Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Question Thread WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» reminiscent: personified spirit panfandom
by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:40 am

» Lusamine
by Lusamine Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:09 pm

» A Dangerous Game {Closed/Tag: Kiigan}
by Kiigan Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:42 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Kiigan Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 am

» A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]
by Katsumi Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
No user

Donations

Question Thread

Go down

Question Thread Empty Question Thread

Post by Admin Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:38 pm

Question Thread TG2KI5c

Need a little help figuring things out?

If you aren't able to join our site discord, then you can ask any questions you might have in this thread here. As we answer questions, staff will add them to a Frequency Asked Questions list below.

FAQ's:
Admin
Admin
Admin

Administrator  
VylderGold : 1543

Back to top Go down

Question Thread Empty Re: Question Thread

Post by Shirai Hinako Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:23 pm

I have read the rules and I have some questions.

- Is possible to have a character with a familiar or to evoke someone?
- I have read that exist three types of spells: offensive, defensive or healing spells. I possible to have a character with spells purely scenic or with the power to build something? For example small bridges?

I explain what I have on mind. I want to make a character able to make a copy of the monster that he encounter and modify them to make his familiar. When he will become more expert, may be when he will reach the adept level, he would be able to copy also people, and make their copies his familiars.
Shirai Hinako
Shirai Hinako

VylderGold : 1210

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:38 pm

Dazzen wrote:I have read the rules and I have some questions.

- Is possible to have a character with a familiar or to evoke someone?

Yes, your character can have a familiar or evoke someone.

Dazzen wrote:
- I have read that exist three types of spells: offensive, defensive or healing spells. I possible to have a character with spells purely scenic or with the power to build something? For example small bridges?

Yes, magic that does not affect combat i.e. build things, is known as plot magic and can be requested here.

Dazzen wrote:
I explain what I have on mind. I want to make a character able to make a copy of the monster that he encounter and modify them to make his familiar. When he will become more expert, may be when he will reach the adept level, he would be able to copy also people, and make their copies his familiars.

This would be fine, again this is plot magic. However, to copy players or player based NPCS you will need OOC permission.
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  
VylderGold : 682132

https://vyldermire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirai Hinako Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:34 pm

to copy players or player based NPCS you will need OOC permission.
Obviously

I have another question. Having a familiar requires something? For example to acquire something like a familiar slot?
Shirai Hinako
Shirai Hinako

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:40 pm

Dazzen wrote:
to copy players or player based NPCS you will need OOC permission.
Obviously

I have another question. Having a familiar requires something? For example to acquire something like a familiar slot?

Well, if the familiar is just for plot then no it would not require slots. At the moment, the only combat style pets are those obtained through the Beast Taming System, the beasts which can be tamed are listed in The Monster Encyclopedia.
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirai Hinako Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:46 pm

Sorry for my absence. I have another question. Is possible to have more than one character at time? Or the player have to delete the old one before to play with the new one?
Shirai Hinako
Shirai Hinako

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:28 pm

Dazzen wrote:Sorry for my absence. I have another question. Is possible to have more than one character at time? Or the player have to delete the old one before to play with the new one?

This can be found in the Site Rules;

➣ CHARACTER CREATION
To start off with, Character may create up to three characters. After the third, they are required not only to buy a character slow but they must also fit the activity requirements for each additional character. For the fourth character slot, a player must be consistently active on the forum for three months. For each character made after this, they must continue to be active for an additional three months following each character creation. If a player takes a hiatus for longer than a month, this period of time is reset to their return date. At present, the maximum number of characters that can be created is ten.
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirai Hinako Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:22 pm

Sorry. May be I have forgotten that rule during the period I wasn't here.
Shirai Hinako
Shirai Hinako

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirai Hinako Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:50 pm

Sorry for the double post.
I have another question. I know that the username of the player must be the name of the character. Should also the avatar contain an image of the character?
Shirai Hinako
Shirai Hinako

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:14 pm

Shirai Hinako wrote:Sorry for the double post.
I have another question. I know that the username of the player must be the name of the character. Should also the avatar contain an image of the character?

It's recommended but not mandatory.
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirai Hinako Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:39 pm

So when I'll make another character I'll have to make a new account with the same name of the character and It would be better with an avatar with his image. Is clear.
I have another question. I noticed that your avatar change automatically everytime the page is reload. How do you able to do it? Since Hinako has tow forms it would be nice to have two possible avatars.
Shirai Hinako
Shirai Hinako

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:42 pm

Shirai Hinako wrote:So when I'll make another character I'll have to make a new account with the same name of the character and It would be better with an avatar with his image. Is clear.
I have another question. I noticed that your avatar change automatically everytime the page is reload. How do you able to do it? Since Hinako has tow forms it would be nice to have two possible avatars.

I upload my avatars onto http://www.signavatar.com/ which gives you a single rotating link. Make sure to copy and paste that into the field next to Link to an off-site avatar : otherwise the images might not work.
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirai Hinako Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:33 pm

Hi, I have another question. I noticed that statsheets are composed of different parts, for example the equipment parts, and I notices that to every part is possible to associate a different image. How can I ask to associate an image when a new post, that treats a new part, of my character statsheet is opened? Have I to use the topic "Statsheet Ceration: Requests and updates"?
Shirai Hinako
Shirai Hinako

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:44 pm

Shirai Hinako wrote:Hi, I have another question. I noticed that statsheets are composed of different parts, for example the equipment parts, and I notices that to every part is possible to associate a different image. How can I ask to associate an image when a new post, that treats a new part, of my character statsheet is opened? Have I to use the topic "Statsheet Ceration: Requests and updates"?

When you submit Equipment, in the template there is a section where you can provide a link for it. This is usually listed under the template as;

Image Link: If you would like an image place in the template please prove a link, ideal size is 540px by 150px.

There is also a box in the magic submission forms where you can add image links to your magic headers.
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:57 pm

I have some questions regarding magic,equipment and effects.

Do we have to declare all spells even something simple like making a snowball to throw at someone as a joke and with the limited spells what is the leeway for out of the box thinking and manipulating your spells?

For weapons can we have spell damage instead of strength as a pure mage is not really going to fight in melee.

Last is it possible to have spells with knock back effects or is the knock back assumed with spells that are suppose to create distance?

Addition: We all start at novice does that mean we get 1 skill point to place?

Last edited by Bleuenn Bosser on Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

VylderGold : 134836

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:41 pm

Bleuenn Bosser wrote:I have some questions regarding magic,equipment and effects.

Do we have to declare all spells even something simple like making a snowball to throw at someone as a joke and with the limited spells what is the leeway for out of the box thinking and manipulating your spells?
No, you don't need to declare all your spells, the plot section of magic templates is for people's own fun and lore. You only need to declare spells that you intend you use in player vs player threads.

Bleuenn Bosser wrote:
For weapons can we have spell damage instead of strength as a pure mage is not really going to fight in melee.

No, because that would be completely unfair to the warrior species and people who might want to use a melee build. Nor are we going to change this to cater to specific individual when there are already magic weapons that get magical abilities that deal spell damage.

Bleuenn Bosser wrote:
Last is it possible to have spells with knock back effects or is the knock back assumed with spells that are suppose to create distance?

No, knock backs aren't a thing here.

Bleuenn Bosser wrote:
Addition: We all start at novice does that mean we get 1 skill point to place?

Yes you do.
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirai Hinako Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:41 pm

Can a weapon have a skill like the possibility to appear on character hand when he need it or for that type of skill I need a plot skill assigned directly to the character?
Can a magic weapon obtain new skills or I have to obtain a new weapon if I want a weapon with more skills?
Shirai Hinako
Shirai Hinako

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:40 am

Shirai Hinako wrote:Can a weapon have a skill like the possibility to appear on character hand when he need it or for that type of skill I need a plot skill assigned directly to the character?
This would just be a plot thing that doesn't need to be officially added to a magic.

Shirai Hinako wrote:Can a magic weapon obtain new skills or I have to obtain a new weapon if I want a weapon with more skills?
Since magical On Hand equipment only get one ability, yes, you would need to obtain a new weapon to get another ability.
Iris
Iris

Administrator  
VylderGold : 22334

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:17 am

I'm a bit confused about burst spell? There suppose to be your nukes yet you pay more for the same payout as a single target spell with decreased range and a max of one use per turn.

Is it like an aoe with single target damage?
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

VylderGold : 134836

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:10 pm

Bleuenn Bosser wrote:I'm a bit confused about burst spell? There suppose to be your nukes yet you pay more for the same payout as a single target spell with decreased range and a max of one use per turn.

Is it like an aoe with single target damage?

Yes, it can hit as many targets as are in the area and deal much more damage than an aoe.
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirai Hinako Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:34 pm

Hi. In the question I posted here there was a misundersunding.

When I was talking about an image to put at the post about equipment on statsheet. I wasn't referring to the images you put here.

Spoiler:

In the weapon description. But here.

Spoiler:

As presentation of the equpment page.

I have seen other players have an image like this, in that position, on every post of the topic. So I was ascking how can I request to insert images there.
Shirai Hinako
Shirai Hinako

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:43 pm

Shirai Hinako wrote:Hi. In the question I posted here there was a misundersunding.

When I was talking about an image to put at the post about equipment on statsheet. I wasn't referring to the images you put here.

Spoiler:

In the weapon description. But here.

Spoiler:

As presentation of the equpment page.

I have seen other players have an image like this, in that position, on every post of the topic. So I was ascking how can I request to insert images there.

No, that is meant to be like that. Equipment sections do not have headers. Magic sections, and so does the main profile but if you look in the example statsheet you will see that this section has no header image and this is the same for everyone's apps.
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirai Hinako Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:27 am

Now is clear ;)! About the magic section, where have I to post the image I want on the header? Have I to post the link in "magic application thread" under "magic description"?
Shirai Hinako
Shirai Hinako

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:41 pm

Shirai Hinako wrote:Now is clear ;)! About the magic section, where have I to post the image I want on the header? Have I to post the link in "magic application thread" under "magic description"?

Using the magic application thread forms, please link it in the box underneath Image for Magic (If Applicable) .
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down