surface. "Would you of offered if I was just another half-breed lost in the world or is it because i'm useful a curiosity as I know that everyone is just waiting for me to mess up to reaffirm their beliefs" Memories rushed through the young witches mind as she looked down clenching her teeth as a knot formed in her throat.

[Wc: 745]
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

Back to top Go down

Post by Korlat Mon May 17, 2021 5:07 am

After the money was taken, Korlat returned her attention back to Bleu choosing to ignore the stupid brute, conflict without need was a weak-minded signature found in too many people these days. Bleuenn had endured such a toxic and disgusting mindset for so long, and Korlat was working to be not that. Her features softened from their stoic calm as Bleuenn fully introduced herself. This was progress! She listened and admired the handcraft and measured control that Little Bleu was showing her. Korlats eyes brightened visibly as her gaze filled further with respect, satisfaction, and curiosity to no end.

Giving a small applause Korlat giggled lightly. “Now that was really neat! I bet you can do more but you are being modest. I respect that, control and discipline are also hard to find in young talent. You know what?! You would learn better from this one perhaps.” Reaching into her bag she pulled out a gray backed tome with a light blue trim. Sliding it over to Bleu she nodded at the book. “This here might be something you know how to do, but it can explain how to utilize those talents for more. From there where ever your creativity takes you, will be the new reach of your limits.” Korlat nodded heavily in thought while sorting out the rest of her bag.

The Elders smile shrank down to an understanding smirk, despite the bravado and stonewalling tactics Korlat could understand the undertone. Even if she hadn’t understood her words, the dip in temperature was immediately noted by her senses. When she stopped Korlat gave her a few moments of peace before she spoke her own piece. “I do think highly of you, it takes a real Guardian Knight’s character to stand in the adversity and do it thanklessly. It does not take a god to understand that rejection still hurts. It helps one feel like they belong, and from what I see in you. You have more heart than ninety percent of this city..”

“You are the very first Halfing that I have encountered in this same scenario, yes I would do this again if I encounter another one. As to why I want to help you because I want to. You carry ambition and I admire ambition combined with courage. You have both..” Korlat’s smile was small but still visible, her expression was calm despite the emotional rollercoaster Bleu was going through.

“Mistakes will happen, I won’t lie to you there. Error is unavoidable, but I can say that I’ll be right here to help fix it.” Her eyes turned serious as did her body language, her word was her life. A code never to be broken unless her life was forfeit. “That goes for anyone who tries picking on you..”

WC: 463 @Bleuenn Bosser
Korlat
Korlat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Mon May 17, 2021 9:07 am

Praise was not something Bleuenn had received much of nor did she expect any from the outside world. Yet even after she had done her best to dismiss Korlat, the woman’s honeyed words began to break the young witch down as a small smile crept along her features while her cheeks began to rose again. Moving her hand to clear her throat in an attempt to hide her joy at the woman’s words, as they were just that words. “A nice gesture, but there are those more in need of assistance than I. It’s like you said I have ambition and goals, the ones lost or stuck to either apathy or hate are the ones truly in need of assistance”. She felt a pang of guilt as soon as the words had left her mouth as she knew Korlat was trying, but words are so often disregarded when society comes to test one's words and convictions.

Looking back to the stew as her expression soured at the waste of food as the stew had gone cold between their musings. Poking at the now cold stew as Korlat spoke, her hand froze as Korlat promised to not only help fix her mistakes, but to protect her from any hate. Leaving the stew and glancing at the dragon with a healthy amount of doubt to cover up the shock as no one outside of her Grandfather had said that they would protect her. Breaking eye contact while peering at the ice tome that Korlat had pushed towards her. Protection, support not only emotional, but magically. Sliding her hand down to her as she pinched her thigh while she focused on Korat. Letting the pain run its course, Korlat’s form did not waver nor did she wake up from a dream proving that the woman before her was indeed real.

Dumbfounded by the woman before her, Bleuenn could not look away as part of her felt as the woman might disappear if she allowed herself to lose track of her. Opening her mouth to speak, but quickly closing it as she did not have a response to this mythical creature in front of her. Kind, patient, understanding I wonder if this is what a mother or my mother would be like? Bleuenn wanted to believe she truly did, but her past kept holding her back as the negative memories continued to sprout doubt in her mind. Outstretching her hand to take the tome in an attempt try to break through the barriers that she had placed to protect herself. Though she cannot nor would not allow Korlat to make all the effort. However just as the tip of her finger touched the tome, the travel jingle rang out from both the door and the owner.

“Heh, how positively brutish, perfect for mercenaries”. A tall slender male elf and what looked to be a female neko entered. The man wore a green robe with gold gilded vines sporting out from the bottom with a golden leaf circlet atop his hair that seemed almost dull in comparison to the man’s own golden locks. In his hand was a strange almost living vine like staff with a strange sort of unbloomed flower tightly embraced at the top of the staff. His companion however, wore far more simple leather clothing that most budding adventures would start off with. She was much shorter than the man with a patchy white, brown and orange tail and fluffy black and white ears. Taking out a handkerchief, the elf covered his face to block out the smells as his light blue eyes scanned one side while his neko companions' green and blue eyes looked to the other. The Elf motioned to the Neko, causing her to retrieve a document from the large bag she carried on her. Snatching the document from the smaller woman’s hand the elf would wave the document as he spoke, “I seek the one who took on the task of retrieving a lost tome from the Glitterwood Cove, announce yourself and bring my rightful property to me”. Most of the patrons ignored the pompous elf, but a few of the draconytes patrons looked towards Bleuenn awaiting the performance about to unfold.

Sliding her stool out slightly Bleuenn turned to face the elf holding up the tome. “I am the one who took on your request”. At first relief washed over the Elf’s face as he would not have to stay in such a crude establishment for more than necessary. However, at the sight of Bleuenn his face crinkled. “A witch, no not entirely.. Human and eldritch, what a disgusting combination of vices. At least your human side will quicken your departure”. Taking out a purse and passing both the document and purse over to the neko, “Leppi, collect my property from that creature as I can already feel it’s corrupting presence affecting me”. As the neko woman moved over to Bleuenn, the owner looked upon both of them with murderous intent. Yet he looked to be holding himself back as if he had been told to ignore such actions toward the young witch.

Accepting the purse and document, Bleuenn took out the coin as she held onto the tome. “You’d dare presume that I would cheat even a Half Blood”! The neko next to Bleuenn flinched as the elf’s voice thundered throughout the tavern. However, Bleuenn calmly looked at the man as she counted. “I can’t help it, as you say i’m a collection of vice the human and eldritch in me just can't help but to amplify my greed”. A few snickers and jeers were shot out at the elf as they had to admit that the hybrid had bested the elf.

[Wc: 956]
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

Back to top Go down

Post by Korlat Tue May 18, 2021 1:21 am

Determination and Growth [ Bleuenn , Korlat ] >

Korlat had to admit she was really starting to like the witch and her personality was the icing on the cake. Though she did bring up another valid point, there were indeed many others out there that could use Korlat’s help. Laughing lightly after Bleu had mentioned helping others than herself, Korlat thumped the table with her hand in good humor. “Surely you jest Bleu, of course, there will be more out there. For now, though, I see you and your need and thus I have chosen to start here. It’s going to be okay, no worries, the rest will be helped as they are encountered.” Nodding her head firmly the patrons had kept to themselves mostly, it was an interesting interaction if one watched closely enough.

Looking at the food it was evident that it no longer held the warmth it did before. Turning she locked eyes with the Tavern Owner and smiled lightly. “I would like to buy her another warm bowl of stew if you wouldn’t mind?” Cocking her head to the side she watched him glare down at her before taking up another bowl to get warm stew. Korlat dropped a handful of coins well over the value of the bowl, but instead as a tip for his gracious hospitality and kindness.

Korlat’s Patience 95% due to being in good spirits, still upset at herself for her entry into the conversation. -

From her peripheral she watched Bleu pinch herself as if she were in a dream. Sorrow filled her chest as she could only imagine what it was like to be in her shoes. She might never understand the rejection but she did know what it was like to lose. Korlat wanted to be the person she never had growing up, and Bleuenn was about to receive that blessing or curse to the fullest extent.

‘DING DING’ Outside sunlight bathed the floor around a duo’s silhouette, vanishing once the door fell shut. Korlat’s senses skyrocketed.

The bell over the door echoed in the sudden stillness. Her nostrils flared, taking in the scents of these strangers. The air in the room was heavy and caught in her chest. The sharp pine and jasmine of the elf was obvious, any common mudworm could sniff that out. His gilded clothing was too flashy for Korlat’s taste, she preferred shadowy blacks that helped her slide into places unseen. The neko beside him reeked of servitude: the hot sweat of frustration prickling at her hackles. The elf drew a hand over his nose as though offended by the honest stench of the hardworking. Korlat drummed her fingers once on the table. This was going to be interesting.
- Korlat’s patience 45% negating 50% for the sheer gull of this elf. -

Slowly Korlat turned to place her back against the counter and her eyes upon the pair as he called out for Bleuenn. Quite frankly he was being really fucking rude and Korlat loathed it with all her heart. Especially after studying in the Gaiyan lands, she knew this was how some worked but not all. Rolling the left foot in a circle, she let her presence and pressure seep out steadily, letting it start from the corners of the room for the time being. Her golden eyes narrowed as her tail lashed back and forth under her cloak. Without a doubt, those seated on the edges would begin to feel the thickness in the air they breathed. The elf made claims about the rightful property and yet Korlat wanted to strip him down to nothing and give the neko everything.

At first glance, Korlat felt there would be no big issue here, yet watching the elf’s face turn to disgust and hearing his commentary there was no stopping Korlat. Her patience for this Elf’s demanding was quickly running dry. His tone was uncalled for and Korlat was going to make it known. Slipping down from the stool soundlessly Korlat slowly approached in silence. When he shouted Korlat’s eyes changed, the horizontal slits narrowed into focused vertical cuts. Allowing her power to fully unroll, several things happened all at once in the building. The air around everyone suddenly hung low and heavy as though the tavern were trapped in a machine press. Korlat half expected the window panes to bulge outward from the pressure. For most of the beings in the building, it was nothing, the draconic pressure of power was normal to those who lived here.

When the insult was dished out by Bleuenn the Elf’s face flushed with rage and malice. “You will not speak to me in such a manner you filthy Half Breed! I am the great Kreiger Fulter!” As he spoke he tried to raise his voice again and shout but he found himself hardly able to breathe. Icy blue eyes widened in shock as the room seemed to fold in on him all at once. The once-proud standing Elf found himself doubled over struggling to fight off Korlat’s immense presence. The neko started when she watched her master hit his knees. By default, she would be required to act and Korlat knew this, thus she had closed the distance between herself and the patchwork Neko.

Gauntleted fingers plucked the Neko by the shoulder as a kick met the back of her knees. The Neko hissed but was pulled back unable to stand till she was put in a seat by Korlat. The same pressure her master struggled with now assaulted her keeping her in place. Narrowed eyes and hisses were all she could muster as Korlat sauntered past. “You sit down kitten. There’s no need for you to get hurt.” Korlat cooed sweetly as he patted the woman’s head and played with one of her ears for good measure. Deep crimson bloomed across the woman’s face as Korlat’s fingers brushed over her ears, the sensation clearly making her knees tremble.

“As for you, Kreiger Fulter, your time here is done. Not just on the behalf of the people in this tavern but for Bleuenn not that she needs my help anyways. I just don’t appreciate your tact or even what you stand for. So let me tell you something from me.” At first, Kreiger had only seen the boots on the floor, but he had not heard them at all. Where did this powerful woman come from? Had it been a trap set by that damned Half-Breed? No, this person was something far older than even he himself. No matter how much he willed himself to stand even with the living staff’s aid he could not rise, he felt like he was being stepped on by a monster. Blinking slowly Kreiger raised his head further to watch Nadia be sat down and kept in place by the same pressure as himself. The Elf still could not see who was speaking, seeing only armored waist, but no higher.

Korlat now held the Tome of Nature in her hand lightly. Turning it over and over she did not pay any mind to the patrons. Everyone had stopped what they were doing to watch. Fear wafted from the crowd as Korlat’s killing intent crashed down like a tsunami on the Elf. Kreiger gasped as he felt his insides turn to water, a small puddle dribbling out beneath him.

“Bleuenn was kind enough to get your book back for you, clearly you were too weak to do it yourself. So how about you speak to her with respect, on top of that I am going to be taking your neko companion. Not as a servant of course but a free person who makes their own choices.” Korlat’s voice was flat and cold like the steel of a knife yet to be wet with blood. Her predatorial hunger was released next as she squatted before Kreiger. “You ever step foot in this tavern and insult its people ever again, I will kill you myself and see to it your line ends with you..” When their eyes met Kreiger let out a gurgling hiss as the pressure increased driving the air out of his lungs. The veins in his neck and skull bulged lightly as blood rushed.

“I did not fight in the war to see this bullshit continue.” Reaching out a gauntleted hand, she touched his head and released some of the pressure from around his chest. She kept him forced to the floor, enjoying the sight of his precious garments soaking up the tavern’s grime. “Y-You!! Crazy bitch!! Who do you think you are? She will never be free! Not unless you intend to pay back what she owes me!” Kreiger said hissing in Nadia’s direction, her head lowered as her ears and tail dropped. A firm hand grasped his face forcing Kreiger to look her in the eyes once more, she was not messing around. “Then how about this Mr. Kreiger, I will trade you your life for hers? You have decided to step on a soldier’s toes with how you do business. My business is exterminating folks like you from this world.” Korlat said pointedly as she placed the tome on the ground beside her and drew a long knife from its sheath at her hip in one fluid motion.

Kreiger gawked at the weapon, then at Korlat, speechless. How could this have happened?! No, he would not let her take the neko away from him he wouldn’t dare part with what was ‘his’. “You have no idea about what I can do to you..” Kreiger hissed at her once more, smirking wickedly he was going to get out of this!! Yet his statement was met with the knifepoint tracing his neck in slowly perfect lines. “Kreiger Fulter age in the early hundreds, you are notorious for picking on travelers in the deep woods along this area. My employer wants your skull on his desk for what you did to exploit Ms. Nadia Silven.. Who I presume is sitting there next to Bleuenn.”

During this time people remained unmoving, seeing Korlat’s display discouraged just about everyone from moving. Listening to the charges that were now laid against this Elf, others began to rethink some part of themselves. What it was they thought about she did not care, but she did care about Kreiger Fulter. The main reason for her travels to this area, she wanted to see his magic just once before removing him. Kreiger’s eyes widened with dismay as the struggle fully began.

“I will not let you ruin my plans!!” The man growled. As he started to chant, Korlat struck him in the jaw. Metal bracers connected with soft flesh, his lip splitting open like an overripe berry full of summer sweet juice. His golden circlet hung low over one ear, dethroned from his halo of curls. Korlat shook her head. She wasn’t going to have any of that nonsense here. Turning to look at Nadia, she found that the woman was in tears in her seat. The once dull visage she carried was broken down revealing a scared woman who only wanted to go home. “I did not actually think you’d come into town. I was preparing to go hunting in the woods for your next trap sight.” Korlat slowly sheathed the long knife while rising to her feet. “That just means I get more time to talk with Bleuenn now and not work later..” Her voice was pleased with this turn of events as she looked patted down her cloak pockets and drew out a scroll. Releasing the pressure on Nadia, Korlat handed the woman the scroll. “That is for you from your family, open it when you are safe you’ll know what to do next.” Korlat waited for the girl to take the scroll and be on her way.

Patting the other pocket she pulled out a small enchanted ring. Placing both the tome of nature and the ring on his finger Korlat smiled at him. “You may have found me, but even if I am gone the kidnappings will continue. It is not over..” Kreiger hissed as the ring came to life once secured. Blue light enveloped the Elf teleporting him away to his next destination. Korlat’s eyes remained unblinking as she turned and released the pressure in the room. “More victims.” She said thoughtfully as she sat down, reaching into her bag another ice tome materialized in the same blue light. “Bleuenn, I am sorry to have interrupted you. I did not expect my quarry to land in my lap.” Grabbing a rag from behind the counter she wiped up the piss puddle off the floor, retiring the rag in the trash.

“You should eat your stew, he got another for you!” Seeing that the stew was still hot, Korlat placed the bowl where the cold one used to be. “Plus, I wanted to see you check these tomes of ice out.”

WC: 2153  @Bleuenn Bosser
Korlat
Korlat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Wed May 19, 2021 2:22 pm

As Korlat placed the stew down, Bleuenn merely stared at where the elf once lay while trying to process what had just occurred. She had everything under control as she was a  practiced hand when it came to dealing with the hate and ignorance of others. She already knew how to deal with the Elf’s ire and knew that all the man would do is blow out hot air. Everything would have quickly returned to normality, or at least that is what she believed.

Bleuenn balled her fist as the information flooded into her mind like a tsunami. I did not take into account who or what the client was. How many tasks have I performed that have inadvertently helped others harm or take advantage of others. Her stomach twisted as her mind thought of herself first and who Korlat’s actions would only cause her trouble.

Slamming his mace of a fist on the bar as the Owner roared at Korlat, “What the hell do you think this is a pit fight club get the hell out of my traven only gold flows in here not blood”! Smoke billowed out of the massive red draconytes nostrils as his golden eyes torn into the smaller draconyte woman. “I apologize Boss, I should have told you about our plan. I know that we’re supposed to leave the work out of the bar, but the target would have been suspicious if we met somewhere other than guild affiliated points”! Bowing her head slightly to the barkeep would have him soften up a bit though it did not seem as if the older man actually believed the young witch. “You know the rules, gonna have to leave”. With a last puff of smoke the Boss turned his back on the both of them as Bleuenn gave the rough draconyte a sweet smile.

Signing off on the paper, Bleuenn would take both the coin purse and the documents and place them next to the now free Nadia Silven. “To get a head start on your new life”. Quickly gathering the tomes, Bleuenn took Korlat’s hand as she guided the older woman out of the traven; making sure that the neko did not have the chance to speak or refuse her offer.

--------

Clutching the tomes to her chest as her other hand remained clasped onto Korlat’s, as they returned to the outside world. Leading the older woman through the busy street, Bleuenn would take the draconic vigilante to a more secluded spot between the edge of the market district and second level of the city.

Releasing Korlat’s hand, Bleuenn spun around looking at the older woman with interest and a hint of excitement as she examined Korlat. Powerful magic, no perhaps it’s her presence alone, it felt like a pressure, force or wind. Though what was really impressive was that ring. Teleportation magic is one of the most complex magic other than healing, for a ring to be enchanted with such a spell requires power and knowledge. Piecing together everything that she had seen from Korlat and the stories she had read, Bleuenn’s eyes widened as she quickly knelt down in front of Korlat. “I apologize my lady I did not expect someone of your stature to be speaking with someone of my stature”! Keeping her head down to hide her smile as she did not expect to be a prospect for the Guardian Knights so soon. “Please allow me to accompany you and assist in dealing with the brigands! I promise to show you all I am capable of and show that I am worthy of your attention to be accepted as a squire”! Looking into Korlats eyes with burning ambition as not only would she get to fight side by side with a knight, but she may take a step into reaching her goals and show the world that people like her could accomplish anything. "I'll read both of these tomes a hundred no a thousand times! I can cook, clean, handle all of the simple task to allow you to focus on serving the people"! The young witch was completely star struck as she had never met a Guardian Knight before and was even more impressed that the knights dressed more humble than the stories told.

[Wc: 714]
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

Back to top Go down

Post by Korlat Thu May 20, 2021 12:02 am

Reality had seemed to stand still for both Bleuenn and Nadia, both looked at where Piss Boy Kreiger used to be. Korlat’s brows pinched upward as she took a deep breath, her chest bounced as she exhaled quickly. In the back of her mind, her senses fired off letting her body respond reflexively. Spinning on the stool Korlat caught the Boss’s hand in her own gripping it tight. Instead of letting him break the counter she held him in place and gaze at him with soft eyes.

“Listen darling, I am sorry about the floor. I did clean it all up, but he was a terrible man that would have possibly cost you more trouble in the future. I am sorry.” She spoke sweetly, dragging her thumb slowly over his knuckles. Releasing his hand slowly Korlat winked in his direction before Bleuenn pulled the older woman out of the Tavern and into Miriad.

“Bleuenn! Where are we going! You did eat your stew!!” Reaching back at the tragic loss of food her supplies wrapped themselves up and flew out of the door after them. A gentle tear rolled down her face as she didn’t even get to say good bye to Ms. Nadia. To the world it looked as if Korlat was Bleuenn’s daughter the way the girl pulled the Elder Dragon along. Where the hell were they even going? Once they had reached their destination things took a strange turn.

Now that Korlat had a moment to breathe, she adjusted her clothing before looking Bleuenn in the face. When Bleuenn looked back at her there was excitement and something else. Something deep within Bleuenn had changed making her more interested in her than Korlat had imagined possible. How was Korlat supposed to make this nonsense stop? Why the hell did Bleuenn think that she was some Guardian Knight?! Panic gripped Korlat to the core, her hands waved before her as she stammered.

“L-Listen! Get up no need to be like this, I am not a Guardian Knight! I am a retired knight from this Kingdom, I served in the war..” Confusion was clearly written on woman’s face she watched Bleuenn on her knee. Tucking her right arm across her bosom the left elbow rested against the right hand. Letting her head rest in the palm of her open hand Korlat sighed heavily, it was clear that no matter what she said nothing would change.

‘What in the world have you done Korlat? You go and do your job and now you’ve got a follower who thinks you’re a Guardian Knight.. Ahh!! Damn my luck, but on the other hand my dream has also come true. I made a friend and travel companion for the future. We will gain the reputation and we will both become Guardian Knights.’ Korlat thought to herself as Bleuenn’s words marinated deep within her mind.

“Well, I am glad you will study them closely. I will take you with me to take care of these criminals. Stand up Bleuenn, our work will be long and hard. We will get there.” Korlat patted Bleuenn’s head lightly. “As for the events of today, do not take what happened to heart. You will never know who you are helping, if you happen to be there to correct it then do so. If not we can not worry about past actions it will block up from making present and future changes.” A gentle smile crossed her face as the bag landed on the ground at her feet as well. “For now, we must put in the leg work to check the incoming carriages for today.” Looking around Korlats face twisted with worry.

“Bleuenn, where are we anyway? We need to find whoever is in charge of the roads. We need a thorough report about the last attack. Please lead the way.” Taking up her bag she looped it onto her shoulder and followed Bleuenn when she was ready.

WC 659 @Bleuenn Bosser
Korlat
Korlat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Thu May 20, 2021 6:14 pm

You're not a Guardian Knight”? Matching the Korlat confusion with her own as what would the dragconic women be if not a Guardian knight. Why would a retired knight be hunting down criminals of a kingdom they no longer served? Bleuenn pondered on Korlat’s words and her actions until she reached an epiphany. The plain looking clothing, her shock when I discovered her true nature. “Ah! of course I understand now my lady, I mean Korlat”. Standing up with a new respect for her soon to be mentor. “I should've guessed that you would be hiding your knighthood to get better at investigating those brigands”. Nodding her head with pride and acknowledgment at how humble her Lady was.

Standing at the ready for any and all orders that her Lady may give. Bleuenn tried all forms of respect she could think of. From saluting to placing her right hand up, she cycled through all forms of respect until she rested her right hand on her heart as her lady spoke. “ Words cannot describe how grateful I am to receive this opportunity. I shall work tirelessly to not only bring these criminals to justice, but ingrain every inch of those tome into my being if onl..”. Korlat’s hand halted the young witch’s words as she had not felt the warmth or acceptance from others very often. Her lady’s words cut at her as she did not want to disappoint, but she was lucky to have such a mentor that allowed her to correct her mistakes. “Of course, I will learn from and correct any mistake from now on”. Bleuenn blissfully smiled at her mentor as she continued to bask in her mentor's affection.

The thump of a large bag snapped Bleunne out of her trance. Looking at the bag as her lady spoke of how they would go about tracking the brigands down. She doubted she could carry such a bag, but even so she would try as a knight needed both strength of body and mind. However, as she went to take the bag, Korlat took hold of it. “I can, oh right, your mission I apologize for being so careless I will refrain from acting as your squire till the mission is complete”. Bowing her head apologetically as she had already made a mistake already.

However, it seemed as if her lady was not bothered by her mistake as they were out of ear shot of anyone that may have overheard her careless comments. Instead she questioned her about the area, an odd question for one who was supposedly a former knight of  Miriad, but it only proved that her lady was indeed a Guardian Knight.

Straightening herself up, Bleuenn took up her first test as she would leave no information unknown to her lady. While she escorted Korlat, Bleuenn began to explain her home, completely ignoring any and all looks as she focused on her task. “Miriad is broken up by many levels and sections with those closer to the sea being more desirable and mainly owned by the royalty or the wealthy. The city itself has multiple levels, with the first level mostly focusing on commerce and craft while the second is mainly housing for the working class. The third level was once mostly housing for the wealthy, but the shift in military has turned the third level into barracks and military academies, as such it would be best if we report the attack to the office of the sheriff on the third level”. Pausing as she thought on the other levels as she did not have many fond memories of the higher levels. “Forgive me for the less informative explanation of the third to fifth level as I am less knowledgeable of them as I rarely went to the third level and never the third as only the powerful and wealthy are permitted to those areas unless of course you are under the employ of the royalty or wealthy”.

Upon reaching the office of the serif, Bleuenn would stand off to the side as she was already receiving less than welcoming look from the watchmen stationed outside. “I think it would be best if you report the attack, I’ll stay outside and start my studies if you will allow me to”. Fear ran along the young witches face as it was clear that she did not want to enter the building.

[Wc: 736]
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

Back to top Go down

Post by Korlat Tue May 25, 2021 12:18 pm

Pride glowed within her chest like hot embers stirred by the breath of her lungs. A ever fanned flame that would burn infinitely the more that Bleuenn would grow. For some reason this poor gal still thought Korlat was a Guardian Knight, just the notion alone made her head spin. It was hard enough having been a regularly serving knight during the war, she could only imagine what it meant to be a Guardian knight. The level of responsibility must be off the charts. Was Bleuenn ready? Was Korlat even ready for this long task ahead of them? Was she really going to be able to go from a well known knight in the Miriad forces to a guardian knight?

Waving off the thought mentally Korlat followed behind Bleuenn, with her gaze she stared down any and all who looked down upon Bleuenn as she lead Korlat to the Barracks. The few people who met her gaze felt their knees turn to jelly, several dull thuds were heard as people began to murmur. ‘Did you see that? What the hell was that about?’ People closer to the fallen figures helped them stand up, glancing back they regarded Korlat with confusion and concern.

When they arrived at the Sheriff’s barracks Korlat placed a hand on the girls head to steady her nerves. If Bleuenn were to accept the magic raining down on her from Korlat’s palm, she would begin to feel the fear diminish slowly. “Fear nothing Bleuenn. I would love it if you read up on the Tomes. I shall be back in a jiffy - oh before I forget here!” Shrugging her bag off her shoulder Korlat pulled out another notebook with a pen for notes. “Use these, take notes and feel free to ask questions later. We can ponder the answers over dinner..” Cooing slowly Korlat patted Bleuenn’s head once more before facing the guardsmen. A hollow smile was all she could offer these fools, how long had it been since she reported last? A humans lifespan maybe three? Reaching into her cloak she withdrew an emblem at her hip, letting the talisman hang the guards straightened their posture and saluted her. “At ease, just mind your manners around my assistant.” Stepping forward Korlat entered the building in silence, boots thumped against stone as voices murmured on all sides. Large windows gave way to light illuminating the spacious interior, guards stood straighter as they watched her pass. The talisman paved her way across the floor to a rather large Draconyte, broad backed with large muscled shoulders. From first glance she could tell she had come at a time of preparation. Slowing her approach she chose to listen instead.
“Listen up ladies and gents, we have ourselves a problem. There’s been an increase in missing people reports, coupled with that is the highway problem. It is believed that the person in charge of this is named Kreiger.. Some pathetic middle class Elf who has been functioning through out this region. Last we have some stone Golems said to be roaming roads on the other highway to the west. Majority of our forces are going to be tasked with dealing with the Golems. That does leave this post undermanned. We have yet to get more forces to handle all the other problems we are currently encountering.”

Clearing her through Korlat stepped forward into the Modest assembly of troops gathered. “Don’t worry about Kreiger he has been handled, I have come here to report my employer has him in custody.” Korlat’s voice rolled over the room like a summer breeze, bringing relief to others in the room aside from the Sheriff. “Secondly Sheriff I will go and handle the encampment on my own.” Smiling up at the man she placed a small orb on the teak-wood desk before her.

“An who in the bloody hell do you think you are,?” Sheriff Felix’s eyes narrowed as the woman spoke turning around at first he saw no one, then as he looked down he found the woman. At first he was unimpressed by her appearance, perhaps even skeptical at the whip on her hip. Yet when his frosty eyes locked onto the talisman at her hip he gaped. “Y-Y-Yes Ma’am! Absolutely Madam! I am sorry I didn’t hear you come in.” Saluting her firmly the rest of the guards jumped to attention, curious side glances were cast at Korlat’s back where she stood. Exhaling slowly she always hated it when they did this shit, they didn’t need sit here and salute.

“At ease everyone, keep up your good work. I am going to take care of the bandit camp. Just show me your maps and latest updates. The rest I will have taken care of by tonight.” Saluting them back everyone relaxed, a few heart beats later and the was not looking over a map of the outer kingdom. There were two markers on the western routes, there were three lanes of travel with two large zones circled on either side. “We believe they are stationed on either of these two sides. It would not be hard to traverse the forest onto the next path and escape. Especially because they are taking people and and supplies from both sides.” Felix’s hand gestured across the map, judging from the markers it was a few miles distance between both sides. Depending on what they had available then it was definite possibility, would Korlat have to split ways with Bleuenn to figure out this problem? Looking at the three paths the north west path had three x’s in place, the west path had two x’s in it path. While the southern route had four x’s in place. It was not clear what was going to be the next spot? With Kreiger sitting in a cell with the Silven family, Mr. Silven was not interested in the sake of others unfortunately. Once she had rescued Nadia, the contract was complete, leaning down over the map Korlat studied the NW and W routes again.

“Thank you Sheriff, brief me on the people in there. Are there any heavy hitters or they all randoms?” Standing up straight Korlat adjusted her gauntlets, her eyes glossed over the scrolls that were brought by a guard for her to read. Taking the first one in the pile, she read it contents about the area surrounding the trails. Brief testimonials for survivors and a few written statements from those who said they had escaped. Dividing them into brief piles her brain memorized the contents down to the last scroll in the pile. Eyeing the last scroll she found this one more interesting than the rest, another missing poster with her face on it. Rolling it up she smiled lightly using slight of hand she tucked it into her cloak, turning about she smiled kindly at the Sheriff. Meanwhile her senses probed out to feel out all who were nearby, there had to be a missing link to the partner. Perhaps there was someone here who might want to know more.

“Thank you for your time Sheriff, I shall begin my search. If we start while it is light, we may be able to spring the trap before any caravans arrive. Which roads are said to be taken today?” Felix’s brows furrowed as he sorted through some pages on his desk, another guardsman came up and handed Korlat a piece of paper. Glancing over it she saw that the NW and W routes were the only two being traveled today. When the Sheriff pulled out his copy she double checked the work and smiled, the information did match up as she imagined it would. Looking to the guardsman she gave him a nod handing both papers back. No one in particular seemed to shift or take sudden interest in was going on. The guard house was clear in her opinion, but still how they knew where the caravans were troubled her, was there perhaps a mage at work out there? Regardless of the matter, she had stayed long enough in the company of these brave Draconytes.

“My assistant and I will be taking out their camp. We will be back with news.” Korlat said in a finite tone of voice. Swiftl she departed turning her back on them even as Felix and the rest saluted her departure. The door swung open and her eyes fell upon Bleuenn, the once sour expression brightened up as she watched the girl read. She was just the cutest the way she immersed herself into her studies. Waltzing up beside Bleuenn Korlat patted the girls head lightly and chuckled. “Are you enjoying your reading? These two did not mistreat you I hope.. Consequences would be dire..”

WC: 1,519 @Bleuenn Bosser
Korlat
Korlat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Tue May 25, 2021 5:51 pm

Memories of her childhood rushed into Bleuenn’s mind as she had been to the office of the sheriff more than a few times. Mistakes or simply existing would have a guard on the young half-breed even if the claims were lies. Though who is the city going to believe, someone who belongs or someone who doesn't. She wanted to leave, she did not want to even be in eye shot of the building, but a hand pulled her out of the darkness as a smoothing force spread out from the top of her head. Reaching to touch the hand that banished the darkness as she peered up at Korlat with a soft smile. Listening to her lady word’s she took to heart the words of fear nothing.

Forcing the fear out as Bleuenn’s eyes took on a determined look once again. While her grandfather taught her how to stand against death; it was her lady that gave her the courage to face her past head on. Staring down the guards as she took the notes and pan from Korlat. To the Young Witch’s surprise her determined glare put the once sneering guards on edge as they had never seen the half-breed show such drive before. Pleased with herself, Bleuenn focused back on her Lady nodded with a smile though less so at the thought of more food. “Of Course my lady I will take plenty of notes in preparation for… dinner”. Holding a smile as her lady gave her one last bit of affection as her mind wandered into the future as she sent Korlat off with an awkward smile and wave. I hope I don’t have to eat anymore, though I did not see my lady eat. Perhaps If I can keep her busy with notes and questions she’ll forget about ordering for me.

With Korlat gone she was left with the tomes and the less than pleased guards standing at attention. Though compared to the first encounter it seemed as if the guards expression changed to a more blank professional manner as they attempted to stare directly forward doing their best to ignore her. Unfortunately for them their change in attitude only spurred on Bleuenn’s curiosity as she stared them down as they had once done to her. Could it be that such a simple thing such as confidence is enough to sway others? No clearly it was something my lady did. Joy welled up inside of her as no one outside of her grandfather had stood up for her before. With a pep in her step, Bleuenn spun around making a cushy chair out of snow before plopping down on it to begin her studies.

Nesting the tome in her legs, Bleuenn opened the tome. The outside of the book did nothing to complement the book’s contents as the young witch felt as if she had opened a simple wooden chest to find a sea of gold and artifacts. Diving more into the tomes gilded pages as she was awestruck by the penmanship and colours. However, the knowledge was less than interesting. Much of what the book said was stuff she was already able to do. However, that did not mean that the tome was useless. While a bit dry and dull when it came to the writing, the theory and information on ice and magic held plenty of useful factoids for Bleuenn to not only improve her magic, but think of new more innovative ways to ply her craft.

Honestly she was surprised that she did relate ice to a crystal just like any other rock or gemstone. Raising a tiny curved sort of oval shaped wall of ice. Bleuenn would change the density, hardness and cleavage of the wall as she fired small bolts of ice at the wall. Not only did she see a massive improvement in the structural integrity of her defensive magic, but she was not even aware of how a curve could be so effective at deflecting attacks.

“Hey, what are you doing you no better than to use your magic here”!

Cocking her head up to the guard as a myriad of ice creations lay before the young witch. “My lady told me to study, how am I supposed to see if the knowledge is correct without practical tests”? No fear radiated off of the young witch as she would not fear anyone or anything any more as she could not hope to one day be a Guardian Knight or her lady’s squire if she was a coward. Wiping her magic away as she approached the guards who seemed confused and a bit scared by the new Bleuenn.

“Your, lady, what are you talking about can, is, no she would be a Sir, but”. The two guards fell into a deeper pit of confusion as they were unaware of Korlat, but they did know that the woman carried the emblem of a Knight of Miriad. “That's correct, my… wait Korlat”! Bleuenn deflated slightly as she forgot that her lady was supposed to be undercover. Is it okay for the guard to know of her true rank? No better to keep it between only my lady and I. Clearing her throat as she looked away from the two guards for a moment before turning back. “Yes, Korlat and I have allied to deal with a local threat”. Silence fell over the group as the guards looked upon Bleuenn with pity.

“You’ve finally lost it, I kinda of feel bad now as I feel sort of responsible”.

I’ve not lost it, it’s the truth I told you that I was going to become a Guardian Knight and I will with Korlat’s help”!

“How is a former Knight of Miriad going to help you become a Guardian Knight”?

She’s not a former knight! She is..”.

“She’s what”?

I cannot say! Allow me to go speak to my, Korlat and she’ll set the record straight”!

“Hell no you're babbling about things that aren’t real, there’s no way we’re letting you into the barracks! Just wait for your ‘lady’ and don’t cause trouble”!

Clenching her teeth and the tomes around her arms as she bore into the two guards that were now actively ignored her unless she attempted to step into barracks. Flustered and enraged with the guards as she’d rather have them treat her like a leper than crazy.

Giving up on attempting to force her way through, Bleuenn plopped back down on a new chair as she skimmed through the pages. She was already aware that ice could act similar to crystal magic, perhaps she could find something that could help her blind or obscure others' sense of sight. Illusions, mirror images, reflections… Wait, what is refraction? Reading up on the idea of bending and twisting not only light but sound gave Bleuenn an idea. I can cover myself in ice and shape the ice crystals in a way to somehow become invisible. Reading more into the idea of refraction revealed that the author only had the theory down, but not the application. Continuing on only spread more doubt into the young witch’s mind as the author believed that the control required was above not only themselves but any mage. Clasping the book shut, Bleuenn shut out any thoughts that anything was impossible. She was not only going to get into the barracks, but prove the author wrong.

Sneaking around to the side of the building Bleuenn looked around to see if anyone was around or looking at her. With the coast clear she covered herself in a layer of ice. The act was simple enough as she had done it many times already to keep herself cool. However, the layer of ice only made her sparkle as the light touched her. Good for improving one's image though not so beneficial for staying out of sight. Bleuenn’s first attempts were less than successful as her attempts to refract light only managed to cause her to shoot out beams of light in all manner of directions. Not what I had in mind, however not entirely pointless as it gives me another idea. Jotting down more notes about lenses and another reason to refract light while glancing at the tome’s theory once again before attempting. The next few attempts as she started to shift her ice skin around the light. However, the process of not only focusing on the light, but her own magic was taxing for even her level of control. At most she was able to make her hand or a limb transparent. Doing that to her whole body at once while accounting for movement and light levels was actually beginning to seem impossible.

Trying over and over again, Bleuenn was begging to get frustrated. The more she failed the more her control wavered. Her anger eventually turned her covet magic into a light show drawing in unwanted attention as the guard called out, “What’s going on over there we told you no magic”! Fear gripped at Bleuenn as the metallic steps drew closer. With every step the young witches heart jumped as it froze once they rounded the concern. Staring, standing completely still as she had no way to explain why she was trying invisibility magic near a guard barracks. I’m sorry my lady I should have just studied like you asked! Giving into the idea that her life and goals were over, Bleuenn was about to turn herself in, but the guards looked around instead of right at the witch that should be blinding them. Looking down at her body Bleuenn was shocked to see that she could not see anything. She could feel that she was there, but she could not see herself aside from a tiny almost insignificant warping around the outline of her body. “I swear I saw lights and stuff coming from here… whatever. I don't get paid enough to deal with the crazies”. With the guard gone Bleuenn quietly jumped for joy at her ability to produce a mage that was thought to be impossible. How and why it worked she did not know, but her jumping revealed that quick moments made the warping more noticeable.

-----

Gaining entry into the barracks was child’s play with her new found power. The guards at the front did not even notice as she walked by. However, compared to the guards that hastily marched throughout the barrack going about their work, Bleuenn had to slowly creep along and stick to the sides as she was cloaked and still very much corporeal.

A loud roar rang out through the barracks as someone questioned who someone was. Assume that the person in question was her lady Bleuenn followed the sounds as the silence proved that it was more than likely her lady as she was good at taking others down a peg or more. Slipping around a door into a room where she saw her lady and a collection of guards with one more decorated than the others saluting at the smaller woman. She did not want to admit it, but it was funny seeing her lady being treated with such respect from those that towered over her. Stifling a laugh as Korlat looked so cute compared to the gruff looking men and women around her.

Listening in on the conversation, she took notes especially on how her lady was not overly fond of customs and tradition as the young witch had experienced herself when she kneeled. My lady’s cuteness aside, it appears as if dealing with these brigands would be much harder than it appeared. Setting up a trap for them to draw them out and interrogate the ones we capture would be the first thing I would do, but it’s likely that the guard has tried this already, it would be doubtful that they would fall for the same trick twice. Not only that, but it could have them move deeper into the forest, making it harder to locate them. It appeared as if Korlat had the same idea, but access to more information than Bleuenn could make out. Attempting to peer at the map and information closer only caused her to knock over a stray shield that was lying about catching the attention of a few guards as they grunted at the one nearest to the shield. Thankfully she managed to sneak out and make her way back to the side of the barracks to once again return to the front. Taking the similar position that she had before as she studied. Blenuenn waited for her lady to finish the rest of her meeting as she focused on the tome once again.

Though she barely got any more reading done as Korlat exited the barracks almost minutes from Bleuenn’s own exit. Meeting her lady with a smile as she hoped that she was not aware of her breaking into the guard meeting. Concern grew within Bleuenn as Korlat drew closer, but her concerns were dismissed once her lady had shown her affection yet again as she patted the young witch’s head with a threat levied at the two guards. “No, those two seemed to be on their best behavior, no doubt due to your intervention my lady”. Hopping off her snow seat with the tomes against her chest. “And yes your tomes have been very interesting, in fact the information has already led to ways for me to improve my magic. In fact I discovered a spell that could greatly benefit our current mission”! Bleuenn was positively beaming at the chance to show her lady the progress she has already made, but the guards’ words bounced around in her mind. Her smile faded as she looked at Korlat as she wanted to ask about her knighthood. Pausing as she was not sure how to go about it as she did not want to be rude or insult someone who has given her a chance to reach her goals. “Excuse me.. my lady…. No it’s nothing, let's move on as there are those in need of our help”. Rushing ahead, Bleuenn would attempt to lead the way, but as walked back she did not know where the locations were. Looking to the side in embarrassment and concern as her carelessness might have given her lady proof that she was listening in. “After you my lady as I do not know the exact paths that the brigands use”.

[Wc: 2408]
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

Back to top Go down

Post by Korlat Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:59 am

Korlat could only smile at Bleu as she still stroked the girls head, normally she might have been mad at Bleu for peeking in her business. Considering the situation at hand she was not as upset at the girl thought she was, though Korlat could tell something was bothering her nonetheless. Letting her right hand touch the emblem on her hip, she had never said she was a guardian knight, only that she was a knight before. Still, she knew how this must have looked to the Bleu who was so wrapped up in her own delusions about Korlat’s status. It could not be helped honestly, even with the evidence and truth brought forward, the girl would not believe the Elder's words. At some point, she would have to confront this reality head-on and now was the time to do so.

“Never mind the Brigades for now Bleu, walk with me..” Korlat said gently, reaching out she packed up the books and took up her own bag. Then grabbing the Bleu’s hand the Elder walked off towards the market square without another word. Tugging the girl along like a tugboat to an oil tanker, Korlat sought the proper words to tell Bleu the truth once more. Heavy boots clicked against the pavement as the crowd once more parted for them, standing to the side all eyes were on Korlat now. Though the Elder’s mind was visibly elsewhere at this point, she couldn’t care about the public opinion right now. “Listen Bleu, I need you to actively listen to me,” Korlat said taking Bleu back to the side lot the girl had brought her to prior. “Understand, that I have not once lied to you.. I need you to realize I am not a Guardian knight, those who are chosen are mightier than myself. They are Guardians who are recognized across the land and I am only recognized from the war. I want to help you pave the road so you may become great among the people.. You are no squire of mine, but a squire of the world.. Do you understand the gravity of this?” Korlat said gently as she stared up at Bleu, her expression was soft and open. Like that of a mother or sibling trying to breach the gap of understanding to someone, they cared for deeply.

“If you understand this, then please forgive me for not pressing harder for you to understand this. I thought you would have figured that out by now and heard me for what I was saying. I am still going to be by your side, but as equals and we will see the world Bleu.. Upon my very back I shall carry you into the grand blue sky and across the realm.. So you maybe come a true Squire of the World.” Korlat knelt on one knee bowing her head in pleading for forgiveness. She felt terrible for not trying hard to get Bleu to understand. “Please forgive me, please still accept me to teach and help you grow.. It is all I want to do.”

Depending on Bleu’s response Korlat would either be sad or relieved that she still believed or didn’t believe in the Elder’s pure motives. Rising to her feet she grabbed Bleu’s hand again kissing it gently she rubbed it between both of her own gently. “I know you were in there, and you did a good job hiding your presence dear Bleu. Even on your first day you never cease to amaze me..” Korlats eyes grew soft with passion as she slowly released the girl's hand from her grip. “Do you have an idea of how else we can ensure we get all of these bastards?” Golden eyes stared up at that girl with curiosity and excitement as Korlat shifted her weight back and forth, the energy in her body rolled through her like a tsunami.

WC: 650 @Bleuenn Bosser
Korlat
Korlat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:03 am

Quickly realizing her mistake the young witch went to speak, however Bleuenn fear melted upon her lady’s smile and touch. Letting the kindness and understanding wash over her, Bleuenn closed her eyes to fully enjoy the tenderness of her mentor. Resting her head against her lady’s touch, her head unconsciously rose in a desire to respond to the kindness that she only expected from her grandfather.

While her hand rose her lady’s words caused Bleuenn to open her eyes in confusion just as her hand twisted together with her own. Allowing the books to slide from her hand she looked on in confusion. “What do you mean, aren't the brigands our priority”? Thinking back to the mention of food while her eyes were obscured by the books her lady was currently packing away. Looking at her lady’s bag then back to meet her eye revealed the now turned around woman. Before Bleuenn could respond she was already being tugged and guided to a destination. “Wait, my lady please allow me to walk alongside you”! Her pleas fell on death ears as her lady persisted forcing the young hybrid to keep her head down as onlookers stared at her being pulled by the Draconyte.

Arriving at the same place she had taken her lady, Bleuenn wondered if her lady’s actions were revenge for doing the same to her not too recently. However her demand for her full attention seemed and the secluded area seemed to be meant for something else other than pettiness. Looking at her lady she would nod to show that she had her full attention. Yet the woman’s next words made the young witch’s heart sink. Even as her fears were realized she fought through the pain and embarrassment as she gave her lady… no Korlat her full attention. Continuing to listen, tears welled up in her eyes. Trying her best to hide them she wiped them away as best she could, forcing herself to speak. “You must think I'm a fool for letting my wishes overtake reality”. Korlat’s further attempt to console her only made her feel worse. “You don’t have to do this, I'm sure you have more important tasks than to ferry around a fool of a hybrid who does not even know who the real guardian knights are”! Pulling her hand away from Korlat’s, as she did not want to take the woman’s pity. “It’s not your fault you tried to tell me, everyone did, I'm just an idiot for not seeing the facts”!

Bleuenn wanted to run away leave Korlat and her stupid mistake as far behind as possible. She wanted to leave Miriad for good as no doubt the stories of her stupidity had spread across the whole city along with all of the lies and stories about who and what she was. Just as she was about to turn heel, Korlat took her hand once again, kissing it gently while rubbing it between her own. Shock and embarrassment ran through Bleuenn. She wanted to pull away but the praise added on top of the Draconyte actions only caused the young witch to redden more as she looked away. “It was only due to your tomes that I was able to improve and discover such a thing my.. Miss Korlat. I just wanted to see you in action to get a better idea of how to be a knight. Without you I would have never been able to do such a thing”. Thinking back on Korlat commanding presence and the respect she was shown as a former knight only made her wonder what the majesty a Guardian Possessed.

Distracted by her own delusions yet again, Korlat’s questioning about how to deal with the brigands only shock the witch further. Looking at Korlat with confusion and disbelief at the woman’s excitement. “Why would you want to hear my opinion about how to deal with brigands? I'm just a foolish girl with foolish dreams”? Bleuenn’s words did not deter Korlat at all as she continued to look at her expectantly. Sighing she looked away as her tears turned to snow as she thought upon how to go about dealing with the brigands. “We only have a general area of their operation, I'm sure you were given more information than I overheard. However, perhaps we can hide among a caravan and surprise the would be ambushers with our own trap. Capturing the members would allow for us to get more information on their operation, however it also means we’ll be on a timer as they’ll be sure to move again once their ambush party does not return. Will have to strike hard and fast and use what time we have. Since they deal in trafficking perhaps we can free their prisoners with my new spell to drive them away from their camp and lead them into a trap of our own giving us the tactical advantages”.

[Wc: 821]
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down