Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
On the Prowl [Nessa] WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» reminiscent: personified spirit panfandom
by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:40 am

» Lusamine
by Lusamine Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:09 pm

» A Dangerous Game {Closed/Tag: Kiigan}
by Kiigan Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:42 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Kiigan Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 am

» A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]
by Katsumi Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
No user

Donations

On the Prowl [Nessa]

Go down

On the Prowl [Nessa] Empty On the Prowl [Nessa]

Post by William Eldridge Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:26 pm

William Eldridge
WC : 329 |ThreadWC : 329 |@Nessa Cordelia Lux

William would look over as he walked down the path he had found himself on. The white dressed woman, Nessa, would be nearby, but other than her it seemed they would be alone. With a slight sigh, loud enough to get the other persons attention he would speak up.

“Well, this is supposed to be the place. I do not usually hunt near Engloria, but it seemed like the fastest way to get provisions.” We would say, a small smirk on his face. He had been traveling with Nessa for a small while now, having left Newdale pretty shortly after their first meeting they had arrived in Engloria only the night before, and wasted no time in finding a job which would pay for the rest of their trip.

William had promised to take Nessa to Sinhaven, a promise he was starting to worry about. He did not know what he was thinking, suggesting to take her there, after all there was probably nowhere more dangerous for her than the Eldritch City, but it was the only place he knew which might have what she needed. At least, it was the only place he knew people he could ask. He was sure another viable option would be Rivengate, but he had never been there.

“So, anything in particular you want to hunt? We can look for an assortment of things, or try and gather base materials…” William would say to her, half talking to himself. This was usually how his hunts went, he would go to a place, and see what happened… but, he wanted to give his companion the choice as well. After all, it didn’t really matter to him, one way or another this day would end, and the next would begin, and eventually they would be on their way to the city of Sin. "Slimes are always an okay option, they can be useful. But, if we are feeling adventurous we can find something more... challenging?"
William Eldridge
William Eldridge

VylderGold : 5235

Back to top Go down

On the Prowl [Nessa] Empty Re: On the Prowl [Nessa]

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:05 pm

Nessa

I have died everyday waiting for you, Darling don't be afraid
I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more
Nessa Cordelia Lux

Nessa strolled alongside William, violet eyes wandering the streets of Engloria. It was a scary thought in a way, to look at these streets and think about how familiar she was becoming with them. She didn't want to get used to this place, all she wanted was to go home and forget about this entire experience. Still, there was one change she didn't mind, or at least she thought she didn't. The jury was still out in this particular case. On one hand, she finally had someone helping her, offering real solid aid to her situation. The only issue was, just looking at his face was painful because it reminded her so much of the love and happiness waiting for her back home. There was gestures, movements, things he said, that brought back memories of a warm embrace, a tender kiss, the loving whispers of the man she so longed for. But it was just something she had to endure, to find that light at the end of the tunnel.

She pondered his question, trying to think about what she knew here so far. "Um, I don't really know. I don't think I've seen any slimes in Engloria. I usually farm in Hoptus Forest or that place um... ahh what's it called. Diana Plains? Danalore Plains?" She scrabbed a piece of parchment from her pocket, a map she had managed to buy with some of the labour she had done so far. "Dionalor Plains! That's it, yeah I go there sometimes," She told him, before putting the parchment away. "Um... maybe we should look at some armories so we know how much we need. I've been surviving on my magic so far but um... if we're going to Sinhaven at some point... I don't know. Will it be dangerous? Like... should I think about getting some armour to you know, protect myself a little better."  She suggested, she didn't want to offend him by any means. But thinking about her experience in Newdale, which was just on the brink of Outer Realm territory. For her, a human, she had a feeling that she might be even less welcome.

WC: 358 Total WC: 687
Tag: @William Eldridge

Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  
VylderGold : 682133

https://vyldermire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by William Eldridge Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:54 pm

William Eldridge
WC : 426 |ThreadWC : 1163 |@Nessa Cordelia Lux

William would make sure his hood was pulled over his head, and adjust his cloak to be certain it covered his wings. So long as he did not draw too much attention, most people would assume he was just another human. It helped that he was traveling with someone else, it made less people question him. The Eldritch-Hybrid had never had such an easy time in the  common lands, which is nice. Usually he would be questioned a lot more, especially once people started seeing his more demonic characteristics.

He would turn to his side as Nessa spoke, conceding to what she had said. “True, I doubt there are any here now that I think about it… no one would let the pests thrive.” He would say half to himself. “Dionalor Plains certainly has them, though I usually stick to Hoptus, for obvious reasons I do not go to Gaiyan lands too often.” He would say as they walked. “I do not usually come to Engloria either, too many humans, I try to stick to the smaller towns.” He would say with a smile, more than once even the smaller towns had proven to be a bad choice, truth is he didn’t stay anywhere long. Tis was the life of a rogue he guessed, even a well-meaning rogue.

When Nessa suggested that they went to the armories he would nod, “That is a good idea, we should get more prepared, I will not lie to you, Sinhaven is probably the most dangerous place, as far as inhabitants, that someone like you could go.” William would say being honest. “Honestly, I am not sure if it would be better for you to to act human or Elven…” he would add.

“Yeah, lets look for some armor, maybe a weapon or two. Hell, a few potions might not be bad if we can get ahold of them.” William would say with a laugh, “We are in no rush to get to Sinhaven though, so we should take our time to prepare, I am guessing you already exhausted your options in Engloria as far as Otherworlders went?” William would ask, wondering if there was any hope they could discover more. Though, he seriously doubted they would learn much in any of the main lands of Mirinah. They would have to go somewhere with Otherworld Technology.

As they walked William would keep his eyes out for shops, any that would look useful, though he was pretty sure his experience in the city would be about as useful as Nessa’s own.
William Eldridge
William Eldridge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:19 pm

Nessa

Nessa Cordelia Lux

Nessa offered him an understanding nod. Ilyanor, the home of the Gaiyans, most likely the place she knew the least about but the place people assumed she was from. That would be where the elves were, she wondered what the were like, we're they really so alike in appearance? It wasn't really something she cared to learn the answer for, because knowing wouldn't affect her goal. As such she doubted she would ever see Gaiyan territory, unless for some reason the answers she sought were there. But they couldn't be... surely?

No, for now she would trust William's guidance, and hope that this was the best and quickest route to get home. Back to her family, to her friends, and to Markus. As he agreed with her idea to get armour, Nessa would nod appreciatively because considering something else. "Ma-... Um, William, I've noticed that the more I fight monsters here, the most I regain my power. It's not much but... I think fighting and training has something to do with re-establishing my connection to my power. Either that or I'm just getting naturally stronger through practice, either way I think that maybe... when we go farming, maybe ... maybe we should spar. Just to see if I can coax out any more of my spells..." She glanced at him tentatively, not sure how he would take this suggestion. She really needed to get stronger if she was going to survive in this place and back home, even with all her combat skills, her greatest weapon had always been her light. She just knew if she could harness it once again that they would significantly reduce the risk going to Sinhaven would be for her.

"I agree, I definately want to make sure we're fully ready before we head there. And yeah, I'm pretty sure, not that many people would really talk to me about it. As soon as you mention you're an Otherworlder, they act like being near you might infect them. I can't imagine that happening in Ishgar, I think back home if someone said they were from another world people would just... I don't know... accept it I guess? It's baffling to me how difference our values are in that aspect. Don't get me wrong, there's lots of prejudice in Ishgar, but it's usually more to do with like your skin colour, the country your from, or like... if you have magic or not. There's this big divide between some of ours nations because some of them don't accept magic users at all, and whilst the rest of our nations are full of mages, the nation that is against us just so happens to be the biggest and have the most military might. There was a war a while back... I..." She paused, trying to remember what she did during that time. What role had she played during the Bellum versus Pergrande conflict. She knew she was on the side of Bellum but... what happened?

Once again the fogginess clouded over her thoughts, confusing her and leaving her short of the rest of the story. "Oh, is that an armory?" She asked him, pointing at a shop that looked like it might sell weapons.

WC: 537 Total WC: 1700

Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by William Eldridge Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:16 pm

William Eldridge
WC : 706 |ThreadWC : 2406 |@Nessa Cordelia Lux

While they walked William would keep an unsure eye on the other people, though he liked humans and actually quite enjoyed many of their cities, he had had unfortunate runnings that had made him hesitant to full trust that one wouldn't try to kill him for what he was. Though, upon thinking about it he had very little doubt many humans had the same opinion, he still saw Nessa and the way she had been attacked by the vampire.

When she spoke the eldritch would look at her again inquisitively, listening to her request, giving a half smile when she had almost called him the wrong name. Had it been anyone else, he would have been annoyed but any other person who knew his other name would be his parents, or an associate of theirs, which could only mean bad things. He wondered if Nessa would ever get over the likeness to William and her Markus. He doubted it.

William would not answer her at first, thinking it over in his head. Honestly he had no doubt that it would be a worthwhile idea, it would give him a good idea of what her strength actually was, and had a chance to help her. He was worried of course that he might hurt her, but them again doubted she was as weak as she seemed against the vampire, If anything he suspected she had just been scared but remembering the star-like magic that she had produced in his room gave him at least a bit of understanding.

“Okay, let's do it. But…” William would agree to the woman's suggestion, though he felt there should be an important condition. If she really wanted to do this, he thought it would be important. “We can not hold back at all. If you want this to be any kind of training, and you want us to get a proper measure of one another's strength, we must go all out. Not...“ William paused to add. “Not that we should kill one another, or try for anything like that, but we should definitely be certain to take it seriously.” William finished.

After William answered her question about sinhaven he would be rewarded with a bit more insight into her world. “Yeah… Gaiyans are terrified and hate anything that might mess up what they consider to be the natural order, and Eldritch are not much different except most of them consider themselves to be the ‘natural way of things’, so some use otherworld tech if it gets them on top. Anthros… Well I don't really know much about them, only met a few, in a lot of ways they are like Gaiyans. As for Humans.” He would pause thinking. “Honestly, Humans are probably the most unknown factor. Their views can vary dramatically…” William would add, thinking to what she said.

“Interesting, here magic is useful, but by no means a requirement for power. Hell, there is a city where some say magic has died out entirely. Not that I believe that particular rumor. Race is certainly the big issue in these lands, race and nobility though that varies based on culture I guess. At least, in this region. I would not know about the rest of the world.” When she spoke of the war William would listen interested, war was a big deal for their world, hell they had a massive one that at least for now had ended all wars… at least that's what people like to say, though he knew there was still conflict, it was just not out in the open. He was about to ask more about the war, perhaps to jog her memory when she suddenly changed the subject.

Looking over he saw that it was indeed an armory of some sorts, he could see a sign ‘Armstrong's Strong Arms’, and thought he could even hear the ringing of steel coming from the back. “Looks like it…” William would lead them to the abode, then hold the door open for his companion. From his position he could see a few rows of various types of armament, as well as shields, and even some armor sets in the back “After you.” He would say with a warm smile.
William Eldridge
William Eldridge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:39 am

Nessa

Nessa Cordelia Lux

Nessa couldn't help but appreciate his seriousness in her offer to fight each other, it was a small thing like this where he overlapped with his double. Markus probably wouldn't have turned her down either, that was just how he was. He didn't care that she was a woman, or how it might appear. He would just do it. One of the things she adored about him, how he never looked down on her, even in the beginning. Even when he denied the possibility of ever having feelings for her, he had been direct and true. Harsh but respectful. In his own weird way.

"Understood, no killing but no holding back either." She affirmed with a nod, she really would try her best. Doing her best to ignore the niggling inside of her that was apprehension to hurt him, to harm a hair on the face that resembled Markus. She just had to remember, he was William, not Markus. They were different people. Not the same.

Nessa listened as William went on to explain the breakdown of the the races, and how they were with each other. Such a strange reality, slightly difficult to get used to, but she knew it would be important to remember. Nessa had come the realisation that the journey home might not be as brief as she hoped, this journey, whatever it had in store for her, might very well be a long one. "I guess you can't escape judgement in any world." She observed softly, "A place with no magic huh, we have a place like that too. It like... nullifies your magic as soon as you enter."

She stepped into Armstrong's Strong Arms, moving toward the nearest wall, she began to inspect the items. "I don't know about the materials in this world, do you guys use like ... steel, iron and stuff?"

WC: 310 Total WC: 2716

Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by William Eldridge Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:41 am

William Eldridge
WC : 516 |ThreadWC : 3,232 |@Nessa Cordelia Lux

William would nod as she confirmed, and agreed with his request, and stated that she understood. He was glad she was as willing to take things as serious as he was, after all it would be dangerous. Besides, William was a stickler for proper training, and practice, it did not matter who it was, or why, if he was going to train, or fight, he was going to go all out.

“Yeah, at least that is one thing which is universal eh, judgement?” William would say with another half smile, though he was only partially joking having felt full well some of the harshest judgement that this would give. He knew, as much as it would suck, she too would come to see that Vyldimire was not all sunshine.

William was interested to hear that her world had a place which nullified magic, in fact the very concept of nullifying magic confused the Eldritch. “Nullifying as in, removed?... what about people born with magic, or like… elementals or spirits whom need it to survive?” William would ask curiously… Though, he could certainly see the appeal to such a power, what about his wings… or his own abilities. It was kind of a scary thought, he knew some humans were born without a drop of magic, but still… it was concerning to think about. He knew some people like to say magic had died out in Rivengate, but William had never believed it assuming the rumours were exaggerated, magic was so universal after all.

As they entered the establishment William would follow Nessa to look around, though he had some money he did not think he would be purchasing anything today, though it was always nice to browse. When Nessa asked him about the materials he used, his eyebrow would raise.

“You know, I never thought about what other differences there might be between our worlds… Luckily, that is not one of them. Most common arms and armor would be created from Iron or Steel I guess. I am sure some of the races have special materials, but to be honest I wouldn’t know for certain. And, of course there are monsters. I know many people like to make equipment from them.” William would say while holding an interesting looking blade. It would start smaller hear the handle, then curve forwards and get larger at the end. Before he said anything else, he would hear a voice behind them.

“Arms and Armor you say! Well you have come to the right place!” The voice who spoke was certainly a man, and unpon inspection he seemed to be a well built man with a pretty heavy beard, and a bright face. He spoke pretty happily, though William could see he had a weapon at his side as well as a belt which held various tools. “Welcome to Armstrongs Strong Arms! I am Arnald Armstrong, and we have a fabulous selection of Armor and Armaments for any occasion.” As he spoke, William could tell that the words were well practiced. “Is there anything in particular you were looking for?”
William Eldridge
William Eldridge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:50 pm

Nessa

Nessa Cordelia Lux

Nessa took a moment to ponder how to answer him, she didn't really understand the technicalities of magic itself. She was very much 'learn through practice' as opposed to 'learn through study'.  Her father might have known how it worked exactly, or even Aven, what with all his technical understanding of magic. But neither of them were here, so she would have to make do without their aid in this explanation, "It's kind of like it's just cancelled out, I'm not sure what causes it, just that magic doesn't work there whatsoever. I can't imagine people born with magic would be able to survive there at all."

The shelves of the armoury looked quite familiar with the type of armouries she visited at home, swords were swords, shields were just that. She was relieved that she had come across another complex different that she would have to learn about Vyldermire, the overlap in their world sure made surviving here easier. The main difficulties she had come across was the different culture of races amongst its inhabitants, and the currency. Luckily, it wasn't too difficult to pick upon since everyone spoke the same language as her so far -  perhaps the weirdest and luckiest coincidence of all.

She nodded at William's explanation, noting the monster modified equipment around the shop. In fact the more she looked for it, the more she noticed it. Vyldermire was a place that wasted little, they had a variation of their own monster inhabitants. And they made the most of their presents in every way, which was why monster farming seemed to be the greatest source of employment in this place. She would turn to look upon the man who spoke to them, a heavyset fellow with a jovial expression. Nessa smiled at him, always warmed by friendliness. "Um yes, I'm looking for some armour. And maybe a weapon, preferably lightweight materials?" She told him, she didn't wear much armour back home, mainly because she relied on her magical defence. So she wasn't used to wearing heavy suits whilst fighting if she was going to be fighting, relying on her physical speed would be much more necessary than her magic itself.

WC: 365 Total WC: 3597

Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by William Eldridge Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:45 am

William Eldridge
WC : 236 |ThreadWC : 3,833 |@Nessa Cordelia Lux

William would listen to the white-haired woman with vested interest. Just… Canceled it? The idea of magic just ending was strange to William, but it was certainly not the strangest thing he had ran into, honestly the woman herself probably took that title, but he was certainly not going to say that. With a smile he would nod “I see, it is interesting. I don’t know if there is anything like that here, but it would be good to know.”

As they explored the shot, William saw nothing that really drew his interest. He was never really one to look at arms or armor, but it was interesting to see the differences within the shop. He never really spent much time in the humans’ lands, at least not in any of the major cities, and certainly not long enough to shop. So, it was interesting to be looking around. As the man came towards them and introduced himself and the shop, William would raise his eyebrow, but say nothing. Letting Nessa do the talking.

As she spoke about what she needed, William would look around, he knew elven material was supposed to be good, but had no idea if the shop would carry any of it. “So, I guess it would be poor taste to say you need some elven arms and armor?” William would ask with a smile, hoping she would not be too annoyed.
William Eldridge
William Eldridge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:09 pm

Nessa

Nessa Cordelia Lux

"Hurr hurr, very funny. You know in my world these ears are a cute asset! A cute human asset." She retorted to his teasing, despite the smirk on her lips. "What are elves like anyway? I've never met one and I'd like to know what sort of treatment I should expect going forward."

As Nessa perused the shelves, the glint of colour caught her eye. An assortment of pinks, purples and blues painted across a short blade. It was magnificent, artistic, beautiful and lithe. She picked up the dagger, gripping the hilt. She would adjust her stance, before practising a few series of assault moves with the short weapon. There was something about the blade that seems to resonate within it, as though as she began to wield it, it had become an extension of her limb - a part of her.

She looked over to the clerk, "Do you have a target I can practice throwing this at?" She asked, to which he would nod and guide her to an unoccupied stretch of wall, pulling back a curtain to reveal a wooden board with a bullseye painted in the middle. Nessa positioned herself across from it, moving back a few paces to increase the distance between herself and the target. Moving her grip to the tip of the hilt, she pulled it back of her shoulder, taking a moments pause to concentrate on her target. And as she launched the knife across the store, it would fly true, hitting the target firmly. Not quite centre, but only a few centimetres off, were the target big enough it would still do its job.

The most curious thing was the glimmer of light that had trailed along the blade path, like a rainbow-esque spectrum, it trailed from Nessa's hand all the way to where the blade remained on the target. She didn't know how she knew, but she knew what to do next. Willing the blade back to her, it would dislodge itself from the board, floating back through the air, as though pulled by the spectrum of light and landing firmly in Nessa's grip once more. She stared at the knife with awe, a smile stretching across her face as she looked up at the shopkeep.

"I'll take this !" She moved to the counter, pulling out a bag of Vyldergold, dividing her coins up as reasonably as she could. "And whatever armour I can get with the rest, preferably not too heavy if possible. And not 'Elven' either!"

WC: 419 Total WC: 4252

Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by William Eldridge Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:36 pm

William Eldridge
WC : 236 |ThreadWC : 3,833 |@Nessa Cordelia Lux

William would laugh as she responded. “Don’t worry, they are cute here too, just giving you a hard time. In these lands, they will be an asset to you.” He would say with a laugh, not adding that in Sinhaven the opposite will be the case. “Honestly… I don’t know. I do not have much interaction with the Gaiyans. Most of them would think of my… existence… as an affront to nature. I have met few elves they prefer to keep to themselves, and are pretty cold to both humans and Eldritch alike.” William would say, as they browsed answering her questions.

William would eye the dagger she found interested. It was a beautiful blade, as they went to practice with the blade, he would watch her throw it with deadly accuracy, hitting the target with a thump, he would see it vibrate slightly with the force, then watch eyes wide as it sailed back through the air, strait into the woman's hand. “Damn. That is a pretty useful knife…” He would say with a laugh. As they started to leave, he would laugh once more as she specified whatever she got, to make sure it was not elven. “Probably a good idea, elven armor while light would draw a lot of attention where we are going.” William would add.

As they left the shop, William would look around, and speak up. “We should grab some supplies, it will be a long journey, and of course we will want to get some heavy travel cloaks, just in case.” He would say, taking them to various places to stock up on food, and water, and supplies for the trip. Mostly he would grab quick things like jerky, and spices. “We can hunt for fresh meals, so don’t worry about that.” He would say, he knew quite a few monster hideouts between here and Sinhaven, so he was not too worried.

When they were ready, he would look towards Nessa and smile. “Anything else you wish to do before we take off? I suggest we get a bit from the city before we spare, I don’t want anyone to think I am some crazed Demon attacking an El…Human after all.” He would say, quickly fixing what he was about to say.
William Eldridge
William Eldridge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:17 am

Nessa

Nessa Cordelia Lux

Nessa glanced at him as he spoke of the Gaiyan's perspective of him, somewhat saddened by this revelation. It seemed so bizarre to her, that because of his heritage he would be treated so differently here. It didn't make sense to her, people don't ask to be born, they don't choose who created them. They just are. So why are they treated so unfairly for it - it was a strange concept to her but not one she was entirely unfamiliar with. And whilst her own experience wasn't likely to be anything close to his, from memory she could gather some understanding of what he might have grown up within this world. "I'm sorry you are treated this way, for what it's worth. I think your existence is pretty friggin' amazing." She told him earnestly, not sure if they would provide any comfort to him but hopefully regardless.

After finding the dagger and getting her items from the vendor, Nessa would pay for the items. The sight of her Vyldergold dwindling causing her to feel anxious. She didn't want to rely too much on William, internally she hoped that they could get this trip down quickly so that she could get back and earn a bit more. At least enough to get her home.

As they picked up most of the things they needed for the journey, Nessa followed alongside William, satisfied with her haul, it had been kind of nice spending the day with him - to not have to do this alone. It was still very much strange to look at his face and not think of him as Markus, but there were a few things that she noticed help. It was hard to pinpoint, but there were subtle differences in the way he acted, he teased but he also seemed softer natured than Markus. There was also, of course, the eye patch that he wore, reminding her visibility that he was someone else.

"I don't think so, I'm happy to head off. I don't really know the area that well so I'll just follow you."

WC: 348 Total WC: 4836

Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content